IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, DillyDally said:

The thing is, he isn't even giving off the impression that he WANTS to get married (at least not imo), so what a stupid post :pb_rollseyes:

Oh, but he does want the ladies lusting after him, though.

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Oh, but he does want the ladies lusting after him, though.

I think he is the sort of person, especially growing up with the Christian manchild hypermasculinity and all that nonsense, he seems to "over perform" at every opportunity, particularly around other guys/men who he may see as superior or feel emasculated by.
Fame and the UP show have encouraged this behavior, but I feel like with him the tendency was always there, it just lay dormant until he was allowed to (actually be a young adult at what 22?) and go to Nashville alone to record an album, have a Twitter/Instagram, make silly music videos, hang out with Christian pretty girls like Sadie Robertson, and generally get fawned over and adored by a mass of girl fans telling him how great he is. So it's all been just bursting out of him the past 3 years or so, after all those years of stunted growth and maturation.
We'll never know if he was always going to turn out like this, even if he had a different upbringing/more freedoms, but it comes back to the same old thing where it's just another example of how Gil and Kelly have failed their older kids, in particular.

And even now, flying around the world with Nathan "saving" people and children and feeding the hungry while posing and pouting #whitesaviorcomplex , it's reached a new level of attention seeking, everything is for the attention/praise/adoration it will bring him after. Reinforcing his shameless behavior.

And to keep it balanced and "right with the Lord" :pb_rollseyes: he can just post a Bible verse or a little sermon/rant about his extremely narrow and prejudiced view of the world, from his bunkbed at Mommy and Daddy's house in Rocky Top and feel like no matter how boastful, arrogant, self-serving, attention-seeking, prideful, obnoxious and ignorant he appears, he is ALL good with his supporters because at the end of the day: "i know i'm not perfect, but I know One who is!" and they will all agree. AMEN AMEN AMEN.

.....give me strength.

34 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Just an FYI: Lawson will be 26 in July. Not quite so young anymore.

I agree, I just meant that he began doing all this stuff 3-4 years ago, as a guesstimate. 

@Feministe9000 and that's why I don't think he will get married soon. He's enjoying this single life way too much. He basically has it made with only one drawback (no sex). As long as he stays single, fundie girls can flirt and fawn all over him. If he was a married man with a baby on the way, all that flirting would be inappropriate. So would constant traveling around. He has it made. Why would he mess things up with a marriage and a litter of kids?

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why would he mess things up with a marriage and a litter of kids?

This phrasing made me laugh.  It's too true but I still giggled.  I wonder if he would take quite so many pictures of him with his own kids if he had a passel.  The first one would probably get a bunch, since he has to show what a loving and devoted father he is.  But once he gets 3 kids under 3, would we still see the endless baby shots?  

4 hours ago, JMO said:

But once he gets 3 kids under 3, would we still see the endless baby shots?  

And once he has a litter of small children, would his wife look at him in adoration when he tells her to come take a picture of him jumping/smoldering? 

2 hours ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

Lawson mentioned in last nights BUB live chat (with Evan and Ethan) that h has someone in mind to court.

Poor girl.

On 2/13/2018 at 9:54 PM, JillyO said:

Just an FYI: Lawson will be 26 in July. Not quite so young anymore.

Yeah, this is nuts. Some of the Bates kidults are so immature for their actual age. Not all of them! But Lawson, holy crap. And Carlin. Yikes! At least Carlin is only, what, 20? Lawson has far less of an excuse. Don't get me wrong, I don't expect people in their 20s to be perfectly mature and serious and never say or do anything dumb or childish, but with them it seems extreme. Carlin (and her bf Evan) act more like 15-year-olds. Lawson is maybe hovering around the 17-21 range. I think the Bateses were far stricter in the past and they've loosened up a bit now, and being on TV has gone to some of their heads - so I think some of them are kind of losing it right now. Totally drunk on (relative) fame and freedom. And soon to marry and begin producing baby after baby. Scary.

3 hours ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

Lawson mentioned in last nights BUB live chat (with Evan and Ethan) that h has someone in mind to court.

Like he (probably) had Jinger in mind? :pb_lol: 

3 hours ago, Englandgirl2491 said:

Who is Ethan?

On 2/16/2018 at 6:31 AM, Englandgirl2491 said:

Is someone feeling the pressure to grow up? Didn't someone, once upon a time, say Zach hinted at his immaturity? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Is someone feeling the pressure to grow up? Didn't someone, once upon a time, say Zach hinted at his immaturity? Or is that just wishful thinking on my part?

I thought some of his sisters have hinted that he isn't mature enough to marry.

On 2/16/2018 at 6:31 AM, Englandgirl2491 said:

I think it's his horse

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I thought some of his sisters have hinted that he isn't mature enough to marry.

Ironic considering the level of maturity we've seen from some of his sisters. Carlin is the picture of maturity. So was Tori during the proposal.  

I think it's his horse

I think your right. Did we ever find out the name of his horse? 

While I agree with you @JordynDarby5 I think that Carlin's and Tori's immaturity is less and issue than Lawson's. In their cult it is all about male leadership and that needs a certain level of maturity.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived