IGNORED

Where in the World Is Doug Philips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 6: With the Gyrating Flesh

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Does anyone know the connection to the person she gave the photo credit to in the jazz lawn party post? https://www.jillpaice.com/ she appears to be aNYC actress.

Or no connection at all until the lawn party and in Doug Phillips-esque fashion a la les Europeens, a newly made, quickly made "friend."

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if the old-school fundies do FB, IG, etc. Some of the younger ones, sure, but he's using a fake name. If they don't have our mad detection skillz (like.....looking stuff up), are they going to SEE the sketchy shit? Faith or Eva or Spackle Girl keeps that IG lily white, no hint of scandal or dad or mom.

4 hours ago, bea said:

I don't know if the old-school fundies do FB, IG, etc. Some of the younger ones, sure, but he's using a fake name. If they don't have our mad detection skillz (like.....looking stuff up), are they going to SEE the sketchy shit? Faith or Eva or Spackle Girl keeps that IG lily white, no hint of scandal or dad or mom.

Faith, or what ever her name is, sewingtreble on IG, is following Florence Agrati, so she sees and knows what Pops the Tool is up to. 

Yup, she also credits @scenesfromabeautifulworld for one of the photos of her and Jubilee, though she doesn't mention that it's her father's account. Beall, and at least the older kids must know what he's up to.

There has GOT to be gossip about it going 'round the fundie circles as well. The only thing I can think of is that no one wants to talk about it, even to condemn Doug, (or Monsieur Philippe L'outil, or whatever he's calling himself today) because no one wants to admit they were taken in by such an obvious charlatan.  And the few who have come out against him (like BRADRICK!) didn't seem to get much public support.

Peter Bradrick has a lot of whackadoodle fundie ideas, but I do respect him for confronting Doug - his mentor and boss - denouncing his actions, and making a public FB post about the situation. And I hate to think of how painful it was for Doug to call him and the others "destroyers" and refuse to admit his guilt. Major parts of Peter's life came tumbling down during that time.

6 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Ohhhhhhh. We have been so wrong here. It is a SCRIPT on RUGBY he's been writing. I don't know WHY we couldn't see past the buttocks for the ball. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=509086746100668&id=100009980410374&ref=content_filter

On the one hand, I find that idea incredibly interesting! I used to play rugby, and it always bothered me that rugby wasn't an Olympic sport.

On the other hand, it's DPIAT, which makes me completely disinterested in his script.

6 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Ohhhhhhh. We have been so wrong here. It is a SCRIPT on RUGBY he's been writing. I don't know WHY we couldn't see past the buttocks for the ball. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=509086746100668&id=100009980410374&ref=content_filter

Phil Phil Phil. . .when will you know we have had our fill fill fill 

3 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

On the one hand, I find that idea incredibly interesting! I used to play rugby, and it always bothered me that rugby wasn't an Olympic sport.

I admit to watching only a brief part of a rugby match, but DAYUM, it's so much more brutal and faster moving than soccer or (American) football, so it has the potential to be very telegenic in the Olympics.  SCRUM! 

8 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

On the other hand, it's DPIAT, which makes me completely disinterested in his script.

I find it a strange choice for a script, especially as Doug never struck me as a sporty type.  Perhaps his veterans scripts weren't working out.

4 hours ago, Howl said:

but DAYUM, it's so much more brutal and faster moving than soccer or (American) football,

Much faster moving than American Football certainly.  No long breaks as players come on and off the field.  Brutal - yeah.  It especially looks that way because players don't wear protective clothing.  But there seems to be fewer head injuries in Rugby, possibly because they don't wear helmets.  It sounds counter-intuitive but that is apparently true.   https://www.theguardian.com/sport/shortcuts/2013/jan/28/american-football-rugby-more-dangerous

@KnittingOwl, did you play Rugby League or Rugby Union? And which is going to be in the next Olympics? I vaguely remember there is a difference - but all I know is that Rugby Union has more rules and Rugby League is more geared towards being interesting for spectators.

I'm afraid I'd rather watch tennis.  Or even cricket if there is plenty of Pimms supplied. :D

14 hours ago, Quinquagenarian said:

Any chance of a screen snip? (asked She Who Has Been Blocked By The Tool...)

Please and thank you!

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

especially as Doug never struck me as a sporty type

He might have briefly played Soccer in high school, but someone who could access early 1980's Langley High School yearbooks could ferret that out. 

And Pimms! Oh yes!!

Rugby, eh? Wouldn't have anything to do with heaving, muscular manly bodies writhing together in a scrum, would it?

Nah. Can't be.

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

@KnittingOwl, did you play Rugby League or Rugby Union? And which is going to be in the next Olympics? I vaguely remember there is a difference - but all I know is that Rugby Union has more rules and Rugby League is more geared towards being interesting for spectators.

I'm afraid I'd rather watch tennis.  Or even cricket if there is plenty of Pimms supplied. :D

We played Rugby Union.  For full squads, there were 15 per team and 40 minute halves.  There's also a variant called "Sevens" with 7 players per team and 7 minute halves that is really popular for tournaments.  Sevens is a little crazy to watch.  That's what will be in the next OIympics.

As far as injuries, the most common are huge bruises, especially on your thighs (ugh) if you are a back like I was.  People in the second row of the scrum often tape down their ears to prevent tearing.  I've seen a few women leave to get stitches - often above their eyebrows from accidental contact.  In my three years playing in HS, I don't know anyone who got a concussion.  The absolute worst injury was a dislocated hip because the player was tackled with the ball under her hip joint and caused the hip to pop out backwards.  Rugby players also tend to tackle at the hips rather than higher, which helps avoid things like horse collars and other bad tackles you see in football.  No one is going head first into another player unless you don't value your own skull.

25 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

The absolute worst injury was a dislocated hip because the player was tackled with the ball under her hip joint and caused the hip to pop out backwards.

Ouch!  Thanks for the info.  It confirms my belief that rugby is actually a safer sport.  It just looks more brutal than American football.

Mind you, I was the kid who was always picked last for any team and would come home from netball (a "ladylike" version of basketball) with huge bruises and frequent black eyes!  SO much for no contact sports. :)

I can't imagine Doug playing soccer.  I can see him taking fencing lessons.

1 minute ago, Palimpsest said:

I can see him taking fencing lessons.

He did along with his two oldest sons. He used to post photos & videos from their lessons.

So I wonder if Doug's roaring 20s themed screenplay had anything to do with Faith branching out beyond WWII era cosplay and developing an Annette Hanshaw impression.

^ I'm not snarking on it, I actually thought it was cute, but the flapper shtick seems quite a shift from Operation Meatball...

Although these girls are not getting a formal education, I see it as an immense  positive that they know how to present themselves well and speak to the camera in complete sentences.  This is not a small thing for future success if they end up having to go out and make their respective ways in the world.  I wish they were in their second week of classes at Fort Lewis College, the local state college in Durango. 

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Although these girls are not getting a formal education, I see it as an immense  positive that they know how to present themselves well and speak to the camera in complete sentences.  

They were raised to be actors from the moment they were born, if you think about it. They were little actors whose only job was selling Vision Forum (as opposed to, oh I don't know, Jesus Christ?). 

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

So I wonder if Doug's roaring 20s themed screenplay had anything to do with Faith branching out beyond WWII era cosplay and developing an Annette Hanshaw impression.

Maybe. When I first saw that --and long before the recent trip to NY I thought it was some weird way of trying to connect with him. I think she did another one called "We Just Couldn't Say Goodbye" that struck me that way 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived