IGNORED

Aunt Lori Alexander 23: Transformed to Evil

Oh and it’s not necessary to wear shorts (short shorts or otherwise) when its hot out. A knee length to long skirt made with a light material is just as cool if not more so than shorts.

Ha haa! Busted! :pb_lol:

Hypocrite!

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Obviously neither Lori nor her fancy schmancy editor know how to designate styles and create/ update a Table of Contents in Word.

And for sure neither of them know how to proofread.

Years ago I made a family cookbook - everything that I could gather from all generations. I did it in Word and used the Table of Contents function. It worked like a charm. 

And the proofreading omg. Over and over again. I was so careful but mistakes were still hiding. 

How could you do any less for a book that will be (vanity) published and sold?

33 minutes ago, Celtic Rose said:

Lori in chat room

Describe your relationship with your mother in law 

Begin the countdown to a blog post on relationships with mothers-in-law.

10-9-8...

I've not spoken to my MIL since 2013. I don't plan on speaking to her any time in the foreseeable future. 

3 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

I have the feeling that fundie mothers nurse their babies like this all the time, because you can´t show boobs to the older children.

Which just ingrains in the other kids the idea that breasts are inappropriate and sexual in all situations, including feeding a baby. Ugh. 

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I've not spoken to my MIL since 2013. I don't plan on speaking to her any time in the foreseeable future. 

I'm sorry. :(  I've always gotten along brilliantly with my mother in law. She's a very live-and-let-live sort of person, even now in the throes of Alzheimer's (:cry:). My father in law, on the other hand... :angry-cussingblack::angry-tappingfoot::angry-screaming:

@Loveday - She would never allow a discussion about relationships with father-in-laws because women should never speak negatively of men. It would be interesting to know if she allows women to speak of bad relationships with their MILs.

Oh, I'm sure she would. She'd jump on the opportunity to bemoan the fact that there are so few 'godly older women' to mentor the younger ones. :roll:

Both of my husband's parents passed before we got together.

Her utter dismissal of "would you like to eat with your head under a blanket? " - she doesn't actually address the question, just laughs it off as an excuse. Proving she doesn't equate babies as full human beings, IMO.  Why does it matter if an adult (real person) would be OK with eating under a blanket or not? We're talking about a baby, so there's obviously no correlation!  That's what the thought process looks like to me, in any case. 

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

Both of my husband's parents passed before we got together.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's good that he has you as family. (hugs)

Screenshot_2017-07-08-17-59-18.thumb.png.314221f774ef326d95446a82c0109156.png

Screenshot_2017-07-08-18-02-06.png

So Ken is now indirectly responding too the shorts photo. Ha how the story changes now that she was caught. So basically if boob or vaginal lips aren't showing, there is no problem. It's not immodest to show leg because Hell what man would get lust over leg.

Why not let her short photo stay up then? ? If 99% of men won't find it lust or hypocritical.

16 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

So Ken is now indirectly responding too the shorts photo. Ha how the story changes now that she was caught. So basically if boob or vaginal lips aren't showing, there is no problem. It's not immodest to show leg because Hell what man would get lust over leg.

So 99.9% of men don't think women's legs are sexy now? And I hate to tell Kenny-boy, but those shorts Aunt Lori is wearing in that pic don't look mid-thigh to me! 

Today in "Ken Alexander's Statistics that He Pulled Out of His Ass"....

You all are going to have to read that in an old-timey newscaster voice for the best effect.

Oooh doing some back peddling are they? Gotta save that brand. Things must be bad in Lori's world right now. Has Ken responded before when she has been in hot water?

I seem to recall in old movies and TV, legs are indeed something to lust at. In fact my mother made a point of telling me she had great legs and that it was something the men really like about her. Mind you she's 84.  But clearly men enjoy legs.

Reasonableness dictates that shorts, so long as the [sic] are not short shorts, is [sic] permissible to [sic] a Christian woman to wear, depending on context and her audience. Few if any men will be lusting after knee mid-thigh shorts, and if they are, then that is their problem and not the woman’s.

Grammar aside :pb_rollseyes:, tell us Ken: Exactly what's the rule for when it's the man's problem, and when it's the woman's? Can you tell us the exact length of shorts that are no longer "short shorts," such that the woman is absolved? The exact depth of her neckline? Maybe that's in the Bible somewhere? And now that you've told us shorts can be OK, is Lori going to respect your headship and go back and correct everything she's written about "wear lightweight skirts; shorts are never necessary"? /snark

Good grief... these people. You have to work hard to achieve this mix of asshattery and hypocrisy and post-hoc self-justification.

1 hour ago, BlackSheep said:

I'm sorry to hear that. It's good that he has you as family. (hugs)

Thank you.  Unfortunately, he himself passed in 2005; our 20th anniversary would have been the 26th.

Let's break down Ken's comment:

Reasonableness dictates that shorts, so long as the are not short shorts, is permissible to a Christian woman to wear, depending on context and her audience. 

Reasonableness according to whom?  This isn't Bible at all...it's modesty according to the Alexanders (which means: one rule for Lori and daughters/dils, another rule for everyone else).

Seriously though, I want to know where Ken finds this in scripture.

Few if any men will be lusting after knee mid-thigh shorts, and if they are, then that is their problem and not the woman’s.

That's the exact opposite of what Lori asserts in her post.

Some people want to put Christian Freedom in a box of does and don’ts and it does not fit.

Yes, your wife!  

Who gets to decide what is reasonable?  Lori?  Ken?

I mean come on.  These people set up a list of rules, break everyone one of them, and then start screaming about their Christian Freedom.  :pb_rollseyes:

Face it Ken- Lori's a hypocrite, and the pictures prove it.

If lusting is the man's problem, then why does modesty matter? It's their damn problem if they find legs or shoulder or clavicles or breastfeeding sexual.

So 99.9 percent of men don't find shorts sexy, but Ken is aroused by the sight of women breastfeeding ...

And Lori thinks the breastfeeding mothers are the ones with the problem?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

58 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Thank you.  Unfortunately, he himself passed in 2005; our 20th anniversary would have been the 26th.

Then more and bigger hugs to you. I promise to be thinking of you on the 26th.

According to Ken's Rules:

Exhibit A

IMG_3771.JPG.e2370630a7489766c78752bd8a63a083.JPG

Exhibit B

IMG_3776.JPG.01aca282005d19d9cb0bb69bd043ad41.JPG

The Godly Mentor's shorts were as short as Exhibit B, if not shorter.

Verdict according to Ken's Rules: Guilty

@blacksheep, that is great! Can I put that on the tumblr? I will accompany it with Ken's quotes. 

When they get caught in their own lies, Ken rides in on his Horse of TRUTH talking about being reasonable, "Christian Freedom", and "no one putting baby under the law".

In all of Ken's diatribe, he didn't cite a single shred of scripture.  He was covering their asses, pure and simple.  

What he doesn't want to tell Lori's readers, is that they are creating their own religion, where they set the rules (for everyone else), and demand freedom and adoration for themselves.

When on Lori's blog have you ever seen her call for "Christian Freedom" for someone else?  As someone mentioned up-thread, does she want "Christian Freedom" for women to breastfeed in public?  No, of course not, but nobody better try to put her "under the law" when she's prancing around in a navy shirt cut down to her navel, or shorts cut so high that they could only be called "short shorts".  

Lori's whole blog is dedicated to setting rules for other women.  Shaming them.  She posted pictures of her son's classmates in their prom dresses, for the express purpose of shaming them for being immodest.  Those girls had no chance to delete the images Lori put on display, and the crazy thing, is that those dresses were much more modest than some of the get ups we've seen on Lori.  Yet, when Lori's readers post pictures of her in immodest outfits, those are deleted right away. No explanation, nothing.  Just pretend it didn't happen and go right back to shaming others.

I think there are two things at the heart of Lori's modesty obsession:

1) Ken.  He's creepy.  Flat out creepy.  I've seen him hit on women in Lori's comment section, and I've seen him try to convince a FJ member to send him her address so he could send her candy.  The way he talks about his dils is over the top, too.

I doubt they go anywhere that he doesn't stare at other women.

2) Jealousy.  I think Lori is extremely concerned with her looks, and I think she's jealous of anyone she thinks of as prettier.  

None of it has anything to do with Jesus, and none of the rules apply to her.

Ken's response is his way of addressing us while the fan club stays in the dark of whats going on behind the scenes. He words it in vague enough terms not to let on. 

Ken, If what Lori is wearing in the shorts photo is appropriate then I suggest she post that picture proudly of an example of modest shorts.  No need to keep deleting it every time it is posted to facebook as if you have something to hide.  

Your comment goes against everything Lori wrote in her post. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived