IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Berty K said:

Ohh :( my guess was actually very close to this - Eleanor Victoria Alice. 

Why will it most likely not be Eleanor? Not a "royal name"? I'm not sure of all the rules. 

For a boy, I'd love to see Arthur used. Arthur James Albert. 

Eleanor of Aquitane, a Queen a very long time ago - mom to among other Richard the Lion Heart.

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

This is actually a common misconception.  snip ... The speculation that Charles might take a different name generally comes from the fact that the previous King Charleses don't have the greatest reputation.

Neither does this one!  And he's not King yet!

52 minutes ago, Greendoor said:

Eleanor of Aquitane, a Queen a very long time ago - mom to among other Richard the Lion Heart.

And in the thirteenth century Eleanor of Castile who married Edward I.

We had a competition at work - I guessed Charlotte's entire name in the right order! 

And in their wedding guessing competition I got 8 out of 10 right (things like her hairstyle, colour of bridesmaids dresses, her dress style etc).

But I got nothing right for George when he was born, except that he would be a boy. 

33 minutes ago, sndral said:

And in the thirteenth century Eleanor of Castile who married Edward I.

I forgot Eleanor of Provence, another 13th century English Queen.

19 minutes ago, adidas said:

I'm putting in Alice and Arthur as my early guesses. Totally subject to change.

My favorites...... Alice or Alexandra for a girl, Arthur or Albert for a boy...... And he/she will be so cute !!!!

Britain: I think Alice Victoria Frances for a girl, and a for boy Arthur Michael Edward. I think it's a boy, but hope it's a girl. 

Sweden: For a girl Josephine Silvia Alice and for a boy William Carl Erik. I think it's a girl, and I think the child will be Duke/Duchess of Småland. 

I come from a long line of anti-royalists so I'm sure Mum and Dad are telepathically glaring at me right now... but, I really want a Victoria for a girl and maybe even Albert for a boy. I like both those names. If they want to be more hip and current with their naming conventions (as if they ever would be) they could go for Ines and Noah which are getting pretty popular in the naming charts...

And, as much as I dislike the fact we have a royal family, I hope she doesn't suffer too badly with the sickness. Bad pregnancies must suck and I'd hate for any woman to have to go through that repeatedly.

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

Sweden: For a girl Josephine Silvia Alice and for a boy William Carl Erik. I think it's a girl, and I think the child will be Duke/Duchess of Småland. 

Is it terrible my first thought was "Of course they'd rule the IKEA playarea!"?

8 hours ago, Markie said:

My picks for the little Royal baby are: Prince John Michael Phillip or Princess Victoria Carole Anne

Decided to include some names from both families. 

John is a taboo name for the royals going back to King Richard's brother John and Diana wanted to name one of the boys John apparently and was told no. Queen Elizabeth's father, King George VI had a brother named John who died at the age 13 and her grandfather had a son John that died shortly after birth

17 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

There are two royal babies due. One in Sweden, and one in Britain. 

Prince Gabriel Carl Walther of Sweden, Duke of Dalecarlia was born last thursday. 

Such a looooong name for a baby. lol

I didn't realize we had moved on to royal baby names and was going to be all "You guys, none of these start with M!" :pb_lol:

8 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Yes, that's exactly what happens. Andrew is way down the line of succession down. It goes Charles, then William, then George, then Charlotte, then Harry (Royal Baby #3 will kick Harry down to 6th in line once he/she is born).

Thank you, @singsingsing!  Charles reportedly had no feelings for Diana but he sure did royal-watchers a favor, agreeing to marry bringing in some new and better genetics. 

I have total disregard for the twerp and his wife. But I think that's coming through. Heh.

ETA my thoughts on baby names:

....oh never mind. I was gonna suggest some real unroyal, teen-parents names, but the jokes write themselves. They don't need the 'bug. ;-D

I can see Arthur Philip Louis James for a boy. For a girl, Alice Victoria Mary Catherine (The last two sound like a nun so I'm not sure but something like that.) 

I highly doubt they will reuse any names they've already used for their children. That rules out:

- George

- Alexander/Alexandra

- Louis/Louise/Louisa

- Charlotte/Charles

- Elizabeth

- Diana

I also doubt the baby will be given a first name currently used by a close family member/major royal (could use these for a middle name though.) So that also rules out:

- Philip/Phillipa 

- Edward

- Andrew

- Henry

- Michael (Catherine's father)

- James (Catherine's brother)

- Anne

- Carole (Catherine's mother)

They will likely stick with names found in the British royal family (families) as thats what they've done before and what seems to be traditional. Names that don't appear to have "good" reputations attached to them because of past royals likely are out too:

- Richard

- John 

(Those are the only two I can think of, but there may be more.)

I'm conflicted about whether they'd use Philip for a boy. I know Prince Philip is in poor health, but I don't know if there's a closeness between William and Philip, especially with all the stories (who knows if they're true, but I tend to believe they could be) about the way he treated Diana - even though there had initially been a fondness between them.

This still makes me so sad:  She lost the style HRH in the divorce (at Charles's insistence), but William promised to restore it to here when he became king. Source:  https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/324259-princess-diana-talking-to-prince-william-about-the-loss-of

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

I'm always rooting for "Boudica" and am always disappointed. : )

My in-laws have a dog named Boudica. lol

I'll add my two cents to the royal baby name. I got close with Charlotte's name when she was born. 

For a prince I like: Frederick or Arthur with Phillip and Henry as middle names

For a princess: Victoria or Amelia. Middle names: Mary, Alice, Catherine, Margaret 

If we can't have Boudicca, what about some good Anglo  Saxon names? Ethelfleda or Frideswide for a girl, Hereward or Beowulf for a boy....and we once had a King called Harthacanute....Danish, but a name that definitely needs reviving!

There was also a Queen denied her throne in the 12th century, Matilda, another that deserves a comeback. But it always makes me think of Roald Dahl!

(She was ousted by her cousin Stephen, a name never used since in the Royal family.)

How about Ælfgyva, possibly the younger sister of Harold II and star of the mysterious sex scandal depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry? 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived