IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

I love Frances for the next royal tot, but also figure it will be a boy so... I'm not a fan of Francis for a boy.

Also love the name Eleanor, but can't imagine their using it because of the tv series The Royals. Btw--if you've not watched The Royals, it's not a bad show. :)

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Markie said:

Michael, after Kate's dad, would be fine for a boy. Carole is somewhat close to Charlotte but would work nicely for one of the middle names. All of Kate's grandparents have passed away. Not sure if she was close to any of them. She lost both her grandmas within two months in 2006. 

Both my grandmothers died in 2006 also.  One in June and one in December.

Eleanor is a beautiful name, one of my favourite names in fact, and I think Princess Eleanor would be lovely. But for some reason it's not considered one of the top contenders.

I think Alice is the top contender because it was Prince Philip's mother's name, and as far as I know none of the royals so far have been named after her (I'm probably wrong, though - I can't keep track of all these people). But from what I understand, she had a lot of issues - not her fault, but it might be a bit much to saddle a kid with as a namesake, you know?

49 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

It's lucky I'm not royal because if I was and had a daughter - she would 100% be called Princess Aurora!

And I'm not even a Disney fan.

Princess Martha Louise of Norway named her daughter after Princess Leia. She does spell it Leah. 

Well, thanks guys for explaining why Anna didn't look at the pregnancy test herself. I can understand her being nervous. My mind just went to darker explanations, haha.

48 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think Alice is the top contender because it was Prince Philip's mother's name, and as far as I know none of the royals so far have been named after her (I'm probably wrong, though - I can't keep track of all these people). But from what I understand, she had a lot of issues - not her fault, but it might be a bit much to saddle a kid with as a namesake, you know?

Yeah, Princess Alice did have her issues. Although, Philip's father wasn't exactly a paragon of virtue and Andrew got his name from him. I just don't know if it's a touchy subject overall because of her mental health issues. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

Can they use Geoffrey or does it sound too much like GoT character? :pb_lol:

Actually, probably something like Frederick, Nicholas and Ernest for boys, and Alice, Frances and Eleanor for girls. 

If they picked Frederick for a second son, they'd have a Fred & George :pb_lol:. I like Nicholas for a little prince. Nicholas William Edward something or another fancy and royal sounding....lol. 

For a girl I could the Cambridges using Margaret or Anne as middle names. the Princess Royal has Alice as a middle name so it can't be terribly taboo. I LOVE the name Eleanor haha. Kate's grandmothers were Valerie and Dorothy, neither of which are particularly "royal family" sounding but could be used. 

There have been Princes in the past named George, and George IV daughter was Princess Charlotte.  I don't think you will get a maverick name for baby 3.

Alice is in the running - Queen Victoria had an Alice.  Mary, I would see as a middle name.  For boys, Henry middle perhaps. James middle perhaps  It's nice that the Duchess has relatives, but their names arent' libel to be used it they don't cut the mustard.

9 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

There have been Princes in the past named George, and George IV daughter was Princess Charlotte.  I don't think you will get a maverick name for baby 3.

Alice is in the running - Queen Victoria had an Alice.  Mary, I would see as a middle name.  For boys, Henry middle perhaps. James middle perhaps  It's nice that the Duchess has relatives, but their names arent' libel to be used it they don't cut the mustard.

I'm not sure if it would make a difference either but William has a cousin named James, Prince Edward's son. 

Obviously they won't do anything unpredictable, but I hope they do a stupid word splice of their names. Like Willtherine or Callium. 

Years ago I worked with the most unbearable guy who was super proud of the name he and his wife made up for their daughter. They loved both Lacey and Elle so went with Ellace (pronounced eh-lace). Their last name also had a lot off L's so together the name sounded really ridiculous.

I think it's gonna be a girl. My guess is Princess Mary or Princess Alice as well, perhaps they'll use Caroline as a nod to Kate's mom in one of her middle names. If it is a boy (I don't think so), I can see a Prince Albert in there.

Girl possibilities: Alice Caroline Victoria Amelia Phillipa Frances

Boy possibilities: Phillip Victor Albert Charles Francis William

Ahhh, yay!  Forget waiting for M5 to arrive, let's talk about Royal baby #3.  I love love love the British royal family.

If it's a girl, I'd love to see a nod to Queen Victoria in there.  She's my pet Royal.  Lol.  (Her and Elizabeth of York, Henry the 8th's mother).

I really don't have any opinions on a boy name.  I'm sure they'll continue to go traditional regardless of the gender.

9 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

I just saw this announced! haha I love following the Royal Family, I have no idea why. I'm guessing baby#3 will show up around 4/15-25 of 2018. I want them to have a girl! Though, name-wise, not sure what they'll go with. George of course has all strong traditional British male names but none from his direct lineage, while Charlotte has the two obvious female namesakes. 

George - name chosen by his great-great-grandfather, King George VI, when he was crowned King.

Alexander - likely for his great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth Alexandra Mary.

Louis - For his father, Prince William Arthur Philip Louis, and for Lord Louis Mountbatten, uncle of the Duke of Edinburgh (Prince Philip.)

Whatever the sex, they are pretty much guaranteed to stick with a typical royal name. I'd say the best bets are looking at their close family members' names, as each name they've used for George and Charlotte have been found in their families. I doubt they'll reuse any of the names they've already chosen though. So, my best guesses, are that the following names could pop up somewhere:

Henry

David

Albert

Philip

Charles

Arthur

Edward

Andrew

James

Francis/Frances

Mary

Catherine

Margaret

Alice

Anne

Victoria

First name is likely to be one that isn't in current use by a major royal. I bolded those (hopefully I remembered them all.)

I would say James and Albert could be good contenders for a boy - James is the first name of Catherine's brother and Albert was the first name of George VI - , while Alice or Margaret could be good for a girl- Alice is a middle name of Princess Anne and Margaret was the Queen's sister. I'd bet good money that a daughter would have the middle name of Mary, in honor of the Queen, as George and Charlotte both have names that honor the Queen.

So, in case we're taking actual bets:

Princess Alice Mary Catherine

Prince Albert Philip James

(Watch me be so, so wrong on this. :pb_lol:)

ETA: I picked Philip as the first middle name for a boy because they've honored the Queen with both childrens' first middle names (Alexander and Elizabeth.) I don't know if there's a masculine version of Mary, so I went with the first name of the Queen's husband instead. 

Alice is one of Princess Anne's names, she's Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise. But I'm sure they can use it again. They used Elizabeth with Charlotte. Mary could be in there since it's one of the Queen's names. 

Maybe if it's a boy they'll include Charles in there somewhere. 

Elizabeth is also Catherine and Catherine's mother's middle name. 

Charlotte is Pippa's middle name. 

Louis is one of William's middle names.

so they don't seem to mind using names that are already used in the immediate family. The first name is what they want to be a little more unique to the child it seems. But middle names can be reused no problem. Probably because royals don't really have last names. They can make up their own last name by saying it's Windsor. But it's not technically their last name. So it is kind of like a last name in a way if it's a family name. 

My 2 cents on the BRF thread drift - how about Camilla for a girl (insert evil laugh here) that'd cause an uproar.

I'm afraid this might delay any wedding plans Harry & Meghan might have been making (or Eugenie & Jack) until after the birth, so early summer is the earliest that we can hope for an American biracial member of the British Royal family.

14 minutes ago, sndral said:

I'm afraid this might delay any wedding plans Harry & Meghan might have been making (or Eugenie & Jack) until after the birth, so early summer is the earliest that we can hope for an American biracial member of the British Royal family.

I want Harry and Meghan to get married so badly!!!! And hopefully soon-ish, so they can have children if they want to. Harry is my favorite Royal.  Do you think they'll get engaged soon? E!News thinks they will. 

Super quick Royal Baby predictions because I'm bored...

James Arthur William
Alice Catherine Mary

I see a direct homage to a parent coming with the next kid, regardless of sex.

I think Harry didn't announce during the run up and event of the 20th anniversary of Diana's death. And now wth the announcement of Baby #3.....maybe he will wait a month or so. All we really need is the engagement for the fun to start. And so they will have to carefully schedule everything. 

Ooh yay! Other people who care about the Royal Family! Although, honestly, the name is the most interesting part for me.

Girl: Alice Margaret Victoria (I really hope they use Alice, and I'll be surprised if Victoria isn't in there somewhere.)

Boy: Not so sure. I hope James is the first name. Maybe James Edward Arthur? James Henry David? Too many possibilities!

It's so exciting to see a pregnancy that isn't for a Duggar or another funny family! Who doesn't love the royal babies?

I am going to guess that William and Kate have another girl, and I'm thinking Alice Mary Catherine for the name.

ETA: If I'm wrong about the sex and they have another boy, I would guess that he would be named Edward Henry Phillip.

I do think it'd be hilarious if they had a boy and "Spencer" showed up somewhere in the name. the Cambridges are much to graceful for that, but heads would roll if Diana got a double-tribute amongst their kids and proper royals didn't get their due haha 

I saw this thread was hot and thought maybe M5 was finally here... nope. It's all about the royal baby. :pb_lol:

I'm guessing boy, April 30th. Arthur James Philip. If it's a girl, Alice Mary Victoria. 

I so want them to choose something other than Alice, but the last two times they've gone with the top contender, so...

(Eleanor Mary Victoria would be my favourite somewhat plausible option, but I don't think Eleanor is even in the running. For a boy, I actually really do like Arthur James Philip.)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived