IGNORED

Maxwell 11: Anna Marie Has Conceived - Again

Coconut Flan

Oh. My. God.

Asking your own family members for money is not a fundraiser, Sarah.  It's asking your family for money.  You're welcome.  Don't even get me started on how much I hate that stupid Operation Christmas Child.   

When those little girls get a little older and realize there is a whole world of people out there (other Christians, even) besides their fucked-up family compound and shuttled trips to see the elderly, they're gonna be pissed.  Abby already looks so over it in most of the photos, IMO.  My guess is that she has an inkling from Melanie's family and she's figuring out that her grandparents are a bit different (aka batshit crazy).

My hopeful prediction is that the Maxhell kidults are going to be the one and only generation of Steve's cult.  Information, technology and social media are just too pervasive for them to keep the next generation kids totally isolated.  

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Oh. My. God.

Asking your own family members for money is not a fundraiser, Sarah.  It's asking your family for money.  You're welcome.  

I was coming here to say this very thing but I can see I'm not needed. It appears very isolated and cult-like when the children dress up, put on a little performance and ask for money and their only audience is...the Maxwells. These poor kids need a school, friends, a youth group, a team, something outside of Maxhell... (I'm not trying to bash homeschooling as an overall idea in general.)

Oh, I know you weren't bashing homeschooling.

My kids have been homeschooled their entire lives, and they have INTJ parents who are nearly hermits.

They have never been as isolated as the Maxwells.  EVER.  

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

My hopeful prediction is that the Maxhell kidults are going to be the one and only generation of Steve's cult.  Information, technology and social media are just too pervasive for them to keep the next generation kids totally isolated.  

My hope is that the Maxwell boys are observing their sisters' lives and have decided they want different for their daughters. I suspect there may be some early marriages (still very fundie) for the girls in the next generation.

So, I've been thinking of how much Christopher's kids seem to miss out on.  For instance, at the fair, many of us speculated Joshua did not get to ride the rides or have his face painted.  

The "fundraising" post made my thinking go in a different direction.  Maybe Nathan's kids are being raised to be attention seeking young people. I mean, the whole family gathers to listen to their singing, oooh and aaah over their wonderful little projects.  I wonder if those girls are going to think the only reason to do something is for the attention and praise.  

Christopher's kids, on the other hand, might be raised with a little more humility. Maybe, just maybe, they are being taught that it's okay not to be in the spotlight.  It's okay if you do things without fanfare and publicity.  I know I am speculating wildly, but the photos really started my thoughts in that direction.  There is a photo of Nathan's girls "collecting donations" (I think that's what they're doing) and it looks like Joshua has an envelope in his hand, patiently waiting to place it in the box.  Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a more pleasant trait in a child than the constant shows and events that Nathan's girls so often do, forced or not.  

3 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

I was coming here to say this very thing but I can see I'm not needed. It appears very isolated and cult-like when the children dress up, put on a little performance and ask for money and their only audience is...the Maxwells. These poor kids need a school, friends, a youth group, a team, something outside of Maxhell... (I'm not trying to bash homeschooling as an overall idea in general.)

Even more typical fundies would be doing this sort of project through their church (even a church of the holy basement) or a group like the Mally's Bright Lights.

I think Reversal Anna is making an idol of plaid shirts.

And uncombed hair.

I never really noticed it before, but in that photo Lydia really looks like Ruthie.

It's nice to see that they included Gigi.

Oh, Anna. Crunchy curls are NEVER a good look.

9 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Maxwellian "English" language gripe number 28469: special (n.) a song about Jesus sung by a child, like it's somehow unusual or different from what they normally sing, which is obviously Bhutanese thrash polka, or something.

Please tell me this is more of their language mangling and not actually a word in Conversational Christian Conservative.™ Because I can't deal with that shit.

I hate to disappoint, @Captain Obvious, but "special" does have it's own "speshul" entry in the "Conversational Christian Conservative" dictionary. It is defined as "a song performed by an individual or select group, rather than by the congregation as a whole." Also known as "special music," or "singing a special." Specials are generally sung, often accompanied by musical instruments, but occasionally a capella. An instrumental-only special (such as a violin/piano duet) is typically played while an offering is taken (ushers pass around collection plates for the congregation to give their tithes and offerings... apparently music makes it not so boring), and is called an "offertory".

There's your Conservative Christian-ese lesson for the day ;)

I thought, "It feels like they just did this 'fundraiser'!" then I realized I was in Maxhell, where life is stuck on the most boring loop. Everyone gets a little older but nothing ever changes.

Sang a special?  WTF is that supposed to mean.  Glad to see Gigi hasn't shuffled off her mortal coil.  Poor Sarah I would be more impressed if they collected money from strangers.

34 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Sang a special?  WTF is that supposed to mean.  Glad to see Gigi hasn't shuffled off her mortal coil.  Poor Sarah I would be more impressed if they collected money from strangers.

Well, almost nobody in this day and age sends their kids door-to-door to sell Girl Scout cookies or whatnot. Most kids in a fundraising situation get the majority of their $$$ from relatives, friends, and neighbors. The problem with the Maxwells is they have almost nobody in the latter two categories. And as I mentioned upthread, they can't do this project as part of their church youth group or anything like that.

FFS! Oh phleeease, this damn Operation Christmas Child is getting SO old already... How is OCC not an idol but enjoying a musical instrument is??? I don't know why exactly but I can't stand this shitshow that is their obsession with all things OCC (and I'm NOT blaming the little kids but the adults). And surely the next post will show the nieces shopping with their "fundraiser" money - crayons, rulers, pencils, stuffed animals... Actually, Lolly the Fucking Clown would be like a breath of fresh air right now after all the OCC obsession!

@anjulibai the writing on the windows looks like the squares that one writes their to-do list in to prioritize what's important, what's urgent, what's busy-work, etc. I believe it is from the book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. We had a training at work recently about this very subject and the same grid was explained. I'm guessing the Maxwells are trying to get *even better* at their scheduling. 

It is of course a brain-teaser - members of the cult can try to think of where to fit in their various activities. I mean, cleaning the ceiling fans is obviously important, but how urgent is it? and marrying off one of the girls is getting increasingly urgent, but it can't be that important or Stevehovah would have scheduled in a good 15 minutes of "meeting equally brainwashed individuals of opposite sex", wouldn't he? WOULDN'T HE?

And so they can occupy themselves during their endless groundhog days of mindless bland repetition.

I would probably punch my husband if he was standing there with his hands on my shoulders like that.  Unless he was, you know, actually giving me a massage.

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

@anjulibai the writing on the windows looks like the squares that one writes their to-do list in to prioritize what's important, what's urgent, what's busy-work, etc. I believe it is from the book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. We had a training at work recently about this very subject and the same grid was explained. I'm guessing the Maxwells are trying to get *even better* at their scheduling. 

It is telling that all of the categories are completely empty. Like the lives of the Maxwells

Wait and see. There's going to be a blog post showing the New Efficient Schedule Technique (TM)  or NEST. The NEST technique is the only way to keep your chicks in a row. Keep your hatchlings safe in the nest with NEST. Buy today!

3 hours ago, HereticHick said:

It is telling that all of the categories are completely empty. Like the lives of the Maxwells

and the three single, adult wombs which reside there.  A uterus is a terrible thing to waste, Steve.

On 8/10/2017 at 2:10 PM, usmcmom said:

Maybe Nathan's kids are being raised to be attention seeking young people. I mean, the whole family gathers to listen to their singing, oooh and aaah over their wonderful little projects.  I wonder if those girls are going to think the only reason to do something is for the attention and praise.  

Christopher's kids, on the other hand, might be raised with a little more humility.

The ABCs are older.  I expect Christopher's kids will be doing exactly the same thing in a few years.

I think this is the proven Maxwell method of teaching communication skills and speaking or singing in front of an audience.  The Maxwellian version of "Show and Tell" if you will.

I'm sure the kids eventually graduate from family presentations to assaulting the ears of the elderly with their "specials" and instructions on how to pack shoe boxes.

On 11/08/2017 at 7:19 AM, formerpastorswife said:

There's your Conservative Christian-ese lesson for the day ;)

Thanks! (I think...)

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived