IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The homeschooling facts Lori chooses to ignore in her screed - https://newrepublic.com/article/122987/does-homeschooling-make-children-more-religious

Some highlights:

On average, homeschooled young adults were no more religious than demographically similar young people who attended public or private schools.

while adults raised in a Christian homeschool context were a bit more likely to hold conservative theological views, they were less likely to have an active religious life or to be deeply involved in a religious congregation than demographically equivalent public and privately schooled young adults.

In general, both the quantitative and qualitative studies have found that most homeschooled Christian children continued in their faith when they grew up, as did most Christian children who attended public and private schools.

The type of schooling did not really make a lot of difference, especially not the sort of transformative difference many parents who choose it hope for.

I heard this article quoted by a radio preacher (Jeremiah? Swindoll?) and he agreed with it. 

Reader:

are you saying that our children according to these people- will turn away from God just because they attend public school?

Lori:

Yes, we, the parents, are commanded by God to train up our children in the way they should go, NOT some godless, government run institution.

Is Lori saying her children turned from God?  Here she says:

We have four grown children who all walk in truth and have strong marriages. 

She also says:

I was a great mother.

So either: 

A. You can be a great mother who sends her 4 children to public school, and they can all grow up to walk in TRUTH!

or 

B.  Lori is lying again.   

So because the man works outside of the home all day and the woman has the ridiculously easy (sarcasm) job of SAHM/W she just puts it out whenever he feels like it? I don't think so. I think Lori believes in a contract marriage instead of a covenant. 

These kind of teachings really do screw you up. I still slip back into the "well dear I'll do whatever you want" or "it's your free weekend so you choose how you want to spend it" or "it's your money so spend it how you like" mindset because Mr EW is primary breadwinner and,  I was raised to believe I didn't have the right to ask, question, or expect equal participation.  In fundie world it's all about the man and how you make his life better and easier. Period. It's probably the main source of arguments between us when I slip into automatic "submissive" during some situations and it both hurts and frustrates him. It's gotten a LOT better but every once in while I still find myself defaulting. 

And I know way more homeschooled kids who went off the deep end than public schooled kids. it's not a guarantee. 

44 minutes ago, molecule said:

How old are Lori's grandchildren? Are any of them school age? I wondered if there a chance that today's post is one of her efforts to "convict" her grown children about something.

I have wondered that too. She has one who is about 6. Lori once mentioned the child going to a "homeschooling farm coop"  on Thursdays with her three year old brother and their mom. Lori watches the family's youngest during that time. I hope it is just a preschool play group or something that she's calling a "homeschool coop"

Reader:

I don't understand why one makes the leap from submission to rape. One can model Godly behavior and yet be disgusted and heartsick over the way some men treat their wives (especially with respect to marital rape, which is still illegal). I know that you are not saying that if women were more submissive, there would be less rape, correct?

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:57 PM, feministxtian said:

PLEASE...reach out. I promise I will grab your hand and not let go. Depression sucks ass in a HUGE way. Please, don't ever feel alone, there are bunches of us who know what that's like, when the black fog grabs you, enfolds you and won't let go. Reach out, there's someone on the other side of the fog who's trying to get in to find you and hug you hard enough to try to put your pieces together. Know you are loved. 

Ma'am, you are such a comfort to the many of us who suffer from depression and anxiety.  Bless you and thanks again!

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I have wondered that too. She has one who is about 6. Lori once mentioned the child going to a "homeschooling farm coop"  on Thursdays with her three year old brother and their mom. Lori watches the family's youngest during that time. I hope it is just a preschool play group or something that she's calling a "homeschool coop"

Lori's idea is more like a chicken coop where the kiddoes are penned in and made to be quiet.

with my sisters and their husbands of their youth!

Lori said this attached to her photo of her mom and dad.  It is confusing to me.  Does it mean her sisters are pictured with their first husband whom they subsequently divorced - thereby becoming the 'husbands of their youth?'  

That's the only way I can read it in order for it to make sense.

Lori's take on the difficulties of homeschooling:

It doesn't have to be hard. My children read for a couple of hours a day and did math for an hour. If they are great readers, which they were, and knew math, every other subject comes easily!

I'm going to guess that to this day, there are huge, chasm-like gaps in her children's education. :?

So Lori has another post up about her blessed book. In case you hadn't heard she wrote "The Transformed Wife" I am a verified purchaser of said book with a review on the amazon page. Since she has brought up her trashy book, yet again, that prompted me to go out to amazon, make comments on some of the 5-star reviews that say nothing of the substance of the book. And I am happy to report that there are 125 reviews 50% of which are 1-star and 43% are 5-star.

There is one 4-star review that is just gold. I love it and make sure it is still posted each time I go out to check on the reviews. If you haven't read the gold star review here it is:

1Capture.thumb.JPG.efc3944349bd88dfafc53841d3c86b3e.JPG

10 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Lori said this attached to her photo of her mom and dad.  It is confusing to me.  Does it mean her sisters are pictured with their first husband whom they subsequently divorced - thereby becoming the 'husbands of their youth?'  

That's the only way I can read it in order for it to make sense.

I think her caption is a reference to the Bible verse--maybe in Song of Solomon?--that says "rejoice in the wife of your youth."  In which case, I think it would mean they are with their original husbands, having not traded them in on younger models.

3 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

One of us!  One of us!

12 minutes ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

Does it mean her sisters are pictured with their first husband whom they subsequently divorced - thereby becoming the 'husbands of their youth?'  

Lori is just weird like that.  She once did a whole post in which she referred to their husbands as their "boyfriends".

I told my sisters about my post yesterday...about always being your husband's girlfriend, so I asked them to pose for me with their boyfriends!  

This is my youngest sister, (name redacted),  with her boyfriend {husband}, (name redacted), of 24 years!

She goes down the list (even including her son and his wife):

This is my son, Ryan, with his girlfriend {wife}, Erin, of 1 1/2 years!

She concludes:

I do have a little secret for all of you, however... Alisa, Debbi, and I were not very good girlfriends for many years.

I am sure her sisters appreciated that...
Lori wasn't a good "girlfriend", so her sisters probably weren't either.  And neither was their mom.  In the past, however, she has talked about her sisters having great marriages.  She really struggles to keep her story straight.

1 minute ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I think her caption is a reference to the the Bible verse--maybe in Song of Solomon?--that says "rejoice in the wife of your youth." 

Thank you @Emilycharlotte.  I guess I'm showing my lack of Bible study, KJV or otherwise.

Oh and my comments to the reviews- nobody has answered me back yet. :( I feel so left out!

I really, really, really want the Catholic lady to respond. As most of you have read, I am Catholic. So I would love this "traditional Catholic" to reply to me. :)

2capture.thumb.jpg.1704d196a0ec51925805ae96fbf9c9f6.jpg

11 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Lori's take on the difficulties of homeschooling:

I'm going to guess that to this day, there are huge, chasm-like gaps in her children's education. :?

She fails to mention that she used this easy-peasy homeschooling method on only two of her kids, and for a brief period of time. Apparently they were smart and motivated enough to catch up in other subjects when their brief homeschooling experience ended.

But it's very considerate of her to give her followers the impression that 12 laid-back years of reading and math problems will prepare a kid for dental school. 

@TeddyBonkers that is the funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time. Ooh, maybe my husband will bring home a new microwave next week.  :laughing-rolling:

This comment has now been deleted from Lori's Instagram:

I don't understand why one makes the leap from submission to rape. One can model Godly behavior and yet be disgusted and heartsick over the way some men treat their wives (especially with respect to marital rape, which is still illegal). I know that you are not saying that if women were more submissive, there would be less rape, correct?

I guess that says more than Lori's words ever could...

Lori has trained her leg-humpers very well. In response to her latest notebook word vomit, a reader responds:

The thing is - before marriage, the woman has all the choice. It's during dating that a woman decides which man she wants to marry. The woman has all the choice then, with God supporting her and directing her decision. And after she has chosen her mate, then she is to be in submission to him. Whether there is abuse on the marriage or not depends on how well the woman chose initially - whether she ignored the signs and warning of God about a partner or not, whether she chose for whatever petty reason. She made the choice and has to live with it after that - excepting the cases of sever abuse, which God would never wanted her subject to. 

Point being: the woman has all the choice about who she marries. If she marries someone who is truly good, if she acknowledges her true nature as homebuilder and helpmeet and woman, then being in submission is in fact the most glorifying thing she could do - for herself and her husband and her children.

Why yes, yes, you did interpret that correctly:  it's the woman's fault. Always. :angry-banghead:

4 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

And of course her other excuse is things weren't as bad in my days of old! The always nostalgic view of the past and horror at the present.

And her kids are in their 30's I think, so we're only talking about 15-20 years ago! 

Ah yes, 1997, when men were men and women were glad of it!!  Then Bill Clinton had oral sex, which absolutely did not exist before then, and everything went to hell.

I'm in my late 30's, when I was a kid homeschooling was pretty out there and my mom did it anyway. I did go to private school but was primarily at home.  So I don't buy Lori's excuse that not enough people were doing it so she couldn't.  Also my mom "did everything right" according to Lori's viewpoint and I'm no longer Christian.  

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So Lori has another post up about her blessed book. In case you hadn't heard she wrote "The Transformed Wife" I am a verified purchaser of said book with a review on the amazon page. Since she has brought up her trashy book, yet again, that prompted me to go out to amazon, make comments on some of the 5-star reviews that say nothing of the substance of the book. And I am happy to report that there are 125 reviews 50% of which are 1-star and 43% are 5-star.

There is one 4-star review that is just gold. I love it and make sure it is still posted each time I go out to check on the reviews. If you haven't read the gold star review here it is:

This is unbelievably awesome. Thanks for sharing. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived