IGNORED

Maxwell 10: Following the 15 minute schedule and the monthly menu

Coconut Flan

The post says it'll last "several weeks". Now of course several can mean anything, but I doubt it'll be that long. This is the Maxwells we're talking about. Those three in particular are important in the family. Anna and Mary are reportedly seen as the "fun aunties" and John is a popular uncle. Not to mention all the cooking etc that the girls do.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

All I remember dreaming was trying to buy model electric train with neon lights from a shop in Israel, and then pirates attacked.

Were they menacing pirates? Or Johnny Depo types?

its 3 am and I'm wide awake. I prefer insomnia to the prospect of dreaming about Teri & Steve again.  

1 hour ago, MamaJunebug said:

Were they menacing pirates? Or Johnny Depo types?

its 3 am and I'm wide awake. I prefer insomnia to the prospect of dreaming about Teri & Steve again.  

It was literal actual Captain Jack Sparrow, but he killed a bunch of ridiculously rich people at a fancy self-congratulatory dinner event and took their trains which they'd been able to afford and I wasn't.  I think.  Dream logic is hard to follow at the best of times, and I'm lucky to have remembered any of it at all.  The trains were a mixture of classic steam engines and Thomas the Tank Engine characters, all with lots of LED fake-neon lights (is that even a thing?).  I have no idea why my unconscious mind thought that was a think that might be bought and sold (actually it was probably something to do with fancy light-up fidget spinners), or why I needed to use Israeli New Shekels to hypothetically buy one (I have been to Israel but like six years ago).  As for pirates, I haven't even seen the new movie.  But there are pirate references in Life is Strange (source of my current avatar) so that could have done it.

Um, Maxwells... people were mentioning the latest Seriously.  It's a quote from Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single Income Family (which they didn't italicise :P ), a topic which we've snarked on a bit recently.  Well, not directly, but the whole buying a home debt free thing is a major part of that.  Anyhow, the concept as presented by the Maxwells is rather narrow-minded, rigid, class-specific, and misogynistic.  But I repeat myself.  Could have left it at 'presented by the Maxwells' :P

14 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Dammit johnhugh - do you really want us to dig up through all of those birthday and Xmas posts looking for your comment?! I don't know if my brain could stand it!

How about a clue?

ETA: wait - does the comment having something to do with a certain stone fruit and whether or not it is "popped" yet? That has to be an FJ comment, surely (2016 Christmas post).

No, I feel sad that John has to go to with  his sisters, to."we will find out Stevie 'country.' I can't post after Tom of Finland  - remember that Stevie???

it was not my comment,  but a person from what would be called a developing country thanked John.

sadly my namesake cannot travel on his own without sisters because they will tell Stevie if has a wank.....

So is this the first time ever Sarah and Jesse are sleeping all alone in their bedrooms???

Just now, LurkerOverThePond said:

So is this the first time ever Sarah and Jesse are sleeping all alone in their bedrooms???

Wonder if they'll have "nursery nannies" or other video stuff overseeing their slumber?

30 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Wonder if they'll have "nursery nannies" or other video stuff overseeing their slumber?

Oh. Dear. Lard.

I wouldn't put anything past Terifying Stevovah.

Had a Maxwell-dream-free sleep and am leaving on another Maxfast. Turns out these people switch on something unhappy in the subconscious of my insect brain. 

Carry on, my wayward ones!!!

I wonder why Jesse couldn't go to this. Perhaps they couldn't allow just one of the siblings to remain at home? 

Not the first time Jesse has been alone. Seem to recall Steve had a slightly snarky answer to a question in the post. Remember John had been on a mission.  Now Sarah... I think the might be a first!

Steve's latest "Seriously" post, dated June 21:

WHAT WILL HIS WIFE BE LIKE?

This was posted on June 21, 2017 by Steve Maxwell.

Raising godly children is a difficult, full-time job. It takes a great deal of time and effort. Will your future daughter-in-law be able to stay home with the children, or will she have to work full time? Will she want to homeschool the children?

The answer to those questions will likely be determined by how you raise your son and by the values you impress on his life. This affects the type of woman he is attracted to for his wife. In addition, it has much to do with the type of leadership he provides for his home. We must purpose to instill in our sons the desire to have their wives home nurturing their children. Now is the time to be working with our sons and developing them according to God’s Word and His leading. (excerpt from Preparing Sons to Provide for a Single Income Family)

Note the glaring absence of any speculation about potential spouses for his daughters...

:angry-banghead:

Oh *gag*. 

He really is a twat. Because raising your sons (and daughters - - they count too asshat) to be decent human beings who choose their own partners, or no partner, is the right way to raise them. And doing so comes in millions of shapes & sizes since every person & family is different.

The world is a much better place as it is than it would be under Steve's 'guidance'. 

Ahem, excuse me Steve, but I'm raising my sons so they are good partners, not so they choose good partners. I want my boys to be good boyfriends/husbands to whomever they end up with. 

My first thought about the three-week mission is that maybe they went to help the Pearls with all the coloring and whatnot for No Greater Joy. 

3 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Steve's latest "Seriously" post, dated June 21:

Note the glaring absence of any speculation about potential spouses for his daughters...

:angry-banghead:

That's unusual for a fundie dad. Most of them obsess over keeping their daughters pure and all that crap where they transfer authority from the father to the husband when the daughter is married off. Fundie dads don't seem all that concerned about who their sons marry, provided that he chooses someone from a similar background, or someone who is easily led.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:52 PM, CyborgKin said:

Pizza cutter, must be broken

By and by, by and by.

Better lettuce, is awaiting

In the sky, in the sky.

On 6/24/2017 at 3:48 AM, CyborgKin said:

Helped clean grandparents' house today.  Dad told us to 'have fun' while we worked, which made me think of the Maxwells :P

My mother remembered to specifically give me a smaller portion of fish, so that's a happy ending to that story.

I was looking out my window

On a warm and sunny day

When I saw some Maxwells working

For they never had learned how to play.

Oh, you Maxwells, oh, you Maxwells, 

At your work, you go so slow.

When you die and look toward Heaven,

Do you know where YOU will go?

I'm reading the blog from the beginning and the suspense is killing me ;) Did Christopher by the Maxwell house and did the Maxwell men build a new house? Debt free? :)

Going back to the meal planning discussion, I don't think it's weird at all. Then again, I take after my mother and menu plan (for 2) every week before going grocery shopping, accompanied by a list organized by store layout (produce first, then meat, etc). I assumed everyone did this and its weird for me to just imagine opening the fridge and going from there. Anxiety is a hell of a drug! 

Well, Sarah did a day in the life of Anna today. Under the balloon picture, she noted that they are looking forward to the fair at the end of next month...so, Anna will definitely be back for that.

On the Day in the Life of Anna post...it said Anna made cookies for "a dad to take to a meeting." What dad? Her brother? Like blog readers don't know that Maxwells only interact with other Maxwells...

24 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

Well, Sarah did a day in the life of Anna today. Under the balloon picture, she noted that they are looking forward to the fair at the end of next month...so, Anna will definitely be back for that.

Does Anna legit "work" for 2 companies doing help-desk stuff? Are these companies run by non-relatives? 

That purple top is perfectly modest on its own. Why wear the white thing underneath?

Also, the photos appear to be taken on different weeks. Anna and Abby are wearing different outfits. I get the change after the water fight, but between the photo of them moving the kickstand and the group photo before the water fight they're suddenly in different tops and skirts. It'd probably be wasteful to the Maxwells to change outfits more than necessary, i.e. one outfit a day unless you've been hiking/having a water fight etc.

@Eternalbluepearl "a Dad" could be a typo where Sarah just meant her Dad. She made a typo at the bit where it says "after is birth" when referring to Benjamin.

And I bet the work is for her brothers somehow. Could refer to Swift Otter and John's irrigation/whatever company. 

23 hours ago, Granwych said:

How about a "Mission: Impossible?"

That should be Emission: Impossible.

(I'm here all night, try the veal!)

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

And I bet the work is for her brothers somehow. Could refer to Swift Otter and John's irrigation/whatever company. 

Of course it does. As if Steve would let her work for anyone non-family. They might want to pay her a wage, and we can't have that!

She is practicing with balloons? You know what this means right?

Hide your children cause Lolly the fucking clown is back:jawdrop:

This is not directly relevant to the discussion, but I'm new to the Maxwells, and was just clicking around their blog, and I looked at the recipe section, and...

They put GELATIN?? In their YOGURT??? Why would you do that?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived