IGNORED

Bates 22: Courting, Marrying, and Trying to not Look Fundie

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I was always  told that he was born in the spring. I thought that was a pretty common understanding. 

I've always gotten push back on that. lol

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bible doesn't say when Christ was born. However, I don't think it's wrong to celebrate His birth on Christmas Day. My parents and grandparents celebrated Christmas anyway (tree, gifts, food, Christmas music, etc). We just didn't go to church because our church (Church of Christ) didn't hold Christmas services or celebrate any Christian holiday. Again, the Bible doesn't give dates. For me, any day that Christ is remembered or celebrated is a good thing to do as a Christian, and I don't argue with those that believe differently.

2 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

The Bible doesn't say when Christ was born. However, I don't think it's wrong to celebrate His birth on Christmas Day. My parents and grandparents celebrated Christmas anyway (tree, gifts, food, Christmas music, etc). We just didn't go to church because our church (Church of Christ) didn't hold Christmas services or celebrate any Christian holiday. Again, the Bible doesn't give dates. For me, any day that Christ is remembered or celebrated is a good thing to do as a Christian, and I don't argue with those that believe differently.

Former church of Christ person here. I'm sorry you were raised in that mess also. Did you go to a "sound/ anti" or "liberal" one? :)

It was in between the two. The church did support missionaries and institutions, but on a small scale, usually local. Women did not preach, teach, or have positions of authority. They could teach young children.

At home what was taught by the church wasn't really practiced. My sister and I were allowed to be normal kids without all the restrictions. So, my experience was very different than most.

On 12/19/2017 at 9:19 PM, lumpentheologie said:

7) The new season will be longer than previous seasons.

That's sad, since most of their "seasons" had less than 15 minutes of actual interesting material. How much more filler and fluff can they fit in? They already air each episode at least three times: the original airing, a second time with additional commentary from different family members from the couch, and a third time with "fan" input from social media. Of course this doesn't include "specials" like rehashing of births, engagements, etc.

I've been having periodic bouts of insomnia, maybe the new season of BUB will help...   ;-)

20 minutes ago, anaandrade said:

Off topic, but does anyone know Evan's and Kelton's full names and birthdays?

Evan P Stewart - 24 August 1995 (Does someone know the P name?)

Kelton Edward Balka - 4 July 1995

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Evan P Stewart - 24 August 1995 (Does someone know the P name?)

Kelton Edward Balka - 4 July 1995

Thanks. Wow, they're not that much older than me. Only a couple of months.

If somehow the P stands for Patrick I'll die 

Who wants to speculate? I totally agree that Carlin and Evan are looking at being married by this summer.  And since the show is hard core promo-ing Josie/ Kelton, their courtship is up next.  But who after?  The show needs marriage and babies the same way the Duggars do. There is nothing to watch if they don't.  So the babies keep coming but who is the next courtship after Josie?  Pure speculation but I think Nathan or Trace.  Lawson is too self involved.  Katie? She seems so young but maybe she isn't that much younger than Josie!

Katie is 17, I wouldn't be surprised if she has or soon will have a special friend.  If Katie's the next one to court. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. The next oldest Bates daughter would be Addallee who's 11. They'll have to start marrying off their sons.

44 minutes ago, JordynDarby5 said:

Katie is 17, I wouldn't be surprised if she has or soon will have a special friend.  If Katie's the next one to court. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. The next oldest Bates daughter would be Addallee who's 11. They'll have to start marrying off their sons.

Very true. I've been wondering this for both families, how some haven't even courted while their younger siblings have. I've decided not to think much of it until they reach 30. I'm guessing that by the end of the decade, all the kids up to Katie will at least be courting if not married. That leaves Lawson, Nathan, Trace, and Katie to find someone. For the Duggars, I'm going with everyone up to the twins. That leaves Jana, John David, Josiah, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah. I doubt all of them will be courting or married by 2020, but that's what I'm keeping my eye on for now. I do find it interesting that it's mostly the boys who are single. Any guesses as to why that is?

And my guesses for who is going to start courting is Nathan for the Bateses with a small chance that it's Trace. For the Duggars, I think Jana with a small chance it's JD. I know people have been saying she's next for years, but she's pretty and I'm sure there's plenty of fundie guys that like her. It's bound to happen soon. Plus, neither of these families stay stagnant and quiet for long. As soon as you think things have calmed down, boom, they make some sort of announcement.

5 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

Who wants to speculate? I totally agree that Carlin and Evan are looking at being married by this summer.  And since the show is hard core promo-ing Josie/ Kelton, their courtship is up next.  But who after?  The show needs marriage and babies the same way the Duggars do. There is nothing to watch if they don't.  So the babies keep coming but who is the next courtship after Josie?  Pure speculation but I think Nathan or Trace.  Lawson is too self involved.  Katie? She seems so young but maybe she isn't that much younger than Josie!

I gave this way too much thought Friday because I got stuck in a long, boring meeting. I agree that Lawson seems to be in no hurry, a combination of being self-involved but also into his career and enjoying new experiences (and honestly, good for him on that). Katie is 17, and those Bates girls don't last long on the market. 

My bets for next to be married are

1. Carlin (married spring/summer 2018)

2. Josie (married late 2018)

3. Trace (early 2019)

4. Nathan (2020)

5. Katie (2020)

6. Lawson (I think in his late twenties he'll start getting more pressure from his parents, so 2021)

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I gave this way too much thought Friday because I got stuck in a long, boring meeting. I agree that Lawson seems to be in no hurry, a combination of being self-involved but also into his career and enjoying new experiences (and honestly, good for him on that). Katie is 17, and those Bates girls don't last long on the market. 

3. Trace (early 2019)

4. Nathan (2020)

5. Katie (2020)

6. Lawson (I think in his late twenties he'll start getting more pressure from his parents, so 2021)

I think this list is exactly what will happen.  

This list entirely.  

Oh, and apparently the Bates and Duggars are in the Bahamas together.  http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2017/12/duggars-and-bates-in-bahamas.html 

21 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

3. Trace (early 2019)

4. Nathan (2020)

5. Katie (2020)

My guesses are:

Carlin - summer 2018 (July specifically)

Josie - spring 2019 (March or April)

Trace - late summer 2019 (August or early September)

Lawson - early 2020 (February or March)

Katie - summer 2020 ( July or August)

Nathan - fall/early winter 2020 (late November/early December)

I'll probably be wrong LOL :)

51 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Pucker.

Kidding...I hope.

I was going to say Poser, since he likes to pose, just like his future BIL, Lawson.

They won't show Nathan in another relationship until he's engaged. I don't think they want to show another breakup. It's bad for their image

I didn't realize Kelton was the same age as Evan.  Not that Fundie Zoolander is a paragon of maturity, but Kelton looks like he's 17.  Maybe I've just had more time to get used to it with Evan. 

It feels like there is always one couple  engaged, one courting, one boyfriend/girlfriend, and one in an undisclosed special friends stage. So my bet is Carlin is on the road to engagement and that is why we will find out about Josie‘s courtship soon.

@nausicaa your list makes a lot of sense to me too. I can definitely see it happen in that order.

My guess is that it'll be faster than expected. 

Carlin and Evan are likely getting or just got engaged. Married Spring '18. 

Josie is likely getting closer much faster.  They'll announce the courtship and engagement close together. Likely wedding summer or fall of '18. 

I think end of the show's season we'll here about Nathans courtship. He'll already be engaged but they'll talk about the courting stage, married late fall or winter of '18/19 which will start the next season.  I'll be amazed if there isn't 3-4 weddings by Tori's first anniversary. It feels like they're likely at same fast moving point Duggars were last year. Lots of young adults marrying quick and moving out. 

Josie looks really beautiful! They look good together. Is it time for Josie/Kelton topic now that her instagram is publici and they seem to go official very slon? :D

They look nice, but wow, Josie looks so young. She looks like she should be sitting in grade 11 math class or organizing the church teen group's bake sale or something. Kelton looks like the kind of guy more comfortable wearing a polo shirt and carrying a tiki torch.

I think Nathan will surprise you all. I just have this feeling he's going to come out of left field with a girlfriend and it will move fast. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived