IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

I was happy to see that Davia got a really pretty cake for her birthday. Someone put a lot of effort into that cake. 

I can't help it. I have a soft spot for David and Priscilla's little family because they seem to really love and enjoy their children.  Despite her little half smile, I think Davia's  parents probably showered her with love and attention on her special day.  

Three-year-olds are some of my favorite people in the whole world. I love that age.  Happy Birthday, Davia! 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Priscilla clearly wrote that post.  Besides the fact that it was very much in her voice there were NO HASHTAGS at all.  It was a sweet post though and I want that cake now.  Seriously.  Where's a bakery?? 

Goodness me.  The kids are cute and photogenic and Priscilla and Pecan seem to enjoy them, but when did this thread turn into the David 'n' Cil fan club?

Happy Birthday, Davia.  You are such a cutie.  Long may your childhood last, but I am afraid its days are numbered as Mommy and Daddy are most definitely Quiverfull.  You will be a sister-mom and changing sibling diapers before too long.

It looks as though Auntie Susannah made (or bought) that lovely cake for a combined Keller celebration in Florida in October.  The Pecans have been on the road again.

Priscilla’s sister, Susanna threw a beautiful party for not only Davia who will be turning three November 12, but also for Phillip who just turned one and for Dad Keller who also celebrated his birthday.

More of this lovely family's recent activities from their recent family update. 

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2017/11/05/family-update/

David’s work recently put on a Family Camp. The children especially enjoyed being a part of the stick horse rodeo portion.

Ah, yes.  David's work as director of ATI mostly consists of organising those Family Camps and being a main speaker.  ATI is IBLP's homeschooling branch, wherein they indoctrinate people with Gothardism:  The supremacy of the almighty penis, the submission of women, having all the children God gives you, and the glories of SAHDaughterhood. 

Lots of fun activities for the kids though, duly documented.

Just a few days into the Family Camp, we had to take a quick trip to the Waller family farm in Wisconsin due to David’s grandfather’s passing.

We were able to have a meaningful visit with him just a few weeks before his home going, but it is always hard to say good bye to one we love so much.

Many pictures of grinning Wallers at the funeral.

Grandpa Don was 91 and loved music. He loved it when the children sang to him. He loved to laugh especially when people caught his frequent puns (play on words). Most important of all the aspects of his life, he testified of a personal relationship with his Savior, Jesus Christ. He even recorded his testimony on an audio cassette, so we all could hear it for years to come.

Gotta get the God stuff in there.

On October 19, Phillip had his first birthday. We celebrated up at the farm with making the Waller family traditional birthday breakfast– Swedish pancakes.

Sweet.  Then they went directly to Florida.

David helped with a week of prison ministry down in central Florida with a group of about fifty volunteers.

Ah, yes, Papa Keller's prison ministry.  It teaches "Character" to inmates.  "Character" is Gothardism, pure and simple.  I wonder whether David shared his pecan gleaning story with them.

Davia is growing up to be quite a fun loving, happy girl. It was so much fun to see her enjoy Florida in a whole new way.

She's adorable.  Don't break her spirit.

We are so blessed to have Godly parents who love their grandchildren and teach them to love the Lord, His Word and singing. 

Apparently unGodly parents don't love their grandchildren.

Special Answer to Prayer:

On one of the evenings on our way back from prison, Priscilla and David had the opportunity to meet a very spiritually hungry family. Upon hearing that salvation is a free gift, they gladly received Christ as their personal savior. So much more to the story, but that is the short version of how God answered David and Priscilla’s prayer for God to bring Divine appoints for us to be able to share the Gospel.

And this is the short version of what David and Priscilla do with their time.  Badger people with the Gospel of Gothardism.

Let's not be mislead by pretty pictures of the Poster Family of IBLP.  Thanks.

I'm surprised the Wallers still have three (?) grown daughters at home. I figure they must come in contact with plenty of other fundies. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I'm surprised the Wallers still have three (?) grown daughters at home. I figure they must come in contact with plenty of other fundies. 

Now that I'm thinking about it... why hasn't a Staddon guy gotten together with a Waller girl? There are like 3 unmarried male Staddons and 3 unmarried female Wallers. They have all the same beliefs. They spend time together. Their families seem to get along. Just get together already! 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now that I'm thinking about it... why hasn't a Staddon guy gotten together with a Waller girl? There are like 3 unmarried male Staddons and 3 unmarried female Wallers. They have all the same beliefs. They spend time together. Their families seem to get along. Just get together already! 

If that happens they could have a triple wedding. 

51 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Oh god the picture where they both look like someone died. 

The had just lost their hand sex virginity. That's serious business. 

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, usmcmom said:

When my kids were little, I turned boxes into cars - headlights, paper plate steering wheels, etc. I cut the bottoms out, threaded my husband's ties through the sides so the kids could hang them on their shoulders (like a costume) and "drive" around the house by running. They played drive-up window and all sorts of stuff. It was a great snowy day activity. 

I don't know if I am explaining it well, but I got the idea from Barney. :content:

We gave grandwychling  the box our new chair came in.  He sat in it and looked a bit confused(but he's only 18 mos old, lol)   Wychling loved to play in any box--she used to sleep in the one our grill came in.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 2:54 PM, Dandruff said:

A bit OT, but I imagine the Waller kids are going to be top-echelon fundie royalty marriage prospects in 15-20 years.  Maybe a little less so if ATI is sunk by then.  Are there going to be enough other families to keep their traditions going?  Chad and Erin's kids already combine two fundie royalty families...so they obviously can't marry a Bates or a Paine.  Duggars and Kellers have mixed with the M-kids, Daniel Staddon married Kathryn Neely and they have a child, and I'm sure there are some pairings that I can't think of at the moment.

Plus now there will be a Bontrager-Maxwell union in December.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:51 AM, usmcmom said:

I think Davia's  parents probably showered her with love and attention on her special day.  

I don't know. I feel like if a fundie family is 'good looking', they get more of a pass than other families. 

I try to keep in mind that despite the smiling (and the FORCED smiles), these cute little kids are getting indoctrinated with nonsense, gender-forced roles, and little quality education. But that's me. *shrug*

They're ALL wolves in sheep's innocent-looking wool! :NAWAK:

4 hours ago, Ms Tilly said:

I don't know. I feel like if a fundie family is 'good looking', they get more of a pass than other families. 

I try to keep in mind that despite the smiling (and the FORCED smiles), these cute little kids are getting indoctrinated with nonsense, gender-forced roles, and little quality education. But that's me. *shrug*

They definitely are. However I can't paint all fundies with the same brush when it comes to paying attention to their children. I actually think most fundies start out giving their children a decent amount of attention when the family is small. Look at Zoo Anderson. She went out of her way to do special projects with her children when she only had 4-6 kids. They seemed to get some attention. Now that she's pregnant with #10, she does the absolute bare minimum. It's going to affect hose kids greatly (mostly the middles and youngers). 

Yes, fundies all have horrible beliefs. But I think it's rather foolish to paint them all with the exact same brush. Right now the Wallers CAN give their children adequate attention. And that should be pointed out. Because they only have 3 kids and their spacing is decent for fundies. 6 kids down the road will that be the case? Most likely not. But I think the AMOUNT of children in fundies families is a contributor to abuse and neglect. Do families with small amounts of children still abuse and neglect? Sure. But we need to recognize that the family size should directly related to parental neglect in fundie land. 

22 hours ago, sophrosyne said:

Pecan is the killer romantic!  Nothing like tepid, tossed-off engagement anniversary sentiments to jump start the hand-sex....

Pecan Cilly handsies.png

This looks like a still from a cheesy educational video about abstinence.

I want to also go a little further in the fundie thinking when it comes to the no birth control large family belief system. It's almost like the frog slowly being boiled in the hot water not realizing he's being boiled until it's too late. They don't think of the big picture. They think of each pregnancy one at a time. Jill Rod is a good example of this. When she talked about getting pregnant with #13, she talked about the other children "getting one less chicken leg." I think other fundies are guilty of this thinking as well. It's very one dimensional thinking that doesn't take into account the impact on the individual kids and the family as a whole. With such pregnancy Zoo anderson gave one thing up. Whether it was hands on science projects, hand made advent calendars, or field trips, she gave it up one by one until she is now down to the complete bare basics of parenting. With each pregnancy she may have only given up one or two things. Which makes it quite easy to reconcile having be more. But if she looks at her life with 4 children vs almost 10 children, it's a smack in each face in hat the stark contrast. Zoo justifies these things by saying hands on experiements are a waste of time and money. She tells herself minimalism is good for kids while she tosses a bunch of toys. She makes her underage children go to work while telling herself she's preparing them for adulthood. And does the same with forced sister mom's.

Sorry this is so long winded but I think it's important to talk about WHY these fundies keep having baby after baby after baby. And I think it's also important to point out the differences in smaller fundie families compared to the super large ones. 

16 hours ago, Ms Tilly said:

I beg your pardon; I was not basing my opinion on their looks. I was basing it in something much more reliable - their Instagram posts. :pb_biggrin::pb_biggrin::pb_biggrin: 

On 11/18/2017 at 10:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry this is so long winded but I think it's important to talk about WHY these fundies keep having baby after baby after baby. And I think it's also important to point out the differences in smaller fundie families compared to the super large ones. 

Good point. Hell,  even Nicole Naugler had it together in the early days when they had only a few kids, lived in a regular house, and did actual homeschooling, with school supplies and books. 

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

Good point. Hell,  even Nicole Naugler had it together in the early days when they had only a few kids, lived in a regular house, and did actual homeschooling, with school supplies and books. 

Most people can handle 3-5 kids pretty easily, it's once the 6-20th come along when the sh*t hits the fan and everything goes to the wayside. I'm sure that's also when the more serious punishments of spankings and beatings come along as well as a means to "keep control" of the herd of children. 

3 minutes ago, Justmurrayed said:

Most people can handle 3-5 kids pretty easily, it's once the 6-20th come along when the sh*t hits the fan and everything goes to the wayside. I'm sure that's also when the more serious punishments of spankings and beatings come along as well as a means to "keep control" of the herd of children. 

I would go so far as to say that some of the worst treatment of the children is rooted in having too many children. 

Neglecting emotional needs

Neglecting their education

Neglecting medical attention 

Not enough food to go around

Not enough time with the parents

More physical punishments

More safety issues 

More sister momming

^^^^are all directly related to having too many children.

On 11/18/2017 at 11:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's very one dimensional thinking that doesn't take into account the impact on the individual kids and the family as a whole.

Exactly this. It's all about the ideology and "raising soldiers for Christ", not about raising a family. So what if your kids can barely spell, have untreated speech impediments because you won't take them to speech therapy or let them talk with anyone outside the family, jump into relationships with the first person of the opposite sex who acknowledges them as an individual, haven't seen or digested a fresh vegetable in years, or have no attachment to you as a mother because their older sisters raised them while you pumped out more little blessings you can't afford to feed and don't have time to educate? At least you have a little child army to forlornly trail behind you at Costco for free attention points (because your ability to pump out kids is the only thing that's valued about you and you'll make sure your daughters are raised to believe the same) and parrot whatever homophobic shit you beat them into reciting.

I will concede that David and Priscilla have their shit together in a way that many fundie couples don't seem to, or take a while to achieve (cf. Ben and Jessa), and they seem to acknowledge that their kids are kids in a way that Jill and Derick definitely don't, but let's see how that sticks after kid #7 or so.

22 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would go so far as to say that some of the worst treatment of the children is rooted in having too many children. 

Neglecting emotional needs

Neglecting their education

Neglecting medical attention 

Not enough food to go around

Not enough time with the parents

More physical punishments

More safety issues 

More sister momming

^^^^are all directly related to having too many children.

Couldn't agree more! 

On 11/18/2017 at 9:05 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

They definitely are. However I can't paint all fundies with the same brush when it comes to paying attention to their children. I actually think most fundies start out giving their children a decent amount of attention when the family is small. Look at Zoo Anderson. She went out of her way to do special projects with her children when she only had 4-6 kids. They seemed to get some attention. Now that she's pregnant with #10, she does the absolute bare minimum. It's going to affect hose kids greatly (mostly the middles and youngers). 

Yes, fundies all have horrible beliefs. But I think it's rather foolish to paint them all with the exact same brush. Right now the Wallers CAN give their children adequate attention. And that should be pointed out. Because they only have 3 kids and their spacing is decent for fundies. 6 kids down the road will that be the case? Most likely not. But I think the AMOUNT of children in fundies families is a contributor to abuse and neglect. Do families with small amounts of children still abuse and neglect? Sure. But we need to recognize that the family size should directly related to parental neglect in fundie land. 

Wow, well worded and great points! I have four kids and had a bit of baby fever, now you even have me stopping and remembering why I wanted to be done at four.

1 hour ago, Seculardaisy said:

Wow, well worded and great points! I have four kids and had a bit of baby fever, now you even have me stopping and remembering why I wanted to be done at four.

Lol! It's funny because this topic hit me hard when I had my second. I gave all my attention to my oldest before having number 2. But then it was cut in half. It's like a pie. Each of my kids get half the pie. Which is a lot. Each of your kids get a quarter. Which is a lot. Each of Jill Rod's kids get 1/13th! That's barely a sliver of pie! 

Now I'm not saying that no one should have big families. Every family is different and often a family with seven kids can be great and the children aren't neglected while a family with 2 kids can be neglectful as hell. But these fundies are not taking control of their fertility. Which means it's likely that most of these families will have more children than they can handle. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived