IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/8/2017 at 10:36 PM, Carm_88 said:

Pecan Thief turns 31!

Oh for real???? I thought he was way older. They were younger than I thought when they got married. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Carm_88 said:
Philip is proud of the mess he made! :P 

Not yet aware of his sinful nature , give it a few more months . And in 20 years he'll write about it in the "Philip's story" part of the Philip loves XY blog .

9 hours ago, habert said:

Oh for real???? I thought he was way older. They were younger than I thought when they got married. 

They were a little older than the typical fundies getting married. But they were the average age for your average American couple getting married for the first time. Which was around 26/27 I believe. 

Poor Paul seems to be David Jr. He seems to be the "good big brother" who does what he's told and always smiles so sweetly for the camera. Davia and Phillip are not, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

For a four year old he did a good job. I'd much rather listen to Paul's version than the Maxwells' version.

Even though these two are some of the fundiest of them all, they just don't bother me as much as say, Derrick does. I can't quite put my finger on why tho. 

They don't seem so interested in focusing on other people's sins. That's why they seem OK to me. I could relax around them. I think it's a lack of intelligence (they miss a lot of sins) combined with general good nature.

9 minutes ago, Hisey said:

They don't seem so interested in focusing on other people's sins. That's why they seem OK to me. I could relax around them. I think it's a lack of intelligence (they miss a lot of sins) combined with general good nature.

I hate the Christians that are constantly pointing out every single sin that has zero affect on them and their lives. I know the Wallers have heinous beliefs and spread them within the cult and do many horrid things, but I can't hate on them for what they post on social media. That's their one area where they aren't incredibly horrible. And they actually take care of their kids. 

2 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Even though these two are some of the fundiest of them all, they just don't bother me as much as say, Derrick does. I can't quite put my finger on why tho. 

I feel the the same way. I think for me it probably has to do with fact that David and Priscilla were raised this way and Derrick choice to become the way that he is. 

3 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

I think it's because despite knowing how fundie they are, they don't shove it in your face. Priscilla and David actually do seem to genuinely care about their kids, they take time to be a #family. As much as I make fun of them for that. 

4 hours ago, BadMurphy said:

Priscilla and David, IMO, don't come across as focused on grifting and grandstanding.  I also don't worry about their kids being neglected/mistreated.

6 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Priscilla and David, IMO, don't come across as focused on grifting and grandstanding.  I also don't worry about their kids being neglected/mistreated.

David's a total ass.  Smug and self-righteous.  We only see him through Instagram now which is why he seems more harmless than others.

Pris does seem to be a sweetheart though and the kids seem happy and well cared for.

I think Priscilla manages to look after her children extremely well considering how much time they spend on the road with the dog and pony show.  And especially when she is within days of popping out the next little blessing.  She is a trouper, and David is an inconsiderate selfish ass.

David is already grooming Paul to be the next star of ATI.  Got to be able to face an audience.   Paul sang his special beautifully.  He's really cute even if he is Pecan's mini-me.

I kind of feel for the oldest sons in these families. The pressure must be INTENSE. And as we've seen, some crack under the pressure to be the perfect big brother/example/mini patriarch. He's basically second in command because his mom was lowly enough to be born with a vagina. And in very poor high stress households, it's got to be horrible.

ETA: and this is exactly why I think Solomon is happy to be working all the time at not yet 16 and will get married and get out of that house as soon as he can. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

ETA: and this is exactly why I think Solomon is happy to be working all the time at not yet 16 and will get married and get out of that house as soon as he can. 

And PP is never home, so the pressure on Solomon is probably that much greater.  I do worry about that boy.  

21 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

There seems to be like 5 people in attendance at that church.

It's a pretty small church and the population of Big Sandy is around 1500, so...yeah.  

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived