IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

At my state's now-defunct fair

Wait, your state now longer has an annual fair? Which state?

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SassyPants, that's what I wanted to know, too.  Now SC used to have a separate and assuredly not equal state fair for blacks back in the bad old days.  What state doesn't have a state fair anymore, @FloraDoraDolly?

ETA: Is it Connecticut, @FloraDoraDolly? If so, you're excused since you have The Big E in West Springfield, Mass.  It covers all of New England.  My daughter went with her boyfriend when she lived near Groton.

27 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@SassyPants, that's what I wanted to know, too.  Now SC used to have a separate and assuredly not equal state fair for blacks back in the bad old days.  What state doesn't have a state fair anymore, @FloraDoraDolly?

ETA: Is it Connecticut, @FloraDoraDolly? If so, you're excused since you have The Big E in West Springfield, Mass.  It covers all of New England.  My daughter went with her boyfriend when she lived near Groton.

There's Groton in MA and a Groton in CT (We in CT call it "rotten Groton," lol) 

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wait, your state now longer has an annual fair? Which state?

Michigan. The state shut down the fair and closed the Fairgrounds during the recession. The Fairgrounds are still abandoned. They do have some new corporate-owned fair in a way-out suburb (i.e. far enough to discourage black people from attending), but it's not the real deal.

Best state fair I've been to, (WI, CA, MN) hands down was MN. Saw no specks of religion or protest at the nice state fair. Got some thunder and lightning while we were there but it was so much fun. We let the older kids (early teens) take the younger ones and wander down the Midways, while we went with my Mom to the CowBarn. 

It's sad that Steve doesn't let them take the littles to the small kid's area and have some FUN. I don't think the Lord Almighty would smite them if they did. 

I wonder if Josh was allowed to get his face painted. They only show one side of the face and it's not painted. I hope he did, because that would be awful to force him to be there and not let him participate. 

2 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Best state fair I've been to, (WI, CA, MN) hands down was MN. Saw no specks of religion or protest at the nice state fair. Got some thunder and lightning while we were there but it was so much fun. We let the older kids (early teens) take the younger ones and wander down the Midways, while we went with my Mom to the CowBarn. 

It's sad that Steve doesn't let them take the littles to the small kid's area and have some FUN. I don't think the Lord Almighty would smite them if they did. 

You are making me a bit homesick! I am not from MN but we lived there for 10 years and moved away last year. We went to the fair every year. The MN state fair is the best. I am really hoping that when we move back to the US mainland in 2 years we can figure out a visit to MN during fair time.

Back to the Maxwells... As a parent I would not let my kids go to that booth if I had any indication they would be preached at. If the preaching started while we were there I would probably let them finish whatever activity, depending on how bad it was. If it got really bad we would hightail it out of there and I would distract them with some ice cream or a ride or ANYTHING else. 

15 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Michigan. The state shut down the fair and closed the Fairgrounds during the recession. The Fairgrounds are still abandoned. They do have some new corporate-owned fair in a way-out suburb (i.e. far enough to discourage black people from attending), but it's not the real deal.

Michigan technically had two state fairs. They still has the UP State fair - if you want to make the trip to Escanaba.... 

Last year, Sarah posted about predicting how much Ellie would weigh. Now that Ellie's almost two, Sarah decided to tell us that Ellie weighs 62 pounds. Two people on the original post were closest.

I swear, these people are stupefyingly dull.

On 7/29/2017 at 8:23 AM, Jana814 said:

I don't think any of the Maxwell kids would be able to adopt. Not only because of what was stated above but also isn't Steve against adoption. 

Gothard is against adoption. That's it right there. Tyler came to the Duggars thru Michelle's family.

1 minute ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Gothard is against adoption.

But are the Maxwells really Gothardite?  That has always been the question.  We know the Maxwells marketed their products through ATI and recently presented at Big Sandy, but Steve has never really hitched his wagon to Gothard and IBLP.

38 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Now that Ellie's almost two, Sarah decided to tell us that Ellie weighs 62 pounds.

Sarah is so proud that Ellie is an "English Cream" Golden Retriever.  I wonder whether she knows she got ripped off by a cynical marketing strategy.  I hope she didn't pay too much for a "rare" dog.

https://www.grca.org/find-a-golden/more-topics-before-you-buy/english-cream-golden-retrievers/

Ellie is a beautiful pet dog, but not only is her very pale (almost white) color undesirable in the show ring there is nothing super-special about her.

Ellie is still my favorite Maxwell because she doesn't give a damn where she goes when she dies.

23 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Gothard is against adoption. That's it right there. Tyler came to the Duggars thru Michelle's family.

Those fuckers are against adoption yet are anti choice.  Fuck them all.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Ellie is still my favorite Maxwell because she doesn't give a damn where she goes when she dies.

Those fuckers are against adoption yet are anti choice.  Fuck them all.

So it's wrong to abort, but okay to neglect and/or let a child live in foster homes and never have a loving family. Got it. People make me sick. 

Steve will probably make her give away the dog because the dog is an idol. Such a great guy. Should have named the dog "Pepsi"

On 7/31/2017 at 0:37 PM, Palimpsest said:

But are the Maxwells really Gothardite?  That has always been the question.  We know the Maxwells marketed their products through ATI and recently presented at Big Sandy, but Steve has never really hitched his wagon to Gothard and IBLP.

Please... they got a vasectomy reversal. They live like the Gold Standard Gothard Family. The few non nonagenarians  outside the family that they socialize with are all Gothradites. Maybe he hasn't sent the check in recently but that's the only distinction....

On 7/31/2017 at 0:19 AM, anjulibai said:

I wonder if Josh was allowed to get his face painted. They only show one side of the face and it's not painted. I hope he did, because that would be awful to force him to be there and not let him participate. 

I hope that he wasn't forbidden to have his face painted.  If that is how it went down, I feel for him (from first hand experience things like that suck).

On 7/31/2017 at 10:51 AM, mango_fandango said:

Last year, Sarah posted about predicting how much Ellie would weigh. Now that Ellie's almost two, Sarah decided to tell us that Ellie weighs 62 pounds. Two people on the original post were closest.

I swear, these people are stupefyingly dull.

She's had the dog for two years? What am I doing with my life or is it following them that makes time stand still? 

1 hour ago, Coconutwater said:

She's had the dog for two years? What am I doing with my life or is it following them that makes time stand still? 

I thought she only had her for a year.  

4 hours ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Please... they got a vasectomy reversal. They live like the Gold Standard Gothard Family. The few non nonagenarians  outside the family that they socialize with are all Gothradites. Maybe he hasn't sent the check in recently but that's the only distinction....

Seriously? 

Surely you know that not all Quiverfull are Gothard followers?  The Quiverfull movement is Extreme Patriarchal Christian Fundamentalist - but it reaches way beyond Gothard who is actually very small fry in the movement.  Steve's story is that he was reading his Bible when he decided to reverse his vasectomy.  I think he came to his conclusions quite independently of Gothard.

They are far from the Gold Standard Gothard family.  I've never seen or heard Steve refer to Gothard. The Maxwells have never plugged the Wisdom Booklets and they have never appeared at IBLP events before this year, to my knowledge.  None of the Maxwell childults use Character jargon.  Steve would never have sent his kids to JTTH or ALERT.

How do you know the families they socialize with are all Gothardites?  Fundie families certainly, but not only Gothardites.   Alissa and Melanies's families don't seem to follow Gothard.  

I'm sure the Maxwell followers include some Gothardites, but the Maxwells also marketed heavily to the VF crowd and Conservative Christians.  The only Gothardites they do admit to knowing socially are the Duggars.  And that's because they used the Duggar fame to market their chore charts and JB wrote the foreword to one of their books.  Before the scandal.

Nah, Steve is a leader not a follower.  I'm sticking with the "Church of Steve."    He's just glommed on to IBLP in the last year because VF is dead.  His own conferences are dead.  And he is desperate!

On 7/31/2017 at 0:37 PM, Palimpsest said:

Sarah is so proud that Ellie is an "English Cream" Golden Retriever.  I wonder whether she knows she got ripped off by a cynical marketing strategy.  I hope she didn't pay too much for a "rare" dog.

https://www.grca.org/find-a-golden/more-topics-before-you-buy/english-cream-golden-retrievers/

Ellie is a beautiful pet dog, but not only is her very pale (almost white) color undesirable in the show ring there is nothing super-special about her.

I fell over laughing at the "english cream" remark she made.  The people marketing fear to raise kids are the same people who got sucked into false marketing when they bought their dog.  That's just hilarious. 

13 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

I was trying to work out which soap operas most resembled various families the other day while driving  (crappy traffic) - I think the Maxwells are possibly Days Of Our Lives. Tune in 6 months later and nothing has happened. Two years later and a dog has gained weight. 

On 7/30/2017 at 11:48 PM, nvmbr02 said:

You are making me a bit homesick! I am not from MN but we lived there for 10 years and moved away last year. We went to the fair every year. The MN state fair is the best. I am really hoping that when we move back to the US mainland in 2 years we can figure out a visit to MN during fair time.

Getting back to state fairs briefly: Mr. No and I go to the WI fair all the time but have been thinking about getting to the one in MN.  Friend of mine was from the Twin Cities and she would travel back to that fair every year.  From her description it sounds like it's a whole lot of fun!

I will say Mary's painting is very good. I am impressed. I am surprised she did one of Hello Kitty. 

She does have artistic talent. It is a shame she will never be allowed to truly develop it. 

New post up about the fair.  Poor Sarah calculated that Goofy Anna and Scary Mary each spent 27 hours making balloons/facepainting.  What a revelation there Sarah! Griselda Teri, Smug Joe, Invisible Elissa, and Celia all made an appearance.  Elissa lived up to her name as she wasn't in any pics.  Stud John, Forgotten Jesse, and Prissy Chris were there too.  The only branch of the cult that never came was Crazy Eyed Nate and his family.

Tsk tsk tsk .... Mary with her extra-braided hair, Poor Sarah writing gleefully about the adoring looks Mary & Anna got from the crowds.... and way, waaay toward the end, "oh yes, and we were sharing Jesus." Tch and sniff! Such vanity, such conceit.  Making idols of your sister-daughters-- er, younger sisters! 

If only I knew how to create an account that Stevovah could block and not be my own, I'd be submitting a holier-than-thou rant quicker'n scat!!!

But I don't know how.  It would be priceless to have someone submit it very earnestly and then watch Ste-vo huffily explain how NONE of the criticisms are valid! 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

New post up about the fair.  Poor Sarah calculated that Goofy Anna and Scary Mary each spent 27 hours making balloons/facepainting.  What a revelation there Sarah!

27 hours in 5 days?  that's part time work, Sarah.  most of us do 27 hours in 3 days, then put in 2 more full days after that.  so the sisters got to play with balloons and painting for 5.4 hours per day.  i'm really not impressed, because that sounds like a vacation to me.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived