IGNORED

Maxwell 10: Following the 15 minute schedule and the monthly menu

Coconut Flan

I am sure the companies Anna works for are Maxwell based. Otherwise, it seems she only works and hour or two a day for each. That's a hard job to come by and likely would be very low paying. 

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fell down the Maxhell rabbit hole last summer. The summers at my job are very slow so it gave me a bit of entertainment throughout the day.  Once fall was in full swing and work picked up again, I stopped following them.  Here I am, another slow summer. I checked out their blog today to discover and not much of anything has happened in a year.  These people are beyond boring. Fuck all happens in their lives. Seriously. They make my slow days at work seem exciting. I literally missed nothing in an entire year. Fascinating.

I'm amazed they allow water fights.  Now I wanna day in the life of Forgotten Jesse and Stud John.

That "Day in the Life" has Anna wearing 4 different outfits in one day. Yeah, sure, that was totally photographed on a single day, riiiiight.

I'm certain that Anna works for her brothers, though I don't understand why they can't say that on the blog. I'm guessing she interacts with female clients, since likely her brothers are not allowed to. 

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

I'm amazed they allow water fights.  

Now we know why they wear two shirts. Wouldn't want to defraud anyone. 

Poor Joshua in those overalls and a polo in that heat...Drew was the only one dressed correctly for a water fight or just being outdoors in the heat. Since this is their backyard, why can't the kids wear bathing suits and have fun? Wait...it's the Maxwells, not allowed...:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

19 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

That's unusual for a fundie dad. Most of them obsess over keeping their daughters pure and all that crap where they transfer authority from the father to the husband when the daughter is married off.

It doesn't appear that Steve expects for his daughters to marry.  I think in the end, he wants to die the King of his little cult, with his sons married to proper women who toed the line and have birthed many babies to be raised the way that Steve has decreed.  His wife and daughters will have remained at home to cater to him (and for their brothers families) in their assigned roles.

Anna changed into a vest for the water fight, and it looks like it might be fleece, but I can't tell for sure.  Wet fleece in the summer doesn't sound fun.  So I looked up the weather in Leavenworth on weather.com , and it's currently only 61 degrees, so maybe they are having a cool snap, though we don't know when the picture was actually taken.  

Sarah states that Anna has a pretty full plate with her jobs right now.  If 1.5 hours in the morning, and possibly an hour or so in the afternoon, is a lot of work, I wonder how much she works during her slow season...  I need that job....

18 minutes ago, Flossie said:

It doesn't appear that Steve expects for his daughters to marry.  I think in the end, he wants to die the King of his little cult, with his sons married to proper women who toed the line and have birthed many babies to be raised the way that Steve has decreed.  His wife and daughters will have remained at home to cater to him (and for their brothers families) in their assigned roles.

It definitely seems as though Steve is setting up his daughters to be helpers to himself and their brothers for all time. It is super creepy to me. Almost like sister wives.

And I really feel for the Maxwell gals having to wear 2 shirts at all times. That must suck to work out in 2 t-shirts and it's extra laundry for no reason. They just invent problems for themselves in the name of their savior. Honey, Jesus don't give a shit about your t-shirt. 

5 hours ago, freejugar said:

She is practicing with balloons? You know what this means right?

Hide your children cause Lolly the fucking clown is back:jawdrop:

Eeeek. I hope Anna went on this mission trip as herself and not as Lolly. Meanwhile Sarah shows us in her writing that she doesn't know the difference between a talent and a skill. Now, she could have used the word "knack", which can be either an innate or acquired ability. But I don't believe twisting balloons is a talent.

2 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Poor Joshua in those overalls and a polo in that heat...Drew was the only one dressed correctly for a water fight or just being outdoors in the heat. Since this is their backyard, why can't the kids wear bathing suits and have fun? Wait...it's the Maxwells, not allowed...:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

With the exception of Abbie, they are all young enough to just run around in the backyard in their underwear, if they don't have swimsuits. Or nothing at all.

Lydia and Ruthie are wearing shirts under their dresses for the water fights. Heaven forbid, anybody see the bare shoulders of those little girls. 

These people are so creepy. 

6 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am sure the companies Anna works for are Maxwell based. Otherwise, it seems she only works and hour or two a day for each. That's a hard job to come by and likely would be very low paying. 

I came her to say just that. 

I'd bet my life on the fact that the two companies she 'works' for are named...CCI & Swift Otter. And she is only part time because mostly it's the menz who would call; she's there just in case there is a woman working for one of their clients who might actually have a question and she can't talk to the menz so they have Anna on hand to make sure there is no hanky panky or patriarchy interruption going on. A woman cannot call for computer help and be told what to do by a man because she might then question her husband's authority and not submit properly.

11 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

That purple top is perfectly modest on its own. Why wear the white thing underneath?

To flaunt how super modest you are!!!  What's the point of modesty if the whole world doesn't know about it?

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

But I don't believe twisting balloons is a talent.

You wouldn't say that if you were a talented balloon twister!

On the menu planning topic:

I remember from the MOTH book that for years, they ate frozen pizza and frozen french fries on Saturdays, and frozen burritos on Sundays.  These meals were considered "special treats" to them.  I'm not implying that I never eat frozen pizza or frozen fries - I do on occasion.  But not EVERY FUCKING SATURDAY FOR YEARS ON END.  

In related news, Teri can't spell broccoli.

It can't be much fun running with two t shirts on either. AND in a long skirt. The Maxwell modesty rules are batshit.

7 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

Those overalls would be so heavy once they got wet, plus it would take forever for them to dry. Since the Maxwells don't believe in swimming (per the "Keeping Hearts" book) the kids probably don't own bathing suits.

I am guessing their "friends" don't have full permission to be in the country they are in doing missionary work.  Some SEA countries are not too happy with the soul buying "Christians" who want to set up shop.  Some "missionaries" are really only in the country on tourist visas -- how they get around it is that they leave the country every 60/90 days.  It gets sticky because some are also collecting tithes (which in theory is income generating and could be considered conducting business). 

2 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Those overalls would be so heavy once they got wet, plus it would take forever for them to dry.

Would they have to put him in a room by himself, or with Andrew, while his overalls were in the dryer?

Since the Maxwells don't believe in swimming (per the "Keeping Hearts" book) the kids probably don't own bathing suits.

Just when I start thinking nothing they do can surprise me, something does. What on earth is wrong with swimming? 

Admittedly, WIWAFK (when I was a fundie kid) boys and girls were not permitted to swim together, at least not at Bible Camp. There were separate swim times and, while the girls could be within seeing distance of the lake during the boys' swim time, the boys had to vacate all of the open area between the girls' cabins and the lake, lest they catch a glimpse of us in our modest robes covering our modest swimsuits as we walked down to the lake and, oh, I don't know what might have happened, but I'm sure it would have been terrible.

30 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Would they have to put him in a room by himself, or with Andrew, while his overalls were in the dryer?

Just when I start thinking nothing they do can surprise me, something does. What on earth is wrong with swimming? 

Admittedly, WIWAFK (when I was a fundie kid) boys and girls were not permitted to swim together, at least not at Bible Camp. There were separate swim times and, while the girls could be within seeing distance of the lake during the boys' swim time, the boys had to vacate all of the open area between the girls' cabins and the lake, lest they catch a glimpse of us in our modest robes covering our modest swimsuits as we walked down to the lake and, oh, I don't know what might have happened, but I'm sure it would have been terrible.

The Maxwells don't want their sons to be tempted by the "immodest" women they would likely encounter at a beach or hotel pool (i.e. normal women wearing normal bathing suits). They're against sending the kids to Bible Camp, so a situation like the one you described would not be an option. 

Isn't drowning a leading cause of mortality in children?

Swimming is a life skill, everyone should learn, even if they have to learn whilst wearing a flappy tent.

6 hours ago, Canuck said:

I am guessing their "friends" don't have full permission to be in the country they are in doing missionary work.  Some SEA countries are not too happy with the soul buying "Christians" who want to set up shop.  Some "missionaries" are really only in the country on tourist visas -- how they get around it is that they leave the country every 60/90 days.  It gets sticky because some are also collecting tithes (which in theory is income generating and could be considered conducting business). 

I really wonder what the Maxwells would think of Southeast Asia. I would totally read a Moodys series where they become confused and perplexed by Angkor Wat, find out that there are foods other than (and tastier than) bean burritos and pizza cutter salad, and accidentally end up at the Full Moon Party.

It's a shame that they don't allow their kids to go swimming.  It's such an easy activity in the summer.  If the kids are bored, just take them to the pool.  Good exercise, too.  And as another poster mentioned, it's a necessary and potentially life-saving skill.  Since they have the 'auntie's park' to prevent the kids from having to associate with other kids at a regular park, they could consider putting a pool in one of their backyards, since they appear to have the space.  Though I suspect that they would make the male and female cousins swim separately, even with full coverage swimsuits (like the ones that Zsu Zsu sells).

2 hours ago, crawfishgirl said:

Since they have the 'auntie's park' to prevent the kids from having to associate with other kids at a regular park, 

Oh my goodness. I have been following the Maxwell cult for a few years and I never put together that "auntie's park" was really to keep the nieces and nephews from going to a public park. *gasp* These people are sick. Sometimes I don't even see how deep the sickness goes. It really is like they are trying to be their own compound for religious reasons. Hello? CULT!!!! Do the adult Maxwell family members really not see this? Do they know what a religious cult is I wonder?

16 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Oh my goodness. I have been following the Maxwell cult for a few years and I never put together that "auntie's park" was really to keep the nieces and nephews from going to a public park. *gasp* These people are sick. Sometimes I don't even see how deep the sickness goes. It really is like they are trying to be their own compound for religious reasons. Hello? CULT!!!! Do the adult Maxwell family members really not see this? Do they know what a religious cult is I wonder?

They did go to a park once, looks like it was a playground near an evil public school.  https://blog.titus2.com/2016/06/06/a-trip-to-the-park/#top

11 hours ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

The Maxwells don't want their sons to be tempted by the "immodest" women they would likely encounter at a beach or hotel pool (i.e. normal women wearing normal bathing suits). They're against sending the kids to Bible Camp, so a situation like the one you described would not be an option. 

Would they be against swimming in a private, secluded pool at a fellow Fundamentalist Christian's house? I'm just wondering if Steve has flat out decided that moving one's body while fully immersed in water isn't Christian?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived