IGNORED

Pickles & Hairspray 2: Banning at Random, Banning at Will

FundieFarmer

Honestly? It reads like anything anyone could say if they knew enough about religious abuse and the Duggars. Even if it is true, to just publish names of potential victims is so awful. She gives no proof that she even talked to a person. I don’t think she necessarily made it up, I’m sure someone reached out, but she doesn’t even give any reason for anyone to actually believe that. 
And then to basically challenge the Duggars, as if they even remotely care about this page or even know it exists, to come to her to correct any information just screams stunt. 
Pickles, you will never ever ever EVER have a Duggar reach out to you to be their liaison for their tell all. The Duggars will never care that you would welcome the chance to have them tell you all their secrets. Get OVER your weird little fantasy of being the source of real Duggar scoop. 

She irritates me like no other World Wide Web person in the whole entire world. What is she expecting or wanting out of this?
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Tofu said:

She irritates me like no other World Wide Web person in the whole entire world. What is she expecting or wanting out of this?

Attention and acclaim. 

She's more likely to get a lawsuit and infamy.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I saw that. It's a ridiculous standard. How about she defaults to not identifying potential victims unless they tell her it's okay rather than putting the burden on them? She has to know that even if they don't want their name out there they can't contact her before people have already read the post and talked about the people named in it.

(I removed the references to the family's identity from that quote, btw)

She's asking for that so she knows who to block. Guaranteed. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Now she gets to live out her mediating fantasy that she had for Jazz and Dwreck.

Someone ask her why she felt she could name a female sex abuse victim and not an adult male that JB had reserved for Jana. 

And in regards to the victim "emailing her to retract her name" I hope she emails her a libel suit instead. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 3

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Now she gets to live out her mediating fantasy that she had for Jazz and Dwreck.

Someone ask her why she felt she could name a female sex abuse victim and not an adult male that JB had reserved for Jana. 

And in regards to the victim "emailing her to retract her name" I hope she emails her a libel suit instead. 

Did she answer that question?

2 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

Did she answer that question?

I don't think this Q&A thing has happened yet, if she's "mediating" that questions would likely never get through. Because really, this isn't about the Duggars. It's about Pickles. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I feel like this definitely could've happened.  As a threat only to Josh. Whether they would actually follow through or her father would allow this a is a whole nother matter. I doubt it. 

I have a feeling that they thought both kids were guilty and that the girl was "consenting" to Josh's advances. That's the only way that punishing her could possibly make sense.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 5

For years and years there were these rumors about Josh. Nobody really believed them. Turned out they were true. For that reason, I think there is some truth in what Pickles posted. Given what we now know, why is this so hard to believe? How is that helping the victims? It doesn't. It only hurts. These sick, evil people need to be exposed and held accountable for what they have done and to prevent further abuse.

• Upvote 10

Why the f**k would that glorified drama queen key board warrior name an alledged victim?? That’s so many shades of wrong...and illegal (I think?) Victims have the right to anonymity, because they are victims! They have done nothing wrong. Whether that girl is a victim or not her name should not be here.

and for pickles to have the nerve to say in the comments that they can contact her if they want the name removed. She has a serious god complex. I hope she gets in legal trouble for this. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I agree that it is very inappropriate to name potential victims like that.

Regarding "Sam," if this is true it sounds like Sam came from an abusive situation too. It doesn't excuse naming victims who don't want to be named, but it just sounds like a shitty situation all around.

Even if "Sam" gave the alleged victims names to Pickles, she (Pickles) did NOT have to post them.  It's super easy to keep something like that private and still make a post.  We do it here all the time.   

• Upvote 24

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

For years and years there were these rumors about Josh. Nobody really believed them. Turned out they were true. For that reason, I think there is some truth in what Pickles posted. Given what we now know, why is this so hard to believe? How is that helping the victims? It doesn't. It only hurts. These sick, evil people need to be exposed and held accountable for what they have done and to prevent further abuse.

I wouldn’t be surprised if at least some of what ‘Sam’ posted is true, but I have a hard time believing they had first-hand knowledge based on the facts presented.  It’s the same reason a lot of people didn’t believe ‘Alice’ either...no one knew what she did/didn’t witness or heard second and third hand.

I won’t believe ‘Sam’ until they come forward and explain how they know what they know.  

Outing potential abuse victims is shitty no matter what and Sam should be ashamed for telling Pickles.  They should have known Pickles would post the story wholesale.  The good news is, I don’t think the tabloids will pick it up for legal reasons and optics...when the police report became public, InTouch claimed they knew the identity of the non-family victim yet kept quiet.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Outing potential abuse victims is shitty no matter what and Sam should be ashamed for telling Pickles.  They should have known Pickles would post the story wholesale.  The good news is, I don’t think the tabloids will pick it up for legal reasons and optics...when the police report became public, InTouch claimed they knew the identity of the non-family victim yet kept quiet.

Taking pickles word for it and Not to absolve Sam  but they might not know any better if they grew up in that environment too. I like to think if this is true then Sam had good intentions and being a teenager and raised in the cult I doubt they would understand. Pickles is really the one in the wrong here especially if she spoke with a lawyer. I mean I realize this is probably an unpopular opinion but I do think we can have some grace for people while still disagreeing with thier actions.

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, metheglyn said:

Attention and acclaim. 

She's more likely to get a lawsuit and infamy.

oh i really hope she gets it! i can't stand her, she is almost at the same evel of JRod! ugh my blood is boiling now

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Daisy0322 said:

Taking pickles word for it and Not to absolve Sam  but they might not know any better if they grew up in that environment too. I like to think if this is true then Sam had good intentions and being a teenager and raised in the cult I doubt they would understand. Pickles is really the one in the wrong here especially if she spoke with a lawyer. I mean I realize this is probably an unpopular opinion but I do think we can have some grace for people while still disagreeing with thier actions.

I agree that Sam probably suffered in some way from their upbringung, but they are an adult now, my guess is around Jana’s age.  How can they not see how wrong that is, especially since they no longer hold those beliefs? How could they violate someone’s privacy so they would be believed? 

Hey Pickles, protecting the identity of Jana’s rumored male beau (cuz he’s married with kids, you know) yet outing female abuse victims is abhorrent and just like the cult you claim you want to expose.  I hope you get sued.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 2

Can she be reported to Facebook for this?  Naming the victims of sexual assault (without their permission) has to be against some kind of rule.  I tried to report it but wasn't able to do so, there's no option to do so on the post.  

Just reported it, although I wasn't able to give a reason why.  I selected Harassment, then sent to FB to review.

Edited by SamiKatz
  • Upvote 7

Hmmm...I just thought of something....maybe Sam is one of the victims they named?  That’s why Pickles felt comfortable saying those names but not Jana’s beau?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, SamiKatz said:

Can she be reported to Facebook for this?  Naming the victims of sexual assault (without their permission) has to be against some kind of rule.  I tried to report it but wasn't able to do so, there's no option to do so on the post.  

Just reported it, although I wasn't able to give a reason why.  I selected Harassment, then sent to FB to review.

It has long been standard practice in journalism not to name victims or possible victims in sex assault cases, since fear of a public stigma can discourage survivors from reporting attacks or abuse. There is no law prohibiting the publication of such information. Additionally, Pickles is an anonymous Facebooker, not a journalist or recognized publication. Yeah, it was a shitty thing to do, but she doesn't have the same responsibilities or obligation as a real publication. On the other hand, if Pickles' post violates FB standards, FB can certainly remove the post. 

• Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Hmmm...I just thought of something....maybe Sam is one of the victims they named?  That’s why Pickles felt comfortable saying those names but not Jana’s beau?

Even if she's one of them it doesn't give her the right to speak for the other. I'd be surprised if that's who the source was. You'd think they'd go to an actual publication and not a fb page run by a wannabe Duggar savior. 

• Upvote 7

Boyfriend? Beau? It sounds like Jana was literally sold off! How could it have been a real relationship? It was okay with the parents but was it okay with her?? Was it something that she desired or was she manipuled or forced into it? It also sounds like this happened when she was 16 or younger. That’s  F’ed up. 

• Upvote 4

Pickles also said in the comments many times that the non sister victim was publicly named already anyway so it shouldn't matter now (paraphrasing)

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3

1 hour ago, Shadoewolf said:

Pickles also said in the comments many times that the non sister victim was publicly named already anyway so it shouldn't matter now (paraphrasing)

WTF?! What a stupid, insensitive woman Pickles is!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Sky with diamonds said:

WTF?! What a stupid, insensitive woman Pickles is!

I think this pickle person is an outcast of some sort.  Her general demeanor comes off clearly so, irl?  Probably not the kind of neighbor, coworker, customer you'd want around. The way she sees various relationships is off. I never believed she fostered. No way she's been around kids like that. This is what she's got and she got very unhealthy with it. She's a hall monitor gone crazy on her page.  And the humpers weird me out.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

After Razing Ruth, I am a total skeptic when it comes to these sorts of allegations. For all I know, Pickles is Ruth.

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

I hope Pickles gets sued over this. She is a legend in her own mind & needs to be taken down a couple notches. Get off your high horse! Sheesh!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Beermeet said:

I think this pickle person is an outcast of some sort.  Her general demeanor comes off clearly so, irl?  Probably not the kind of neighbor, coworker, customer you'd want around. The way she sees various relationships is off. I never believed she fostered. No way she's been around kids like that. This is what she's got and she got very unhealthy with it. She's a hall monitor gone crazy on her page.  And the humpers weird me out.  

I thought that she used to work as a teacher as well. Can't imagine that.

• Upvote 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic