IGNORED

Lori Alexander 30: Bad Speller, Worse Teacher, the Worst Mentor

laPapessaGiovanna

Her ignorance is proof that college doesn't benefit everyone. She still preaches against educating women and pro spanking children. She's evil. She's Lori Alexander.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Liza said:

there was no welfare in Europe.

That depends on when and where.
I am from Europe just like all of my family. Both my grandmothers were career women. One of them was a brilliant dressmaker who started and successfully ran her own business.
However, there was welfare here: There was welfare during Nazi-times (a long with murder, squalor,... So no, I'm not giving the Hitler-was-right-BS-talk). As the country got back on its feet during the 50/60/70s welfare gained speed. F.i. during the 60s for the first time all children received free school books (independent of the household income). My grandmothers didn't receive the books but they needed less money for the children to buy them school books.
The least welfare was during the late 20s (depression). My grandmothers were children during the 20s. So any welfare or lack of welfare before the 30s bothered their parents. But maybe you aren't my age and your grandmothers worked hard during these times.

The biggest problem I have with Lori on this is the fact, she uses a quote from someone who wrote in the middle to late 19th century. This is not comparable to my grandparents, your grandparents, you, me ..... nor never, in no way, comparable or useful to the contemporary young woman Lori would like to target. I'm sure neither she nor her fangirls thought about all the changes since 1896 (last possible year this quote is from).

11 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Should this thread be #30? I see it as 29 again.

Thanks.  I fixed it.  I'm sure @laPapessaGiovanna was just trying to be nice to Lori since we know all women are 29 and holding, right?  :)

Dear God in heaven, what is wrong with these people...

Kelley:

Lori,

Our younger daughter Danielle recently hosted a baby shower for our older daughter Dana whose first child is due before Christmas. One of the many gifts I gave her was a paddle. I had saved it for years with her baby spoon and other more sentimental items from her babyhood. The paddle was made by pulling off the sandpaper pieces from each side of a foot/heel sander, and I made an identical one for my other daughter when she becomes a mother.

When Dana smiled and remarked about the paddle, my aunt, my mother, my sister-in-law, both of my daughters and I were all chuckling about the “rod of correction.” Momentarily, however, I noticed a hush had fallen over the event. Much later we realized that there was some shock over the paddle. As my gifts were the last to be opened, we all heard the new mother-to-be remark with glee, “Mom, the paddle is the best gift ever!” and she was dead serious. “Justin’s going to love it, too!” and he did!

Apparently our expectant parents are pretty sick and tired of how their friends allow their little ones to behave. We didn’t allow our tots to decide what to eat or not, what to wear or not, etc. They were trained and expected to obey immediately and willlingly, and when or if they did not, there were consequences for disobedience. Ironically, we only had to apply the rod of correction up to about 2 years old. Diligence and consistency are key when coupled with love and determination to raise in the fear of God.

I rejoice that my children will walk in Truth as they raise their own offspring. They face more treacherous challenges than when we were raising them three decades ago. Biblically obedient parents need our prayers and support, our words of encouragement.

*hugs*
Kelley~

For clarity, the Grandma-to-be saved a paddle because it was a "sentimental item" from her daughter's babyhood.   Babyhood.  Let that sink in for a moment.  She implies that they didn't have to use the paddle after two years old.  Which means they were using a paddle ON A BABY!

What the fuck is wrong with these people.  My God.  Damn...I just can't.  They are monsters.

Today's tirade is against an article that says it's okay for women to work rather than stay at home.

Many women today are “called” into the ministry to leave their homes, stand behind pulpits, and preach the Word of God with many men in attendance. Many women are “called” to divorce their husbands. Many women are “called” to do whatever they “feel” like doing as long as it makes them happy. NO! We are CALLED to obey the clear commands from God’s perfect and unchanging Word.

Many women today are "called" into blogging to look into other people's homes, teach men that they can spank their children, and try to make their posts go viral with many men reading. Many women are "called" to let their husbands ride in on the Horse of Truth when they've said something ridiculous or hurtful to others. Many women are "called" to do whatever they "feel" like doing as long as they can tell other women to follow a totally different set of made-up rules. NO! We are CALLED to obey ALL the commands from God's perfect and unchanging Word, including to love and serve others.

8 minutes ago, Koala said:

Kelley:

For clarity, the Grandma-to-be saved a paddle because it was a "sentimental item" from her daughter's babyhood.   Babyhood.  Let that sink in for a moment.  She implies that they didn't have to use the paddle after two years old.  Which means they were using a paddle ON A BABY!

What the fuck is wrong with these people.  My God.  Damn...I just can't.  They are monsters.

What the hell did I just read.  That was sickening.

Confession time:  When my daughter was about 18 months old, she pulled her hand out of mine and darted into the street.  It was at a pretty busy intersection and I was scared out of my mind.  When I caught up to her I gave her 1 swat on a diapered butt and said (ok yelled) "You can't run away from mommy like that!"  

My adrenaline was insane.  By the time I got back to the sidewalk I was shaking and then I looked at my daughter's face and my heart broke into a million pieces.  I never spanked or really even raised my voice so she was shocked and hurt.

I apologized and explained that she scared the everliving fuck out of me (in toddler appropriate language, of course).  Gave her some loves and she was fine again.   *I* was not.  I never had any intention of spanking my kids at all and was pretty shocked that I gave her a swat, but all I could see is the scene from Pet Semetary where the truck hits the baby who ran into the highway.

I still feel guilty some 25+ years later.  I can't imagine having a paddle to hand me down to use on my grandchildren. 

Neither of my kids were wild/out of control.  If they acted up, we left and it only took a couple times for them to figure out tantrums were not conducive to getting what they wanted.  I never baby proofed my house (other than electric sockets) because I didn't expect my friends to baby proof just because I now had a child.   I never had to spank to stop them from touching things they shouldn't.

I can't imagine being so fucking proud about being so lazy you have to paddle your babies rather than taking time to nurture their little growing brains and bodies.   Sick!

22 minutes ago, molecule said:

NO! We are CALLED to obey the clear commands from God’s perfect and unchanging Word.

You know, Lori has a lot of fucking nerve to question what other people are called to do.  God's plan for everyone is obviously not the same. 

Also since God's words are perfect and unchanging why is she always changing his words to suit her.  Remember when she changed some verse to say husband instead of whatever it originally said.  Also, if his word is perfect, how can Jesus be wrong?

Also, does someone know the verse off the top of their head that COMMANDS Lori (older women) to teach younger women?

I think I'm nearing the "older woman" territory and I don't feel like I've been COMMANDED to teach younger women to subjugate themselves to their husbands.

10 minutes ago, Curious said:

I think I'm nearing the "older woman" territory and I don't feel like I've been COMMANDED to teach younger women to subjugate themselves to their husbands.

The only time I ever felt the need to mentor a younger woman about her marriage was when my friend's husband left her.

I basically gave her wine and let her bitch for a while . Then told her there was space in my house should she and her children need somewhere to live while she got herself sorted out.

I thought that's people should do not tell her to submit harder.

35 minutes ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

The only time I ever felt the need to mentor a younger woman about her marriage was when my friend's husband left her.

I basically gave her wine and let her bitch for a while . Then told her there was space in my house should she and her children need somewhere to live while she got herself sorted out.

I thought that's people should do not tell her to submit harder.

OMG. Something similar happened to me last night. A 40ish woman I know, with two teenagers, confided that she had asked her husband for a divorce and explained why (he was simultaneously complaining about the time she spent on her interests/career and insisting that she couldn't possibly succeed--while she was indeed succeeding). I gave her a little info from the histories of my two divorces (1980 and 2000) and told her, "You got this."

Lori has really been fighting tooth and nail about the women not working outside the home thing. She must really be worked (haha) up about it. You know I almost admire her abilities, somehow she is able to write her little bits of wisdom, "manage" (cough, cough delete comments) her blog/ Facebook, do all the housework, cook healthy meals, watch her grandkids, I'm sure study her Bible, pray for all those evil feminists, and please her husband. Actually I'm not sure which of that stuff she actually does. She certainly doesn't study her Bible. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Kelley:

This grandmother-to-be is horrifying.  To hit a baby with a paddle is truly monstrous, and it makes me sick to think about it. 

But I'm going to hope that she was entirely wrong about her daughter's actual reaction to the paddle, when her daughter said "with glee":  "“Mom, the paddle is the best gift ever!” and she was dead serious. “Justin’s going to love it, too!” and he did!   

2 hours ago, Curious said:

*snipped quote*

Also, does someone know the verse off the top of their head that COMMANDS Lori (older women) to teach younger women?

"COMMANDS" is a pretty strong word (I know it's Lori's word, and she's taking a great deal of liberty with what the verse actually says)

Titus 2:4-5 That they (older women) may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God may not be blasphemed. (KJV)

I don't know about you all, but "may" doesn't equal a command. The original Greek word sōphronizōsin is also translated as "may encourage" or "might train". It is quite definitely not a "must" or "are required to".

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Kelley:

And. . .the sandpaper? That's one I never heard of. What is the sandpaper for? Can you imagine it's effects on a baby's skin. 

So (just guessing here), she stapled the sandpaper to a paddle, and then hit the baby with it?

It sounds mean, but I don't think these people deserve to have successful pregnancies.

5 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

"COMMANDS" is a pretty strong word (I know it's Lori's word, and she's taking a great deal of liberty with what the verse actually says)

Titus 2:4-5 That they (older women) may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God may not be blasphemed. (KJV)

I don't know about you all, but "may" doesn't equal a command. The original Greek word sōphronizōsin is also translated as "may encourage" or "might train". It is quite definitely not a "must" or "are required to".

And nowhere does it say to teach young women "to only be keepers at home and not engage in paid work,"  much less: "In the future, when the economy and culture are completely different, woman must stay home and not work."  

But there are plenty of NT verses praising women for their good works outside the home ("In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor."); teaching that housework is not nearly as important as learning from Jesus (Mary and Martha); and telling believers not to be idle busybodies but rather do their share of the work (2 Thessalonians 3).

11 minutes ago, Hisey said:

And. . .the sandpaper? That's one I never heard of. What is the sandpaper for? Can you imagine it's effects on a baby's skin. 

So (just guessing here), she stapled the sandpaper to a paddle, and then hit the baby with it?

No, it says she took the sandpaper off. The paddle *is* the heel scraper, minus the sandpaper.

Still upsetting.

3 hours ago, Koala said:

Kelley:

If you are applying a paddle to a child under 2, that kid does not know why he is being hit. From his perspective, he is happily playing when his mother comes along and whacks him and sticks her mad face in front of him. Imagine the surprise, the hurt, the feeling of betrayal in that little person. And even her explanation will not suffice in a child that young. He doesn't know about the "future" or "money" or about "wiping" so he'll never understand that the whack was because he unwound the toilet paper. He may stay away from the TP in the future (though toddlers are not known for their good memories or willingness to comply), but he won't ever trust you in quite the same way again.

A person just +/- 20 months out of the womb does not know that electric sockets are bad or that mom needs her sleep or that biting a breast causes pain to the big creature next to you.. Half the time, toddlers think they are bird or a dinosaur or something, anyway. Even if he understands the word "no", he often doesn't have the impulse control to stop himself in the middle of an act. If he is crying or acting out, it is usually because he is tired, wet or hungry--which means the parent needs to do HER job by fixing those things. 

7 minutes ago, Petronella said:

No, it says she took the sandpaper off. The paddle *is* the heel scraper, minus the sandpaper.

Still upsetting.

How inventive!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived