IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

3 minutes ago, marmalade said:

I know Pickles' real name. I could out the birch at any time, but I choose the high road. She also took down her "regular" FB page down years ago, claiming death threats. 

Bitch, please.  No one is sending her death threats.  If we haven't gotten death threats here (or any real takedown notices, I might add) there is no way anyone gives enough shit about her to threaten her life.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 13

10 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That's what I thought as well.

I have a couple of them in craft box in my cupboard under the stairs but I've used them for repairing Christmas ornaments.  Seeing them as weapons never occurred to me.  

10 hours ago, curlykate said:

@Four is Enough can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m getting the impression she used the glue sticks for perhaps crafting purposes.....not beating her own children.  Therefore there was no “cycle” to break on her part. 

Whoopsie. And @Four is Enough, sorry for my misunderstanding. Thanks for correcting me pals! (And still, if anyone is here who has indeed broken out, then well done!)

• Upvote 4

On 10/21/2018 at 12:07 AM, Sky with diamonds said:

I absolutely agree with you. Again, Pickles is going down a slippery slope. I'm horrified she posted this. She must want more hits to her FB page and group.

I think she's losing her base....not much to report on so she's trying to stir up stuff again so she can be the ultimate, all-knowing, omniscient authority on everything Duggar.  She can't.let.them.go. Needs some more fan worship. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, curlykate said:

@Four is Enough can correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m getting the impression she used the glue sticks for perhaps crafting purposes.....not beating her own children.  Therefore there was no “cycle” to break on her part. 

Yes, sorry, I used to use them for crafting.... I'm sorry for the misunderstanding... the long ones are quite flexible. The shorter, five inch glue sticks, not so much.. 

I can't imagine hitting my children or anyone else's with something like that. But hey.... I'll hug you anyway!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

OMG, if someone could leak Pickles name that would be the best revenge for outing Josh's other victim. Especially if Pickles is a teacher, it would make her life so difficult.

Beating children with glue sticks has long been a Gothard rumor style of discipline like blanket training.  I still can't see the Duggars beating their babies with glue sticks though.  Im guessing they spank but not with glue sticks and not a baby that wanders off a blanket.  I just don't see the Duggars, the Caldwells, the Bates or Lauren's family doing that.  Nor do I see any of the Duggar children disciplining that way ever.  If there is glue stick beatings, its with the farthest, deepest Gothard followers, not the Duggars et al.  

Honestly most of the stuff Sam explained about the Duggars we already knew.   Jana being the one who hasn't found the right guy seems totally legit, is there anyone that really thinks Jboob forbids her from courting and wants to keep her as his house servant?   Not after watching Jana being interviewed about this very topic, confirming herself that she's never found the guy, confirming that it's hard for her and sad, watching her cry about it.   Obviously it's not Jboob.     We know the fundie kids are directed to jobs where no education is required.   We know the youngest children are passed around to other children and sister mom's all the time, why not also at church?   We know the girls are raised to forgive and are implored to forgive.   Forgiving Josh falls right in line with their christian belief system.  We know his head was shaved, whether it was a part of the typical ALERT camp or as punishment we don't know.   Head shaving his victim makes no sense because none of the Duggar girl victims were threatened with head shaving?   Why would the 5th victim?   There's not much Sam revealed that we don't already know and have been discussing for years.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, PVMom said:

OMG, if someone could leak Pickles name that would be the best revenge for outing Josh's other victim. Especially if Pickles is a teacher, it would make her life so difficult.

Beating children with glue sticks has long been a Gothard rumor style of discipline like blanket training.  I still can't see the Duggars beating their babies with glue sticks though.  Im guessing they spank but not with glue sticks and not a baby that wanders off a blanket.  I just don't see the Duggars, the Caldwells, the Bates or Lauren's family doing that.  Nor do I see any of the Duggar children disciplining that way ever.  If there is glue stick beatings, its with the farthest, deepest Gothard followers, not the Duggars et al.  

Honestly most of the stuff Sam explained about the Duggars we already knew.   Jana being the one who hasn't found the right guy seems totally legit, is there anyone that really thinks Jboob forbids her from courting and wants to keep her as his house servant?   Not after watching Jana being interviewed about this very topic, confirming herself that she's never found the guy, confirming that it's hard for her and sad, watching her cry about it.   Obviously it's not Jboob.     We know the fundie kids are directed to jobs where no education is required.   We know the youngest children are passed around to other children and sister mom's all the time, why not also at church?   We know the girls are raised to forgive and are implored to forgive.   Forgiving Josh falls right in line with their christian belief system.  We know his head was shaved, whether it was a part of the typical ALERT camp or as punishment we don't know.   Head shaving his victim makes no sense because none of the Duggar girl victims were threatened with head shaving?   Why would the 5th victim?   There's not much Sam revealed that we don't already know and have been discussing for years.

I was thinking about this in terms of a stay at home daughter. If JB was actually choosing one of his daughters for this task, wouldn't Jill have been a more natural choice? Jana seems far more equipped to independently organize and run a household and raise children. IMO, Jana is just shy which makes finding a life partner a bit more difficult.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, PVMom said:

Why do you think that? This is what their cult dictates. The Duggars used to have the Pearls' book on their website. These are the same people who had a son molesting their daughters and at least one other girl for over a year, gave him a slap on the wrist, swept it under the carpet and then immediately jumped at the chance to star on a reality TV show. They believe dinosaurs roamed the earth with humans. They think homosexuality should be a crime but enthusiastically support people like Trump. They follow extreme courtship rules. They're followers of a man who thinks that cabbage patch dolls are demonic. They are not normal, and they are most definitely far less normal than they appear to the masses. I have no problem whatsoever believing that any of them would hit a baby with a glue stick.

• Upvote 37
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 5

13 minutes ago, PVMom said:

What Pickles did was despicable, but so is this.  Keep your posts in support of doxing anyone off of FJ - we are adamantly anti-dox.

• Upvote 29
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

23 minutes ago, PVMom said:

From the molestation police reports (possible abuse tw):

Spoiler

Inv. Taylor asked [redacted] about getting spanked. [redacted] said that when [redacted] is bad that [redacted] mother and dad spank [redacted]. Inv. Taylor asked what they use to spank. [redacted] said they have a rod. Inv. Taylor asked if they do this to all the kids and [redacted] said yes. Inv. Taylor asked if they leave any bruising [redacted] said no.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Why do you think that? This is what their cult dictates. The Duggars used to have the Pearls' book on their website. These are the same people who had a son molesting their daughters and at least one other girl for over a year, gave him a slap on the wrist, swept it under the carpet and then immediately jumped at the chance to star on a reality TV show. They believe dinosaurs roamed the earth with humans. They think homosexuality should be a crime but enthusiastically support people like Trump. They follow extreme courtship rules. They're followers of a man who thinks that cabbage patch dolls are demonic. They are not normal, and they are most definitely far less normal than they appear to the masses. I have no problem whatsoever believing that any of them would hit a baby with a glue stick.

I was writing a response but you said it so much better than I would have there is no need.

The mindset that 'they would never do those things' is just indicative of how well TLC sanitized the truth and how willing the public is to buy it.

regarding this part of your post...

They're followers of a man who thinks that cabbage patch dolls are demonic.

TBF there are members of FJ who are afraid of my Mrs. Beasley.  **cough** @Destiny **cough**

Spoiler

I9A_4e8dfG5hbVDYOeAGUg.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

I didn't know that the glue sticks fundies are using to beat their children are the ones that work with glue guns. Not being a crafty type, I too wondered how a little lipstick sized glue stick could be used to beat children. Damn, it would never have entered my mind to abuse my little one with those things, no matter how flexible they are. Fundies truly can be horrible, there is no excuse for their harsh and punishing attitude toward vulnerable children who are behaving age appropriately. Children shouldn't be beaten for "bad" behavior either. Sickening.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I have absolutely no trouble believing that they spank with glue sticks.

This is what my own parents used for spanking...

UTB8ht3crU_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXam.jpg

We knew a family in Catholic school with a large brood and they used to make their kids kneel on a broom handle as a punishment for poor behavior.

• Sad 4

29 minutes ago, PVMom said:

If there is glue stick beatings, its with the farthest, deepest Gothard followers, not the Duggars et al.  

Uh, the Duggars and Bates ARE the "farthest and deepest" Gothard followers, as you put it.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 6

16 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

TBF there are members of FJ who are afraid of my Mrs. Beasley.  **cough** @Destiny **cough**

Of course I'm afraid of that minion of evil. It looks like it wants to reach through the screen and knife me! LOL. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Of course I'm afraid of that minion of evil. It looks like it wants to reach through the screen and knife me! LOL. 

Why would you think that?

Spoiler

Mrs_Beasley'sRevenge500X500-750119.png

And to the bolded?  She's my minion.  What exactly are you trying to say?

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I have absolutely no trouble believing that they spank with glue sticks.

This is what my own parents used for spanking...

UTB8ht3crU_4iuJk43Fqq6z.FpXam.jpg

Just the idea that people have a designated weapon horrifies me. I can’t imagine my parents laying a hand on any of us. And that they would go out of their way to buy something especially for hitting us is just insane. 

I know my husband was spanked when he was little and I have a hard time imagining that too. His parents are super nice and caring. We talked alot about disciplin and how we wanted to raise our children before Miniway was born. And we mostly agree. 

Spanking is illegal here though and was never part of any discussions. Using violence on a small child is horrible. It’s good to remember that’s what these fundies are like when they post their cute baby pictures. I have a hard enough time thinking about how they look at their children and wish their own horrible lifestyle on them. That they look at them and orders glue sticks in bigpacks just leaves me lost for words and sad. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Yeah, there is something sadistic about parents who buy and keep certain items around the house specifically for hitting their kids. That's in a different league than a parent who loses their temper and gives their kid a few swats on the bottom with their hand.

• I Agree 13

I was spanked growing up, not very often probably because I barely remember it and I was a pretty good kid (despite being a spoiled only child). When I was a teenager, I did get a couple of slaps for talking back. Its odd but in my case it never bothered me or made me think less of my parents. On the contrary, I had the most wonderful, loving, helpful and generous parents anyone could ever want. At least my Hispanic mom didn't resort to the "Chancla", which is a slipper or flip flop that would get thrown at you..... but I knew people who did. Again, they don't have issues with their parents at all. Maybe its the culture? I don't know. 

I don't think I ever spanked my own son, I might have done the gentle "pow pow" on the hand if he touched something he should have but I usually was just able to talk to him..... he listened. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I was spanked growing up, not very often probably because I barely remember it and I was a pretty good kid (despite being a spoiled only child). When I was a teenager, I did get a couple of slaps for talking back. Its odd but in my case it never bothered me or made me think less of my parents. On the contrary, I had the most wonderful, loving, helpful and generous parents anyone could ever want. At least my Hispanic mom didn't resort to the "Chancla", which is a slipper or flip flop that would get thrown at you..... but I knew people who did. Again, they don't have issues with their parents at all. Maybe its the culture? I don't know. 

I don't think I ever spanked my own son, I might have done the gentle "pow pow" on the hand if he touched something he should have but I usually was just able to talk to him..... he listened. 

Where my daughter and her family live, Ecuador, mothers use zapatillas- She said  Latina moms are constantly whipping those slippers/flip flops off and hurling them at children aged 2+-

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Yeah, there is something sadistic about parents who buy and keep certain items around the house specifically for hitting their kids. That's in a different league than a parent who loses their temper and gives their kid a few swats on the bottom with their hand.

See, I grew up hearing that calm spanking is the only acceptable way to do it and that it's really bad if a parent hits their kid out of anger.

Personally, I think both are bad.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

@HerNameIsBuffy Ahem, it’s not just Destiny who has some issues with Mrs. Beasley. Bless her creepy little heart. Although at least she looks like a doll. You were still on hiatus for the whole Reborn Doll thread. *shudder* I can’t unsee the Ninja Turtle ones. (and I am not looking for the photo)

The adorable baby sloths make up for it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

I remember the use of glue sticks. I cannot remember where I read that.  A Pearl suggestion? Stories from NLQ or HA?  But, yeah, I knew that was around in fundie land.  It's cause they fit in a purse or pocket and "work well".  It's "a rod" Kinda hard to forget that read.  Horrible.  

I have my son a little whack on his diapered butt once.  He tried to run in the street around age 2 1/2. It just happened in a panicked moment.  I had a physical reaction to it, my butt got all tingly ( like, shared sensations style) and I felt horrible. I canbstill remember that so clearly.  He doesn't remember, thank goodness. Never again. No value in it.  My kids are amazing.  Good grades, polite when it matters ( we're very goofy at home), refuse to cuss around us even when we dared them to one silly night last year and we did this with no hitting, verbal or emotional abuse.  I don't think we'd be so close as a family if we hit them or constantly yelled. How could we be?  These fundies are stupid and lazy child raisers. 

And, the Duggars absolutely hit their children and blanket trained. They used to proudly recommend the Pearls book. This is common knowledge in these parts. I'd be shocked if the Bateseses or any other fundie family in those circles refrained from hitting.  It's totally their thing. They only way they see fit to raise ( train) a child. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Don't know where I read this, but Michelle posted that she found a flexible ruler that she used on the kids. People asked her where she found it so they could get one too. She apparently erased it after they became "famous".

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic