IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

While all the DPIARBT offspring were there, I am wondering if all the Sproul kids came? Any representation from the Brown Family? Baucham?  How about the Phillips extended family? Uncle Samuel might have found St. Andrew's too protestant but we speculated he did come for Bible School graduation.  Grandmother Peggy? Uncle Brad?  And I guess no Bradricks. But Potters? Definitely no one from Beall's family. :ignore:  How sad for her.  Had to have been a bit frustrating for DPIARBT not to be performing the service, not to be fawned over, not to be basking, not to be glorying in it all.  But how much better for his kids.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw a photo of Doug and Liberty together at the wedding. Liberty looks lovely and happy. Doug is glaring daggers at the photographer, and looks angry. Kind of a disturbing pic for a wedding shoot frankly. 

43 minutes ago, Sobeknofret said:

Not a happy looking camper, is he?

He's either at a joyful family reunion or he just smelled a fart. Hard to tell. 

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

Doug and Beall in the same photo

Wow, they are standing far apart, aren't they? If you didn't know they were a married couple you wouldn't guess from that family picture. 

Not a happy looking camper, is he?
Any pics of them looking like normal people and not like.....an estranged couple with a kid that just got married?
My in laws stood closer at the last family wedding and they haven't spoken a word to each other in almost twenty years.

1 minute ago, bea said:

Any pics of them looking like normal people and not like.....an estranged couple with a kid that just got married?
My in laws stood closer at the last family wedding and they haven't spoken a word to each other in almost twenty years.

If there are, I haven't seen them yet.

4 hours ago, Sobeknofret said:

I just saw a photo of Doug and Liberty together at the wedding. Liberty looks lovely and happy. Doug is glaring daggers at the photographer, and looks angry. Kind of a disturbing pic for a wedding shoot frankly. 

Link? (If ok to post here, that is)

I was going to ask the same.  Don't these weddings go on forever with a lot of emphasis on patriarchal blathering?  However, these may be photos staged by the photographer. 

Wishing the couple every happiness.  They do look in love.  No pics of Spanky and the new missus?

The post-wedding family photo is indeed a contrast to earlier family photos, especially those from the VF era:

Phillips-Family-Photo-1024x482.jpg

Spoiler

38680_144842442199062_100000199220935_414365_1090252_n.jpg

15235746_1465957970098162_8991182747202450197_o.jpg

Just now, joyfulmomto3 said:

Can you tell who the officiant is?

Looks like it could be RC Sproul Sr -- Spanky's father & Delany's grandfather.

It's so completely obvious they're separated that it's becoming almost comical that neither are addressing it. 

This is one of the many reasons why I don't think it's a good idea to put your personal life online. Like with bloggers and other fundies with an online presence, they talk endlessly about themselves and their lives. So people tend to expect that with all major life happenings, they would also mention a separation. So it ends up being a Mt Rushmore sized elephant in he room, like in these pictures. 

I often want to tell all the people who post tons of details of their daily lives all over the Internet that they may want to keep some things private in the future. And that's very hard when you have followers that already know so much about your life. They can see when something is up. They can see when you're acting strange or suspicious. People think they can hide things online easier than IRL, but it's not true. 

We see you Doug. Sometimes even online absense can speak volumes. 

1 hour ago, Howl said:

They do look in love. 

They do, but JTits also seems the most Doug-like in his ability to project whatever mood he deems useful at the moment.

Justice seems to be going his own way, and I hold out hope for some of the girls, but JT's life plan doesn't seem much altered from the days before Tool O'Ween, except that his rightful place as Crown Prince of Vision Forum has been snatched away, so he had to find another dynasty to leech off of marry into.

They're not even trying to pretend anymore. Happily married couples don't need to keep a four-person barrier between them. 

But the fact that Beall won't admit that anything's the matter, that she just continues to lie about people conspiring against them, that she blames everyone but herself and her husband for his sexual and religious abuse... tells me she deserves him.

I follow a blog called The Life and Times of Bruce Gerencser: One Man's Journey From Eternity to Here  

Bruce was an Independent Fundamentalist Baptist Church preacher who left the ministry in 2005 and totally bailed out of Christianity in 2008.  He's now a progressive humanist and atheist, who lives in the heart of conservative Ohio.   It's an interesting perspective.  What's more fascinating is that his wife, who is the daughter of a preacher, began having similar doubts about faith and religion at the same time he did. They journeyed out of fundamentalism together and their marriage is still strong.  

When I look at Beall and Doug, I see one person who has journeyed away from the faith that he professed and demanded of his wife -- that's all in the rear-view mirror -- but I sense that Beall is still a strong believer.  Of all the crap that's gone down with DPIAT, the biggest betrayal may be his 180 on what was once their shared faith and the beliefs that formed the basis for their marriage and family life.  Hard to know where all his kids stand on faith and religion at this point, although I guess it's pretty clear for Josh.  To be a fly on the wall when those two discuss their fathers' picadillos. 

11 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

Sam Turley looks an awful lot like Doug. :pb_eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that! I can't keep all the kids straight so when I first saw that picture, I totally thought he was one of dpiat's sons and looked almost as smug as his dad. Then people started saying he was a Turley and I went :pb_confused:

9 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

He's either at a joyful family reunion or he just smelled a fart. Hard to tell. 

That positioning of the parents is just how I’ve seen it done in families where the parents are divorced. 

Min surevits done in famikuescwhere oarentscarntbduviced, but for sure the other way.

And byyyy thecway, Doug looks kinda measly and dowdy, don’t he? I’m loving it.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived