IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 23: Transformed to Evil

33 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Aunt Lori says 'After a week of ice dipping, it was all better.' I wonder how hard she was kicking? 

Probably pretty hard.  Lori likes inflicting pain, and insists that it's the best teacher.  

I guess in this case, she learned not to kick defenseless animals.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Fluffy14 said:

Bruises don't necessarily mean abuse. When we were renovating our homes the spring and summer brought on lots of bruises on my legs. From hitting myself on everything.  I called it the bruising season. My husband was horrified when I wore shorts. He thought people would think he was beating me up.

I'm pretty sure they're just liver spots. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/age-spots/symptoms-causes/dxc-20309137

I am not seeing the Plexus.  It would honestly surprise me, because Lori is generally adverse to any kind of work, even the kind you do from home.

Look at this comment from her second modesty post:

As if a baby will even remember nursing under a cover when they are older! And when babies try to pull covers off its not because they don’t like it, its most likely because they just want to play with the cover or see whats going on. Train them not to pull it down or go somewhere private! “How would you like to eat with a blanket over your head?” Really?! That a horrible excuse used by vain women who want to show their breasts off.

Oh and it’s not necessary to wear shorts (short shorts or otherwise) when its hot out. A knee length to long skirt made with a light material is just as cool if not more so than shorts.

Only in fundie land do babies have to be "trained" to happily eat under a blanket to "protect" a grown man from "stumbling".

For such Manly Command Men, they sure do require a lot of coddling.  

Effing ridiculous.

Anyway, at least she mentions Lori's short shorts.  There's that.

7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

@feministxtianthey are gorgeous!  I want to give them snuggles right now!  

Here are our newest babies. Helen is the tabby, Andy the little tuxedo kitty. 

IMG_7403.JPG

O.M.G.  They are so fucking adorable and killing my resolve to not get another kitten until my older girls pass away.

I love the names, Helen and Andy.  I assume you were an Andy Griffith show fan?

18 minutes ago, Koala said:

Train them not to pull it down or go somewhere private! “How would you like to eat with a blanket over your head?” Really?! That a horrible excuse used by vain women who want to show their breasts off.

Haha, yeah, I didn't care about showing my breasts off. I don't know of a single nursing mom who ever wanted to draw attention to what she was doing.

Spoiler

(yeah, I've heard the anecdotal stories -- not interested in hearing them again, sorry. A single woman trying to create a scene in the name of activism or whatever does not negate the experiences of hundreds of other moms just peacefully nursing their babies).

Most of them just want to feed their babies in peace without attracting the attention of lechers, perverts and lecturing old biddies like Lori. They definitely don't want to deal with ignorant store managers or security guards. They just want to FEED THEIR BABIES.

People are so stupid. 

1 minute ago, polecat said:

People are so stupid.

Boy Howdy!

I was an evil formula feeding mom, but I have seen plenty of people breastfeed babies over my lifetime.  Maybe I'm not paying enough attention, but when a baby is latched on, you can't see any breast to speak of, IME.

I guess I have missed all these women swinging their tatas around for the general public before latching their screaming, hungry child on.

5 minutes ago, Curious said:

O.M.G.  They are so fucking adorable and killing my resolve to not get another kitten until my older girls pass away.

I love the names, Helen and Andy.  I assume you were an Andy Griffith show fan?

Yes!  They are named for the Andy Griffith characters. It's funny how younger people react to their names "oh.  Neat names."  Our generation and older: "OH MY GOSH!  From Mayberry!!!"  

Of course, my daughter thinks of the movie "Bridesmaids" and says "Helen" like Kristen Wigg's  character says it - all whiny and resentful "HELLL-en!"  Helen is the...um high maintenance...one. She is so feisty but SOOOOO cute!  

10 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

It's my pleasure to properly rebuke a wayward woman. I could see your sin through the phone screen & just knew you'd been deceived by the feminists. Your best course of action is to go right now! Go give your poor, hardworking husband 10 minutes of your womanly time & allow him to firmly & biblically punish you as appropriate. That should begin the removal of the taint of your sin, followed up by complete denial of modern medicine. Now flee my child to your headship! 

I have one more question, oh dear goddess of this heathen. I am suffering with awful allergies right now and have been coughing so much I can't breath during the attack or it produces a lot of gross phlegm. Do I wait until I am better before giving my hardworking husband 10 minutes or do go forward even though a coughing attack may ensue? I know the godly mentor says not to floss in front of my man but I am unsure what I should do about my phlegmy coughs and my 10 minute duty.

seriously, kicking a cat? I have tripped over dogs (we have never had cats) and told them to go lay down but kick my dog on purpose, oh not a chance. Even my mom, who is not an animal lover at all (she doesn't even pet dogs or cats), would never allow for anyone to abuse an animal. She grew up on a farm that slaughtered animals for food (pig, chickens, cows- btw pigs are MEAN) and even the livestock being raised for dinner were never abused.

@Pink Muffin AWESOME!!!! So the picture has been posted on her f/b at least 3 times, I wonder how many fan girls of hers have seen it. I also wonder how her moderators feel about it!

@usmcmom your babies are absolutely adorable!! 

That pic was from when they were babies...they look pretty much the same now, just MUCH bigger. I'd say they were spoiled, but according to my husband that'd be an understatement. Neither one likes being picked up however, they will pretty much come when called, especially if they figure out that treats or skritches are in that deal. Leia (the female) is the queen of headbutts. She will walk along the back of the couch and head butt you. The first time is gentle and if you don't react to it, she'll do it again, harder. If you don't react to that one, you hget the concussion causing head butt from hell! Luke, on the other hand, is nowhere near as subtle. He just jumps up, gets up in your face and whines. Sorta like a dog. We say he has species identification issues. 

Enjoy the babies and keep the pics coming!

I am getting ready to send my copy of The power of a transformed wife to @Curious (sorry for the delay)

I was looking up the modesty section to take a couple pictures and realized she didn't number the chapters correctly! Wow. Way to edit! For future readers, I wrote in the correct numbers. 

20170708_102228.thumb.jpg.0149d8f7db18ac04005753d6e193bc99.jpg

This picture shows Andy during his first couple days with us and present day. We used a syringe to squirt water into his mouth just to keep him hydrated. He did not really eat for the first two days unless we really forced it. We moved from bottle feeding them formula to thickening it some with a litttle canned food. Then we put thicker formula in bowls and gradually gave them more canned food; eventually doing a canned/dry mixture.  Now they are on all dry food. Helen was never nearly as sick as Andy. We did save his eye, thank goodness, but it still looks a bit different than his other one. 

He was such a sick little fellow. I'd medicate him, squeeze some food into his mouth and then wrap him in a towel and he would instantly fall asleep. His breathing was so labored for three days I was scared each morning I was going to find him dead. I have a huge soft spot for my little fighter. He still likes to be cradled in my elbow as he falls asleep. 

IMG_7407.JPG

@quiversR4huntingLOL, seriously! What about that big time fancy schmancy editor she had? I guess that would be on him? Someone should include this little fact in an amazon review. 

@usmcmom aww...such a little fighter! And kudos for being such a great kitten mama! Leia is laying in my lap making sure she gets ALL the skritches. They're both very affectionate and talkative. There's nothing quite like kitty lovins. 

About breastfeeding with the baby under a cover. To me that´s so wrong because nursing time is bonding time, for a newborn baby the mommys face is just exact where it needs to bee for the baby to see mommy. And a little older baby needs eye-to-eye contact with mommy (or any human beeing)

When you have the baby under a cover you miss all thi. And I have the feeling that fundie mothers nurse their babies like this all the time, because you can´t show boobs to the older children.

1 hour ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@quiversR4huntingLOL, seriously! What about that big time fancy schmancy editor she had? I guess that would be on him? Someone should include this little fact in an amazon review. 

Good idea! I'll do that a little later :D

31 minutes ago, Pink Muffin said:

About breastfeeding with the baby under a cover. To me that´s so wrong because nursing time is bonding time, for a newborn baby the mommys face is just exact where it needs to bee for the baby to see mommy. And a little older baby needs eye-to-eye contact with mommy (or any human beeing)

When you have the baby under a cover you miss all thi. And I have the feeling that fundie mothers nurse their babies like this all the time, because you can´t show boobs to the older children.

Funny story, one of my kids was a distracted baby. I bottle fed all mine so no modest issues ;)but with the distracted one, I almost always had to go somewhere less stimulating or cover her to get her to drink her bottle! She is still easily distracted, she is so excited about everything.

@usmcmom and @feministxtian may Rufus bless you mightily for rescuing those fluffy balls of love and joy.

usmcmom - that little tabby looks like my girl kitty. I have a soft spot on my heart for tabbies.

I wanna jump into those pictures and snuggle the kittens. And speaking of rescue kittens, this is my latest obsession: 

Absolutely terrible for my work productivity.

2 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I was looking up the modesty section to take a couple pictures and realized she didn't number the chapters correctly! Wow. Way to edit! For future readers, I wrote in the correct numbers.

Oh, this is fantastic! I have the Kindle version and there are pages that come up blank. Are there photos or images between the chapters that I'm missing? I'll have to see if the table of contents matches the Kindle pages.

On 7/6/2017 at 0:20 PM, AlwaysDiscerning said:

I am refreshing every 3 minutes. This was deleted in 5 mins. Its going to be a busy deleting day.

Inkedcatherine_LI.jpg.d6b044a9c082be4388162b51a1a5e0da.jpg

Two words for Lori:  HOT FLASHES :D:D

@HarryPotterFan Almighty Rufus has blessed me beyond belief with my critters. When our lives crumbled we had to rehome our pups. Praise Rufus that through a friend of a friend we were able to keep them together and they are living a wonderful life. It would have been cruel to keep the pups in a tiny apartment and no yard when they were used to a yard to run around in. They have a yard and a boy. We were able to keep the felines. I still miss my pups like crazy though...I loved them so much. Maybe someday I'll be able to rescue a pup again, if we ever have a house and yard again. The felines have adapted well to the craziness of the last couple of years, from when we had to live in our truck and they were living in a large dog crate in the back of the truck, to the temporary studio apartment to the "oversized closet" to now...we've had no episodes of going potty in inappropriate places, no trying to run away (they're scared shitless of outside). We got them microchipped at a Veteran's event so even if they do get out, they'll come home. 

I know I sound like some sort of crazy cat/critter lady but the felines have been almost a sort of security blanket for me to cope with the insanity of the last few years. They seem to be able to read my moods. Today my back and neck are hurting a lot, like a 5-6 even after pain meds...and they're being all cuddly and close to me. I honestly think if I'd had to give up the felines along with my pups I'd have just found a way to off myself. Don't worry...I'm not there now...things are pretty good, we're pretty well settled and our finances are much better than they used to be...thank God for higher rent, we qualified for SNAP again. 

Ok...I'm done with the spewing...Rufus bless all of you...

23 minutes ago, KatBonD said:

Oh, this is fantastic! I have the Kindle version and there are pages that come up blank. Are there photos or images between the chapters that I'm missing? I'll have to see if the table of contents matches the Kindle pages.

Before each chapter there is a pattern on the page. The pattern is the background pattern on the cover of the book. If I didn't count those as pages (which I did because they are pages), the page numbers were still way off. 

Obviously neither Lori nor her fancy schmancy editor know how to designate styles and create/ update a Table of Contents in Word.

And for sure neither of them know how to proofread.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived