IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

Let's see, John MacArthur would like to see more of:

Mothers rocking babies,

Women cooking dinner for their families,

Women reading stories to their children.

I don't think Lori is the one to emulate here, what with her "nanny from heaven" who held her babies, the fact that she only made big salads for suppers, and believes that giving too much attention to your children is a bad thing.

Count me in on Team Alyssa, who is a perfectly lovely soul, and seems genuinely happy and in love with her husband. Something Lori has never had in her life. Perhaps jealousy is the root cause of all the P-A swipes? Methinks YES.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Hahah today's post is all about her viral post again and how she was too distracted with her grandkids to spell tutor correctly!!

Whenever my viral post goes viral again, many of my more recent posts receive a lot of hits and comments as well. Unfortunately, vile and nasty comments are spewed all over my Facebook page, along with contentious and contrary ones (those who believe it’s their duty to scold me for what I teach). Thankfully, I have a small “army” of godly women helping me to ban, delete, and hide those types of comments. My husband, Ken, has also become an administrator of my Facebook page since he wants to help moderate during times like these. It gets overwhelming and this homemaking viral post seems to go viral fairly frequently. (I appreciate that he is involved and overseeing my ministry to women, too. He also mentors men who come my way seeking help in their marriages. He has a lot of wisdom!)

This is one of the posts that was receiving quite a bit of comments recently. (Yes, I know I spelled “tutor” wrong but at the time I wrote it, I was taking care of my three young and precious grandchildren and wasn’t as careful as I normally would be but I do make mistakes!):

Shouldn't she be focused on taking care of the kids and not distracted with blog material! Again a walking contradiction. She should not be posting at all when she has the kids. Soley focus on family like she preaches to everyone else.

Its very clear the title of this post isn't what the post is about. She had to come up with something to not make it look like she was talking about her viral post again, but more than half is just about that and then she decides to throw in  few quotes and Ken's admonishment to make it look like its really about women not having careers. 

Ken and his classic "are not..." in full display.

Also so if you made a mistake on tutor because busy with kids, why not correct it? Why delete all the comments that called it out? 

I have some news that may come as a shock to all of you.  Brace yourselves.

LORI WENT VIRAL.  Really.  She went VIRAL.  Can you believe she went VIRAL? Because she did.  She had a post go VIRAL.

1st sentence of today's post:

Whenever my viral post goes viral again, many of my more recent posts receive a lot of hits and comments as well. 

Did you catch that?  Lori went VIRAL!  If you haven't read her VIRAL post, you can just click the little handy dandy link to her post that went VIRAL.  It went VIRAL, you know!

Unfortunately, vile and nasty comments are spewed all over my Facebook page, along with contentious and contrary ones (those who believe it’s their duty to scold me for what I teach). 

Scold the Godly Mentor?  Surely, you jest!  Everyone knows that Lori does the scolding, not the other way around!  She doesn't need people holding her accountable.  She speaks for the God of the Universe.  And besides, she went VIRAL!

Thankfully, I have a small “army” of godly women helping me to ban, delete, and hide those types of comments. My husband, Ken, has also become an administrator of my Facebook page since he wants to help moderate during times like these. 

Does that "small army" of godly women consist of the same women that you frequently remind not to spend too much time on the internet?  Of course, I guess this is different.  After all God Lori did go VIRAL, and they are fighting for him her.

It gets overwhelming and this homemaking viral post seems to go viral fairly frequently. 

*sigh* Going VIRAL is overwhelming.  I can't even imagine what it would feel like to go VIRAL frequently.  And then to have to post about going VIRAL.  And to have to work the fact that you went VIRAL into conversations.  

Any suggestions?

Maybe when she signs her Christmas cards, she could include a link to her VIRAL post.

Maybe she could get her name changed.  VIRAL Alexander has a nice ring to it.

Maybe when she goes to the grocery, she could hand out business cards with a link to her blog and her VIRAL post.

Maybe she could require potential chat room members to share her VIRAL post before she allows them to join.

Please chime in with any additional ideas to help Lori spread the word.  After all, she went VIRAL!

Oh Lori! *sigh* You can't have been a very good teacher. One of the first lessons I learned in teaching social sciences was that if students challenged you, you had their attention and they were engaging. Reading a stack of essays that all parroted my opinion on issues was a clear sign that *I* had failed. Teaching is about so much more than getting everyone to toe the party-line!

Sure, in the natural sciences there are usually right or wrong answers. But even that kind of teaching is designed to make people critically engage, come up with new ideas and if it doesn't pan out in the lab, you go back to the drawing board.

Lori, if you ever only want to be right, stick to Sudoku or crossword puzzles!

Doesn't it seem like Ken should have been an administer all along if he is her head and suppose to be overseeing everything?? Another brilliant idea, how about no comments allowed! Saves so much energy that could be used for more fruitful endeavors. Is this really how God wants her and other women using their time?

@AlwaysDiscerning- exactly!  She doesn't allow anyone to question or disagree with her, so what's the point of comments?  

Of course, the answer to that, is Lori likes to watch the fan girls trip all over themselves to praise her and tell her how godly she is.

Which brings me to your next point:  Shouldn't Lori's Godly Army be tending their homes and children, instead of working for Queen Lori of the Internet?  How is that different from having a job, other than the fact that they aren't getting paid to help Lori "monitor" the interwebz 24/7.  

A woman (who thought she was wise) once made the following comments:

Instead of spending so much time on the computer, iPhone, watching television, etc. spend your time making an eternal investment into your children. Teach them God's Word consistently. You don't want to stand before God and confess to Him that you failed to teach your children His Holy Word because you were too busy on the Internet. 

There are many distractions today. In olden days, the women would waste their times leaving their homes and gossiping with other women. Now, we can do it in our own homes through television, Facebook, emails, texts, and tweets. These are all distracting young women from what they should be doing and causing them to be idle. They also use their tongues for evil and tearing others down with their words.

Young women should be taking good care of their husband, children, and home. This is the prescription the Lord has given them. They don’t need to be in other women’s business and speaking things against them. We are commanded to treat others as we treat ourselves. If you don’t want to be gossiped about, don’t gossip about others.

The bitch has gossiped about the other women all the time on her blog. She gossiped about a neighbor's messy home, her son's high classmates, and I recall she gossiped about a wedding she attended where the bride was in medical school or some other post-grad program(can't remember which one).

A part of me wonders if when Lori's kids were young, she tried to become friends with other SAHMs and she is unlikable and people rejected her. Let's face it everyone gossips to various degrees. Some of the women who leave their homes to met up with other friends for coffee or for visits might not even gossiping about anyone. They could be talking about how their husbands and kids are doing or they could be talking about hobbies, TV shows, or books.

7 hours ago, Curious said:

Oh I know. I graduated before the internet was a thing.  I meant how much source material could there be in a school library/newspapers/etc back then about gay bathroom sex.   I haven't done a search to see what is on the net, but I can't imagine that 1) there were many books written on the subject and 2) how many of the available source materials would be in the library of a Christian college?

Also, why gay bathroom sex vs just gay sex?  That's so...specific

Oh. I'm sorry. I get your point now and I agree with you completely. 

I can’t with her today. The hypocrisy is astounding and it is evident that she is really looking for a fight or an even more viral post. What she doesn’t understand is that she went viral because the vast majority of people- even believers- recognize her posts as inaccurate, contentious, and misleading. She clearly has an agenda against working women. 

I work outside the home- always have- and I (or hubs, because fathers are important as well) rocked babies to sleep, cook dinner, clean, meal plan, etc on the regular. She’s rigid in her thinking for sure. Tonight in class I am lecturing on ego psychology. I wish I could use her posts and comments as the case study. 

This morning I came in determined to finish an article for publication- catching up on this thread was my reward. I have to say, you didn’t disappoint! 

Lori Alexander:  Viral like herpes, impossible to get rid of, and just as miserable to live with. 

Is she really presuming to put words into Jesus' mouth?

Jesus said, ‘For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?’ (Mark 8:36). I think He would also say for today’s world, ‘What does it profit a woman to have a career, and the money and ego that goes with it, to lose out on the best life has to offer in family and marriage?’

That's flirting with blasphemy right there, more than any working woman could ever hope to do.

She is saying then that women will lose their soul if they have a career. "I think" and "probably" doesn't mean its true, Lori. 

zeromoney.PNG.94bbb1a6d7ed18b036dbe0889d8a4cd6.PNG

What about from book though?  I think if she was asked about the book she would have deleted. 

I've been thinking over the "gay bathroom sex" and sociology paper.  I wonder if it was a mistake on the listener's part.  I know that there was a bathhouse culture both in Rome and in San Francisco more recently.  I keep thinking that "the sky is falling" reaction to anything about homosexual lifestyles may have twisted something legitimate into the incomprehensible. i.e. "bathhouse" became "bathroom"?

I can see sociological value in exploring ways people who are ostracized by a culture carve out community for themselves.

18 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Is she really presuming to put words into Jesus' mouth?

That's flirting with blasphemy right there, more than any working woman could ever hope to do.

Yes, she has started to use the word "probably" a lot, when dealing with scripture.  It wasn't that long ago that she quoted scripture and "added" something to it on her Instagram.  

Lori and Ken seem to feel that scripture would have been better written if they'd had a hand in it.

Proverbs 30: 5-6

Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.  Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. 

OH LOL!! She deleted the question and response I just posed asking if she makes money from her blog. 

Why on earth does she respond just to do that? I wonder if its the other admins. Its probably a lot of confusion on what to delete and what not. 

Lori commented this on her own post:

59d3c62d503b2_Lori4a.JPG.1b3a0ddc8620ab4a778a434a4b5b29c8.JPG

Seriously? 

My education and career make me more appealing to my husband not less.  When we sit down at the dinner table at night we have conversations where we connect and each bring something to share.  We often sit there talking long after our meal is over.  This is probably part of the reason why couples who marry who have graduate degrees have marriages which are more likely to last than those who marry young and have no college. . . 

9 hours ago, Curious said:

Also, why gay bathroom sex vs just gay sex?  That's so...specific

Not exactly shocking that gay sex is being characterized in this anecdote as random public hookups with an air of deviancy. I don't think mentioning all the other types of gay sex in the world taking place between loving, committed partners in the privacy of their own homes really fits the narrative. :my_biggrin:

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Doesn't it seem like Ken should have been an administer all along if he is her head and suppose to be overseeing everything?? Another brilliant idea, how about no comments allowed! Saves so much energy that could be used for more fruitful endeavors. Is this really how God wants her and other women using their time?

It is pretty simple to require all comments to be approved in the first place--on Facebook as well as on a WordPress blog. I don't understand why she doesn't just moderate everything to start with. If something is on her page or blog for even ten minutes, people will see it. If she wants everything to stay on-message, she could be much more effective at this. The woman needs to find herself a blog coach.

I tell my husband all the time I didn't marry him to have a provider. While yes, right now he is the primary earner with the better earning potential sticking it out in a rough job, I tell him all the time if he wants to quit there we'll just hack it out with two lesser paying jobs. He refuses, but knowing i will not/do not just sit around counting on him "to provide" has taken such a huge load off of his mind. He tells me all the time how he's so glad he married me and not a silly gothard girl from his circle growing up. 

Tudor seems an odd spelling mistake for someone distracted. I could see it being "tutor" or something like that. Tudor just seems like plan ignorance to me. 

18 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

Lori commented this on her own post:

59d3c62d503b2_Lori4a.JPG.1b3a0ddc8620ab4a778a434a4b5b29c8.JPG

Seriously? 

My education and career make me more appealing to my husband not less.  When we sit down at the dinner table at night we have conversations where we connect and each bring something to share.  We often sit there talking long after our meal is over.  This is probably part of the reason why couples who marry who have graduate degrees have marriages which are more likely to last than those who marry young and have no college. . . 

Yep. My husband refused to propose until I was about to finish  college.  Now, I have my Master's in Education, and he is in the dissertation part of his Ph.D.   There is no way he would have married a woman without an education.  Most educated men don't. 

One would have a hard time finding a doctor or lawyer married to a woman without a college degree (even if she is a SAHM). 

Many of Lor's fan girls who haven't been to college have husbands who haven't been either. That's why the men have to work 2-3 jobs so the women can stay home on the internet and have a contest about who is the poorest. 

42 minutes ago, molecule said:

It is pretty simple to require all comments to be approved in the first place--on Facebook as well as on a WordPress blog. I don't understand why she doesn't just moderate everything to start with. 

It is easy, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't do it on FB because she wants the nasty, 'vulgar', occasionally profanity-laden 'attacks' so she can whine about being persecuted.  Viral Lori seems to enjoy frequent martyrbation sessions, and she can't do that publicly if her acolytes don't get to see what she's bitching about. But reasonable questions or disagreements? To the trash with that! 

17 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

This sounds like what my family had to years ago with my sister's ex-boyfriend. He was quite selfish and used to eat/drink a lot of canned beverages and and snack foods so much that sometimes there wasn't much left over for other guests. This happened at several family events.  He also had sticky fingers and stole things from my parents and other relatives. We definitely had to keep an eye on him.

I have a cousin-in-law that I started telling my husband (it's his cousin) that when they visit they either need to eat out or help with the food. And I had to tell my husband under no circumstances buy his dinner. This cousin "forgets" his wallet often. Him and his son will eat a weeks worth of my groceries and I don't have the budget to replace that much food. It really grinds me because he is very rich (brags about his money and his early retirement in his early 50s) and can afford to help with the cost (since they have such large appetites) or be mindful there are others and take smaller portions. I don't watch all my guests, just this cousin and his son.

This is too much!!

The last response by Jess was up for less than 3 minutes. I refreshed and Got Jess' last response then refreshed 2 mins later and gone. Godly women always have to have the last word so she gave Jill the last word. Of course it was hilarious that Jill basically said housewives on TV in the the 50s weren't depressed so depressed women must not have existed!

jilltodd.PNG

jilltodd2.PNG

Today's post starts with three paragraphs that are in response to what she reads about herslf. Three! Then the horse of truth rides in to mansplain and put words in Jesus' mouth. WTF? My favorite part was Lori talking about her "small army". Is there no end to her ego? 

@AlwaysDiscerning it's interesting that Jill Todd would specifically mention The Andy Griffith Show. Francis Bavier, who played Aunt Bee, had said in several interviews that she was unhappy with the potrayal of Aunt Bee. She felt that the character was underdeveloped and she always wanted Aunt Bee to have more personality beyond her scope of baking and taking care of the menfolk.

It's interesting that Lori wonders if highly educated women are turning men off and will never marry, while the older Duggar sisters are finding husbands.

Even proponents of the courtship model are starting to notice women with meek and quiet spirits in their 20's, 30's and beyond sitting at home waiting for husbands.  We talk about many here at FJ.

I guess it helps to have a t.v. $how in order to find husbands, but not every fundie girl and woman is so fortunate.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived