IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

Hey, there actually is a "dress shoes" section on the Crocs website! http://www.crocs.com/c/shop-by/style/dress-shoes

I have to be honest, I'd wear those sparkly flip flops and the little girl minnie mouse ones are adorable.  Put real shoes on Josh.  His shoes match his soul.  UGLY.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Beermeet, I'd wear those Minnie ones to Disney World if they had my size....although a child's 3 is supposed to be equivalent to a woman's 5.  I'm not sure I'm a 5 anymore after babies.  

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@Beermeet, I'd wear those Minnie ones to Disney World if they had my size....although a child's 3 is supposed to be equivalent to a woman's 5.  I'm not sure I'm a 5 anymore after babies.  

Me too!  I'd need an 8 though.  It's weird how feet grow after pregnancy huh?  Happened to me too.

30 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Me too!  I'd need an 8 though.  It's weird how feet grow after pregnancy huh?  Happened to me too.

I'm now an 11 thanks to pregnancy. Enormous shoes are harder to find. :my_cry:

I don't have kids and my feet are a 9, and have been since I was about 16 and I am now 37. I also have wide feet and I have to wear men socks because women’s socks are to narrow for me. 

So are the teeny ones, @JermajestyDuggar.  It's hard to find women's shoes smaller than a 7.  And wide sizes are damn near impossible!  I swear I have feet like Daisy Duck with wide forefeet.  No wonder I always loved Daisy!  She's one of my fave Disney characters along with Pluto and Eeyore.

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm now an 11 thanks to pregnancy. Enormous shoes are harder to find. :my_cry:

I'm still a size 10 after 2 full term pregnancies, but I need a wide width more than I did in my youth.

I'm not allowed to complain to my mom, sister, or nieces about having a hard time finding shoes, though. I have the smallest feet in my family, unless you count my 6 year old and my 9 year old. The next smallest feet are my dad's and my husband's. My mom passed on some genes for big feet. :my_biggrin:

Try being a women's size 14/15. ;)

It's actually not so bad since I'm happy to just wear men's shoes. If I wanted women's shoes I'd have to use a specialty internet store since it is literally impossible to find that size in stores.

56 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Try being a women's size 14/15. ;)

Yep, that makes a difference vs. size 10, doesn't it? I'm not sure if my mom is a size 13, or if she needs larger these days. She mostly wears men's New Balance sneakers, partly because of the size issue. She also has to have one shoe lifted 1/2 inch (I think?), so every pair of shoes she buys costs her an extra $60-$80 to get one modified. She wears her white sneakers in the summer and her black ones in the winter. Every so often, she can wear a pair of simple flats for a short time, and she has some boots for snow.

I remember that finding dress shoes for my wedding was a pain for her.  Many of the catalogs or websites with ladies' dress shoes in her size marketed to a different clientele than retired schoolteachers.

If I'm getting something like sneakers, I shop in the men's section. That way I don't have to look for wide width. Plus, 8 1/2 sounds so much smaller than 10! :pb_lol:

9 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

So are the teeny ones, @JermajestyDuggar.  It's hard to find women's shoes smaller than a 7.  And wide sizes are damn near impossible!  I swear I have feet like Daisy Duck with wide forefeet.  No wonder I always loved Daisy!  She's one of my fave Disney characters along with Pluto and Eeyore.

Fellow wide and teeny here! (Am I allowed to say that?  :56247957a2c7b_32(17):) I'm a size 5, but usually have to size up because they are so wide. 

7 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I remember that finding dress shoes for my wedding was a pain for her.  Many of the catalogs or websites with ladies' dress shoes in her size marketed to a different clientele than retired schoolteachers.

When I read this I thought of the movie Kinky Boots - is that the clientele you were referring to? In case you haven't seen it, it's about a failing shoe factory that changes its focus to the needs of cross dressers.

12 hours ago, Beermeet said:

They do?! Dammit, my feet are already disproportionately large to my height.

I've been a 9w since I was 11 years old, no change through two pregnancies. My left foot is slightly larger than my right, enough so that the 9w is a tight fit, but not enough to go up a half size. 

Fun fact - many boot makers evidently think that women with wide feet also have wide calves. Now that I don't need wide-calf boots anymore (lost 30 lbs since August- diabetes is a great motivator :my_dodgy:), I still had to get them when hubby bought me riding boots for Christmas, because all the wide-foot size boots I found are also wide-calf, and the regular sizes are too tight on my feet. 
And @StacyW that was y thought, too. I LOVE Kinky Boots!

4 hours ago, FeministShrew said:

I still had to get them when hubby bought me riding boots for Christmas,

What kind of riding do you do? My tall dressage boots sometimes zip up all the way and sometimes don't - didn't realize my calves were expandable.

I went from a 6 1/2 to an 8 in shoe size after having kids.  I now have the biggest feet of the women in my family.  My mom and sister like to mention it as though I've grown giant warts on my nose.  They happen to think little equals good in all things regarding a woman's size.  *sigh*

Somebody once told me that the same hormones that make pelvic bones spread during pregnancy also make the bones in the feet spread, thus the increase in shoe size. Anybody else ever hear that before? 

46 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Somebody once told me that the same hormones that make pelvic bones spread during pregnancy also make the bones in the feet spread, thus the increase in shoe size. Anybody else ever hear that before? 

That's correct, the hormone that loosens ligaments around the pelvis, relaxin, also influences the ligaments in the feet. So not only the pelvic bones get 'wider' (more spread apart), also the bones in the feet.

11 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

That's correct, the hormone that loosens ligaments around the pelvis, relaxin, also influences the ligaments in the feet. So not only the pelvic bones get 'wider' (more spread apart), also the bones in the feet.

My body didn't get that memo. I stayed a size 6 (womens) through all 3 full-term pregnancies. Some stores start at size 6.5. But I can't complain because I can always order in-store and get them in the store and return them if needed. Without extra costs. 

My Nana was a uk size 7, ( European 41). Large for her age group. I'm the same, normal for my age group. She used to tell me that when you are tall (she was, I am) you need larger feet so as not to blow over in a strong wind. 

I'm in my mid-50's and it seems to me that both people and their feet have gotten larger over the last few decades.  I remember having no trouble finding size 6 1/2 - 7 shoes (depending on the brand) back in the late 70's and 80's.  Seemed pretty average.  My feet are less than a size larger now but seem a bit smaller than average.

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I went from a 6 1/2 to an 8 in shoe size after having kids.  I now have the biggest feet of the women in my family.  My mom and sister like to mention it as though I've grown giant warts on my nose.  They happen to think little equals good in all things regarding a woman's size.  *sigh*

Did not hear that too now.  I went from U.S. size 7.5 (women's) to 8.5, then 9 or 9.5 depending on the brand.  It really was a bummer initially, as I didn't have a lot of extra money when my kid was born.  Having to buy new shoes really stunk.

I'm another girl with big feet :-) (US 10w) and I really really hope my feet don't get any bigger if I ever get pregnant. Though I do hope that I get the curly hair my mother got after she had children and get as skinny as her ;-) ;-)

2 hours ago, adidas said:

My friend hand these and I’m only a tiny bit embarrassed to admit that I think they’re really cute. 

https://www.amazon.com/Crocs-Womens-Leigh-Leather-Slingback/dp/B005CMQZBY

I'd probably never wear this kind of shoes, but they are cute and I had to look twice to realize that they were Crocs.

I have to admit that I have a pair or Crocs and love to wear them at my parents house. Going out with the dog really quick or grabbing some new booze from the garage makes it a lot easier with them. You just slip into them and can go outside. I would never wear them while really going out. Although my parents do. My step-dad walked three days through Paris in bright green Crocs. I bet nobody could tell we were tourists. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived