IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the bookies have included Albert as one of the top choices for a boy. And if the child is a boy, he will probably have the title "Prince" and therefore, he would be called Prince Albert.

I mean, I can't be the only one whose mind goes to the other meaning of a "Prince Albert".

Should the royal baby thread drift perhaps be its own thread? We have a long way to go. William is said to be close to his grandfather, so Philip is a possibility. It might be Michael for Kate's father even though no one seems keen on the queen's cousin Prince Michael.  I don't think it would be Edward because of that time Prince Edward's TV production company filmed William without his permission. For a girl, I somehow doubt it will be Victoria or Alice or Margaret. I'm having trouble coming up with other traditional royal names that aren't in current use.

On the subject of whether Charles will rule under his own name, he's said to want to be George like his grandfather, and that is one of his given names. 

wow.. when is this baby going to arrive?!  Any guesses that Josh and Anna just wont announce the arrival of their baby?  As to the royal upcoming baby.  So cool!  The Royal couple got married a couple months before I did and like them.. we have 2 kids and it's sure made me clucky for a third. :D

1 hour ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

I mean, I can't be the only one whose mind goes to the other meaning of a "Prince Albert".

Clearly I am old, as the first thing I thought of was prank calls asking if someone had Prince Albert in a can.... and asking them to let him out.

And, clearly, there is a new generation with a different def of what a Prince Albert is.  I will show myself the old folks' door, as I go to google it (and I may regret this!)

You will regret it.  The boy names are boring so I hope they use Phillip, Henry, or Louis in whatever order, meh.  Girls names on the other hand. My youngest was going to be Eleanor Anne  if he had been a girl. I love Eleanor Anne Cecilia though, so they should make that happen or maybe I should just break down and have number 4.

And hooboywooza, okay, this Grandma may never Google anything again.

But thanks for keeping me in the loop on current shit.

:eyewash:

18 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I'm sorry my generation is a bunch of perverted weirdos.

If I was a guy, I wouldn't want to pee out of more than one hole, which happens. Blerghhh.

28 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

Don't feel bad, I'm a millennial and I had to google that too.

58 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

28 minutes ago, HarryPotterFan said:

Don't feel bad, I'm a millennial and I had to google that too.

I think this Gen Xer will stick with the old motto, "Ignorance is bliss." :| 

For anyone who doesn't want to google "Price Albert", it refers to a piercing on a very sensitive area of the male anatomy.

So I think it's pretty safe to say Albert probably is no longer on the list of safe royal baby names. I would expect some member of staff does have to research to make sure no inappropriate names get given!

@Kangaroo, thank you for giving me (and anyone else who felt too squeamish to google) the basic information without any icky illustrations! :pb_lol: Now I just wonder how the nickname got started. (Curiousity is really going to get me in serious trouble one of these days. :pb_mrgreen:)

3 hours ago, SadieJane said:

You will regret it.  The boy names are boring so I hope they use Phillip, Henry, or Louis in whatever order, meh.  Girls names on the other hand. My youngest was going to be Eleanor Anne  if he had been a girl. I love Eleanor Anne Cecilia though, so they should make that happen or maybe I should just break down and have number 4.

I don't think they'll go with Louis as Prince George is George Alexander Louis 

Charles Phillip Arthur George

William Arthur Phillip Louis

Henry Charles Albert David

George Alexander Louis

Plenty of repeated names. Louis or Arthur as a first name probably wouldn't bother them.

7 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Don't the royals have a list of names they have to choose from and can't deviate from it?

No, but most of them, at least the European ones, have a certain name-pool that they choose from and then add in names from the queen/prince consorts background, as they are/where often imported from abroad.

This is how Sweden is going to end up with Queen Frilly Frou-Frou.....Estelle, her name is Estelle and she is 3rd in line, so one can hope the whole royal madness has been abandoned.   

(Estelle is probably a fine name in a lot of places, to Scandinavian ears is very "16 and pregnant")

3 hours ago, Dogalog said:

Charles Phillip Arthur George

William Arthur Phillip Louis

Henry Charles Albert David

George Alexander Louis

Plenty of repeated names. Louis or Arthur as a first name probably wouldn't bother them.

If you notice though, the only pair of brothers on that list don't share any of their names with each other 

1 hour ago, Iokaste said:

This is how Sweden is going to end up with Queen Frilly Frou-Frou.....Estelle, her name is Estelle and she is 3rd in line, so one can hope the whole royal madness has been abandoned.   

(Estelle is probably a fine name in a lot of places, to Scandinavian ears is very "16 and pregnant")

Wow, is that true ? My name is Estelle and I'm from France and in France it's a pretty normal, if fairly common, name for people of my generation (about 25 years old now) and it really carries no connotation apart from age. So odd to learn that my name is the Kevin of another country :pb_lol:

9 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Don't the royals have a list of names they have to choose from and can't deviate from it?

They don't have an official list but I don't see William and Kate using non traditional names. 

3 hours ago, Iokaste said:

No, but most of them, at least the European ones, have a certain name-pool that they choose from and then add in names from the queen/prince consorts background, as they are/where often imported from abroad.

Too be honest, I feel the same way about the name of our queen-to-be Princess Amalia, so 40 years from now we will have more '16 and pregnant'-royals in Europe.

@Seren Ann If someone had French or french speaking parents I'd be fine with the name, it's not that it is ugly in any way :-) ,  but yes, generally French and American/English names with no family connection to the language is lower class here.  
For years teachers looked out for a Brian or Kenneth on the classregistery, these days it's Oliver and Celine/Selina, and judging by current trends in a few years it'll be Liam and Isabella. 

All perfectly good names in the right context!

6 hours ago, Kangaroo said:

For anyone who doesn't want to google "Price Albert", it refers to a piercing on a very sensitive area of the male anatomy.

Oh! So that's why Michael K of dlisted.com calls the Monegasque royal "Prince Pierced Peen!"

Now there's a guy who beat the odds in a bad way. Son of Grace Kelly and he looks like that. Lucky he's a prince or his title would be Sir Gets None.  

I love royal baby name guessing! :my_heart:

So my guesses:

Girl:
Helen Mary Rose
or
Philippa Victoria Anne

and

Boy:
Richard Arthur Philip

They already use Charlotte instead of Charles (OK, Pippa's middle name is also Charlotte), so I guess Philippa instead of Philip might be acceptable. Michael and Francis are also interesting but I don't think they'll get in.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived