IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

So, I know everyone's talking about when the baby will be born, but I thought I'd toss this out there: I have seen maybe two clips from Umpteen Kids and Counting, and one was when Josh and Anna found out she was pregnant with Mackynzie. The weird thing to me was that Josh was the one who looked at the pregnancy test and told Anna she was pregnant. I don't have any context for that. Is that some sort of weird patriarchy thing or what? I couldn't imagine letting my husband inform me that I was pregnant. I thought Josh would've wanted to pee on the stick for Anna if he could've. (Actually, sometimes I think some fundie husbands would want to carry the pregnancies themselves, no matter how important they think gender differences are, just so there would be one more thing they were in charge of.) Also, Anna could NOT stop looking at the camera the entire time she was expressing her surprise and excitement, but that's a separate issue. :)

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Corntree said:

So, I know everyone's talking about when the baby will be born, but I thought I'd toss this out there: I have seen maybe two clips from Umpteen Kids and Counting, and one was when Josh and Anna found out she was pregnant with Mackynzie. The weird thing to me was that Josh was the one who looked at the pregnancy test and told Anna she was pregnant. I don't have any context for that. Is that some sort of weird patriarchy thing or what? I couldn't imagine letting my husband inform me that I was pregnant. I thought Josh would've wanted to pee on the stick for Anna if he could've. (Actually, sometimes I think some fundie husbands would want to carry the pregnancies themselves, no matter how important they think gender differences are, just so there would be one more thing they were in charge of.) Also, Anna could NOT stop looking at the camera the entire time she was expressing her surprise and excitement, but that's a separate issue. :)

if I remember correctly Anna had him look because she had looked at so many pregnancy tests until that point and they were all negative and then she'd be upset. 

1 hour ago, JordynDarby5 said:

if I remember correctly Anna had him look because she had looked at so many pregnancy tests until that point and they were all negative and then she'd be upset. 

I remember that. And that's absurd, because Anna got pregnant about 4 months into her marriage. How many pregnancy tests did she take? 

11 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I remember that. And that's absurd, because Anna got pregnant about 4 months into her marriage. How many pregnancy tests did she take? 

Probably everytime she had sex. I don't think she was very educated about how things worked

20 minutes ago, AlwaysExcited said:

8 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Probably everytime she had sex. I don't think she was very educated about how things worked

I thought the same thing and wondered the same thing. It only took four months into marriage and Anna had already taken so many. Did she not know how it worked? 

Well if you start testing half a week before your period is due that's 3-4 tests (say 4), so 4 months of it is 16. That's still a lot and I can understand the toll of it. I KNEW I was pregnant a week before my period was due on the last 4 pregnancies but only test(ed) positive at 4w1d, which sucks, so I get it. 

4 hours ago, Corntree said:

I have seen maybe two clips from Umpteen Kids and Counting, and one was when Josh and Anna found out she was pregnant with Mackynzie. The weird thing to me was that Josh was the one who looked at the pregnancy test and told Anna she was pregnant. I don't have any context for that. Is that some sort of weird patriarchy thing or what?

Also, Anna could NOT stop looking at the camera the entire time she was expressing her surprise and excitement, but that's a separate issue. :)

Yes, the way I remember it, Anna peed on the stick, told Josh to check it in a few minutes, then she left to go run some errands.  By the time she got back Josh had assembled a film crew to immortalize the moment.  

She probably knew the minute she saw the crew how the test turned out, but if that had happened with the third or fourth pregnancy I could see Josh assembling the crew to watch the gripping moment she realized she wasn't pregnant after all.  Then she could cry and he could act like he cared.

I think the whole idea of Josh telling Anna about the pregnancy was his idea from the start. He was the first of the Duggar children to branch out his own family on TLC and was probably very eager to create "special moments" on camera hoping that it would make them a living.

TLC actually did film a scene once where Anna took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I think that was between Marcus and Meredith when she was absolutely desperate to get pregnant again and Josh was clearly NOT feeling it. 

Yes, the first pregnancy 'reveal' definitely could have been staged, and if so I'm sure it was Josh's idea.

I didn't hear about the false pregnancy test that came later.  Did you get the impression that Anna really didn't know the result before hand?  Did Josh pretend to care?

26 minutes ago, Flossie said:

I didn't hear about the false pregnancy test that came later.  Did you get the impression that Anna really didn't know the result before hand?  Did Josh pretend to care?

I'm honestly not sure. She seemed disappointed but like she was taking it in stride. I think she said something like, "Oh well, maybe next time." (I don't think those were her exact words, but it was a similar sentiment)

Josh? I don't know if he was even pretending to care at that point. I think he just shrugged. It's kind of interesting to look back on because obviously none of us knew what was coming but it was so blatantly obvious for so long that the guy was absolutely miserable.

I remember the negative test. They were on the road with the camper I believe. I think they were staying at her sister's and she took the test and came back to the bedroom and told him it was negative.  They also filmed the one that was positive for Meredith when they all woke him up and he seemed unphased. 

ETA I think the positive might have been at her sister's? 

7 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I'll guess around 100, an average of one for each day she didn't have her period.  No, I don't give these folks much credit for intelligence.

4 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Didn't Anna take a pregnancy test in China ?  

I think she did and it was negative, then when they got back she took another one and it was positive. That must have been for Marcus.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I think she did and it was negative, then when they got back she took another one and it was positive. That must have been for Marcus.

Yes it was for Marcus.  

I swear I remember one in the DC house, but I can't remember if it was positive or negative. (I think it was negative.) It was in their bedroom, and the reason I remember it is because people made a big deal over the fact that they had a large television, which featured prominently. 

2 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I swear I remember one in the DC house, but I can't remember if it was positive or negative. (I think it was negative.) It was in their bedroom, and the reason I remember it is because people made a big deal over the fact that they had a large television, which featured prominently. 

I think that was for Meredith before the scandals broke. Anna was ecstatic, Josh was not

48 minutes ago, Yaoichan12 said:

I think that was for Meredith before the scandals broke. Anna was ecstatic, Josh was not

I think it was at Jessa's wedding. She was so happy and he looked pissed. Although he was sleeping and she did wake him up to tell him. 

Spoiler

M Kid Number 5 Birth Pool

Names:

Andrew Matthew- lexiloumarie

Gabriel- Mela99

Gabriel Matthew- shock928 (wildcard)

James Alexander Malcolm Mackynzie- AuntCloud

James Robert “Little Jim Bob”- Mela99

Luke Seventeenfour- TuringMachine

Macavity- Palimpsest

Maccabee Joshua- Lurker

Machiah- aprilx(2)

Machias- Lizzybet

Machiavelli- onekidanddone

Macklin- justmy2cents

Macon- IReallyAmHopewell(4)

Madison Ashley-  Glasgowghril, twoanddone

Maddox- ihaveanexamintwodays, flycat

Maddox Joshua- snickerz

Magruder- Georgiana

Major Joshua- Nice Pair

Makepeace-Snarkangel Gabriel

Malachi- singsingsing, clueless, mango_fandango, bananabread, aprilx, IReallyAmHopewell(2), Dr. Fundie Stalker

Malachi Daniel- WiseGirl

Malachi Joshua- MayMay1123

Malachi Judah- GoddessOfVictory

Malachi Nathaniel- eveandadam

Malachi Robert- Dogalog

Malakai Joshua- Million Children for Jesus (1)

Malcolm- ihaveaneamintwodays, Gillyweed

Malcolm Garrett- Taylurker

Malcolm Joshua- SassyPants

Malcolm Reynolds- tabitha2 (You can’t take the sky from him! :D )

Manahethites- Knight of Ni

Manasseh Joshua- hollyandivy

Mannis- MadeItOut(1)

Manuel Christopher- freshlemonade

Mark- TeamDeFraudinSquad

Mark David- PainfullyAware

Mark Isaiah- tsukinokawa

Marmaduke JimBob- SapphireSlytherin

Marshall Joshua- Berty K

Martin- singsingsing (wildcard), VelociRapture(3), albanuadh_1(2)

Martin James- Markie, Melissa1977

Martin Luther the King- WhoompThereItIs

Martin Robert- Kelsey (2)

Marvin- Greendoor

Martyn- MadeItOut(2)

Martyn Luther- meee

Mason- Markie(3), ihaveanexamintwodays, singsingsing, VelociRapture (1), nickelodeon, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, IReallyAmHopewell(3)

Mason Alexander- Pinkdrink

Mason Daniel- Rachel333

Mason James- Berta McGee

Mason Joshua- pook, Jatalie1996 JDuggs          

Mason Robert- Kelsey, HRM1216 (2), mysteriablue

Mathias Joshua- wikinggirl, Ding Dong Duggar

Mathias Robert- Nefernandes15

Mathius Joshua- Indigo

Matthias- KelseyAnn

Matthias Daniel- tabitha2

Matthew- Markie(2), singsingsing, HarleyQuinn, albanuadh_1(1), JordynDarby5, Daisy0322, frugalitymom, AlwaysExcited, TeamDefraudinSquad(2), IReallyAmHopewell (1), JMO, ihaveanexamintwodays, GnomeCat, sorchah

Matthew Aaron- Nashville92

Matthew Adam- Karam

Matthew Andrew- lexiloumarie

Matthew Asher- Chewing Gum

Matthew Caleb- Million Children For Jesus(1)

Matthew Christopher- VineHeart137

Matthew Daniel- Kimichaels147

Matthew David- VixenToast, FrozenSmile, singsingsing

Matthew Dobson- Dandruff

Matthew Hosea- The Wanderer

Matthew Ian- Kjaerringa

Matthew Isaac- Escadora

Matthew Isaiah- SorenaJ, anaandrade, sadiZ

Matthew Jacob- Sydney Fox

Matthew James- sadiZ, VeryNikeSeamstress, ChunkyBarbie, Kaylo

Matthew John- NewSeasonOfLife

Matthew Joseph- RhythmicSkater

Matthew Joshua- JermajestyDuggar, anjulibai, Glasgowghirl, jerkit, viii, HRM1216. TuringMachine, Phoenix, kachuu, albireo, Chicken bones, JPickleDuggar, CarrotCake, justmurrayed, ThunderRolls, breakfree, Dugg@rTime, Hollywood, ViolaSebastian, meee

Matthew Lazarus- gilora

Matthew Lee- RosyDaisy

Matthew Keller- purjolok84

Matthew Micah- ExposedKnees

Matthew Noah- Miggy

Matthew Paul- AlwaysExcited (1), JoyfulSel

Matthew Rene- purjolok84(1)

Matthew Robert- marmalade, VelociRapture, mango_fandango, adidas, season of life, AlwaysExcited(2)

Matthew Thomas- Fluffypaws

Matthew Zachary- Million Children For Jesus (3), Wenny

Maudlin Gene- sansan

Maurice Luke- Teacup

Maxon James- Chicken bones

Maverick- Honeysuckle

Max- onekidanddone

Max Joshua- snickerz

Maxwell Joshua- MotherOfDragons, Rowan, Cheetah

Maxwell Robert- Glasgowghirl  

McGonagall- SeekingAdventure

Mea Culpa- CinnaJen

Megatron- MadeItOut(3)

Melchizedek- Audrey2

Melvin Issac- itqitc

Mepibostheth- Audrey2

Mephistopheles Rufus- uber frau            

Mercury Fred- SeekingAdventure

Meriwether Forgiven- prayawaythefundie

Merrick John- Quiver Full of Kittens

Meshach- KnittingOwl

Messiah Joshua- Jane M., mstee

Metatron- MadeItOut(3 actually but I’m leaving Megatron because it tickles my funny bone! :P )

Methuselah- Audrey2

Micah- KelseyAnn (2), candygirl200413, Fluffy14

Micah Daniel- Jenn The Heathen

Micah Keller- Ms Lucy Fur

Micah Matthew- shock928

Micah Justice- SadieJane

Miles- singsingsing (wildcard), JoyJoy, Snarkle Motion

Miles Gabriel- Suz8710

Milo-  So-Virgin-It-Hurts

Mingus- TeddyBonkers

Mitchell- IREallyAmHopewell(5)

Mitchell Joshua- Kangaroo

Mitchell Robert- Gobsmacked

Mobert Mame- Pasta

Monroe Joshua- jegfile

Morgan Clement- habert

Morgan Freeman- dpndetfarm

Mortimer Chance- Hortense Peyrac

Mortimer Tobias- ChickenettiLuvr

Moses- Carm_88, VelociRapture (2), Georgiana

Moses James Robert- Lillybee

Moses John- BeccaGrim

Moses Joshua- pamplemousse

Moshe Joshua- OyToTheVey, Jaedzia,

Myles David- InTheNameOfRufus

Myles Joshua- TeaGrannie

Nathaniel Daniel- MissKnowItAll

Phoenix Robert- neurogirl

Robert- Bad Wolf

William Matthew- NeverBeenKissed

William Zachery- MissKnowItAll

Date:

July 19th- season of life

July 20th- AlwaysExcited

July 21st- Miggy

July 24th- NewSeasonOfLife

July 25th- eveandadam, hollyandivy

July 27th- Fluffypaws, jegfile

July 28th- Million Children For Jesus, CinnaJen

July 29th- Taylurker

July 30th- Quiver Full of Kittens, Chicken bones

July 31st- Vixen Toast, kachuu, Berta McGee

August 1st- The Wanderer, tabitha2, BeccaGrim

August 2nd- habert, adidas, Honeysuckle, ExposedKnees, SassyPants, flycat, sadiZ

August 3rd- Jatalie1996, MayMay112, OyToTheVey, GoddessOfVictory

August 4th- Kelsey, wikinggirl, ihaveanexamintwodays

August 5th- sadiZ, Hortense Peyrac, JoyJoy, meee

August 6th- JMO, SadieJane

Late Night August 5th/Early August 6th- VeryNikeSeamstress

Late Night August 6th/Early August 7th- MadeItOut

August 7th- Markie, freshlemonade, Daisy0322, WiseGirl, Jaedzia, Rowan

August 8th- JDuggs, Gobsmacked, viii, pook (2:11am), TuringMachine, candygirl200413, Sydney Fox, Ding Dong Duggar, Berty K, pamplemousse, Indigo, mstee

August 9th- aprilx, RosyDaisy, gilora

August 10th- anaandrade, Lurker, TeamDefraudinSquad, TeaGrannie, Pinkdrink, JPickleDuggar, Nashville92, hollywood

August 11th- JordynDarby5, Gillyweed, TeamDefraudinSquad, Jane M, Justmurrayed

August 12th- neurogirl, Kaylo, CarrotCake, Dugg@rTime, hollywood

August 13th- MissKnowItAll, Suz8710, praythefundieaway (at night during a mighty thunderstorm), VineHeart137, mysteriablue, JMO

August 14th- JermajestyDuggar, Lizzybet

August 15th- itqitc, So-Virgin-It-Hurts, albanuadh_1, SapphireSlytherin, Nice Pair

August 16th- HRM1216, Daisy0322, Palimpsest

August 17th- Bad Wolf

August 18th- dpndetfarm

August 19th- Rachel333, SorenaJ, ChunkyBarbie, uber frau, justmy2cents

August 20th- Phoenix

August 21st at 2am- KelseyAnn, Cheetah, Buzzard (2:20pm), snickerz

August 22nd- Carm_88

August 23rd- breakfree

August 24th- MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou

August 25th- InTheNameOfRufus

August 27th- tsukinokawa

August 28th- anjulibai, Snarkle Motion, candygirl200413, MadeItOut

August 29th- Mela99

September 1st- JoyfulSel, Nefernandes15

September 2nd- ThunderRolls, WhoompThereItIs(3:59pm)

September 3rd- Chewing Gum, singsingsing

September 4th- anaandrade

September 5th- frugalitymom, Jenn The Heathen, AlwaysExcited, The Wanderer

September 6th- Escardora, sorchah (morning), Markie

September 7th- VixenToast, ViolaSebastian

September 8th- FrozenSmile, TuringMachine, candygirl200413, meee, Sydney Fox

September 10th- SeekingAdventure, ihaveanexamintwodays

September 11th- Kjaerringa, HarleyQuinn, Nefernandes15

September 12th- VeryNikeSeamstress

September 13th- Kangaroo, JoyfulSel

September 14th- Carm_88, Kimichaels147

September 16th- Karma        

October 1st- SapphireSlytherin

Weight

6lbs 8oz- WhoompThereItIs

7lbs 3oz- viii, Wenny

7lbs 5oz- JoyfulSel

7lbs 6oz- OyToTheVey, mysteriablue

7lbs 7oz- MissKnowItAll, Jaedzia

7lbs 8oz- MadeItOut, WiseGirl, candygirl200413

7lbs 9oz- jerkit, pook

7lbs 10oz- InTheNameOfRufus

7lbs 12oz- Quiver Full of Kittens, Berta McGee, Pinkdrink

7lbs 14oz- freshlemonade, SadieJane

7lbs 15oz- Lizzybet

8lbs- JermajestyDuggar, habert, anaandrade, So-Virgin-It-Hurts, albanuadh_1, AlwaysExcited, Jane M., ihaveanexamintwodays, Nice Pair

8lbs 1 oz- Rachel33, MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, HRM1216, CinnaJen, JMO, meee

8lbs 2oz- adidas, Chewing Gum, flycat, hollywood

8lbs 3oz- Daisy0322, Jatalie1996, Gillyweed, Bad Wolf, Gobsmacked, MayMay1123, gilora, singsingsing

8 lbs 4oz- Sorenaj, The Wanderer, anjulibai, itqitc, VeryNikeSeamstress, RosyDaisy, Ding Dong Duggar, Kaylo, JPickleDuggar, Cheetah, Jenn The Heathen, ViolaSebastian

8lbs 5oz- Carm_88, aprilx, hollyandivy, jegfile, SassyPants

8lbs 6oz- NewSeasonOfLife, Suz8710, Kangaroo, ThunderRolls, FrozenSmile, justmy2cents

8lbs 7oz- dpndetfarm, Sydney Fox, breakfree

8lbs 8oz- JDuggs, ExposedKnees, TuringMachine, Fluffypaws, pamplemousse, uber frau, Dugg@rTime

8lbs 9oz- Taylurker, TeamDefraudinSquad, GoddessofVictory, TuringMachine

8lbs 10oz- Markie, Lurker, season of life, ChunkyBarbie, mstee

8lbs 11oz- Million Children For Jesus, Rowan

8lbs 12oz- Karma

8lbs 13oz- TeaGrannie

8lbs 14oz- Kimichaels147

8lbs 15oz- meee                                                       

9lbs 1oz- VixenToast, tabitha2, BeccaGrim

9lbs 2oz- PainfullyAware, snickerz

9lbs 6oz- Indigo

9lbs 9oz- sadiZ

8 pound range- KelseyAnn

9 pounds+ - Nashville92

Length

19 inches- MayTheWilberforceBeWithYou, gilora, Wenny

19.5 inches- sadiZ

20 inches- anaandrade, Jane M., ChunkyBarbie, ihaveanexamintwodays, Ding Dong Duggar, Pinkdrink, JPickleDuggar, BeccaGrim

20.5 inches- AlwaysExcited, HRM1216

21 inches- The Wanderer, Gobsmacked, Lurker, itqitc, viii, Taylurker, pook, Fluffypaws, Sydney Fox, SassyPants, Kaylo, SadieJane, ThunderRolls, mstee, mysteriablue, Nice Pair, JoyfulSel, Kimichaels147

21.5 inches- Million Children For Jesus, pamplemousse

22 inches- Daisy0322, Quiver Full of Kittens, VixenToast, Indigo, breakfree

23 inches- Nashville92

When They Will Announce

A week after he is born- Wenny

Within a Day- MadeItOut

A few days later- Nashville92, breakfree

When the new season starts- Kimichaels147

Birth Location

Birth location: on the toilet, at JoKen's wedding

Josh's location: Sitting in the pew, using Meredith to hide his face from TLC cameras

I was gone all day and I was sure that I would come back to a billion pages about M5. Nothing. :( 

16 hours ago, shiverful said:

I think the whole idea of Josh telling Anna about the pregnancy was his idea from the start. He was the first of the Duggar children to branch out his own family on TLC and was probably very eager to create "special moments" on camera hoping that it would make them a living.

If I remember correctly, on that episode that producer, Sean, Scott, whatever his name is, says that Josh  called them to bring a camera crew over for something and that Josh was pretty media savvy. 

I'd imagine a lot of tests. 

Some women start taking tests at ten days past ovulation (roughly) That could equal 16 tests over the period of 4 months that she didn't get pregnant. That's based on a normal person too. She could have been peeing on everything the day after they mated. Or taking multiple tests a day. Especially if you base that on the fact Jill couldn't wait to go to the store to get a test, she had to take it from Michelle's drawer. 

14 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I'll guess around 100, an average of one for each day she didn't have her period.  No, I don't give these folks much credit for intelligence.

A Day in the Life of a Married Duggar Woman: Wake up, get up, grab the pregnancy test, pee. Lather, rinse, repeat daily until the test shows you are pregnant. How depressing.

1 hour ago, HuggleMonster said:

Especially if you base that on the fact Jill couldn't wait to go to the store to get a test, she had to take it from Michelle's drawer. 

Normal teens and young adults  (I know Jill wasn't a teen) grab pads or tampons when they are at Mom's house (if she still needs them) and there is a need. Duggar women grab pregnancy tests! Is that bizarre or what?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived