IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, praying4u said:

Note their outfits in the first screenshot. In the second screenshot (from Lawson's video), Whitney is wearing the exact same outfit but with a skirt instead of jeans. In the third screenshot, Bradley is wearing the same outfit and you can see the UPtv cameraman filming at the base of the tree.

Oh these people.....

I actually don't think that's Whitney in the first shot, looks like it could be maybe Katie. Whit is wearing a dark colored vest in the second two pictures, but the woman in the first picture is wearing all lighter colors on top.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I actually don't think that's Whitney in the first shot, looks like it could be maybe Katie. Whit is wearing a dark colored vest in the second two pictures, but the woman in the first picture is wearing all lighter colors on top.

Sorry, the images posted in reverse order.

Picture #1 is now Lawson running, Katie carrying Bradley, and the UPtv cameraman. Things to note in #1: Bradley is wearing the same outfit (further confirmation that it is the same day), and they are being filmed.

Picture #2 is now Lawson starting to run with Whitney sitting in the background. Things to note in #2: Whitney is wearing the exact same outfit (further confirmation that it is the same day) EXCEPT the only difference is she is now wearing a skirt.

Picture #3 is now the Zack and Whitney family picture. Things to note in #3: Whitney and Bradley are wearing the same outfits as when they were being filmed EXCEPT Whitney is now wearing jeans off-camera.

43 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Sorry, I know those screenshots are confusing. This may be easier.

Whitney is seen in pants here: 

Whitney is seen sitting in the background when Lawson first starts running wearing the exact same outfit but with a skirt instead of pants (note the cameramen and Bradley is also in the same outfit): 

7 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Pulled from Trace's IG story.  

What are they going to be doing in NYC? 

Oy, nothing spells out the fact that Carlin is too young to be thinking about marriage better than that photo of her carrying around her teddy bear.

For people who are supposed to know about trees, they were pretty dumb to have him climb that tree branch. The branch looked mostly dead and was shaking way too much. He is very lucky it didn't break, it could have seriously injured him. 

I grew up roaming the woods and climbing trees and was taught young how to check branches to make sure they are safe to climb on. 

every time they have an announcement, I always hope it's for a Michael/Brandon pregnancy or adoption.  I really feel for her not being able to have children.  It seems like a cruel joke that someone who wants kids so badly, can't seem to have them herself...

I bet the announcement is just a boring official release of the wedding date. Or just general chit chat about the wedding. 

Aside from the FB comment reply they have never publically released the wedding date to their “fans.”

The livestream mostly focused on Tori and Bobby's wedding/Lawson's upcoming charity show.

• Lawson is filming a new music video
  • Nathan is still teaching in TX
  • The wedding is Dec. 16th at 4PM
  • It's going to be a winter wonderland theme with the colors being light purple, white and silver. Kelly has been doing most of the planning.
  • The bride and groom has 10 people each in their respective parties
  • Tori will have a maid of honor (Carlin) and a matron of honor (Erin)
  • Bobby's best man is Kelton, since he introduced them to each other.
  • New season starts Jan. 4 (Thursday)
  • Lots of droning on about Lawson's music career. He sings a new song called 'Back to Christmas'.
  • Tori is tutoring at a school in addition to going to school. She implies that she will get into social media soon.

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

Thanks for taking one for the team @llg1234, especially considering it seems like it was a bit of a snoozefest as far as announcements go!

I'm pretty drunk and I was cooking dinner. Plus, the stream only lasted around 15 min. Any more Lawson time, I would have quit watching, though.

Kelly said Tori was tutoring at both a public school and a Christian school. I was a little surprised by that, not that it's any big deal.

I really just hope some of these 2nd generational-mega family-home school fundies enroll their children in public school. Again, I know it wouldn't indicate an automatic change of beliefs (as several hateful bigots were in public school), but it could at least offer the opportunity to learn outside of a Christian patriarchal lens.

Trace posted a series of videos from the “Crown Mission NYC.” Currently they are caroling and probably proselytizing to unsuspecting passerby’s.

What possible mission work do they need to do in NYC? Also SO MANY BLACK SKIRTS.

46D35A28-F01A-40BA-A22D-3097C8E2C01A.png

Even though the Bates really didn't have much to report, I do think it is nice that they did the Facebook live update for their followers and viewers.  The Dugs would never do such a thing.  

I think its positive that there wasn't a pregnancy announcement as well.  At least they think other life events are important too, not just engagements and babies.  (Although Tori's wedding was spoken of.)  

Can someone tell me where in TX and what in TX Nathan is teaching?  Is it flying?  I thought he was in Missouri or some state like that.  Pretty amazing that he has left the home and the state of the family for a J O B.  Wasn't he the main son that helped Gil with the tree jobs?  Wonder if some of the younger sons are helping with that or if Gil even still does that.  

I bet the long black skirt is the uniform for the choir.  Glad that Trace and Carlin were able to participate in the "field trip" with their college.  

On 11/26/2017 at 9:03 PM, llg1234 said:

Kelton spent Thanksgiving with the Bateseses in SC. Josie looks great, he looks.. like a tool how he usually looks.

Reveal hidden contents

This bro is about to rival Doug Phillips (is a tool) in the wide stance department. 

On 11/28/2017 at 3:35 AM, llg1234 said:

The Bates boys (plus boyfriends/husbands) built a barn this weekend.

Looks like a lot of Lawson's vanity is rubbing off on Trace. He used to be the "goofy one" (imo) with his colorful outfits etc. Now it's all about posing for social media :my_sad: But I do have to say, he's grow into his good looks.

More of Carlin and Trace in NYC with Clown's choir

In front of the Rockefeller Center, ~spreading the word~

Spoiler

At the Statue of Liberty

Spoiler

Spoiler

giphy_(2).gif.d3bf510f653ac51c4834fd2bfe709564.gif

why are they singing on the steps of St. Patrick's Cathedral? Get away from us heathen Catholics! I'm a lapsed Catholic and no longer very religious, though still spiritual, but St. Patrick's will also be such a special place to me. Growing up, I always wanted to get married there, but decided I didn't know enough people to fill it ;) But go away, Bates and clown college choir

I’ve seen a lot of talk about whether or not this generation of Bates kids are buying used & saving the difference. As far as Carlin goes, here’s your answer- no.

Spoiler

5C9AD42B-C8D4-48C9-9CB3-7520B45255BB.thumb.jpeg.46d80294807e9bbe330cb8066267cd12.jpeg

Spoiler

A3A64524-7226-428C-AA9C-3FB2E5AF4AFA.thumb.jpeg.ebcef510a4dc58d2eac949466c29cd33.jpeg

Spoiler

239EBF1D-7806-4503-ABFB-CACB47BA8D66.thumb.jpeg.961c8b37c90a3e73c383aeee3a953738.jpeg

These are from different photos regarding different outfits. Carlin is shopping at the mall y’all, probably because #jesuslovesthemall.

I think public school would be a stretch for the Bates' grandkids, but a parochial school could be a possible STEPPING STONE!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!!! (I say that because we snark a lot about stepping stones, but i would actually be very happy if some of these 2nd/3rd generation fundie children attended a private Christian school. Imagine how much better off the Rod kids would be at St. Jesus' Washed in the Blood Academy vs at Jill's nonexistent SOTDRT)

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived