IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

35 minutes ago, SusanDelgado said:

I'm in my late 30's, when I was a kid homeschooling was pretty out there and my mom did it anyway. I did go to private school but was primarily at home.  So I don't buy Lori's excuse that not enough people were doing it so she couldn't.  Also my mom "did everything right" according to Lori's viewpoint and I'm no longer Christian.  

The fact that Lori *did* homeschool at times, makes her point that homeschooling wasn't popular, completely irrelevant.  She obviously knew about it, and according to her, her children were thriving on a couple hours of reading, and 1 hour of math.

Unless she's asserting that she based her parenting choices on what was popular, instead of on what she claims is Biblical, then it doesn't matter at all whether it was popular or not.  

She says she put Cassi in public school because she was "bored" and "wanted a social life". That is the real reason.  It had nothing to do with the fact that homeschooling wasn't popular.

Just keep in mind, that Lori has declared herself a "great mother", and she insists that her children all "walk in TRUTH!", so public school must not be that bad.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, EowynW said:

Steak is a healthy food. Lordy this woman. 

You know, I'd be pretty unpleasant if all I ate was salad. Maybe Ken should force feed her a steak and a hot fudge sundae. 

18 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

You know, I'd be pretty unpleasant if all I ate was salad. Maybe Ken should force feed her a steak and a hot fudge sundae. 

Then finish the evening out with a real lovemaking session. She could use some  orgasms. None of this ten minutes and lube crap. 

That sounds like a great evening. Nice very juicy steak & a nice potato & veggie, then some nice loving! Just time to digest before getting busy. What person would not enjoy that?

I'm sure it's been brought up before, but what if Lori believes that it's sinful for a woman to find pleasure in sex? I mean, she's such a hard-ass about everything else.

I was bored and wanted a social life too.  I BEGGED to go to public school.  My mom was like too bad, so sad.  I don't believe in public school, you're not going.  Because she was the MOM and didn't let me dictate my own life. 

2 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

That sounds like a great evening. Nice very juicy steak & a nice potato & veggie, then some nice loving! Just time to digest before getting busy. What person would not enjoy that?

We'd never get to the loving...Mr. Xtian would fall into a deep food coma. He's just like a baby, fill his belly and off to sleep he goes! 

2 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Me!  I wouldn't mind the potato and veggie, but I'm a vegetarian so no steak.  (I will admit that a steak looks good though.)  A good risotto is more my style or something from the wok.  

10 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I don't think this is true. Funny that Jilly asked.

Screenshot_2017-08-28-11-38-07.thumb.png.70c2dc7013a4e8bafc7dcd4e38a9764a.png

Yeah, her kids are around my age and I went to those horrid local public schools. Her children grew up in the 1990s and 2000s. I am unsure what new garbage in the last 20 years has happened to make her think schools weren't "as bad" then as now. Having worked in public schools in recent years and also having gone to them myself, I can honestly say there isn't much difference except with the technology. Elementary kids are learning coding skills now, which I think is awesome. 

It is quite hilarious to me that Lori thinks that Christian schools are better. Lori's kids grew up in hippie Liberal sunny southern California. I grew up at the same time in Bible Belt southern Appalachia and yet we had the typical stuff most high schools have-troubled kids who go to juvie, illegal drug consumption, heavy drinkers, pregnant teens, etc. I hate to tell Lori, but of course she wouldn't listen anyway, that Christian schools were well known to have all those problems too and much worse. Where I grow up, and I doubt her schools were any different, everyone knew that the Christian schools (Catholic included here btw, consider them Christians) were so much worse and those kids were the worst ever with behavioral problems. 

My sibs and I all went to public schools. I'm the only one who isn't a Christian today and everyone else in my family are "saved" and attend church frequently and pray daily. I was a Christian until college, but it was not college that took my belief away. I did that through my reading of the Bible and questioning, but I digress. Point is, school didn't make me an atheist. School didn't change my siblings beliefs either and I'd say they are the norm. Most people do continue to follow the religion of their parents in my personal experience. But Lori can believe whatever that hypocritical tiny brain of hers wants in regards to this. She will still be wrong as always though. 

Hey there FJ! Long time lurker here. Eff you Lori Alexander for being vile enough to make me end my Watch. 

I am absolutely revolted by the fundie ideal of "Let's homeschool to keep our babies set apart from the big evil world.", especially when it's used in combination with "Sit in the corner and read this textbook. You'll magically learn because Jesus." If you are not going to allow your child to be educated in a classroom setting, then you need to be above and beyond involved to make sure that they are still receiving a quality education. (Looking at you, J-Rod) My Mom homeschooled all 4 of her kids, and she went above and beyond to make sure that we were not missing out on anything that we would have had access to in a public school setting. She would put together her own curriculum that she customized to each of our learning styles. She would spend hours correcting worksheets, writing assignments, math tests, and science projects. (Only to then spend hours going over the corrections with us and helping us get it right) She planned science experiments, field trips, and arts and crafts day. She enrolled us in piano lessons, dance classes, martial arts classes, swimming lessons, and any sport that we were eager to play. And she did this all while working a part time job in the evenings to help my Dad make ends meet. 

If you are going to make the decision to teach your child yourself, then teach your child yourself. But don't screw them out of a future by keeping them home for Jesus and then expecting that Jesus is magically going to make them into educated and well rounded individuals. If you don't want the public school system's help that's your own decision, but you had gosh darn better be prepared to put in the effort to make up for it. 

Your mom sounds amazing, Lamb!

It irritates me to no end when fundie moms talk about "relaxed" homeschooling--and mean they pass their kid a book or worksheet, or plop them in front of a video for "science." Once in a while, ok, but as a regular thing--that's terrible.

ZZ Anderson seems to do this a lot. She is always talking about her kids "doing school" in the car, or on the sofa. What she really means is that her kids are filling out worksheets. Education is so much more than that. Of course, if I had 9 kids and a crazy husband, I might have to do the same.

Lori had no excuse. Only four kids, a housekeeper, a nanny. . . why was she doing such shoddy homeschooling? Frankly, I would've loved to homeschool, because I think learning is so much fun! There are so many wonderful things you could do with middle school aged kids (Lori homeschooled in middle school). Using a chemistry set, reading books together, taking factory tours, visiting to science museums during the mid-week quiet. . . sounds really awesome. And instead she hands them a Christian book about missionaries? What was she doing during their 2 hours of reading per day?

Most of the fundie homeschoolers don't take their responsibility seriously. My own kids are in public school, and I can see that it would be very hard (though not impossible) to teach to the standard that the public school reaches in my area. These teachers know all sorts of tricks to make subtraction, multiplication and even calculus go down smoothly. I suppose I could learn these tricks, but it would take time and effort. They know what books are most popular to read to a class of 6 year olds They know how to talk to teens without seeming condescending.

The way the fundies describe homeschooling make it sound so frickin boring for the kids. My oldest, an excellent student, lacks the self-discipline and maturity to take classes online. She needs the stimulation and excitement of a classroom. I can't imagine how fundie children learn this way. 

21 hours ago, onemama said:

I can't find the quote, but one of the men (I think it was Jeff) said that it's a hard task having to "cleanse" his wife. Hence the brillo pad  :evil-laugh:

I found the quote!  It's indeed by Jeff. You can find the whole thing in a reply to the blog post "Straight Truth, Pull No Punches Teaching on Submission". She posted it on May 10th.

Jeff of the brillo pad said:

I am in a similar situation to many christian men including all of your husbands. Cleansing your wife has become a burden so great that doing so you live hell on earth, but not doing so it is hell on earth and abdicating your role is what Adam did in the garden. He listened to his wife. I barely listen to my wife any more and the bad times are when I do listen.

2 hours ago, jerkit said:

"All of your husband's." Just, what? All of those comments are women saying the obey or what the fuck ever. 

Yes. He posted that after several comments from women stating how happy they are that their husbands correct them.  

Jeff: 

For the women here that said they want their husbands to correct them. I have heard women say this, but I have never ever seen a woman take it with humility. My wife literally screams in tantrum when I make her accountable and later apologizes. Does that count? No, due to the fact that although I forgive her, the rebellion is still very strong in her heart and her first reaction is to be disrespectful, unkind, cruel and divisive.

Jeff is probably a man who rebells against any and all authority that he disagrees with.  They tend to be the ones who demand perfect obedience of all those "under" them.  

Lori:

We no longer buy stuff, go window shopping, or spend money on things we don't need. 

Also, Lori (yesterday):

There's a cute little gift shop right near here and the woman who owns it makes all these organic homemade soaps. 

Lori (11 days ago):

Lori (12 days ago):

I saw this adorable apron in a local gift store. 

So nice that Lori was able to kick her shopping habit!  

Off topic, but I just noticed the following comment from an Instagram back in May:

I bought three of these cotton dresses from Old Navy for $10 a piece (before my commitment to not buying clothes for a year) and I LOVE them!!! They are about the most comfortable thing I have ever worn and I can dress them up or down however I want. It makes not wearing shorts anymore so easy since they are much more comfortable and cooler. 

I guess it's particularly easy when you most definitely still wear shorts!

From today's blog post:

We can not expect to have clean and tidy homes, the clothes laundered and put away, good food shopped for and prepared, and all of the other things required in being a homemaker if we don’t work hard and sleep too much. We must not eat the bread of idleness.

Says the woman who spent eight weeks on vacation. :roll:

tyelynn.PNG.f7af0a9f1b92d36e90e6b5da754d3774.PNG

Sigh...something tells me that when men pursue outside interests, hobbies, their own dreams, its not selfish at all. The only dream a woman is allowed to have is to be a wife and mother. 

Lori:

it is forbidden in God's Word for a woman to teach men and it does NO good at all to teach women what men's role is because they have NO ability to change or convict their husbands. It is God who changes and convicts them through the wife's godly behavior.

This is seriously implying that God can't convict or change a man UNLESS a woman is godly enough to bring that change about through the woman. God can't just innact a change in a man on his own accord. So, I suppose if God wants a man to change, God has to wait around for the woman to get godly first. 

So Lori is an early riser...she would fit in great with the FLDS cult. In one episode of Escaping Polygamy one of the wives was being punished because she had the sin of not being able to get up at 5am! Lori should love the FLDS. 

32 minutes ago, Loveday said:

From today's blog post:

Says the woman who spent eight weeks on vacation. :roll:

Who let her newborns cry it out so she could get her precious sleep.  Who made her children go to their rooms for 2 hours every day so she could rest.

Thinking about Lori's doodle condoning marital rape. Does she not realize how uncomfortable sex can be when you are not in the mood? She should be exhorting husband's to care about getting their wives in the mood, like Sheila does. Preaching to just lay back and take sex and think of England is not a good, healthy & mutually loving sex life. 

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Thinking about Lori's doodle condoning marital rape. Does she not realize how uncomfortable sex can be when you are not in the mood? She should be exhorting husband's to care about getting their wives in the mood, like Sheila does. Preaching to just lay back and take sex and think of England is not a good, healthy & mutually loving sex life. 

Lori seems to think sex is "Clan of the Cave Bear" style.  A man grunts and the woman immediately assumes the position. Gross

I still contend that Lori's God is weak and mean.  He can make an entire universe, but he can't figure out how to get around birth control?  He's not happy unless women are reduced to property and (in some cases) degradated?

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

Who let her newborns cry it out so she could get her precious sleep. 

Lori Alexander:

We trained our four children to sleep through the night when they were six weeks old.  Waking up every few hours was taking a toll on my health and my emotions.

crying never hurt anybody

We let them cry until they feel asleep. If you keep consoling them, they will keep crying for more consoling. 

*Here, she claims it was at 6 weeks, but she once posted on FB that it was 3 weeks.*

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived