IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

I am not apart of her closed group but I do read her page. I have never commented. If the stuff she posted is true it’s really sad. How could anyone treat their kids that way and think it’s godly or Christ like.

I don’t get why “Sam” would come to her with these details. She is a nobody, she hides behind a computer. 

I honestly hope none of the married Duggar kids treat their kids the way “Sam” describes kids being treated.

• Upvote 3

It reads like shitty fanfiction written by someone who wants attention. Like I'd expect it from ONTD:Duggars circa 2009. Even if it has basis in truth, it didn't need published - it didn't reveal any new major information against josh or anything productive. 

It seems more like a chance to spread gossip and punish victims for their status as victims of a horrible patriarchal group. Sam seems to hold a grudge against the women of the circle for letting themselves become vicitims of the men she/he could see were clearly creepy or slimy or at least that's how I read it. 

But yeah, not sure why she felt the need to publish that. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 8/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

This is a total nitpick, but slander is spoken. If something is written, it's libel. (@Curious helped me remember that one. Slander and spoken both start with "s".)

Yes!In a local residents group I belong to,people call each other out,for being a no show,or even being dishonest.Then the other people say so and so is slandering me.

My oldest son worked with another coach,his friend left and went to work at another high school.The principal was speaking badly of the coach.That coach sued for slander,and won.

• Upvote 4

Her groupies are saying things such as (I am paraphrasing) “oh pickles you are such a wonderful journalist” “thank you so much for telling us” “you and same are brave”. Gag.

A few followers were wondering about the pearl book. They couldn’t find it. Pickles told them it can be found online. She may as well just promote the book if she is going to tell people where to find it. That gives profits to the disgusting pearls.

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 5

Can I just say if the story about the elders (men) threatening to shave the female victim's head is true- they are fucking sicker than I thought. When the teenage child molester is the one to actually step up and protect his victim from public humiliation....you know you have serious moral issues!

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

If she got legal advice, I wonder if she does what Enty does on Crazy Days and Nights and included something within that write up that isn't true to get around libel? 

Also gossip wise...this isn't even that juicy. This is all stuff we heard before with slightly more elaboration. She could've easily made all of it up. 

Edited by HarleyQuinn
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

It's also just plain wrong to post this. My god Pickled, really, really low.  Naming names and spreading gossip about children getting molested?  Horrible woman. And, if there really is a source, they can fuck off too.  Tell your story and use your name instead of hiding behind a fb page and a desperate pickle lady. Gross. She needs to go away. I hope she can get sued. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Can I just say if the story about the elders (men) threatening to shave the female victim's head is true- they are fucking sicker than I thought. When the teenage child molester is the one to actually step up and protect his victim from public humiliation....you know you have serious moral issues!

I feel like this definitely could've happened.  As a threat only to Josh. Whether they would actually follow through or her father would allow this a is a whole nother matter. I doubt it. 

• Upvote 4

What kind of shitty human being enables a coward like this?  A coward who has plenty of names in their mouth but does not stand up to reveal who they are.  Plenty of other forums to do this on.  There are instances when staying anonymous to reveal information that will ultimately help someone who needs this sort of help. But, you go to proper authorities when it's happening.  This is cowardly gossip bullshit. I feel like I need to apologize for Prickled and "Sam" to the women mentioned.  I am sorry this happened,  not cool.  That was not ok, at all. Sue the shit out of her.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I agree that it is very inappropriate to name potential victims like that.

Regarding "Sam," if this is true it sounds like Sam came from an abusive situation too. It doesn't excuse naming victims who don't want to be named, but it just sounds like a shitty situation all around.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Pickles is mediating a question and answer with “Sam.” He/she agreed to answer some questions people have about the post pickled did yesterday.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 2

I was going to say something about being skeptical about the idea of a formal betrothal as some "insiders" have claimed before about Josh and a young woman, as that just doesn't seem normal in their community, but I reread the post and "Sam" actually doesn't phrase it quite like that; it sounds more believable to me the way "Sam" phrases it.

I am still skeptical about them seriously threatening to shave a girl's head, because that also just sounds too weird, and they also believe that women are actually commanded Biblically to have long hair. I guess I could see it though as kind of a false equivalency "well, if you say Josh needs to have his head shaved, then why not shave her head too?" kind of thing. I also noticed that "Sam" doesn't directly say he/she witnessed that part of it.

• Upvote 5

If Sam is indeed the real deal, why go through pickled?  Homeschoolers Anon and No Longer Quivering would be much better forums to at least use your own words.  If Sam is the real deal, pickled is doing that person dirty for personal gain.  To treat a victim like that is wrong.  It doesn't take even some extra fantastic person to see that when a misguided person who would be hurting from all this too, reaches out to you and you choose using them to publicly gossip and name names is wrong. Inherently wrong, in our guts we know this.  Double wrong on crazy pickles. She's at JRod level right now.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

It doesn't take even some extra fantastic person to see that when a misguided person who would be hurting from all this too, reaches out to you and you choose using them to publicly gossip and name names is wrong. Inherently wrong, in our guts we know this.

I totally agree. I think it's wrong that "Sam" is outing victims, but if it's true I think "Sam" had a really terrible childhood too and I put the most blame on Pickles for using people's pain for clicks and attention.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

11 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I totally agree. I think it's wrong that "Sam" is outing victims, but if it's true I think "Sam" had a really terrible childhood too and I put the most blame on Pickles for using people's pain for clicks and attention.

She could have posted it without names but she didn’t. 

• Upvote 14

20 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Exactly.  True to culture here, we naturally think of the bigger picture.  Not "ooooo, hot gossip!  In touch here I come!"  No. And, Pickled did apparently have time to sit on this minimal info for enough time to realize that she* should not do this and at least offer suggestions of better, more supportive forums to say her truth on. Or maybe not publicly at all. A therapist first? Idk.  It's a stupid stunt that does have consequences for those named. Like, great they all get that dumped on them, all random, all up on SM.  

*by she I mean Sam. Idk, feels feminine. Not pickled.

Edited by Beermeet
  • Upvote 6

Some people are complaining that pickles posted the [name of a potential victim]. Her response is they can email her if they want her name retracted. 

Edited by choralcrusader8613
removing identifying info about potential victims
  • WTF 10

May Rufus richly bless all of you and yours for this thread not turning into the moderation needing shitshow I feared. Thank you FJ.

• Upvote 22
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 8

Honestly? It reads like anything anyone could say if they knew enough about religious abuse and the Duggars. Even if it is true, to just publish names of potential victims is so awful. She gives no proof that she even talked to a person. I don’t think she necessarily made it up, I’m sure someone reached out, but she doesn’t even give any reason for anyone to actually believe that. 

And then to basically challenge the Duggars, as if they even remotely care about this page or even know it exists, to come to her to correct any information just screams stunt. 

Pickles, you will never ever ever EVER have a Duggar reach out to you to be their liaison for their tell all. The Duggars will never care that you would welcome the chance to have them tell you all their secrets. Get OVER your weird little fantasy of being the source of real Duggar scoop. 

• Upvote 17
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Her response is they can email her if they want her name retracted. 

I saw that. It's a ridiculous standard. How about she defaults to not identifying potential victims unless they tell her it's okay rather than putting the burden on them? She has to know that even if they don't want their name out there they can't contact her before people have already read the post and talked about the people named in it.

(I removed the references to the family's identity from that quote, btw)

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Some people are complaining that pickles posted the [name of a potential victim]. Her response is they can email her if they want her name retracted. 

Bit too late for that, dear *sarcasm* Pickles. Seriously, she never should have named anyone. I'm horrified by this. I have to bite my tongue from posting it on her page/group. 

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

May Rufus richly bless all of you and yours for this thread not turning into the moderation needing shitshow I feared. Thank you FJ.

We are much better than Pickles, any day. I'm thankful for that. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

Agree with everything you all said. I didn't share it here so we could gossip, I am just as horrified at her fucking stupidity and insensitivity AFTER sitting on it and deliberating whether to post it. I know most of it we know but still, it seemed to say a lot that i would not say for fear of being sued and I would never ever name that young lady. She has no such concern obviously. Narcissistic bitch

Edited by HurricaneBells
eta pickles is going to hell
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic