IGNORED

Dillards 32: To VBAC or not to VBAC

Coconut Flan

The very brief announcement with no pictures and not outright saying that Samuel and Jill are okay is weird to me. I hope they are indeed okay.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Darwinesque said:

I would have liked more kids, but poor pregnancies meant we stopped at 2. I completely adore what I have.

We stopped at two for many small reasons that all added up to one big reason. RH factor was the medical reason(Long Story. Cliff Notes: The RH shots didn't work on my sister and I was too afraid to go through what she did so I stopped after the first positive child which was my second child overall). I would have liked more kids, too. I also adore the two I have. Better than none. I'm not complaining. Bless you and your two babies, Darwinesque. 

I too find the wording very short and odd with no mention of the 'usual' Mom & baby doing fine, but, this is Derrick, so who knows!  However, he did announce very quickly, at least I think so, after the birth and if something was off, I believe he would have waited... or at least most people would?

2 minutes ago, Sister Mozz said:

The very brief announcement with no pictures and not outright saying that Samuel and Jill are okay is weird to me. I hope they are indeed okay.

40 hours of labor that ended in a C-Section and no mom and baby are great statement? WIth Izzy he posted a picture.  Hmm. I am concerned. 

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Fuck. 

Now I share a birthday with a Dillard.

Glad that mother and baby are apparently doing well. Count me among those who don't think her labors were quite as long as she says. She probably thinks labor has started when she loses her mucus plug. I had my first after 6 hours of labor, counting from the first contraction to birth itself. But if I reckoned labor had started when I lost my mucus plug, that labor would have been 76 hours long!

Welcome to the dark side!

I'm hoping that Jill just doesn't want a picture of her and the baby. I mean they could have posted one of just Samuel but maybe she wanted to be in it for the announcement and she wanted the picture to not be rushed this time? 

15 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

Just a thought, but do you think Jill gets shamed, either directly or indirectly, for not being able to have in home, natural birth ? I always wondered if Fundies prescribed to that mommy shaming ideology

Shame is an integral part of Fundie culture. I'm sure that Jill gets a lot of implicit shame for having c-section babies/complicated labors (because God would bless you with an easy labor if you just prayed better or something).

And it really is a load of crap, all of it. Jill, if you read this, enjoy your two adorable giant babies and consider staying put in the States for a while; it will do you and your family a world of good. I know I'm kinda harsh on Jill, but I'm glad Samuel is here and presumably healthy, and that Jill is in good hands healthcare-wise.

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

I have doubts that she counts labor like normal people. She probably counts from when her water breaks, even if she's not having contractions. 

Water breaking starts the labor clock whether or not you are having contractions. My water broke Friday night, and I had no regular contractions. Saturday night I went in for pitocin, and DD was born sunday morning. 37 hours total. Interventions (in this case, pitocin and antibiotics) are timed based on when your water breaks. 

Personally, I'm just glad Samuelito wasn't born on 7/9 so I don't have to share my anniversary with a tiny Duggar. 

Maybe she wants Izzy to meet his little brother first before revealing him to the world. If it has only been 2 hours since the birth, which is a major abdominal surgery she may not have been able to have visitors yet. I'm basing this on my own reactions with my second and third births, it was really important to me that my boys had a chance to meet their new brother before everyone else did. Mind you, I'm me and she's a duggar so I may be miles off the mark lol

I'm glad mother and baby alright, but we all know damn well that Jill is going to be in a hurry to outdo Jessa. And don't think the dangers of repeated c-sections are gonna stop her :(

I might be the only one here actually stoked she had a c section.  Hear me out.

It may limit the size of their family quite substantially.  I personally don't want these girls saddled with a zillion kids. They spent their childhoods raising babies.

I don't even think they know what is good for them . They have been taught to deny negative feelings and be content.  So maybe Jill might only be good with a few kids more. And the decision is made for her. 

The Dillards don't need to be traipsing around the globe with eleventy kids in tow.

They can afford to keep the kids to a reasonable standard of living when the shit show dries up.

Each child will not have to compete with 14 siblings for love and attention.

Considering there seems to be something not right physically or mentally with either of them this might be a good option for them .  I just don't think the are capable of making wise decisions so if a c section comes again, which it probably will,  that might be really healthy for them as a family.

I had 4 c sections in less than 6 years. It is hard on the body. Dr.s are not too keen on surgery after you get that high either. Although I do know a woman who had 5 c sections. The last was finally a girl.

From 2008 till around 2010 I was a member of Above Rubies chat online. The women were catty, bitchy and very judgemental. If you had a c section, you might as well put an L on your forehead. 

Coninuous backbiting back and forth on if so and so was being punished by God. Wasn't faithful etc ensued if somebody knew about a c section somebody had.

The women were terrible. It was at the point where unassisted births were becoming something to achieve and it definitely put a crown on your head if you could pull it off.

Anyhow if that culture still exists, I feel bad for Jill. To try and fail in her world, is bad. To be a midwive wanna be, with all sorts of expectation because you might have some secret edge and then fail, would be hard to endure.

i am glad things are ok, and she ended up with a safe delivery.

I feel so bad for Jill that she didn't get the birth she'd hoped for. I'm sure she's devastated. I hope they are okay. Congratulations Dillard's. 

Maybe she should get induced next time because her babies get really big, so induction at like 38 or 39 weeks may be a better way for her to go to keep the baby from being a toddler on his or her way out. 

1 minute ago, Fluffy14 said:

it may limit the size of their family quite substantially.  I personally don't want these girls saddled with a zillion kids. They spent their childhoods raising babies.

It may limit them or it may mean that she will continue to put herself at risk. So I don't know what to think here. I would like to believe that Jill would do what was best for her...but I'm not sure if she would. Because she's been brainwashed to think that she has to have babies for Jesus. 

Ethel Kennedy , Bobby's wife had 11 children all by c/section. And that was over 50 years ago. They were good Catholics and wouldn't dare use birth control. 

7 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Interventions (in this case, pitocin and antibiotics) are timed based on when your water breaks. 

Yes, water breaking sets a time limit with most doctors and hospitals for when they want the baby out or how long they will wait before doing something, but it doesn't start the clock with most of them on the length of labor. 

1 minute ago, grt42btexan said:

Ethel Kennedy , Bobby's wife had 11 children all by c/section. And that was over 50 years ago. They were good Catholics and wouldn't dare use birth control. 

I just googled this because I couldn't believe it. Found a discussion on Snopes which linked to this birth announcement: http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,844710-1,00.html

Apparently her 11th child was her fifth c-section. That's still a lot of c-sections, but nothing close to 11.

I had very large babies. Two well over 10 lbs. one at 9lbs 14 oz and the last 8lbs 6oz.  The OB was very worried my uterus would not do another birth as it was tissue thin. Maybe big babies stretch the Uterus too much? I wonder how big those Kennedy babies were.

I know most think Jill is in a competition to have the most, quickest, etc.  However, she did wait (as far as we know) between pregnancies at least the recommended time advised by Drs.  

I think that if she was truly hell bent on being the first and having the most, nothing would have stopped her.  I do hope she listens to medical advice going forward.

We don't know that she waited on purpose. It could be that she was trying and trying and trying and just couldn't get pregnant again for a couple of years. I recall them making a few statements that definitely made it seem like they were not preventing. 

17 minutes ago, Jaedzia said:

We stopped at two for many small reasons that all added up to one big reason. RH factor was the medical reason(Long Story. Cliff Notes: The RH shots didn't work on my sister and I was too afraid to go through what she did so I stopped after the first positive child which was my second child overall). I would have liked more kids, too. I also adore the two I have. Better than none. I'm not complaining. Bless you and your two babies, Darwinesque. 

Out of curiosity, how did they know the shot didn't work for your sister? I'm RH negative as well and my daughter (second pregnancy and first live birth) is RH positive. I figure the Doctors would mention the shot not working?

21 minutes ago, Smoochie said:

I too find the wording very short and odd with no mention of the 'usual' Mom & baby doing fine, but, this is Derrick, so who knows!  However, he did announce very quickly, at least I think so, after the birth and if something was off, I believe he would have waited... or at least most people would?

My nephew was in NICU for a few hours due to breathing issues. His parents waited to publicly announce until he was released that night.

My daughter was taken to NICU about five or so minutes after her birth. We knew she would be there for at least a week. We announced over a day after she was born after having a bit of time to see how she was doing and to absorb the very unexpected turn of events. And when we did, we kept it simple:

Gave her name and birth info, that she arrived early, Mom and baby doing well. Attached one photo of her a Nurse took on husband's phone when he visited her in NICU. 

I really don't see any reason to worry based off the Dill's announcement. I think if something were truly wrong they either would have waited to announce until later or they would have mentioned it in the initial announcement. 

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

We don't know that she waited on purpose. It could be that she was trying and trying and trying and just couldn't get pregnant again for a couple of years. I recall them making a few statements that definitely made it seem like they were not preventing. 

I know, which is why I phrased it that way.  It may have been co-incidental that it worked out that way, but, I really want to give her the benefit of the doubt at this point that she did listen to the Drs. and understands the possible dangers to her health!   I guess we'll have a fairly good idea if she spaces the next one appropriately.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

And maybe Derwreck was the culprit. If, like some people on this thread are speculation, her husband finds her annoying, I doubt he was in the mood for babymaking as often as shed have liked. 

9 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Yes, water breaking sets a time limit with most doctors and hospitals for when they want the baby out or how long they will wait before doing something, but it doesn't start the clock with most of them on the length of labor. 

Even if it's not "officially" counted, I certainly count it and can't blame Jill if she did the same. I was having contractions, but they weren't regular. Sometimes every minute, sometimes every 15. I didn't get in the pattern they'd like to see. But, I was having contractions, leaking amniotic fluid, and periodically vomiting. The suggestion the first 24 hours before the pitocin didn't count is kind of insulting. 

There is no reason for us to try and make labor into a competition. Let's leave that to the fundies. 

7 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I'm leaving the country on Wednesday too. These folks always deliver when I'm out of the country.

and bam because they knew it 

she delivered by c section again - is anyone else surprised? 40 hours of labour - my goodness

my estimate she will only allowed to get pregnant again in March 2019 
and he is HUGE 

Who won the poll ?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived