IGNORED

Lawson Bates 2

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, Chocolatecheesecake said:

I was just wondering, do we know how tall all the Bates are? I have to admit, I do find Lawson to be somewhat attractive, he looks a bit like my boyfriend, actually. But I'm a tall girl, so if he is not that tall, I can go back to not finding any of the Duggar or Bates men attractive, which would make me feel a little more comfortable. :D (Now Chad and Bobby are a differend story... Off to the prayer closet I go)  

They’re all pretty short iirc

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked there's no height spreadsheet. 

Do you ever look at a guy's dad and think, "well, that's his future, so...y/n/maybe?" I don't mean Gil isn't reasonably all right for a man my age, in those terms, if not others, but if you're half that age, and floating in the shallow end of the pool with thoughts of Christian-sexy Lawson floating alongside you, it could come to mind.

My first boyfriend from >35 years ago looks just like his father and then some, and also apparently acts quite a bit like he did, though back when we were teenagers, he was determined never to be like him...

Story about nothing but kind of the thing, will come to a point eventually: Last night, my youngest son, who is 19 and considered good to look at by his work peers and others, sent me some texts with his hair and beard aspirations. They were Jake Gyllenhal, Kurt Russell, Henry Cavill, Chris Evans. Well, he's got curly hair, so I sent back a bunch of pictures of Tom Hiddleston. He protested the hairline. I said, that's yours in 20 years. He said, that's kind of actually me in 20 years, and it's pretty good, but not the perfect I aspire to. (We were in the same room texting each other, btw.)

Later, he told me he asked his sister who her celebrity cheat on her boyfriend would be and she said Olivia Wilde. I said, if I had someone to cheat on, it'd be Mark Strong. He said, no, because Hiddleston first came to mind, and I said, no, I just didn't share Strong because you'd complain he's bald. And he said, no one would find that attractive, and I said, oh, I do beg to differ. The hair is not the thing at all, though certainly lovely to still have.

But it is very much a thing when you are 19, of course, and also when you are a young woman who fawns over the likes of Lawson Bates, for sure. Only someday Lawson might be a short square dad with thinning hair just like his dad, and he needs to start right now cultivating more obvious adjunct qualities, or none of these girls' fathers will let him near their purity princess until it's too late.

According to IG pictures and stories Nate and Lawson were in the Philippines last week being dental assistants/posing with cute kids. There's a picture of them with John David as well but he's in an Alert shirt and that one may have been taken in the US. 

Here are the aforementioned pictures. What the actual FUCK. Nathan, you are not a dental hygenist. STOP PLAYING ONE ON TV!

It also honestly bothers me which pictures he is posting.  Maybe all the parents know that he has an internet following and that he is planning on posting pictures of their kids, sometimes in the hospital or getting dental work done, on the internet.  Maybe not.  I wouldn't want pictures of my kid having dental work done all over IG or of my sick baby being plastered on the internet for some fundie jackass to crow about his heart for missions.  

What in the name of Rufus qualifies either of these two goofs to be dental hygienists? At least where I'm from, Dental Hygiene is a three year college program. Does Crown College have a Dental Hygiene program? Did Nathan attend it for three years and get his diploma? I don't think so. The hubris of these people in amazing. Jesus does not magically confer dentistry skills upon you because you happen to be a white male Republican.

Ugh these images piss me off. “Look at me I saved BROWN people.”

It’s admirable that they, unlike the Duggar men, provided some aid after the hurricane but this shameless promotion of Lawson saving brown children is so disgusting. He’s exploring these kids for his own self promotion and to remind us he’s some white fucking savior.

ETA: I just read the caption and see this was in the Philippines. My statements still stand except now it’s worse because what was he even doing there? What business do he and Nathan have performing dental work and photographing sick children? 

9 hours ago, singsingsing said:

What in the name of Rufus qualifies either of these two goofs to be dental hygienists? At least where I'm from, Dental Hygiene is a three year college program. Does Crown College have a Dental Hygiene program? Did Nathan attend it for three years and get his diploma? I don't think so. The hubris of these people in amazing. Jesus does not magically confer dentistry skills upon you because you happen to be a white male Republican.

While I don't disagree with your statements, in fact support them.  I went down a small rabbit-hole on google and found the requirements to become a registered dental assistant in Tennessee.  It seems shockingly simple.  You can also get specializations with only a few hours/days of class.  In Texas you can preform quite a few services without needing any certification/qualifications and again only a few hours of study is needed to qualify for many other areas.

Tennessee:
To become a Registered Dental Assistant candidates will need to meet the following requirements:

1. Obtain two letters of recommendation from licensed dental professionals that attest to the candidate’s good moral character

2. Obtain a CPR certification through any of the following courses:

1. Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider course
  2. CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
  3. Equivalent course that includes a skills exam on a manikin

3. Have proof of graduation from high school or a GED program

4. Be legally permitted to work in the United States

Than you can become certified in a specialization two of which require less than 2 days (16 hours) of study.

Texas:

Dental assistants are permitted to perform the following activities without meeting state-mandated education or certification requirements:

Application of fluoride varnish

Interim treatment of a minor dental emergency to an existing patient, if this is authorized by the dentist beforehand in writing

Acts or procedures that are reversible

Acts that are part of a tooth-whitening process

Acts that do not specifically require a certificate or registration

I really doubt that Lawson has dental certificate. It has never been mentioned.

Here are a couple more pictures from the trip: 

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Gah--what poor sibling has to be Lawson's official court photographer?

I believe those were from when they went to south Carolina and Evan took it. 

On 14.3.2018 at 2:06 PM, HereticHick said:

Gah--what poor sibling has to be Lawson's official court photographer?

On 14.3.2018 at 5:18 PM, Ivycoveredtower said:

I believe those were from when they went to south Carolina and Evan took it. 

No pity for Evan. These two are a match made in heaven. 

21 hours ago, ophelia said:

No pity for Evan. These two are a match made in heaven. 

Truly, they deserve each other

I hope Evan the supermodel also went on this Colorado ski trip boondoggle. I need to see what kind of apres-ski wear the fundy princelings are favoring this season.

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I hope Evan the supermodel also went on this Colorado ski trip boondoggle. I need to see what kind of apres-ski wear the fundy princelings are favoring this season.

This + his Insta story point to him being in TN. :sad-pacing:

I actually think his story was pretty funny. Clearly tongue-in-cheek. I would much rather see this than zoolander faces and "You're so hot" comments to nice family pictures. (Are fundies even allowed to say "hot?" lol)

1 hour ago, neurogirl said:

(Are fundies even allowed to say "hot?" lol)

I'm pretty sure Carvan already have, haha! If you want more modern-talking fundy snarking goodness, check out the Robertses and Campanas (S'Morton hangers-on).

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived