IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He makes Pecan look like a stroll in a Pecan field. 

Pecan grove, as they are trees.  Feel free to ignore me; I'm a retired teacher and being picky is in my DNA :giggle:

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2017 at 12:24 PM, catlady said:

my nephew once emptied the freezer onto the kitchen floor while mom was occupied with his baby brother.  he also liked to press and hold the ice dispenser without putting a cup under it.

When my now 22 (almost 23) year old niece was a tot she took all the labels off the cans in my parents house. The cabinet was at two year old level.

My daughter posted a picture on Facebook a couple of months ago with her two little daughters, 2 and almost 1, who'd gotten into some ice cream,  The girls had the biggest grins on their ice creamed smeared faces.  The two year old loves to get into the cupboards and empty them out onto the floor.  My daughter doesn't seem to mind.

Every mom to young children knows that if your children are in another room and quiet as mice, you check on them IMMEDIATELY. The last time I noticed the eerie quiet, I found my baby's face covered in Desitin Diaper cream. 

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Every mom to young children knows that if your children are in another room and quiet as mice, you check on them IMMEDIATELY. The last time I noticed the eerie quiet, I found my baby's face covered in Desitin Diaper cream. 

I dont know if you have to be a mom to human children. I get worried whenever my dogs are too quiet in a different part of the house!! 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Better the cream than the poop!  I've seen one too many blog posts about that.  

12 minutes ago, JMO said:

Better the cream than the poop!  I've seen one too many blog posts about that.  

Unfortunately we've had a lot of exploding diapers in our home so I think I've experienced something similar to the Poo Picasso's. 

Just now, JMO said:

@JermajestyDuggar my son had a week as a 2 yr old when he pooped in the tub 3/5 days.  I think I scarred him from my yelling in frustration :pb_lol:

My son also did that but didn't realize he's the one who pooped. He screamed and cried and shouted, "kitty poop! Kitty poop in da tub!" Then he was afraid to get back in because he thought the kitty would poop in the tub again :-/

I think she didn't mean unthinkable, probably "mischievous" was more along the lines of what she meant. But never / rarely reading only ATI approved books won't do wonders for your vocabulary. 

I do have a soft spot for them, they're a gorgeous family and do seem to keep themselves to themselves more so than some of the other fundies we follow (toxic beliefs notwithstanding). Although, remember that time TFDW cornered the bloke sat next to him on a long plane journey and made him take an Instagram with him when they landed about how he'd found Jesus and such? So, I expect they're much more obnoxious and unlikeable IRL. 

Davia's persistent refusal to EVER take what Pecan would consider a "nice" photo is a thing of true beauty.  It would be very easy for the Pecans to look like Stepford children, but Davia keeps it real and makes it adorable.  I'm always praying for some sort of miracle wherein David realizes how absolutely incredible Davia (and all his children) are, stops trying to shove them into a "Perfect Fundie Family" costume, and encourages them to grow up unique and precious.

It'll never happen, so my second prayer is that Davia never yields.  May she be like the farmer himself and be absolutely unwilling to let her parents steal her precious nuts, no matter how many Bible verses they throw at her!  FREE DAVIA!!!!  

Phillip looks so like Davia, much more than he looks like Paul.

Nap time must be like a little slice of heaven when you are home alone with 3 littles. Assuming everyone sleeps of course. 

I like that Paul and Davia are playing in boxes. Despite their horrible beliefs, it seems that the Pecans let the kids actually be kids, at least some of the time. I hope Davia doesn't let her spirit get crushed.

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I like that Paul and Davia are playing in boxes. Despite their horrible beliefs, it seems that the Pecans let the kids actually be kids, at least some of the time. I hope Davia doesn't let her spirit get crushed.

They do seem to have a fairly normal childhood so far (from what we've seen). 

You would never see a picture of Jill Rod's kids playing in boxes, eating homemade popsicles, and a little girl with bed head from her nap. 

20 hours ago, JMO said:

@JermajestyDuggar my son had a week as a 2 yr old when he pooped in the tub 3/5 days.  I think I scarred him from my yelling in frustration :pb_lol:

My daughter, at 2, once pooped in the tub while I was bathing with her. She was sure surprised at my reaction.

47 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You would never see a picture of Jill Rod's kids playing in boxes, eating homemade popsicles, and a little girl with bed head from her nap. 

I think JRod's children would love to have a box of their own. :( 

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I think JRod's children would love to have a box of their own. :( 

And a popsicle of their own. Or any food.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's a shame that Jill Rod has set the bar so low for all the fundies we follow. :(

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Rod kids play with boxes. They Box up Sophia!(I know what you mean but couldn't resist).

Just a couple of days ago I stood in a box I wanted to use for our paper trash. I stepped into it to make the bottom more steady. And I felt comfortable, cozy and I was at once in need of some crayons to draw me curtains, windows and a door. According to me you're never to old to play in boxes. 

34 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Rod kids play with boxes. They Box up Sophia!(I know what you mean but couldn't resist).

Omg I had forgotten about poor Sofia. That child worries me. I've never seen an ounce of emotion cross her little face. Even when put in a dark box. 

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Mmm but never outside. If the Rods kids got as dirty as Paul and Davia did, I shudder to think what Jill would do to them. Poor Rods. 

When my daughter was tiny, my mom took a cardboard carton and, with magic markers and some construction paper, made it into a "car" for her. My daughter used to put on my dad's hat, sit in the box, and "drive."

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived