IGNORED

Joe and Kendra 5: Married!

Destiny

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see this posted yet but maybe I'm way behind or it's posted elsewhere. Jana hosted a game with plain questions to get to know Kendra and Joe a bit better. Besides the Nike-skirts and Kendra's laughter, it's nice to see Jana been given a role. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/09/get-to-know-joe-and-kendra.html?m=1

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

I didn't see this posted yet but maybe I'm way behind or it's posted elsewhere. Jana hosted a game with plain questions to get to know Kendra and Joe a bit better. Besides the Nike-skirts and Kendra's laughter, it's nice to see Jana been given a role. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/09/get-to-know-joe-and-kendra.html?m=1

Nike skirts? Who?

9 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Here's a close-up of Jessa's shoe. It looks like some kind of closed-toed shoe, but it's not clear so it could really be anything.

I thought she went barefoot, based on her being barefoot in the rehearsal. But I don't think it was ever clarified. 

Just Googled, here is the picture I was remembering:

IMG_6270.JPG.05180f0c97cf1538ead36d77f57d000e.JPG

On 9/16/2017 at 3:37 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

That picture of the truck. Good grief. "Finally hitched"? They've known each other for 12 minutes. If they were in their 40s and been "special friends"/courting/engaged for a decade, "finally" would be appropriate. She's barely 19, for pity sake.

Well, when you're 19/22 and horny and want to bone already, a few months must feel like 'finally'. 

3 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

For those commenting how young Kendra's mom looks, she is probably 38-40 years old. So not very old at all.

That's true, but she looks easily ten years younger than that to me. After having seven (?) kids! Very good genes, to be sure.

2 hours ago, Londish said:

I thought she went barefoot, based on her being barefoot in the rehearsal. But I don't think it was ever clarified. 

Just Googled, here is the picture I was remembering:

They rehearsed running from the stage for their first kiss??????????? So much spontaneity I guess. 

Never understood what is there to rehearse for a wedding (especially when it takes place in a formal church setting) apart from who goes in when. Which is only important if you have a big wedding party, which is not common in my country (thank god!).

5 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

They rehearsed running from the stage for their first kiss??????????? So much spontaneity I guess. 

Never understood what is there to rehearse for a wedding (especially when it takes place in a formal church setting) apart from who goes in when. Which is only important if you have a big wedding party, which is not common in my country (thank god!).

There's a lot to rehearse, especially if you have a large wedding party. Where do people stand, who does what when, etc. I did not have a rehearsal. The wedding mostly went okay anyway, with one exception. The pianist had never played a wedding before and he was positioned so that he couldn't see us. I picked the music I wanted for the processional, but I didn't think to time the procession and compare it to the length of the music. We stood at the altar for several minutes before a guest got up and told him to stop playing.

I just see it as them trying to find Jana something to do so that we all think she gets to leave the house other than to nanny for Jessa. .

13 hours ago, Incognito22 said:

I don't get these "Godly folks " messing with people's special day.  These stupid pranks really chap my ass!

I suppose they know it's coming, so people just factor it in as part of the day.

Now, an unexpected prank would be very annoying

On 09/09/2017 at 7:37 PM, Hmmm_idolatry said:

I like her dress (based on what I can see of it so far).  The shape of the top reminds me of Jessa's gown, and Jessa's gown is my favorite of all the Duggar wedding gowns.  She looks so young, but as long as she's happy, then so be it.  I hope these two have a happy marriage and do their own thing in life, whatever that may be.  

I'm half Italian, so the idea of having a party and not feeding people ginormous quantities of food is baffling to me, but Kendra's parents don't have that TLC paycheck coming in, so I will cut them some slack. It sounds like their big meal was that Mexican dinner the night before the wedding.  I can't help but wonder if Joe and Kendra didn't pull into a drive thru on their way to their hotel.  

Hell, my husband and I pulled into a drive thru between the ceremony & reception.... Then we had way too much food at the reception (as in, we had to-go boxes for our guests, and had planned it that way) and in between clearing up the venue (the amenity room at our condo lmao) and triple checking everything was packed for the next morning flight we ordered a pizza - which I'm pretty sure we didn't even touch we were that tired and has my MIL throw out so it wouldn't sit in our fridge for 3 weeks, but that's not the point lmao.

I'm sure they pulled into the drive thru - or super quickly changed and went out for a dinner. Who knows? All I know is weddings are stressful and you never really get a chance to eat even when there is actual food served. :) 

I'm sure I'm falling victim to TLC's clever marketing but I absolutely love Joe and Kendra. I just watched their little oatmeal cookie recipe video and they seem like such a sweet, genuine couple. The way they come across on screen is perfect: more warm than Jessa and Ben, more tasteful (read: less obviously hateful) than Jill and Derick, and no trying-too-hard, scripted vibe like I get from some fundie couples. Even when Smuggar and Anna were newlyweds, there were signs that Josh was selfish and viewed Anna as a means to "righteously fulfill" his desires rather than a partner in life. I think Joe will be a completely different type of husband. In Duggar terms, he has a "servant's heart," and I think he will make Kendra very happy.

They also seem really comfortable together physically. I think the honeymoon went well. :D Congrats to them!!

15 hours ago, jqlgoblue said:

For those commenting how young Kendra's mom looks, she is probably 38-40 years old. So not very old at all.

Christina is 38. Paul is 40.

I actually think Pastor Caldwell looks his age. He looks great, but if I didn't know, I'd guess late 30s, early 40s. Christina does look a lot younger. Especially in that 'congrats' video. She could pass for late 20s, easily.

I think Josh saw Anna as someone who would stroke his ego, and think he is the greatest person in the world.  Who would do what ever he wanted like moving to Washington DC for a job he was not qualified for. Who would stay with even no matter what because she know it would look good if she left him. 

I missed the 'congrats' video and am trying to track that down. Maybe b/c I'm in my 30's I often see people in their late 30's or early 40's who look "young", especially where I live. Maybe they don't look 25, but they certainly look '30-ish'. Sleep, water, make-up and style can do a lot!

22 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

100% agreeing with @QuiverFullofBooks 

I was bone tired during mine (I may have been sitting on the floor in a coat alcove eating goldfish crackers towards the end) but it was super helpful. It gave the officiant a chance to give us a run down of the vows etc and we were able to work out moving around on the platform (we had the church register to sign and a unity canvas on opposite ends) more importantly it gave us a chance to make sure everyone knew what was happening. I had my dad walk me down the aisle but I left him at the front pew and went the rest of the way myself. If we hadn't rehearsed I think that might have thrown the officiant for a loop. 

I can see it not always being necessary especially if you had a really small bridal party or a less traditional ceremony. But for us it was a huge help. 

On wedding day food- After the ceremony and pictures us and our bridal party went to burger king because we had an hour or so before the reception. It was the best life choice. 

I have never really heard of of any wedding rehearsals here in The Netherlands. Is this an American thing? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

12 minutes ago, Timetraveler said:

I have never really heard of of any wedding rehearsals here in The Netherlands. Is this an American thing? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Yeah we don't do that here, it's an American thing. 

I can barely imagine affording a wedding in the first place, let alone a rehearsal on top. But then my idea of a big wedding is 75 people and a small gathering in a kitted out barn afterwards so I don't think I'm the target market for them. (Plus almost nobody I know is particularly religious so it'll just be a matter of dotting the i's on the legal stuff for difficulty, and my parents can tell me how to do that.)

here in Aus you almost always have a rehearsal.  I had probably a 20min thing were we all quickly reviewed what was happening on the next day and then quickly got into all of the  setting up for the wedding.  We do it all ourselves. My Mum's cousin is a florist and so I was with her explaining how I wanted the bouqets done... etc etc etc... cray cray...

I got married in Australia 25 years ago. The bridal party had a rehearsal but there was no rehearsal dinner. 

No rehearsal when I was bridesmaid for an out of town wedding 28 years ago, but I was very glad we had one when I was bridesmaid in a Greek orthodox church. We had to walk three circles and it was all in Greek so I didn't have a clue what was going on.  Nor did the bride, so it was lucky we'd had that rehearsal!! 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived