IGNORED

Lori Alexander 27: Deleting Bible Passages since 2017

I have to step away from Lori at times because the crazy begins to get to me. Self doubt creeps in from years of being raised in a deeply conservative and religious home. 

I have done a little of all three with my children. We have homeschooled, we have gone to private Christian school, and we have gone to public school. Currently we are doing an online charter school which is the best of both worlds. They have wonderful teachers, great lesson plans, and I do not have to teach them myself, and we can do school where we want, when we want (most of the time). They get to meet up a few times a month with their classmates for field trips. Right now my daughter is doing math live, with dozens of other children in her class, in her pj's. 

I say you have to do what works best for your family, and that includes the emotional well being of your children. They deserve the very best that we can give them. I hate hearing about children who want to go to school and being denied. That breaks my heart. 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Loveday good point! She doesn't like being "distressed" by it. I guess ignorance really is bliss. 

According to today's post, I'm a little bit Proverbs 31! I rise while it is still night (most of the time).  

This notebook scribble is bothering me. 

Lori, 

yes, Scripture does say that a wife is to submit to her husband, but both husbands and wives are supposed to "submit to one-another out of reverence to Christ", a concept that we find repeatedly throught the New Testament, sometimes worded differently.  Yes, the first wife was created to be her husband's helper suitable (because that's a better translation from the original Hebrew). I don't think it's wrong to assume that wives are their husbands' suitable helpers, but I we have a different concept of what that means.  You are right that a wife is not responsible for her husband's behavior and neither is the husband for his wife's behavior.  

But it doesn't say that a wife should submit to her husband's sins against her. The passage you quote in 1st Peter is talking to wives of unbelievers, and you'd know that because the apostle Paul also teaches the same thing: if the unbeliever  (wife or husband) is willing to live with the believer, then stay. Don't you know you might sanctify the unbelieving spouse?  As for the sexual issue, both are supposed to look after each other. It goes both ways.  Both are also supposed to see that they please each other. 

It also doesn't teach that husbands should see to it that their wives submit to them, nor that their sacrificial love should be only for a season, or that they should demand to be given their "rightful place" in the relationship. 

In the same passage you quote, husbands are told to live with their wives "according to knowledge" and give them honor. 

Lori, the problem with your teaching is that you pick and choose a verse here, another there, you misinterpret it, put your spin to it, and teach it as Truth straight from God.  The lady you so quickly dismissed is actually right.  It's a shame your husband doesn't invest his energy in teaching men how to honor their wives, love them and cherish them. He's actually playing Adam, going along with your misinterpretations and ducking for cover behind you whenever he's called out on the heresy you both teach.  

25 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

@Loveday good point! She doesn't like being "distressed" by it. I guess ignorance really is bliss. 

It's especially blissful when it keeps you away from those pesky grandbabies.

Follow up to the Tye comments I pasted in earlier today

tyelynn2.PNG.2fda34a75a08c859065a36e19fffb86f.PNG

tyelynn3.PNG

Ken will no doubt say that isn't good enough or she is doing it all wrong? And special olympics? Does Lori do any charity work like that, NOPE. Tye one upped her. Tye will be deleted.

Lori says:

I go to bed around 9:00 pm and wake up around 5:00 am all year around. I love having the mornings to study and read. When I am with my grandchildren, I am up and caring for them which I love to do.

Again, sure sounds like she is reading here after we were just talking about her lack of interest in grandchildren she has to raise us one.

As for homeschooling being the only way to keep our children in the faith... well, I guess my kids are doomed, as are all other children who live in countries where homeschooling is illegal.   We gave a Christian school a try, but it was too expensive and the 2 hour daily commute was going to be too much for us.  Our kids go to local public school. 

I became a Christian when I was 14 and attending a public high-school.  I think that my exposure to "the world" made me a critical thinker that is strongly convinced of what she believes.  I still had a deep faith crisis that lasted a few years, but that was the result of getting too swept up into legalism, not because I went to public school.

In my opinion, keeping company with her MRA friends is definitely corrupting Lori. Let's see when her fans start to see that. 

Oh, @Ken, when did you have a great marriage? 'S okay. I'll wait....:buffalo: til the cows come home.

And you had a highly successful career in large part because you were unwilling to sacrifice even a tiny bit of time for your wife and kids. Your wife, selfish and bitchy though she is, resented you from the moment you two said "I do", and probably even before. Yours wasn't a love match, that's for damn sure.

Here's a scenario to ponder (because I know you're reading here; you just can't quit us!): A man and a woman get married for love. They work in the same large organization. After the woman gets pregnant, they BOTH make the decision that she should leave her job and stay home to raise the baby. Meanwhile, the man keeps moving up in the organization. He travels often, but because he communicates openly and honestly with his wife and listens to her opinions, travel isn't a big deal.

He encourages his wife to go back to school once the children are in school themselves, knowing that it is something she will find fulfillment in. In the meantime, she applies her organizational skills to keep the house running like a well-oiled machine, with the help of all members of the family, regardless of their genitalia. When the wife is offered a part-time job while the kids are in school, the husband and wife make the decision TOGETHER to say yes.

The husband keeps moving up in the organization, despite his wife working, his kids going to public school. Shockingly, the family even manages to go to church on Sundays!

No question who has the greater marriage. But you just keep trumpeting that yours is "God's perfect will".

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

Why does Ken have to remind us he has been very successful in his career?  

What an insecure little man. 

Well he's shit in bed so he's gotta have something to brag about. 

Lori sounds like my mom. Except my mom always words it as "God's best." 

"You don't want to miss out on God's best."0

Ken Alexander:

To raise a family and have a happy marriage takes a lot of work, and generally something will suffer in these primary goals of the Christian wife and mother if she invests in other outside interests.

Also, Ken Alexander:

But Basketball and sex. They are/were pretty sacred to me. Can I give up Sunday School instead? How about being an elder in the church? How about just work 10 hours a week less, but then how can I buy her a house. It's complicated when you are young, married with four kids under 7 and trying to get to the top of your profession. Where is my necessary outlet if it is not basketball?

For clarity:

If a wife has an outside interest, her "primary goals" will suffer.

If a husband has an outside interest, it's "sacred" and a "necessary outlet".

Got it.

Lori and Ken always seem to know what's best for others- even people they've never met.  It must be really nice for them.  They spent over 20 years in an absolutely MISERABLE, DECEPTIVE, MANIPULATIVE marriage, and now they give advice on marriage.  Perfect.

They still have a miserable, deceptive and manipulative marriage...but it's all good now because Jesus. 

Was reading a good Christian book today that reminded me of Lori 's views on submission. Bottom line: men are not God. A person can never submit fully to a fallible human. (By David G Brenner, 'surrender to love' )

IMG_3419.thumb.JPG.65e515dbeb1e2b2cf707dfa29a22c465.JPG

Spoiler

Oh my god, I can't even....

She's back out taking pictures of people's homes again.  And making fun of them, no less.  She has no class.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Not an ounce.  Classless.  

Have YOU ever thought about staying in your VACATION home, instead of roaming about town like a busybody, saying things you ought not to say, Lori?

21 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

They still have a miserable, deceptive and manipulative marriage...but it's all good now because Jesus. 

Because Debi Pearl...

@EowynW, thanks for sharing that page.  @foreign fundie, thank you too.   I wish Lori's followers would reach for healthier teachers.  Lori teaches such a twisted and poisonous version of the truth.

1 minute ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Wow look at her reflection in the glass too!!

Yeah, so much for modesty, eh? 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I noticed that too and it looks like she's wearing leggings. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

True!  Thigh-high for sure you wrinkly, hate-spewing cougar.  Who is she trying to pick-up on these walks around town as she's looking for homes to shame?

Lori strikes me as far too selfish to have exclusively breastfed her children. I find it hard to believe that a six-week old breastfed baby slept through the night. I suspect either someone else fed baby at night or she was just able to completely ignore a newborn crying in hunger at night. 

37 minutes ago, Koala said:

Oh my god, I can't even....

She's back out taking pictures of people's homes again.  And making fun of them, no less.  She has no class.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Not an ounce.  Classless.  

Have YOU ever thought about staying in your VACATION home, instead of roaming about town like a busybody, saying things you ought not to say, Lori?

It looks like it may be abandoned. The home is in clear need of repair. Window is old and rusted, paint peeling off, ivy grown in the gutters, weeds all over, moss grown on the roof. But I am weird. I would ponder on the history of the house, not think, I must post a pic to mock the people of this house? She is so freaking weird. She is so desperate to put herself as better than others. What a sad way to live. 

7 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Lori strikes me as far too selfish to have exclusively breastfed her children. I find it hard to believe that a six-week old breastfed baby slept through the night. I suspect either someone else fed baby at night or she was just able to completely ignore a newborn crying in hunger at night. 

Cosigned. I tried BF'ing my first (nice to meet you, colic!) and she didn't sleep through the night until probably 8 months? My second did better with BF and didn't sleep through the night until she was almost 3. She was off the boob at one year old, just a scared sleeper. I didn't ignore her, I went in and asked her to tell me about her dream, we talked about coping mechanisms, got her a nightlight, etc. And now she's fine.

Lori is a such a bitch to be posting pictures again. It looks like she may be trespassing based on her reflection in the window.  If she and Ken are doing shit like all over the town they are in, I really hope it pisses off some neighbor or homeowner enough to call the cops to check them out or maybe some cop patrolling around catches Ken closing another garage door or Lori taking pictures very close to a house.

With the previous house and this house she has no idea what is going on with owners. There is a huge chance this house is unoccupied. Of course, Lori doesn't consider that possibility and she has to post a bitchy comment regarding the gutters.

I know it's been mentioned about Lori's daughter, SIL, and grandchild being in Houston. But, isn't her DIL Emily's family from Houston too?

I saved this a few hours ago to post when deleted and didn't have to wait long.  The comment pointing out she was window shopping yesterday.Screenshot_2017-08-29-14-36-48.thumb.png.eb181c3b875ce23c140397c1fa457743.png

@Curious, thank you for including the extra info regarding that DeviantArt illustration that was re-finagled into a fundie post and wound up on Lori Alexander Undeleted. I wanted to add those details to my initial post but got interrupted.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived