IGNORED

Pris & TFDW 6: The Lookalike Family

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

It's a pretty small church and the population of Big Sandy is around 1500, so...yeah.  

How many of the population of Big Sandy are ALERT and now ATI employees?

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derrick could do so much better. He had all the possibilities an he threw them away. David and Priscilla were raised like this, lack education and may very well be sort of stupid. And they are still doing better job with their children than Derrick. At least for now, they may have hard time later, when kids start asking questions.

Well, Paul is cute! And the Pecans seem to love and care for their children. And they have decent work ethics (look at their house renovations). So they come across as way more likeable than all the grifters, even though they work for the poisonous cult!

3 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I have no idea - my guess is really not that many.  My husband's parents and sister and her family live in the area and we drive past ALERT on the way to my MIL and FIL's house.  And I always think BLECH.  ;)  It actually always looks abandoned when you drive by - never any sign of cars, people or anything going on.  

Other than Annie's Attic and the Ozarka plant, there really aren't any significant jobs to be had in that area.  Most of the people who live in the small towns like Big Sandy and others around it work in Tyler.

Why don't we ever see pictures of the Pecans and Staddons together? Don't they both live in the same area of TX now? I thought Robert and Pecan were BFFs.

58 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Why don't we ever see pictures of the Pecans and Staddons together? Don't they both live in the same area of TX now? I thought Robert and Pecan were BFFs.

They probably don’t want to create gossip.

17 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

There's also a Catholic kids' camp/retreat center there. Not much else!

(I always imagine the ATI folks praying for the conversion of the heathen Catholics!)

On 9/26/2017 at 10:30 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It doesn't seem that Kendalyn and Prissy are BFFs, does it?

I'm just starting to read about the Keller family beyond Anna. The fundie stuff David Waller says makes me cringe, but it seems like it's better to be married to the Pecan Thief than Smuggar or God's Greatest Grifter.

Good for Davia and Paul! I hope Cilly let them play in the mud some more before they had to get cleaned up. My kids love playing in the Mud. It's annoying to get them clean but they have fun. 

19 minutes ago, Corntree said:

it seems like it's better to be married to the Pecan Thief than Smuggar or God's Greatest Grifter.

He is the lesser of three evils...

That picture of Davia and Paul made me laugh. It's nice to see that they are allowed to be age-appropriate at least some of the time.

The unthinkable? Well that's an... interesting choice of words. The 'unthinkable' to me would be, like... your child dying, or being convicted of murder, or molesting people. Not so much playing outside and getting covered in dirt.

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids love playing in the Mud. It's annoying to get them clean but they have fun. 

nicnog, is that you? :evil-laugh:

"unthinkable" is definitely a poor choice of word; muddy kids are not unthinkable, they are charming.  didn't Paul once dump some flour in the kitchen when he was 1 or 2?

my nephew once emptied the freezer onto the kitchen floor while mom was occupied with his baby brother.  he also liked to press and hold the ice dispenser without putting a cup under it.

21 minutes ago, MayMay1123 said:

nicnog, is that you? :evil-laugh:

I hate that I have a few parenting philosophies that match NicNog's. But a broken clock is right twice a day. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate that I have a few parenting philosophies that match NicNog's. But a broken clock is right twice a day. 

i'm sure your babies get clean more than every once in a while, though!

21 hours ago, Carm_88 said:
Gotta update those family photos! Kids are super duper cute, I must say! :)  

Goodness, the younger two look so much like Priscilla's mom and dad! 

10 hours ago, gustava said:

Goodness, the younger two look so much like Priscilla's mom and dad! 

They look like they could be siblings to Marcus Duggar. He's a mini Pa Keller. 

I'm just saying that if I do get to be a wife, when I die all I want on my headstone is "beautiful, content wife." David Waller, a way with words is not something you have!

In a way, I see Priss as a type of Charlotte Lucas (Pride & Prejudice). Although she seems to have much less common sense than Charlotte, I think she must see how ridiculous Pecan can be sometimes. She probably just laughs it off. Not much seems to bother Priscilla. As in P&P, Charlotte married a "respectable man with a comfortable living" out of practicality more than romance. And she ended up being quite happy for it. I kind of see that in Priss. Her sisters Anna and rebekah married for what seemed like romantic love. And we see how that turned out. I'm sure Priss loves David, but I imagine she was also thinking rather practical minded when marrying him. 

Now I will say Esther married the man with the most similar personality to Mr. Collins. John Schrader is completely insufferable. He makes Pecan look like a stroll in a Pecan field. 

• Jellybean locked this topic

Archived