IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 23: Transformed to Evil

14 hours ago, Evangeline said:

SilverBeach, exactly! And TMI time: I definitely don't need any coconut oil. :GPn0zNK:

So - what would have been helpful advice, imho, would have been articulating that there are a number of lubricants available that are designed to increase the pleasure of not only the male, but also the female, and that trying some of these is a good thing within marriage.

And my TMI time:  strangely enough, we use this type from time to time because my husband wants me to enjoy our time together as much or more than he does!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far no drugs (besides a steroid treatment) or lotions will stop the itching. Makes me go insane.)

In the things I learned this week, Benadryl can be applied topically by using the children's liquid and lasts about 24 hours.  It can be mixed with lotion or cream.  The vet suggested it for Dawg, but said it's OK for humans, too.

I also have a sun reaction.  Rather than wear heavy regular clothes, I buy clothes made from treated cloth such as Sun Precautions.  They're expensive, but one shirt lasts for years.  They're more light weight and breathable, plus more effective.  I take plaquenil for the sun itch and rash and for other reasons, but the benefits need to out weigh the risks with that one.

@quiversR4hunting

https://thingsgodlywomensay.tumblr.com/post/162713909914/who-wears-short-shorts

@TeddyBonkers

The quote into today's post is from Catherine yesterday. There are a few screenshots here and at the tumblr. It was her comment that kept disapearing. Lori finally decided to leave her a snobby reply and then deleted the whole exchange. Guess she wanted to gone so she could hoard it for blog material. 

I reached out to Catherine yesterday and shared with her this thread. 

I am beyond disgusted that she made a post of that comment and made a HUGE leap comparing what she says to those who who wear vagina hats. She twisted her words the worst I have ever seen. You can support wearing shorts without supporting vagina hats. 

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

@Joyce first, you win the internet today! second, did anyone else see the picture before she/they deleted the picture?

@AlwaysDiscerning will the picture be on the deleted f/b and your tumbler page? This picture is gold!

I was debating on posting this pic on the undeleted page, but I had heard that it was from Lori's DIL's private Instagram, so I wasn't sure if I should.  Now that it's been public on fb, I suppose it's fair game, What do ya'll think?

10 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am beyond disgusted that she made a post of that comment and made a HUGE leap comparing what she says to those who who wear vagina hats. She twisted her words the worst I have ever seen. You can support wearing shorts without supporting vagina hats. 

Indeed.  But if you want to wear a vagina hat?  I'd say go for it.  Wear whatever the heck you want, and don't wear what you don't want.  We may end up with people running around in clothing and accessories that are well beyond my personal limit, but I'd rather err on the side of freedom than slavery to people like Aunt Lori. 

3 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I was debating on posting this pic on the undeleted page, but I had heard that it was from Lori's DIL's private Instagram, so I wasn't sure if I should.  Now that it's been public on fb, I suppose it's fair game, What do ya'll think?

Her page was public when it was posted here.  Soon after it was magically made private.  The pictures will stay up here because they were posted from a public account.   No backsies for hypocritical Godly Mentors :)

14 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am beyond disgusted that she made a post of that comment and made a HUGE leap comparing what she says to those who who wear vagina hats.

They were not "vagina hats.'  They were hats with kitty cat ears (pussy cat hats).

My husband went to that march and proudly took the 40 hats I made to donate to others that wanted them at the march.  He had given them all away to people while actually traveling to the march (on the metro, the walk to the march location, etc).

pussyhat.jpg

I don't know about that rest of you, but the above is not at all what my vagina looks like.  If Lori's does, I suggest she seek a medical opinion stat!

What's Aunt Lori going to do with this comment?  Will she even recognize the source?  

blessed be the fruit.jpg

@Curious This is my 4th summer trying to figure it out. :(  I stop having reactions in about October. :)  The first summer we (doc & I) thought bon fire, soap, environment, etc. 2nd summer we thought bon fire and then eventually sun tried a couple of drugs and lotions & then it was the end of summer. Last summer I went to Cleveland Clinic for more tests and a plan of action. This spring my local allergist and I started early with the plan and it has taken this long to get it up and going with insurance approvals, etc.

I have tried: Benadryl (topical and oral); Claritin (generic equivalent); Claritin D (generic equivalent); Zyrtec (10mg 3 times a day); Hydroxyzine HCL; Eczema lotion (all kinds, Aveeno, etc); Eucerin; Hydrocortisone (2.5%); Silvadene (gave some soothing but didn’t take it away); Gold Bond medicated lotion; CeraVe itch relief moisturizer; Suave advanced body lotion; and Aloe. I stopped short of trying Rodan + Fields that someone suggested, it was like $80 for the lotion. My allergist & I are currently trying Xolair. I have had 2 shots so far. It hasn’t prevented the itching but the itching duration has gone down from 4 weeks to 1 week. I think that is a win!

@Coconut Flan – last year I finally invested in breathable/sun protection clothing. I purchased a couple of these: http://www.ariat.com/SUNSTOPPER_1_4_ZIP_W_APP.html?dwvar_SUNSTOPPER__1__4__ZIP__W__APP_color=DUTCH_BLUE#sz=12&start=41 they have breathable mesh on the under part of my arm. I also purchased tank tops to put under button up cotton shirts that I leave unbuttoned. I also purchased the long black skirt and a pair of light weight pants to wear when it is too hot for jeans. I wear shorts when I am going in and out of stores or know I am going somewhere with shade (my neighbor’s house to watch the 4th of July Parade for example). Little league softball fields have no shade and I like wearing the team shirt so I just suffer in the heat for those few hours and bring a chair with shade. I now have a long sleeve rash guard that I wear when swimming. I still wear regular bottoms and just keep my legs underwater. I also run but I run in tanks and shorts and try not to be out more than 45 minutes and run in the early morning or late evening to avoid the strongest rays (and heat- heat and running do not mix for anyone!)

My primary doctor and I say that I am an enigma wrapped in a riddle. :D

Wow, you've really tried a lot.  My only other thought is have you ever been tested for SLE or the skin only version?  That's why I itch from the sun.  It might be your only symptom and mine is much worse in the summer than the winter.  Best of luck in finding ways to stop it. 

5 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

My primary doctor and I say that I am an enigma wrapped in a riddle. :D

I feel ya here :)

That is a long list and all my suggestions are on it.  That sucks.  At least it's seasonal if I'm reading you right.  I hope you are able to get some relief with your new treatment plan!

Why would Lori delete the picture of herself in Door County?  She's stated emphatically (on multiple occasions) that she, the godliest of mentors, dresses modestly.  

If that was simply a picture of her dressed modestly (likely taken on the very day she made her modesty post), she should have defended it, and even used it as an example of how a godly woman dresses.  Same with her navy, cut to the navel shirt.  Post the pictures proudly, and show her readers just how it's supposed to be done.

But she can't do that.  Because she's wearing the very things she makes middle of the night videos about other women wearing.  If her readers knew that rule was just to keep The Horse of Truth from wandering off, then they might call her for being the hypocrite she is.  

I hope it gets posted again.  Same with the navy shirt.  It's ridiculous the way she shames women.

@KoalaYes, I was thinking just that. What are you trying to hide? No need to make Emily's instagram private if you don't have anything to hide. No need to delete that comment if you don't feel like you are a hypocrite. Truth is she could probably leave it up there and none of her fan club would even pick up on it. They would just praise her and say "looks like you are enjoying your vacation" glossing over the elephant in the room. 

If I recall correctly, Sunshine Mary, had to go and block some of her daughters social media accounts because her daughter had pictures up that didn't add up to her having 5 daughters. If these women are going to use real name, lie and live another lifestyle offline they really have to get the whole family in on the lie. 

From the comments on today's blog entry, we're again reminded that only skanky hoochie mamas breastfeed their babies in public. Modest mamas do it under blankets or other coverings or stay hidden away in their homes where they can slap and pinch their babies as needed.

(Fun fact: I was a skanky hoochie mama, yo.)

Oh, and those pink knitted hats look nothing like vaginas, which are, after all, nothing more than tunnel-like muscle-y openings that connect the outside of the body to the uterus. Maybe Lori needs an anatomy lesson.

21 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

What's Aunt Lori going to do with this comment?  Will she even recognize the source?  

blessed be the fruit.jpg

I love that Ofken and The Activist Mommy don't understand these references.

She knows full well those pictures don't meet her (supposed) standard of modesty, and that's why she went through her FB accounts and deleted them.  Same with the wedding picture of the nanny at her youngest daughter's wedding.  That's where we got the "nanny sent from heaven" comment- straight from Lori herself.

Once Lori (who most definitely reads here, despite Ken's claim that he doesn't allow her to) caught wind of the fact that people were noticing that she'd had a nanny herself, she had to delete it.  It's kind of hard to criticize other women for having nannies, while proudly bragging about how your own nanny held your baby "for hours a day" when you left her to cry.

26 minutes ago, Curious said:

That is a long list and all my suggestions are on it.  That sucks.  At least it's seasonal if I'm reading you right.  I hope you are able to get some relief with your new treatment plan!

It is only seasonal, so I do get relief during the winter. :)

28 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Wow, you've really tried a lot.  My only other thought is have you ever been tested for SLE or the skin only version?  That's why I itch from the sun.  It might be your only symptom and mine is much worse in the summer than the winter.  Best of luck in finding ways to stop it. 

Itching is my only symptom. But my primary, allergist and Cleveland tested me for Lupus, MS, cancer and all sorts of stuff I have never heard of. They were all sure (and they are right) that I don't have an autoimmune disease because autoimmune diseases don't stop seasonally :) BTW - I am really glad I tested negative for autoimmune and cancer. I would rather cover up for the rest of my life than deal with a potentially deadly or debilitating disease.

I can vote for itching seasonally over having lupus.  It isn't fun, but it isn't as limiting.  Still it would be great to get rid of the itching.  And for the doctors, it's odd, but my lupus flare ups usually are somewhat seasonal.  I am guaranteed at least one each spring and usually one each fall.  I can pop one any time of the year if I do certain thing though plus the random ones.

If my memory serves, Lori has said she's never read "The Handmaid's Tale". 

Color me surprised. 

Too bad Lori and Ken don't live in LA. Hulu sent out women dressed as handmaids around the city for Emmy campaigning a few weeks ago.

Ok, @Coconut Flan, @quiversR4hunting and all ya'll other God-forsaken heathen folks....Just run on out now and get you some black salve, some ORGANIC greens, and some coconut oi.  And if I even so much as think you're thinking about putting that ebil, nasty sunscreen on, I'm gonna line ya'll up and slap the lot o'ya.  :naughty:

**please don't beat me!  I don't wanna go back in the closet!**  :potstir:

In all seriousness, I do feel for anyone who has to deal with an affliction that can't be solved with the snap of Lori's super tanned fingers.  IMHO dealing with issues in a thoughtful, educated manner far outweighs the righteousness that comes out of wives tales that may or may not work.  :bigheart:

Ok clearly I do not know everything about this woman. I do know that what she says is counter to women's safety, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I have a question . Do any of you see marks on her legs? Bites? Dark shadows? Bruises?

Bruises don't necessarily mean abuse. When we were renovating our homes the spring and summer brought on lots of bruises on my legs. From hitting myself on everything.  I called it the bruising season. My husband was horrified when I wore shorts. He thought people would think he was beating me up.

ummm I don't think she is looking to modest.  Just saying.

Obviously I am late to the party. I got this off. Things Godly Women say.  Is that Okay? 

image.jpeg

Is it ok to post the modest pic of the Godly Mentor on her FB page?

If I post it I will be banned or blocked, will I still be able to read her FB? Because I really really need my daily dose of words of wisdom craziness :32:

*Disclaimer* This has nothing to do with looks, but I don't think those are bruises, I just think she has really bad skin.  

She's convinced sunscreen will give her cancer, and she's all the time rubbing black salve and any other crazy concoction she can get ahold of on her skin.

Again, nothing at all about looks, but it has aged her.  

Also, if Ken laid a finger on her, I think we'd be reading about it in the news.  I'm pretty sure he's afraid of The Godly Mentor, just like her children were.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived