IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M-Squad Pt 13: Awaiting M5

choralcrusader8613

If the reigning Queen has any say in the naming of that child, I'm thinking "Edward" won't be used, or any of the names, including "David", that  were used by Edward VII, since (I've heard) both Elizabeth and HER mother blamed the abdication for the poor health of her father and his subsequent death. I don't see the Queen bending on that at any time, and yes, I know she named a son Edward.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

How about Ælfgyva, possibly the younger sister of Harold II and star of the mysterious sex scandal depicted in the Bayeux Tapestry? 

Yes! I'd forgotten about her!

In my head all I've been repeating is: 

Willie, Willie, Harry, Ste

Harry, Dick, John, Harry 3

1, 2, 3 Neds, Richard 2

Harrys 4,5,6 then who? 

Edwards 4, 5, Dick the bad

Harrys twain and Ned the lad

Mary, Bessie, James the vain

Charlie, Charlie, James again

William and Mary, Anna Gloria

4 Georges, William, and Victoria 

Edward 7th, Georgie 5, 

Ed 8, George 6, and Liz alive. 

6 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

1, 2, 3 Neds, Richard 2

Harrys 4,5,6 then who? 

Edward 7th, Georgie 5, 

As an American, I've never heard this. I love it!

@Carm_88

I wonder how that rhyme will change in the future........

Edward 7th, Georgie 5,

Ed 8, George 6, and Liz (oh crap she died).

................HERE'S CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!! 

(I fully accept that poetry is not my forte)

This is a brilliant song to learn the Kings and Queens since William the Conqueror

Spoiler

I'm so happy to see the Eleanor love on here. Growing up I was forever the only one at school and could never find my name on keyrings etc!

Edward is due to inherit his fathers title of Duke of Edinburgh so accepted the Earldom instead of being Duke like his brother Andrew. 

3 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

@Carm_88

I wonder how that rhyme will change in the future........

Edward 7th, Georgie 5,

Ed 8, George 6, and Liz (oh crap she died).

................HERE'S CHARLIE!!!!!!!!!! 

(I fully accept that poetry is not my forte)

Ned the 7th, Georgie 5, Ned the 8th who soon broke free

George the 6th, Elizabeth II, and Charlie 3? 

*I'm sure they already have it, but that's my attempt! :P 

I love this one about the four Kings George in the 18th-19th century - 

"George the first was always reckoned

Vile, and viler George the second.

About the next one, George the third,

Nothing good was ever heard.

And when from earth the fourth descended

Praise the Lord, the Georges ended."

The Georges and their offspring really weren't popular. George II's son Frederick predeceased him, prompting this -

"Alas, poor Fred.

He lived, and is dead.

If it were his father,

Everyone would rather.

If it were his brother, 

Better than another.

If it were his sister, 

No one would have missed her.

But alas tis Fred,

Who lived and is dead.

No more to be said.

ETA Makes today's press part of a long tradition of being rude to the Royals!

(Fred died by being hit in the head by a cricket ball - one day I'm going to look at 'unusual royal deaths'!)

5 hours ago, Honey said:

Prince Gabriel Carl Walther of Sweden, Duke of Dalecarlia was born last thursday. 

Such a looooong name for a baby. lol

Princess Madeleine is expecting her third.  The Swedish royal family is having a baby boom.

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

If the reigning Queen has any say in the naming of that child, I'm thinking "Edward" won't be used, or any of the names, including "David", that  were used by Edward VII, since (I've heard) both Elizabeth and HER mother blamed the abdication for the poor health of her father and his subsequent death. I don't see the Queen bending on that at any time, and yes, I know she named a son Edward.

Princess Margaret named her son David.  He's now the Earl of Snowden.

With George and Charlotte, their names were announced after the Queen met them in the days after their births.

For the new baby I'm thinking

Alice Victoria Mary or Arthur Phillip Albert

I also really like Eleanor.

The bookies currently like Alice, Arthur, Victoria, Alexandra and Albert.  I think they predicted George and Charlotte very early on.

If I'm remembering right, Alice was actually the favourite last time until just after the birth when there was suddenly a huge surge of betting on Charlotte. I'm guessing it leaked somehow.

They gave their first born son and first born daughter very, very traditional, expected, royal names. I think they could go a little tiny bit off the beaten path with #3, maybe. Nothing even remotely crazy - I'm not suggesting they're going to name their kid Scarlett or Maximus - but maybe a traditional name with royal ties that's not quite as 'obvious', like Eleanor, Sophia, Amelia or Cecilia (I think the male names they'd choose are more or less already on the list of top contenders).

10 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Going with Victoria for a girl and Phillip for a boy. 

That's what I think as well. However, I can see Albert for a boy (kinda old-fashioned, but they did go with "George" for their firstborn) or Alexandra for a girl.

I also can see Henry/Henriette making an appearance as a middle name, since both seem close to Prince Harry.

In the same vein, Carole or Michael may make appearances as middle names as well. They seem very family-oriented, and I get the feeling Kate has put her foot down that her family will be just included in the children's lives as his. A middle name seems a nice gesture, neither of her parents has a crazy, un-British first name, and it is a third child so they have a bit more flexibility.

7 hours ago, Honey said:

Prince Gabriel Carl Walther of Sweden, Duke of Dalecarlia was born last thursday. 

Such a looooong name for a baby. lol

That's not even that long, normally they have 4 names. 

So, we're still waiting on Anna. 

It was more exciting (sarcasm here) waiting for April the giraffe to give birth.     

Can we put a camera on Anna and see if she is 'restless'?|

If these people had any sense (and we know they don't) they would give a due date that is actually two weeks past their real due date so we can all be surprised when the baby isn't as late as we think it is. 

To be fair, Anna never gave a due date, she just said 'later this year' and we all assumed that meant July or August.

Anna did look ready to pop the last time she was spotted, but that means little. After a certain point in pregnancy, many women hit the stage of looking huge and uncomfortable. 

3 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

1, 2, 3 Neds, Richard 2

Harrys 4,5,6 then who? 

Edward 7th, Georgie 5, 

3 hours ago, Gillyweed said:

As an American, I've never heard this. I love it!

I remember that from King Ralph! 

This is more fun then guessing M5.  I guessed George's name right (it was the only one that wasn't currently used which was why it was my guess) and Charlotte was one of the four names I had guessed. But I forgot Alexander was one of his middle names. I had though it was George William Louis. So then my guess for a girl is between Victoria and Mary. Eleanor's a nice name too. I doubt they'd go all the way back to Matilda, William the Conquerer's wife and Henry II's mother. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

They gave their first born son and first born daughter very, very traditional, expected, royal names. I think they could go a little tiny bit off the beaten path with #3, maybe.

My favorite comment, seen on another website: "I hope they name this one Jaxton."

I agree with @Four is Enough that David is likely off the table for the reasons she mentioned. I'd also be willing to bet that Sarah wouldn't be a popular choice. I don't think that either the Queen or Prince Phillip have even been fans of Fergie.

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

The name of Baby Wales is irrelevant. You Brits got yourself a new Queen! 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/girl-pulls-sword-legendary-lake-155743962.html

She's 7, she's adorable, and she pulled a sword from a legendary lake! :pb_lol:

Hey hey hey - supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!

I mean, if I went around sayin' I was an empereror just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me they'd put me away! 

49 minutes ago, sta_sha said:

I agree with @Four is Enough that David is likely off the table for the reasons she mentioned. I'd also be willing to bet that Sarah wouldn't be a popular choice. I don't think that either the Queen or Prince Phillip have even been fans of Fergie.

Prettu much doubt "camilla" will be in play, either... LOL!

8 hours ago, sawasdee said:

If we can't have Boudicca, what about some good Anglo  Saxon names? Ethelfleda or Frideswide for a girl, Hereward or Beowulf for a boy....and we once had a King called Harthacanute....Danish, but a name that definitely needs reviving!

There was also a Queen denied her throne in the 12th century, Matilda, another that deserves a comeback. But it always makes me think of Roald Dahl!

(She was ousted by her cousin Stephen, a name never used since in the Royal family.)

I was totally going to suggest some of the good Æ names! Back to the Millenium!  (Or instead of Maltida, the other version - Maud. Love the Eleanor suggestion, though...they can only hope to have a daughter as brilliant as Eleanor of Aquitaine!)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived