IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, usmcmom said:

I'm not sure why, but I found this statement to be odd. 

I found it hilarious.  It's a classic Maxwell humblebrag. (I read my Bibles so much more than lesser folk they fall apart.)  Nancy Campbell has pulled the same trick with her tattered Bible.

I have a Bible dated 1839.  The leather binding is really battered but the pages, well annotated and underlined by a (too many greats to count) aunt, are still legible.  It is about 6" x 4" and a good 3" thick with tiny print on tissue thin paper.

On another note; I wonder if they let the little ones have kids' Bibles or do their pre-schoolers have to learn from KJV?

I'm sure all the kids are presented with their very own KJV before they can read.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

It contained an account of the crucifixion that horrified her for weeks. 

That takes me back to when a kid in my Sunday School class started wailing uncontrollably when we sang "There is a green hill far way."  Such trauma for a seven year old.

There's some stuff in the Bible that really isn't suitable for small children.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, catlady said:

serious question, as i have never replaced a Bible:  what does one do with an old/worn copy when one replaces it?   

A few years ago, a local rabbi had a column in our newspaper. He wrote about the Jewish custom of burying old religious texts that could no longer be used.  He mentioned that he was troubled by the fact that a certain "Christian" donut chain used to print Bible verses on its paper bags and coffee cups; he said that even though the New Testament wasn't "his" Bible, he didn't like the idea of throwing any sacred scriptures in the trash.

That Bible post was such a missed opportunity. Instead of telling us that she does the same thing she does every single year, I wish Teri would have talked about the Bible she showed at the bottom of the post. It apparently belonged to some ancestor missionary from many generations ago. Couldn't she have talked about the connection she felt to this ancestor by holding this very cool piece of spiritual history in her hand? Wondered about what life was like back then? Wondered what this ancestor felt and thought as she read through the same verses? What challenges she had? It could have been a really reflective, meditative post... but instead we get an update on the fact that we needn't worry! Teri is doing the same damn thing she always does, every year. 

Teri my Pepsi, how does reading the Bible work with the 30min slot schedule? You get a cliff hanger each time? -who shot Jim-boob? Did Davey walk out of the shower and find himself in a gay sauna?

23 hours ago, lauraloralara said:

That Bible post was such a missed opportunity. Instead of telling us that she does the same thing she does every single year, I wish Teri would have talked about the Bible she showed at the bottom of the post. It apparently belonged to some ancestor missionary from many generations ago. Couldn't she have talked about the connection she felt to this ancestor by holding this very cool piece of spiritual history in her hand? Wondered about what life was like back then? Wondered what this ancestor felt and thought as she read through the same verses? What challenges she had? It could have been a really reflective, meditative post... but instead we get an update on the fact that we needn't worry! Teri is doing the same damn thing she always does, every year. 

That would be too interesting and readers don't care about such things! It's all about the schedule! Look at us, we are perfect because we do the same damn thing day in and day out! 

I've been reading the Bible regularly for 32 years and I have yet to wear one out.  My aunt gave me my leather bound KJV (with her pet nickname for me stamped on the front, which is extra precious to me because she died unexpectedly 4 years later); I have been reading it all that time and the covers still look pretty new.  No torn pages.  

I have given some other copies I had to friends or neighbors who wanted/needed one.  

I have a great-great grandfather's little pocket copy from the 1890's.  The cover is very worn and one corner is slightly torn but it's still very usable.

I am laughing at Teri calling Sarah's former post "stellar."  What the hell was stellar about it?  She said she read it every year and marked the dates.  ????????????  I guess if anyone in that house has an original thought that the others didn't think of first it's "stellar".

Six words to describe Steve?

How about narcissistic arrogant cruel vindictive cowardly jizztrumpet?

And - more FU Steve. You WERE raised in a Christian home. This is how your mother was described in her obituary.

https://obittree.com/obituary/us/nebraska/elkhorn/reichmuth-funeral-home/mary--maxwell/1871893/

And your father in his:

http://www.christensenvanhouten.com/obituary.php?view=82

Both Christians, and both dedicated to their church communities, yet you have deigned to state that you knew better than them what was in their hearts, and proclaimed them unworthy of your self-proclaimed Maxwellian standards.  But you know better than God about your parents'  entitlement to forgiveness for the sin of divorce, apparently.

Compassionate, my arse. 

I can think of many words that could describe Steve Maxwell. Many of which I can't post because they are curse words. 

FFS, Steve you have denied your children a life, an education, things that normal people enjoy as hobbies, not let them develop into their own personalities, isolated them to the point that they don't even know their own family outside of you so that does not make you a good person in any way shape or form. Sheltering children from things they shouldn't see at a certain age is okay, what you and Teri have done is NOT. You don't deserve a birthday post, I hope someone in that family sees the light through your BS and runs. Your parents were christians me you have no idea what was in their heart and soul when they died, but I know you're judgemental and you don't volunteer to help others and deny your children the opportunity to do so and that alone is a pretty bad sin. Take a look at yourself and your life and then you can post about others. 

I think it's interesting that Steve chose the day of his fathers birthday, December 5th, to become "saved". I'm no shrink, but I'm sure one would have a lot to say about that!

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

FFS, Steve you have denied your children a life, an education, things that normal people enjoy as hobbies, not let them develop into their own personalities, isolated them to the point that they don't even know their own family outside of you so that does not make you a good person in any way shape or form. Sheltering children from things they shouldn't see at a certain age is okay, what you and Teri have done is NOT. You don't deserve a birthday post, I hope someone in that family sees the light through your BS and runs. Your parents were christians me you have no idea what was in their heart and soul when they died, but I know you're judgemental and you don't volunteer to help others and deny your children the opportunity to do so and that alone is a pretty bad sin. Take a look at yourself and your life and then you can post about others. 

Oh yes - so much this!  His mother especially devoted her life towards helping others and doing good deeds.  (Was surprised to see his dad once owned a liquor store!)  Stevehova - not so much.  Going to nursing homes and preaching to them does not count - they are a captive audience!  They are probably demented and have no idea or even care what you blather on about!   We never see you doing good things for the community, helping out with the food pantry, helping those having suffered from flooding, a fire, or whatever.  You keep your family in that tiny little bubble so they have no opportunity to interact with anyone on the outside.  You keep their noses pressed to the Bible day in and day out for hours every single day.  Good gawd - they should know every single word by heart by now.  I cannot imagine reading something over and over and over again as they have!  It's probably a good thing that most of the kids have no idea that this is not normal.  They can't miss what they don't know, I guess.

It's interesting that Steve was saved after he and Teri had been married over a year. I wonder how that changed their relationship. Perhaps that precipitated her depression? Teri was so young then. 

I read the obituaries posted above of his parents.  That one was for his biological dad, correct?  He took the name of his step-father (Maxwell) somewhat late in life from what I gather?  His parents divorced when he was in his teens and his mom remarried to Mr. Maxwell.  Her teen or 20's son then changed his name?  That in its self is pretty strange I think.  Then I see that his bio-dad, Mr. Barger, had a passion for flying.  Isn't that one of the main things that Stevie lists as a wasteful hobby?  I'm sensing great resentment of his father from him! 

31 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

It's interesting that Steve was saved after he and Teri had been married over a year. I wonder how that changed their relationship. Perhaps that precipitated her depression? Teri was so young then. 

That easily could have been the reason for her depression. He probably pushed her into believing what he did even if she was uncomfortable.   

1 hour ago, fundiefollower said:

I read the obituaries posted above of his parents.  That one was for his biological dad, correct?  He took the name of his step-father (Maxwell) somewhat late in life from what I gather?  His parents divorced when he was in his teens and his mom remarried to Mr. Maxwell.  Her teen or 20's son then changed his name?  That in its self is pretty strange I think.  Then I see that his bio-dad, Mr. Barger, had a passion for flying.  Isn't that one of the main things that Stevie lists as a wasteful hobby?  I'm sensing great resentment of his father from him! 

James Maxwell is Coward Steve's stepfather.  Paul Bargar is his biological father.  Back in the day it was common for kids to take their stepdad's name when their mom remarried after a divorce.  I wonder if Steve went to Paul's funeral.  The boys were "honorary" pallbearers which makes me wonder if they didn't go.

3 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I wonder if Steve went to Paul's funeral.  The boys were "honorary" pallbearers which makes me wonder if they didn't go.

I can totally see Steve not going to his father's funeral. It's something he would do. 

1 minute ago, Jana814 said:

I can totally see Steve not going to his father's funeral. It's something he would do. 

Also Smug Joe popped the question to Invisible Elissa the day of Grandma Mary's funeral.  Keep in mind Elissa was living in KY at the time.

44 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Also Smug Joe popped the question to Invisible Elissa the day of Grandma Mary's funeral.  Keep in mind Elissa was living in KY at the time.

Wow didn't realize he did it the same day as the funeral. 

My selfish bitch of a cousin didn't go to her grandmother's funeral 10 years ago. She lives in Chicago and her grandmother was in Virginia but I think she should have gone. I felt bad that I didn't go but I'm sure my cousin didn't feel bad at all. 

4 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Didn't Steve also keep the kids away from his family due to "bad influence"? If I remember this correctly it wouldn't be someone any of the kids would know or remember. 

I bet by "not raised in a Christian home" he means the kind of home he's raised his kids in. Remember they've asked people if they're Christian and then been scathing on the blog that these people said they didn't read their Bible daily. To the Maxwells, "Christian" has one, very narrow meaning; anything else isn't really "Christian". 

And Steve has stated that he has family members who did the "bunny and Easter eggs" thing at Easter aka an egg hunt. Yup, shunned. 

I do wonder what the hell is going to happen in the future for the Maxwells. Something has GOT to snap one day. 

Steve thinks that if someone does not raise their children in the same type of home that he raised his kids in they are not right.  He was probably upset that his kids cousins were not raised how his kids were so he didn't want his kids around them. 

Time to take a crack at translating Sarah from Maxwellese in English.

Sarah:  "Even though you didn’t grow up in a Christian home, you determined to learn how to raise a family for Jesus. And you did! You truly have given us a godly heritage, and every single one of us Maxwell young people are grateful for that!"

English:  You grew up relatively normal, but that wasn't good enough for you.  You were determined to have your own cult and you did it.  You have truly stunted each and every one of us knows and we are grateful for that!"

I got freaked out about god flooding the world and killing everyone except Noah's clan and a bunch of animals. 

I never got an answer that allowed me to worship anyone who would do that. It was the first step on my path to realizing that if that's the god I'm supposed to worship I'd rather go to hell and eventually to realizing there is no god. 

I was 10. 

Smug Joe Maxwell  proposing to Elissa on the day of his grandma's funeral is orders of magnitude worse than Joe D proposing to Kendra on Joy's wedding day and I thought that was kinda tacky.

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

Smug Joe Maxwell  proposing to Elissa on the day of his grandma's funeral is orders of magnitude worse than Joe D proposing to Kendra on Joy's wedding day and I thought that was kinda tacky.

The only thing tackier would have been Joseph proposing to Elissa at his grandmother's funeral.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived