IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

On 1/29/2018 at 3:52 PM, CTRLZero said:

We were walking around a well-to-do area outside Nashville, when we saw a street named after Forrest (on the corner of Robert E. Lee Drive, adjacent to Jefferson Davis Drive, in the area of Confederate Drive).  

I have close (and very liberal) friends who live on that Jeff Davis Drive- yes, it pains me to even write that address on a holiday card. I think they just say Jeff Davis, as do I. 

So, how far would Nathan would able to fly on this middle east missioncation? His plane isn't big enough to cross the Atlantic? Is he licensed to fly bigger planes?

It will be a bit ironic if, in spite of all the bluster about various Bates and Duggars having a "heart for missions", quiet  unassuming Nathan ends up being the only kid working as a full time missionary.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So, how far would Nathan would able to fly on this middle east missioncation? His plane isn't big enough to cross the Atlantic? Is he licensed to fly bigger planes?

No, Nathan is only licensed on single-engine planes (commercial license, instrument certified, and flight instructor license).

Nathan is not licensed as a dental assistant, hygienist or dentist in Tennessee. He was licensed as an EMT from July 2011 to August 2015 but that has expired. 

23 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder if Nathan would like to go into the medical field but for whatever reason just doesn't go to school for it. 

I always had a feeling that Nathan is interesting in a lot of stuff, but just doesn't have the drive to really get into college and get a degree. Back when he was younger he wanted to go into ministry which would be totally doable at Crown. But for now he is stuck with his father's tree business and flying.

1 hour ago, miss_batson said:

It seems on the way home they stopped in London and got pitcures on London Eye. :my_biggrin::pb_mrgreen:

I also feel a shiver down my spine when fundies come to Europe. It just too close to home. Imagine doing a minitrip to London and running into Lawson. I would be mesmerized, but not necessarily in a good way.

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

I always had a feeling that Nathan is interesting in a lot of stuff, but just doesn't have the drive to really get into college and get a degree.

Didn't Kelly want Nathan to go to Clown and he wouldn't? I get the impression he wants to go do all this stuff(like dental work) without having to first do all the hard work to become properly trained. 

Lawson loves his jumping pictures. I"m just surprised he didn't take one in the Middle East. 

I'm confused by Lawson's timeline. He was in London on Feb. 1, and a few hours before he posted that "The past few weeks we’ve been in the Middle East, working to bring better medical and emergency care to refugees and IDP’s (Internally Displaced Persons.)"

But on Jan. 21 he posted from Nashville, TN, and had several postings from all over Tennessee in the days before.

So, the earliest he could have arrived in the"Middle East" was late on January 22, and by Feb. 1 he was in London on the way home.

A week and a half, max, doesn't equal "the past few weeks" in my mind, but your mileage may differ.

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

A week and a half, max, doesn't equal "the past few weeks" in my mind, but your mileage may differ.

I'm almost willing to just letting him have this one. Mission trips can be draining (physically and emotionally) and time can drag on. It all depends on what is being done. If he's doing it to talk about it in a "look how long I spent serving these people" kind of way than it would irk me because he would be deceptive.

Ok...the butt shot is cracking me up. HOWWWWWWW can that possibly adhere to modesty standards? That's like JillRod pimping out Nurie in clothing up to her neck but her assets in prominent view. I feel that super conservative fundie fathers would not approve of Lawson's fame-whoring vain ways, and "normal" women don't want anything to do with him...so his only chance is someone fundie light. Someone who can talk the talk but but doesn't want to actually live in a secluded umbrella of protection. 

I also think Lawson is trying to use his religion/lifestyle to increase his fame, but doesn't REALLLLLLLY care in the way Michael does. My best wish for him is that he finds a maiden from a fundie-light family who also wants to get the hell out...and then they do. Publicly. All over instagram. Please Rufus!!!!!

10 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Ok...the butt shot is cracking me up. HOWWWWWWW can that possibly adhere to modesty standards?

Well his mother was the one posting pictures of her sons in mud drenched clothing that left little to the imagination. For the Bates modesty seems to be girls only. 

People like Jill Rod would toss their daughters at Lawson. 

I think Lawson probably does believe all the religious right racist bullshit the rest of the family does, but I don't see him being a big believer in the IBLP lifestyle. He will probably want a SAHW who homeschools the kids and takes pictures of him while he jumps. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

He will probably want a SAHW who homeschools the kids and takes pictures of him while he jumps. 

First of all I snort laughed at this. Second of all she will also have to take pictures of him smoldering at the camera.

Lawson is fundie Flynn Raider.

ABB3C38B-BCA4-4CD8-94F2-5B920BE18DAD.jpeg

4 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Color me shocked that this is a Lawson quote:

(From Evan’s sister’s IG)

8CC31803-BD06-4407-89FC-453392F54CC4.jpeg

How very very Christian. What a douchebag.

People need to comment on his feed with assorted Bible verses about arrogance and pride. Like this:

Romans 12:3 - For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

Isaiah 2:12 

For the day of the Lord of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:

And of course, the most famous one:

Proverbs 16:18

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

On 1/29/2018 at 2:52 PM, CTRLZero said:

We were walking around a well-to-do area outside Nashville, when we saw a street named after Forrest (on the corner of Robert E. Lee Drive, adjacent to Jefferson Davis Drive, in the area of Confederate Drive).  I guess I shouldn't be surprised that these names still exist, but I would find it too difficult to own a house on such a named street.  Gwen Shamblin's church of the holy hungry is just down the way from this neighborhood.

You’re talking about Forest Hills. It is very affluent. And very white. 

Nashville has a very strong undercurrent of racism though it’s not as blatant as you’ll find in East TN or among whites in other Southern cities. 

Yeah.

This is the real Lawson, the one he doesn't post on social media.
Thanks Evan's sister for (however indirectly) calling him out!!!

Shut up dude, i'm sure Daddy preached it at you enough, PRIDE GOETH BEFORE THE FALL.
Comments like this make me glad he is still single, and some poor fundie girl hasn't YET been coerced into putting up with the posing, and all his other fucking nonsense!

It also illuminates how immature he is, emotionally, mentally. What he supposedly said is something I remember 15, 16 year old boys in high school blurting out. He is a 25 year old man.
He needs to be taken down a peg or two. By the LORD (aka a really intense sermon from Gil)

9 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I want to mimic another, and say thank goodness Lawson is not married. I truly feel sorry for anyone who gets stuck with him.

Nah, that depends. He just needs to find the Kim to his Kanye :lol:

2 hours ago, Marly said:

He just needs to find the Kim to his Kanye :lol:

We need to set him up with Miss Raquel. Their instagram pictures would be amazing, they could sing together and she could use his fame to help market her book of sentences. 

Yeah I think the facepalm emoji was right for this tweet. :pb_rollseyes: Lawson’s got all the girls lusting after him in the comment section, which was exactly the reaction he wanted and is the reason he posted this on both twitter and instagram.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived