IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

On 04/11/2017 at 12:45 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

I feel like Erin and Michaella would be clutching their pearls over normal bathing suits while all the other bates kids would drop modesty swim as soon as they're out the door.

I would be very surprised to see Tori in non modest swimwear or pants, especially since it seems Bobby will be “working” at Gil’s church.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, Carm_88 said:

Pst Fundie Zoolander, Justin Trudeau did it better! :P 

trudeau.jpg

what DOESN'T he do better??

22 hours ago, lilith said:

I would be very surprised to see Tori in non modest swimwear or pants, especially since it seems Bobby will be “working” at Gil’s church.

I forgot about Bori....again. lol

I wonder where they were going. They're all pretty dressed up. Except Kelly, who looks like she just came inside from tending her garden. (As if. That'd be work. :pb_lol:)

The  up tv press release I posted said the new season would feature "possible babies". It also said "New relationships. I think they'll be more announcements from the Bates before the new season.

Is the Bori wedding this weekend? Trace has this on his insta story with the "B+T" letters - could be rehearsal dinner? Or perhaps a wedding shower.

Spoiler

IMG_1103.thumb.PNG.bd212d5a0f3a580680e2fddfb3a6608b.PNG

My guess is a shower but I could be wrong. The wedding is supposed to be in December but it's possible it got moved up. Supposedly though there is a rule at Crown that students can't get married during the semester but I'm sure that for fundie royalty like the Bateses exceptions could be made.

totally random but just had this realization - but if any of you American fundie-snarkers watch Dancing With The Stars, I think Josie looks soooooo much like Witney Carson, one of the pros. I think it's the smile and facial features and curly/wavy hair haha. 

Spoiler

a picture in case anyone cares to compare lolimage.png.10bd20f51006fa8fc1887f71944f4996.png

25 minutes ago, Oh_Dear! said:
kelton posted a selfie with Josie. Gotta say it..... EYEBROWS!!!

His or Josie's?

I'm guessing there was a BuB promo shoot for the new season recently. Josie's classmate (?) at Clown posted these pictures of Tori, Carlin, Josie and Katie.

And just of Josie:

Spoiler

Also, Becky M. made a REALLY creepy comment on the first post

@becky_m2001 Lovely ladies! I wish Kelton would unblock me so I can follow his and Josie's relationship! She's an amazing girl and I wish them well!! <3 @josbates @thebatesfam @keltonbalka

1 hour ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm calling it. Josie and Kelton are courting.

Either that or, like Carlin and Evan, forcing Gil into a position where he has to agree to a courtship.

But I suspect the professional photo shoot last month  of Tori, Carlin, Josie and their assorted beaus was to commemorate three Bates girls courting before Tori and Bobby became engaged.

6 hours ago, singsingsing said:

His or Josie's?

His!

sorry to sound petty and mean, but those things are huge! can’t stop thinking of caterpillars.... sorry, but that’s super mean and petty. I fail...

6 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Reveal hidden contents

she commented on a pic Carlin posted of the 2 couples on a double date that she didn’t like the Kelton/Josie pairing, and she expects him to not block her? Lol

i just hope she doesn’t comment “please unblock” me in every single effing picture like she does with Laura DeMasie 

Josie is really gorgeous. I'm incredibly creeped out by Becky though ... Does she have a backstory? I've heard her name a lot

22 hours ago, Mela99 said:

Josie is really gorgeous. I'm incredibly creeped out by Becky though ... Does she have a backstory? I've heard her name a lot

I don’t have much idea of her backstory but I do find her everywhere... she follows a lot of fundies, is on fb, Twitter, Instagram

i’ve noticed that she comments on every picture as if she knows the person which is super creepy

I mentioned the Laura DeMasie story bc I found her twitter and every time she tweets something Becky asks if she can follow her on Instagram... laura has never responded :my_biggrin:

23 hours ago, Mela99 said:

We've discussed her on various threads before. She's quite easy to find via social media--she lives in Pennsylvania, luckily hours away from most people she stalks. She totally creeps me out--I bet she has a wall full of photos of all the people she stalks. If anyone would actually steal a Duggar/Bates baby out of a stroller when folks weren't looking, its Becky M

On 11/11/2017 at 11:43 PM, llg1234 said:

I'm guessing there was a BuB promo shoot for the new season recently.

I saw this one one of the Bateseseses Instagram stories. There was a massive family picture with all the kids, their spouses, and the grandchildren. 

Bobby was included. Evan was not.

(I'm sure it's because engagement/not, but still, thinking of Carlin having a drama queen moment at her hottieeeeee not being allowed in a family picture.... :pb_lol:).

38 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I saw this one one of the Bateseseses Instagram stories. There was a massive family picture with all the kids, their spouses, and the grandchildren. 

Bobby was included. Evan was not.

(I'm sure it's because engagement/not, but still, thinking of Carlin having a drama queen moment at her hottieeeeee not being allowed in a family picture.... :pb_lol:).

I saw that as well. I didn't spot John and Alyssa either, but I'm guessing they're either busy or not featured heavily this season.

From what little we've seen of Evan, part of me thinks that Gil isn't the biggest fan of him. It could just be me looking for drama, but he's never come across as nearly as enthusiastic about him when compared to the other guys his daughters have married/courted. 

On 12.11.2017 at 5:43 AM, llg1234 said:

I'm guessing there was a BuB promo shoot for the new season recently. Josie's classmate (?) at Clown posted these pictures of Tori, Carlin, Josie and Katie.

And just of Josie:

Hide contents

I've got serious eyebrow envy when I look at Tori.

I might be the only one here to prefer natural eyebrows on men, yes even if the natural one is a uni-brow. I don't have a problem with uni-brows on women either but they do complicate looking feminine so if that is important to someone I can see how they complicate things. 

I think its been obvious that John doesn't particularly like camera time. He does it, a little bit, but Alyssa is more camera comfortable.  I bet the Websters are on as much as they ever were.  I don't think the Bates are arguing like the Duggars currently are. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived