IGNORED

Maxwell 10: Following the 15 minute schedule and the monthly menu

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Slight conspiracy theory, but do we even know if Prissy Chrissy and family attend Stevehovah's church on a full time basis like everyone else? Maybe that's why they're not in the photo and Josh hasn't been baptised yet ... extremely minute religious differences in faith?

Abby IIRC was at least six when she was baptized.  As far as Prissy Chris is concerned maybe he and family wen to see Amish Anna's family in Washington state, I hope.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christopher was there with his family, they are in the picture.

Oh wow; another way-young baptism. Come on, those of you who were raised in believers' baptism homes, how many were baptized this young and are still going? And was it really YOUR choice?

I was 17 when I was baptized. I remember our grade 1 Sunday school taking a tour of the baptism tank. It looked really big and deep, and a comment I made about that had my teacher explain that that's why you're older when you're baptized. In the Mennonite church I grew up in, the youngest age I saw was 10. At the Baptist church, there have been a few who were 5-6, and most recent were a 9-year-old and 11-year-old.

I do remember some people asking to be baptized around the age of the Maxwell granddaughters, but being told they had to wait until age 12. Most were good with that, but a few resented it. And in one country in I think South America, it's the law that no one can be baptized until age 15.(some missionaries we were supporting reported that, and there would be baptisms planned again after such person's 15th birthday.

Again, time will tell what the other Maxwell grandchildren do, and if these girls grow up to say they did this originally to make Grandpa happy more than to show THEIR choice to follow Jesus.

Yep, Chris's family was there. In one of the photos Teri is sitting on the ground with lydia on her lap, and Joshua is visible in the background of another photo.

NEW POST!!! About dieting. Specifically Eat to Live by Dr Fuhrman. https://blog.titus2.com/2017/07/01/eat-to-live-a-great-way-to-lose-weight/

Abby IIRC was at least six when she was baptized.  As far as Prissy Chris is concerned maybe he and family wen to see Amish Anna's family in Washington state, I hope.

That seems to be the more realistic situation. It would make life too unlivable for any Maxwell offspring to differ even slightly from Steve in respect to any biblical teaching in question.

But it does make me question whether such a schism would be possible - if we can imagine family members of Maxhell wanting to escape the madness, then there would maybe be some that are more 'steadfast' and who take an even more fundamental approach to life, to the point where certain life events/beliefs clash with their father's. I think Christopher would definitely be a candidate.

Maybe the Maxwell kids get baptized younger because they are pressured by their parents or grandparents (I'm talking about you Steve). 

1 hour ago, HermioneSparrow said:

Christopher was there with his family, they are in the picture.

I was talking about the picture at the Church of the Old Farts. leavenworthfamilyintegratedchurch.com

42 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I was talking about the picture at the Church of the Old Farts. leavenworthfamilyintegratedchurch.com

Ohhh. Then you're right:my_biggrin:

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

NEW POST!!! About dieting. Specifically Eat to Live by Dr Fuhrman. https://blog.titus2.com/2017/07/01/eat-to-live-a-great-way-to-lose-weight/

Teri says Steve has put on some weight which contributes to his feet and leg problems.

Oh, but Steve!  Aren't you the one who counts the overweight people in your doctor's waiting room?

Isn't your son, Nathan the one who does not want to buy regular health insurance because he'd be contributing to people who have diabetes because they are overweight?

Surly you can't be having weight problems!!

Will you be counting yourself among those overweight people in you doctor's office?

Steve's always had weight issues. That's why he does those fasts. The Maxwells are so judgy and hypocritical it's unbelievable. 

And at least they've stated they're going to Colorado this year rather than pretending they're not and "suddenly" being able to fit a holiday in.

I've always felt that the young children being baptized was one of two things.  

1) The parents saying "You're going to do this." and after the fact insisting to all and sundry that their little darling fully understood what was happening, to the point that over time even the children thought that they understood and requested the baptism.

2) Small children being terrorized by vague threats that something terrible was going to happen if they didn't do this baptism thing, and practically begging for it.  Again, over time, the kids would be assured that they knew exactly what they were asking for and given approval for their choice.

It's all part of the brainwashing.

@Flossie, I agree. I think that's why you hear so often of tweens and teenager getting saved again, despite already having been saved when they were kids. It's all about fear and being told they have too.

I'm sure the attention doesn't hurt, either. 

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

And at least they've stated they're going to Colorado this year rather than pretending they're not and "suddenly" being able to fit a holiday in.

Oh the drama! We are surprised when they get to go every year! 

I have no doubt the young fundies eagerly WANT to be baptized. In a lot of situations, like the Rods, they see slightly older brothers and sisters being "saved" and they get a lot of sought after attention, a party, and maybe a few gifts. What five year old seeing another kid being treated that way WOULDNT want to be "saved" too?

When I look at Steve in the baptism pictures, he doesn't seem overweight to me.  Maybe he could firm up and lose a couple pounds, but he doesn't look truly overweight.  Maybe he's like Lori Alexander, and thinks that everyone should actually be underweight, or they are fat?  Seems like attitudes like these run in fundie circles - probably a control issue, since at the heart of fundamentalism, they seem to just want to control everything and everyone around them.

They would not survive in my house.  We like to enjoy food (and wine!).  Yes, I could stand to lose a few (or more) pounds, but it's not the end of my world.  That's one good thing about being middle-aged - you just don't care as much.  

If they could just loosen up, then Teri could enjoy Pepsi her life more.

So, being a little bored, I did a bit of digging around the interwebs. And up popped a member spotlight interview on Scamaritan with Christopher and Nathan. I had a check about and it seems the Tits2 blog hadn't mentioned it, though I did discover a bug on their search engine lol. Apologies if this had previously been dug up here, though I didn't find any previous posts about it.

The general gist of it is 1Ton Ramp and JESUS as well as debt free living (duh!). Of course there are a few snarky quotes worth mentioning such as this little gem:

When, in the Computer Essentials course, Nathan talks about drivers, he has to define what they are: A driver is a piece of software that helps your operating system communicate with the hardware. An analogy he uses is Jesus. Just as a driver is a go-between for software and hardware, so Jesus is a go-between for humanity and God the Father.

And of course:

Most ITonRamp courses, at some point, are also paused for the plan of salvation to be presented, Nathan says.

Peak times!

I am trying to figure out how anyone survives on that diet. I don't care how many veggies I would get to eat, I would be starving. I don't find one cup of beans a day filling. 

Teri says Steve has put on some weight which contributes to his feet and leg problems.
Oh, but Steve!  Aren't you the one who counts the overweight people in your doctor's waiting room?
Isn't your son, Nathan the one who does not want to buy regular health insurance because he'd be contributing to people who have diabetes because they are overweight?
Surly you can't be having weight problems!!
Will you be counting yourself among those overweight people in you doctor's office?

Honestly, Steve is getting on a bit in age - if he's having problems with his feet and legs it may not be a weight issue entirely. Climbing mountains is hard work that a diet of vegetables and beans isn't going to fully resolve.

Ironically they aren't giving up salt. Salt is THE seasoning that provides taste, although if Steve is really having problems it may be a vascular issue, which salt is not going to help.

If he were serious about this he would consult a doctor/dietician and possibly a physiotherapist but that would mean he would be under someone's authority for his health, rather than being able to judge others from on high. Plus it wouldn't be covered by Scamaritan, so he would be in debt, which he can't have for some pathological reason.

No, GOD will take care of all that for Steve. But give it a couple of years and it will no longer be that easy to be that hypocritical.

Re baptism of young ones. Both my kids were baptized at 2 weeks of age. The relatives were all around and it was easiest for the family. But then we're heathen Lutherans and believe in infant baptisms. They were both confirmed in 8th grade. After high school I told them they were old enough to make their own choices. Their father has been an agnostic/atheist for a good while. Embarrasses me when he posts on my page on FB, but I get in his face and tell him how hurtful he's being. 

This baptism was in a private backyard without anyone behind them, what would have been so wrong after to let the kids get in the pool on such a hot day? Pool and snacks go together or are they afraid they may defraud someone? They are related...so stupid. I would mad as hell if I went to something like that on a hot day and couldn't get in the pool after, but stand around it and have snacks instead. That could have been made into such a fun day. 

13 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

Honestly, Steve is getting on a bit in age - if he's having problems with his feet and legs it may not be a weight issue entirely. Climbing mountains is hard work that a diet of vegetables and beans isn't going to fully resolve.

Ironically they aren't giving up salt. Salt is THE seasoning that provides taste, although if Steve is really having problems it may be a vascular issue, which salt is not going to help.

If he were serious about this he would consult a doctor/dietician and possibly a physiotherapist but that would mean he would be under someone's authority for his health, rather than being able to judge others from on high. Plus it wouldn't be covered by Scamaritan, so he would be in debt, which he can't have for some pathological reason.

No, GOD will take care of all that for Steve. But give it a couple of years and it will no longer be that easy to be that hypocritical.

Obviously removing meat from burrito filling isn't helping.

14 hours ago, purjolok84 said:

The real kicker is that Steve and Teri have regular health insurance because they have preexisting conditions that Scamaratain won't cover. It's only their kidults and their families who have Scamaratain, even though S&T are happy to shill for them.

I don't get how Steve can even be overweight. It can't be hormonal or just dieting wouldn't easily take weight off and I say this as someone with hormonal issues. Looking at what they normally eat and knowing they are likely into portion control, how could Steve get to the point where he needs to lose so much weight. How could he have gotten on the point where he needed to lose 50 pounds and did do in 6 months? I wonder if Steve is eating the same food as his family or if he isn't required to stick to a two animal cracker treat diet. 

They said it was about 15 years ago that he had to lose 50 lbs. Maybe they ate differently then? 

I also suspect that he just eats differently than the rest of the family. There is a scene in one of the Moody books where the kids decide to make lunch. They look in the fridge and see "dad's special lunch meat", which they can't use to make lunch. Dad get's special food that the kids can't touch. That's super telling.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived