IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing that was shocking to me the other day was in the double date episode Bobby, Evan, and Kelton discussed that they were all the same age (22). I really would have pegged Bobby as at least a couple of years older than the other two. Kelton seems younger even than Evan (like when Alyssa made a snarky comment about Kelton and Josie when they met up for her birthday, he turned around and said "vibe-killer" or similar to her. It seemed very teenagery).

Lawson and Nathan went to In N Out Burger and had a photo shoot. Not sure I agree with his hashtag, even if a lot of people haven't had In N Out, it still has a pretty good reputation in the US.

9 hours ago, llg1234 said:

Lawson and Nathan went to In N Out Burger and had a photo shoot. Not sure I agree with his hashtag, even if a lot of people haven't had In N Out, it still has a pretty good reputation in the US.

I agree with you, that is a strange hashtag considering people rave about that place. I’ve seen celebrity chefs post about it.

I just can't imagine what it would be like to be so into myself that I needed someone to take smouldering pictures of me with my hamburger before I ate it. 

2 hours ago, MarieMarie88 said:

He has 4 pictures posing with a hamburger. Wtf. 

And one day he’ll have a quiverfull of photos featuring his wife and their eleventy children all staring adoringly at Lawson as he smoulders at his hamburger. 

3 hours ago, MarieMarie88 said:

He has 4 pictures posing with a hamburger. Wtf. 

Maybe he wants to ask it to court?

I wonder if he's trying to become a spokesmodel for In-N-Out. Maybe he'll write a song about their burgers.

I've been lying here on my couch for an hour, trying to decide what to eat and who is going to cook it for me (and I live alone so the answer is pretty much a given), and those burgers/fries look.so.good.

I'm wondering if the hashtag is meant to be ironic?

And I'm wondering who is taking the photo! Who was phone?

+1 to wanting that burger and fries. Pregnancy makes easily influenced by the food choices of others. If I sees it, I think I need to eats it. I've been thinking about a burger since Lawson posted about it and last night I had a dream about eating one. However, I'm not sure that was his intention with the picture. I think I'm supposed to be salivating over Lawson, but alas, I just want to steal his food. 

16 hours ago, SamiKatz said:

And I'm wondering who is taking the photo! Who was phone?

I often wonder what poor sibling or friend is pressured to take pictures of Lawson pouting, flexing or jumping. And do they roll their eyes the whole time?

In what world is In-N-Out underrated? They're practically a tourist destination when you go to the West Coast. :pb_lol: 

Seriously, who takes these pictures? How many does he take before he gets the shots that are "just right?" I mean really. And the comments are nauseating.

On 2/23/2018 at 2:33 PM, llg1234 said:

Personally I think it's overrated. Maybe it's because when I was moving west everyone I knew from California wouldn't stop raving about it.  I mean, it's really good for a fast food cheeseburger. But it's still a fast food cheeseburger. 

Also Shake Shack > In N Out
#sorryNotSorry

The pictures with the car are an all time low cliche for me.  He needs to stop.  And he's dragging Nathan down with him.  Lawson, this isn't People's World's Sexiest Man  er, fundie, shoot, nor it is a Calvin Klein ad with too many clothes.  Just stop.  

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Personally I think it's overrated. Maybe it's because when I was moving west everyone I knew from California wouldn't stop raving about it.  I mean, it's really good for a fast food cheeseburger. But it's still a fast food cheeseburger. 

Also Shake Shack > In N Out
#sorryNotSorry

LA FINALLY has a Shake Shack, but I have yet to go.

Maybe they said it was underrated because they're so out of the secular loop...
LOL

They need to remind us of these things, you know.

37 minutes ago, JMO said:

The pictures with the car are an all time low cliche for me.  He needs to stop.  And he's dragging Nathan down with him.  Lawson, this isn't People's World's Sexiest Man  er, fundie, shoot, nor it is a Calvin Klein ad with too many clothes.  Just stop.  

I may have damaged my vision from how hard I rolled my eyes at his latest "photo shoot".

It is so extremely off-putting for anyone who exhibits this sort of narcissism/self-promotion (don't try and pretend it's for your album dude, this has nothing to do with your music, you are promoting a fancy car and yourself jumping on it like a complete idiot) , but when someone who professes to humble themselves before Jesus, and life motto is: focus on following/walking the Lord every day and your life will work out just fine! and on and on and on......it's unbelievably hypocritical (!).

I know we have (including myself) discussed his age here recently, and this post is just another example of his glaring immaturity, narrow scope of the world and how others perceive him (he's gorgeous and handsome and talented and everyone loves him....ummm no)

Damn he looks like such a fool all the time. One of the things I appreciate about Zach, is that he is ALWAYS cutting Lawson down to size any chance he gets, soooo good.

49 minutes ago, JMO said:

Alternative-fundy-universe Lowrider Magazine pose. 

Lawson should just create a "12 Months of Lawson" pinup calendar for the fundy maidens.

:pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:

I actually think he's shooting himself in the foot at this point. Really fundie families that ARE all about modesty will not approve of him. And NOT fundie women wouldn't actually want him either. So now he's stuck with fundie daughters like Nurie, who may be lovely but come with MILs like Jill. SHUDDER.

(And InNOut is totally overrated. I prefer 5 Guys. Or just Burger King. And I'm in CA.)

7 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

:pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes::pb_rollseyes:

I actually think he's shooting himself in the foot at this point. Really fundie families that ARE all about modesty will not approve of him. And NOT fundie women wouldn't actually want him either. So now he's stuck with fundie daughters like Nurie, who may be lovely but come with MILs like Jill. SHUDDER.

(And InNOut is totally overrated. I prefer 5 Guys. Or just Burger King. And I'm in CA.)

Totes agree.
I commented on that stupid post he made about how people should pray for his future wife because she hasn't found him yet :pb_rollseyes: (!), about how off-putting such a lack of humility and modesty is in a grown man who claims to "walk with the LORD".
I got a bunch of backlash from his adoring children fans and people saying "hey he's just kidding! quit being so meannnnnnnnn!!"

Nothing I didn't expect. But out of all of those kids/young women/ full on fundie COUGARS commenting on his posts, not ONE pious Christian fan is going to mention anything?
Really, not one person? I find that odd. Every.single.person just thinks it's SOOOOOO funny and he's so cute and hilarious?! I find that hard to believe.

I imagine there are many fundie girls in their circles of friends/relatives giving him disapproving looks when he is being attention seeking, loud and tiresome.

Gil (and Zach!) really need to sit him down for a chat , I mean DUDE, quit while you're ahead, because that music career of yours isn't that popular or successful, and the more you go around looking like a preening douchebag,  those guys who sing and play with Emily Annnnnnnnn and Sadie Robertson and alllll those other ladies/guys who are enjoying quite successful careers, will continue to pass you over, or do it because they feel sorry for you.

Keep riding the wave Lawson, it won't last buddy. Can't be Peter Pan in real life.

Lawson's "pray for his future wife because she hasn't found him yet" also totally goes against his ATI upbringing.  Fundy maidens do not go about FINDING husbands. The Lord picks out a husband for them, and guides that guy to daddy to inquire after her (wholly intact with no pieces missing) heart. Fundy maidens just sit in their towers and pray. No husband hunting allowed.

Is it possible that Lawson, who seems to do nothing but preen all day, deletes negative social media comments so quickly that they are barely noticed?

Also, maybe Nathan really does have a honey again, and Lawson is jealous and super-thirsty because of it?

I was just wondering, do we know how tall all the Bates are? I have to admit, I do find Lawson to be somewhat attractive, he looks a bit like my boyfriend, actually. But I'm a tall girl, so if he is not that tall, I can go back to not finding any of the Duggar or Bates men attractive, which would make me feel a little more comfortable. :D (Now Chad and Bobby are a differend story... Off to the prayer closet I go)  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived