IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

On 10/22/2017 at 2:54 PM, Dandruff said:

A bit OT, but I imagine the Waller kids are going to be top-echelon fundie royalty marriage prospects in 15-20 years.  Maybe a little less so if ATI is sunk by then.  Are there going to be enough other families to keep their traditions going?  Chad and Erin's kids already combine two fundie royalty families...so they obviously can't marry a Bates or a Paine.  Duggars and Kellers have mixed with the M-kids, Daniel Staddon married Kathryn Neely and they have a child, and I'm sure there are some pairings that I can't think of at the moment.

On 10/22/2017 at 9:20 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I think Derrick Waller married a Wilkes daughter, and they, too, have a child (son?).

Derrick Waller married Jennifer Wilkes, they have a daughter Adalynn. Nothing has been said publicly but I found a baby registry that I think might be her, in which case #2 was due this month.

Don't forget the Derrick and Jennifer are part of the wreath connecting David Waller and Robert Staddon. David Waller's brother, Derrick is married to Jennie Wilkes, who is Matthew Wilkes' sister, and Matthew is married to Amanda Neely, who is Kathryn Neely's sister, and Kathryn is now married to Daniel Staddon, who is Robert Staddon's brother. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering when we would see some pictures of the Wallers and Staddons since David and Robert are BFFs living in the same state. 

Davia's fake smile kills me! 

I want to add, I really appreciate that these fundies still do something fun on Halloween. I know David still passes out tracts to unsuspecting trick or treaters (eyeroll), but at least his kids aren't missing out on fun. I admit that I've always felt bad for the kids who aren't allowed to trick or treat and have to look out their window watching all the kids have fun. I've seen it happen in our neighborhood and I feel a little bad for them and hope their parents do something else fun instead. It's hard when you can literally see the fun activity out your window (compared to other holiday activities that often take place in homes). 

Regarding Priscilla as a homeschool teacher: I am a bit optimistic that she might be better than we think. Here's why. 

My son's second grade teacher was a lot like Priscilla; and she was in her forties at the time.  She talked in a child like sing song voice. I used to say she dripped with sugar. At the Meet the Teacher Night that year, I remember being a little taken aback by this grown woman who talked like this. I remember telling my husband I felt like we were in a bad Saturday Night Live Skit. 

Well, not only did she turn out to be one of the best teachers our kids had; she turned out to be one of the kindest. She had the kids study the classic artists and classical musicians. She made history and science come to life for these kids. That was the year my son had his tonsils removed right before Christmas break. She called our home and said she ad already cleared it with the principal for our son to attend the class Christmas party even though he was medically excused until the New Year. She was so invested in these kids and they loved her and learned from her. To this day, when I see her in the community, she asks about my kids by name and they are 23 and 26.  

Granted, she had a college degree and I am not sure of Priscilla's education (Didn't Anna receive some education beyond the homeschooling?); but hiding behind that bizarre sugary mannerism was a very smart and efficient teacher. Maybe, just maybe, Priscilla has that going for her. 

Anyway, I guess we can hope. She at least seems to love and enjoy her children and will make schooling a pleasant thing for them, I think. 

I think Pris will do well with elementary education. But I really hope she hires a tutor for Jr High and High school subjects. I doubt she is educated enough for that.

I hope that Priscilla and Kendalyn Staddon (dashed hopes for med school) share homeschooling.  I think Priscilla would be wonderful with the little kids, while Kendalyn would be probably be better suited for the more advanced stuff.

3 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I hope that Priscilla and Kendalyn Staddon (dashed hopes for med school) share homeschooling.  I think Priscilla would be wonderful with the little kids, while Kendalyn would be probably be better suited for the more advanced stuff.

I don't know why more fundies don't do more with local homeschooling groups. I guess it's hard to find your exact brand of fundie. You don't want your kids learning about other religions. 

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

faab1e349a53860100ee7b00c02f0996.jpg
From their Instagram story. Poor Philip is smothered by Pris’ hair.

TFDW is the only male wearing a tie.  I wonder if he wears one to bed.

15 minutes ago, gustava said:

Since he wore one while water-skiing, I wouldn't be surprised.

20 minutes ago, gustava said:

That's all he wears :kitty-wink:

Ok I just made myself gag. I'll see myself out. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:
Thank you 4 our house? Huh? Is she thanking God or David? 

Ohhhhh! This whole time I thought it said Thank You Your Home and I was really confused!

Was that dinner or just what my grandma calls "relish"? 

Maybe David has suit pajamas like barney in how i met your mother. 

My kids dentist is this tiny woman with a sugary sweet sing song baby voice. Its odd having a conversation with her as an adult but the kids adore her. She is such a fun and effective dentist. Our visits, even with a child with Autism are a relaxing pleasant experience. Its uncanny. She just puts kids at ease and they adore her. My sister still goes to her and shes 21.

I like Paul's painting.  I see a huge guy with a frowning green head approaching on the left, and little people on the roof.

I'm trying very hard to not comment on Priscilla's painting.

2 hours ago, MsSaylor said:

Was that dinner or just what my grandma calls "relish"? 

It looks like the results of what my MIL called a "relish tray."  Apparently they like what they call exotic foods for their Daniel meal but I hope they got more than that.

I was just catching up on the rest of the Wallers.  So many of them are working directly for IBLP, although Pecan is still the biggest star. 

Adam and Valerie moved to Big Sandy last year and he works in the IT department.  Samuel is also in TX and is an "Administrative Assistant & Communications Coordinator" for David on the traveling dog and pony show  Family Conference circuit.  Rebecca "serves as David’s right-hand lady in the office."  

Sarah seems to be working with Pa Keller's prison ministry in FL and Lydia is on staff at In the Gap in Oklahoma City.  Other IBLP spin-offs although they won't admit it publicly.

If IBLP finally goes under more than half the Waller family will sink with it.

10 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

If IBLP finally goes under more than half the Waller family will sink with it.

I've thought about this and my only concern is for the under 18 kids. David's single adult siblings can manage. They can find some other job and will be fine. But the men who have to support growing families on one income will scramble. And the poor kids will suffer for it :(

On 10/23/2017 at 10:54 PM, Bethella said:

Derrick Waller married Jennifer Wilkes, they have a daughter Adalynn. Nothing has been said publicly but I found a baby registry that I think might be her, in which case #2 was due this month.

Don't forget the Derrick and Jennifer are part of the wreath connecting David Waller and Robert Staddon. David Waller's brother, Derrick is married to Jennie Wilkes, who is Matthew Wilkes' sister, and Matthew is married to Amanda Neely, who is Kathryn Neely's sister, and Kathryn is now married to Daniel Staddon, who is Robert Staddon's brother. 

Fundieland is an unusually small world....

12 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Fundieland is an unusually small world....

I think this is very true. Although I think some fundies may prefer not to marry into the families they grew up with. Like the Duggars never marrying into the Bates, Wilson, or Query families. I can't blame them either. When you grow up close to another family it feels a little like they are family. Like the kids are your cousins or something. Its not completely impossible for a Bates to marry a Duggar, but I doubt it will ever happen. 

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Paul picks roses for Pris. Which is super cute

Most rose stems have thorns.  Even those that don't are probably a bit much for the fingers of a small boy to cut.

13 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

A rather odd Veteran's Day post from David. I just don't know what to say. 

I don't find it odd at all.  He thanks someone for taking the photo.  He misses his grandfather, who was in service but came home alive, but recognizes that many soldiers came home dead, so their families have the greater loss.

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived