Coconut Flan

18 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Wow, that was an exciting night of TV.  Way to go, Golden State Warriors!!!

oh, you mean we are talking about that other show? ;-).  

HOW 'BOUT DEM WARRIORS?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! I went to the team store to buy a championship tee for me and hat for the hubby, but the site crashed. :D

I'm watching all the post game interviews outside the arena, so I haven't even started watching that "other" show yet. They haven't even gotten to Steph yet, so the Duggars will sit on my DVR for a day or two. Thanks to all for the updates and snark! 

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dubiousclaire said:

we saw that Jill got custody if the mustard cardigan. 

fear not, there are TWO mustard cardigans... ha.

f01e3e76c958852b4c1b5b1a971d3f9f.jpg

1 hour ago, candygirl200413 said:

Also realized this might have been the first time Jboob didn't cry down the aisle with a daughter.

I noticed right away how hollow JimBobs comments were to joy after seeing her in her dress. It was like he didn't know or have much to say. 

This was a pretty good episode. I enjoyed the Laredo segments the most.

It is amazing how much Joy patterns herself after Jill. It is apparent how much she loves and respects her. I like their relationship. I know Jill is the original buddy group leader, but their mutual understanding seems to go deeper. Personality wise, Joy is similar to Jessa, but more aggressive and certainly rougher around the edges. I do think she is mature responsibility wise.

I agree with every one who said that the wedding proposal was ridiculous, tacky, insensitive etc. Kendra and Joe seem like they could easily become that schmuck couple if they are not careful. I add Kendra in this, because she seems like the kind who loves to be the center of attention. She was not one bit embarrassed or reserved by the gesture. She absolutely welcomed it. Later she revealed that Joy and Austin have always been one step ahead of them. Well this engagement puts them right on Jostin's level, allowed their engagement to air first and gave them shine on Jostin's special day. The good thing is everyone seemed to enjoy it.

I do think Kendra is authentic. I like that about her. I also like that she adds variety to the often plastic personalities this family forces on the world. We kind of need the scene stealing chick to go along with :

- Queen pride 
- He who shall not be shown 
- Drunk on Saturday night dude 
- Space cadet
- Hater 
- Know if all 
- Worldly chick 
- Sir Slick 

That just about covers all the adult kids.

Maybe the show will render itself more enjoyable when everyone featured is allowed to show layers.

2 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

I thought it was a thrift boutique myself. 

The hay was gross. Why did JinJer get such a pretty set up and not Joy? Cindy is a traitor. 

Michelle is an idiot. 

Because Jinger is not a beautiful godly woman running barefoot through a field of flowers...

I have the episode paused because I was watching it. But then I started reading here and y'all are way more interesting.

I'm finally watching the wedding at my daughter's 2am feed. Who are the flower girl and ring bearer? Caldwells? Did anyone else see Nathan Bates in the wedding crowd? He was next to someone I recognized but don't know his name. I also saw the Sayler sisters when they were singing.  Poor Jenny crying made me sad. And they definitely tried hard to not film Carlin.  

The lace doilies on Jill's dress look even worse on camera. 

4 hours ago, season of life said:

The commercial with all those baby girls terrifies me. So many little ones to provide for.

The clips of the 5 girls on the pottys looks like my idea of hell. I hated potty training my son. The idea of doing it for 5 kids at once fills me with horror.  

I didn't get the dollies at first but then I noticed the same exact material was on Joy's veil clip. She had her mother, Austin's mother and her sister-mother materially attached to her while walking down the aisle. Very poetic. Clever as well.

JD's comment was pretty great but I also got a kick out of Jeremy saying that he's "drenched in sparkles". 

Michelle needs to not talk. Just shut yer mouth lady.  

Bachelor to the rapture just about killed me!  I had to rewind and watch it again .

It was good to see some personality in Joy, both the silly fun stuff, but also the kind of calm but assertive way she was directing people around her.  Sure she had some moments of seeming overly concerned about Austin's opinion of her look, but I don't think that's uncommon for plenty of girls and women especially in that kind of a stage of their relationship,  even if they don't come from a background like the  Duggars.  I think the weird overlap is this is generally the kind of behavior you expect from a girl in a really new relationship, not one just about to get married, but the thing is with the Duggars that's the same thing.

All this "bachelor to the rapture" stuff has me wondering if JD has a secret gf who will be revealed at the end of the season.

Bachelor to the Rapture needs to be a post count title.

6 hours ago, veron1que said:

Was the fish at dinner thing supposed to be a clue that Jill is pregnant?

Is that allowed now? Cool if it is. My survivors were spread out between '01 and '06. Back then fish was absolutely forbidden. My midwife gave me less grief for an occasional piece of Stilton.

Perhaps I missed it, but why would TLC avoid filming Carlin? Is it because her family has a show on a cable channel?

Jim Bob didn't offer much to Joy. I think he gave more praise to the older sisters.

I thought that wedding was interesting. I also thought that it was sweet that Joy was completely supportive of Joe proposing to Kendra. 

4 hours ago, JMO said:

Michelle needs to not talk. Just shut yer mouth lady.  

Did anyone else notice she was like "This'll make eight [grandkids]!" Instead of "This'll make two!"  Always thinking about your own quiver, Michelle. 

Haven't seen the episode yet but from what I'm reading John David stole show? :pb_lol:

"Bachelor to the rapture" lol 

I'm starting to like him.

2 hours ago, season of life said:

Jim Bob didn't offer much to Joy. I think he gave more praise to the older sisters.

the whole thing was off and rushed imo. The dress, the venue everything was just wrong.  The wedding was somewhat barn yard crap and Joy talking with Austin was just off as well.  Jill was her usual boring self who talked to much.  These people must realize that they are not the bees knees - they aren't duggars anymore they are the married ones. You can't keep acting like you are still a kid just because you trained to believe you weren't allowed to grow up. And Jinger clearly doesn't want to be on the show because she has no storyline.  Discussing the laundry room and the fact that she used to LOVE to do the laundry for her family was somewhat pathetic. 

23 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Haven't seen the episode yet but from what I'm reading John David stole show? :pb_lol:

"Bachelor to the rapture" lol 

I'm starting to like him.

JD was the only good thing about this wedding. ;) 

3 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

Is that allowed now? Cool if it is. My survivors were spread out between '01 and '06. Back then fish was absolutely forbidden. My midwife gave me less grief for an occasional piece of Stilton.

Actually my doctor encourages me to eat fish I just have a list of okay fish types and not okay fish. The only kind I'll remotely eat is talapia though (I hate fish in general) and that's allowed so I don't remember the rest.  I believe the reason she pushes it is the DHA and omega-3's for brain development.

3 hours ago, MadeItOut said:

I think the smell of the fish nauseated her. They were talking about what Derick was going to order. My understanding is that pregnant women can't eat undercooked fish, so no smoked salmon (that's emphasized much more in the UK where it's a common food; in the US it's not an official recommendation). Also, mercury can build up in your system, so there are limits on eating tuna. However, I don't care for fish and never paid much attention to the details.

6 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

Because Jinger is not a beautiful godly woman running barefoot through a field of flowers...

A beautiful, godly woman, running barefoot AND PREGNANT through a field of flowers.

A fundie's wet dream... eeeewwww

4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

A beautiful, godly woman, running barefoot AND PREGNANT through a field of flowers.

A fundie's wet dream... eeeewwww

Haha! You are right. But honestly I don't understand where that thought comes from. Is it like the ideal imagine of a country gal? The barefoot part confuses me. Does it represent someone more down to earth or common (in a good way)?

3 minutes ago, nst said:

I felt Derick was somewhat more passive aggressive than usual both him and jill seemed to be 

Do you think they are having problems? Their interactions with each other go from strained to tolerable. They don't seem to be on the same page with their comments or reactions.

Derrick even said something about Jill controlling what he eats. She seemed to not like that comment at all. He then made it a joke. That form of passive aggression is exhausting. You have to deal with the very real attack along with the guilt of supposedly getting it wrong. It sends mix messages to the brain.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived