IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/9/2017 at 4:42 PM, hoipolloi said:

IIRC, the dancing was very stylized with minimal touching. No idea if the folks in the linked example are/were VF leghumpers, but their Code of Conduct is very familiar.

Old style country dancing involves almost no body contact and it's such fun. It gives me such mixed feelings to see reports of extremists dancing old time. On one hand, YES!-- it keeps the art form alive!

On the other hand - extremists, off my lawn!!! 

18 hours ago, bea said:

Gotta wonder how Beall feels about the girls visiting their dad and him whisking them out to jazz hipster dances and to..uh...perform outside theaters? Actually, now that I think of it, Beall has bugger all to do. No job, kids are homeschooled, older kids at home. Why isn't SHE visting DPIAT? Even with the kids, but she could get away for a weekend and see her husband.

The must-not-admit-separation denial must be hard to keep up. There's Beall on social media talking about cheese and her kids and being married and turning 50. Then there's Dougie on FB being a single, aging, vaguely creepy producer/cameraman touring with a Eurotrash burlesque show.
How the HELL did the first family of Vision Forum get from there to here in a few years?

The kids have been "performing"---at least, the photogenic ones have -- since they were little in various VF videos, catalog shoots, Christian [Sic] Film Awards ceremonies, etc.  There's the ubercreepy operatic duet by Phil Douglas Phillips and a daughter, a daughter bursting into song on a European square with no apparent audience among the diners and passers-by around her and absolutely NO acknowledgement of the performance, etc etc....

If I knew how to get strike-through on my iPhone I'd delete "vaguely" before "creepy" and fix that for you....

And how the VF royalty went from "royal" to street performers in a few years....it's because that's what Phil Douglas Phillips wanted to do, both times. No, I can't read the poor-excuse's mind nor heart, but it's plain that his life has been spent in pursuit of attention and the easy buck.  Spouse, slave-labor nanny and children be damned.  He'll do it HIS way, ALL for his own satisfaction.

Despicable wretch.

I'm very curious if the upcoming and much lauded 50th birthday will be acknowledged by the Tool. He certainly made sure to aknowledge some dancing girl's birthday. Heck, he made a tribute. Their anniversary has passed without  a peep from either one of them. 

2 hours ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Their anniversary has passed without  a peep from either one of them. 

Well, there was the  picture of a broken down bicycle built for two.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:52 AM, RebelliousEscapee said:

What was more often encouraged, though, was to dance with different people every dance. This was partly to help ensure that everyone got a chance to dance, but also to avoid letting two singles pair off for too long.

Etiquette according to Jane Austen.  Mr Darcy got called a snob for only dancing with members his own party at the town ball, and it was very rude to dance more than twice with the same person.

8 minutes ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Well, there was the  picture of a broken down bicycle built for two.

A picture is worth a thousand words ...

Re: Faith's age, Beall wished her a happy 17th birthday on January 14th of this year

And it looks like Honor (I think?) went to NY with Faith

Spoiler

31 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Re: Faith's age, Beall wished her a happy 17th birthday on January 14th of this year

Thank you so much for finding that.  I knew I had seen it somewhere.

Now I want to wash the spackle off that 17 year old's face.  She doesn't need that much make-up and it certainly ages her.

31 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

And it looks like Honor (I think?) went to NY with Faith

I can't tell the younger boys apart either unless they are side by side.  But why is whoever wearing a coordinating yellow sweater.   More cosplay.

I can't help wondering whether this NY trip is Doug's visitation with (some of) the minor children during an official separation and pending a divorce.  

Liberty and Jubilee are over 18 and could opt out of seeing the Tool.

Are the TX court dockets public? In Cook County, they are, so it's a matter of public record to see who's filed for divorce. Or separation. Though I don't see what benefit there would be in divorce for either of them - Beall would have to admit that Doug ditched her and the kids, Doug would have to pay alimony and child support through the courts, the kids would have DIVORCED PARENTS OMG.

Faith needs to wash her damn face. I'm 44 and I don't wear that much makeup to formal events when I've got an evening gown on, FFS. That's stage makeup, you're not supposed to be walking around looking like that.

29 minutes ago, bea said:

Faith needs to wash her damn face. I'm 44 and I don't wear that much makeup to formal events when I've got an evening gown on, FFS. That's stage makeup, you're not supposed to be walking around looking like that.

SHE looks at least 44 in that pic! My daughter is nearly 39, wears very little makeup, and looks decades younger than that. (My daughter does a lot of community theater, and regularly gets cast as characters in their 20s, so it's not just my opinion.)

4 hours ago, bea said:

Though I don't see what benefit there would be in divorce for either of them - Beall would have to admit that Doug ditched her and the kids, Doug would have to pay alimony and child support through the courts, the kids would have DIVORCED PARENTS OMG.

I don't think they would officially divorce except under the most extreme circumstances. 

I was thinking the same about the stage make up. It makes her look 40. At least it's tasteful and done well. Or at least I find it more pleasing than the Rodrigues girls. But too much for everyday wear imo. But maybe she doesn't wear it all the time. She was cosplaying and being filmed. 

I think she might have had acne like Justice too. So maybe to help cover. Brad Phillips-Doug's brother had acne scars. 

There is something off about all that dramatic persona  

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't tell the younger boys apart either unless they are side by side.  But why is whoever wearing a coordinating yellow sweater.   More cosplay.

I'm fairly sure it's Honor in the pic-within-a-pic post (with Faith in the zigzag dress), but I can't for the life of me tell which brother is in the yellow sweater, that could be Providence. If both the boys were there it lends credence to the theory that the minor children were visiting their tool of an absentee father.

At risk of spamming the forum with another Instagram link (sorry about the earlier etiquette breach) she mentions having a "manager at work" in this post:

Spoiler

So I guess it's possible the older girls do have jobs.

On 9/2/2017 at 4:06 PM, bea said:

And the funny part is that there is absolutely nothing preventing charities from offering help. Nothing. Yet these "personal choice" douchewaffles want us to believe that if only the government would stop helping people, the religious groups would step in. They don't seem to notice that if the charities were doing such a great job, no one would need help from the government.

exactly, so much this!

OK, I know I'm gonna sound a bit judgey...

1. Faith is a very pretty girl (and I say girl because she's underage... 17 is a baby by my standards).  She wears a lot of makeup.  Even by 1940's standards she is very heavily made up - this would not have been the look of an uber-modest churchgoing wartime girl.  Good on her if she likes that, but I suspect a lot of this is influenced by her VF upbringing.  It makes her look way, way older than her age (as others have noted). 

2. Her nails.  Beall, bring your daughter to a proper manicurist.  She has lovely hands from afar, but that close-up - yeesh!  The lumpy enamel?  The unfinished and wobbly edges?  The weirdly different lengths/shapes of each nail?  I am pretty obsessive about my nails - before anyone asks, mine are (usually) natural nails but buffed and shaped at home - and I would not describe Eva's hand as creepy, just really lazily groomed.  I wonder why Evangeline didn't get rid of the terribly applied polish for the coin picture, since Dougie seems pretty obsessed with ladies' outward appearance and Eva clearly spent a lot of time on the rest of her "look."  

10 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

I might be missing something but the picture with the vintage car is old. Beall said she was going through old photos pulling it. 

I was missing something.  Now see the "yellow" pictures.  Definitely Honor with Eva and he and she are definitely favoring the Phillips side of the family in looks and affections.   Honor looks much like Samuel Phillips did when he was younger.  I notice that the "mater" had NO comments on these photos.

16 hours ago, bea said:

Though I don't see what benefit there would be in divorce for either of them

I tend to agree with this.  Out of interest, though, I went and checked our old familiar online case records at Bexar County court.  (Seems like marital issues would be pursued in Durango now though). Anyway, I found it curious that someone in Madeira Beach, Florida sought a CD copy of the whole case file.  Wondering if that is a FJ friend? (That's why I'm not identifying further), or a background check for DPIABRT or JTits or something else?  It looks like it was requested last June and not sent out until November.  Just wondering.

I was bored and looking through the Bowers family blog (they are the ones who recently married into the Bontrager family in a double wedding). There is an old picture of the parents going to the funeral of Doug's dad. I guess Doug's dad and Ma Bowers's dad were longtime friends. 

When I see old stuff like this, I can't help but wonder what these fundies think about of Doug these days. I imagine they must hear something from other fundies. I would love to read their minds because I know they won't come out and say exactly what they think, lol.

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I see old stuff like this, I can't help but wonder what these fundies think about of Doug these days. I imagine they must hear something from other fundies. I would love to read their minds because I know they won't come out and say exactly what they think, lol.

I suspect many still observe the VF "mustn't gossip"  never ever speak truth about power rule. 

3 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Does anyone know the connection to the person she gave the photo credit to in the jazz lawn party post? https://www.jillpaice.com/ she appears to be aNYC actress.

If not a connection of DPIART's my guess would be that Jill Paice is connected to another of Doug's sisters, Jennifer Phillips, who, IIRC, lives in NYC. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived