Coconut Flan

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish the Vuolos could be more forthright about supposed pregnancy news. They could always say they are just enjoying their marriage and if they are expecting, they'll let people know on their own terms.

16 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

We could wish someone had taken a real obstetrical course.

Some of the FJ typos are priceless.

I'm legendary on the interwebs with my typos, I'm a horrible speller.

That was so much fun watching with everyone on freejinger who had the same reactions as I did! Makes me feel less awful. 

Good night all, this was the most snark worthy wedding episode since Priscilla and David. 

Now off to my book about another dysfunctional family, the Mitford sisters!

Late, watching on dvr delay. Dislike her dress and hair less...her hair needed more product or styled better... But I don't think Joy really cared much. Boob needed to button his jacket. 

JD and Jana are the best...Love JD s snark. 

Joy trying to please Austin makes me want to slap her. But as someone else said, he seems to tell her to do what she wants. 

Ugh, the running down the aisle, but at least she wore shoes.  The hay was hideous, and WTF glitter in a church? 

1 minute ago, snickers34 said:

Man, no mention of Jana at all in these recaps.

Well they went on a triple date; who else is going to watch the babies? And I hope they leave her out of this entire season that is about 3 pregnant sisters (Jill, Jessa, Anna), one newly wed, one engaged, and a brother starting a courtship. I'm tired of the awkward producer questions and talking heads about her future.

She can't pull off a one liner "bachelor until the rapture" like her twin brother. I'm all for no more pathetic looking Jana! Let her turn that tattoo parlor into whatever dreams she has. 

Finished reading the recaps! I see I'll be watching the second half of the episode later (I just can't watch this wedding without building up a backstory, at least with Jeremy we got the proposal first!)

ETA: Thanks to everyone for the recaps and snark! I don't have cable (but I don't want them to have me for the ratings anyway) so I have no choice but to watch it tomorrow. You guys are the best! :) 

The Outdaughtered commercials are making me so glad for my tubal.

Back to the triple date.

The Dullards, Beness and Jostin: Jostin are in the third row seat in the Suburban and D-wreck jokes about them making out back there. They go over their courtship standards– no kissing, side hugs, etc. Austin is really excited that they are spending time together.

They are looking at menus and deciding what to eat. Jill says no fish. No Indian food either. They are asking if there's anything they need to know.

They talk about flipping houses together and Austin says Joy helps a lot.

They ask the marrieds about some advice. Bin says to always think of the other person, Jessa talks about how you shouldn't try to think of ways to change the other person. D-wreck says it makes for a good foundation. JIll talks about how your husband will become your best friend and girlfriends might feel left out. Marriage is a big thing and she says not to let other people make you feel bad.

Cut to the mansion. Izzy is a year and a half and happy most of the time. He's playing with a baby. D-wreck has a really exciting announcement to share with Izzy. Guess what? He's going to be a good big brother! Izzy doesn't really care. Jill is two months along and nauseous and very excited. She's sick in the mornings and evenings and has a small break in the afternoons most days. She talks about possible jealousy issues with him and the new baby. They agree that Israel will be a great big brother.

JIll holds up a T-shirt that says, "This is what an awesome big brother looks like." They choose Thanksgiving to tell the happy news to the family. They all go around and say something they're thankful for and this is what they're thankful for.

Jana says this Thanksgiving was so different for everyone since everyone was in different places. So they decide to travel to Branson to celebrate Thanksgiving all together. The older sisters and Jill's buddy team were told the news, but they wanted to let the rest of the family know and they want them all in on it. Jill holds up Izzy and D-wreck says Izzy is thankful for his new shirt. Michelle is the first to notice. Benessa wasn't there. Michelle squeals in her baby voice. JB didn't realize it right away. He shakes Derick's hand when he realizes. The babies will be 27 months apart. JIll is due at the beginning of July and they are still planning to go to Danger America. Michelle squeals about the two new grandbabies. Joy speculates that Jinger could be expecting soon too.

The producers ask JinJer about getting questions, and Jinge plays it off. We see previews of how they are enjoying married life, getting questioned about being pregnant, Jessa's water broke, Joe asks Kendra's dad about courtship while he's working on a car, Dullards return to Scary Central America and have a dramatic sendoff, previews of the Jostin proposal and horseback riding… stay tuned!

watching a few minutes of the wedding before turning back to basketball- I cannot take hearing these girls, especially coming from a teenage Joy this time, how long they have waited to get married.  Also just watched as Kendra came out to talk to Joe before the wedding and he seemed to come really close to touching her breast when he went to touch the curls in her hair. How is boob length hair not considered defrauding? :confused2:

Ok, so the girls went to a legit boutique to go shopping. What happened to the thrift stores? But I am happy for Joy, whoever is paying for new clothes for her! She deserves it, after those awful prairie dresses. And we saw that Jill got custody if the mustard cardigan. 

LOVE that Derrick ended up at a female doctor, and she seemed to diagnose him.  But to give Derrick his due, he seemed to understand and pronounce everything correctly. Probably the evil public school and college he went to. 

58 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

He says he's going out of the country in a few weeks. He needs sublingual immunotherapy in lieu of allergy shots. It goes under your tongue. It is supposed to help your body's immune system. The doctor wants to see him one more time before they go back to Danger America.

A few weeks? They've already been back for over a month and will be here at least two more, if not even longer. I hate how they flat out lie. 

eta: I guess he wasn't lying. I forgot about the wonky timeline (hasn't aired yet on the west coast, and I'm enjoying the party at Oracle Arena more than any Duggar episode). I didn't realize that they stayed so long after JinJer's wedding, either. I totally forgot about the DONATE button being the equivalent of 6 grand a month for their last stint down there. 

So much for buy used and save the difference, the girls were shopping at a boutique, not even a chain ... usually not cheap!

ETA: LOL Dubious, great minds and all that!

Joy's mustard cardigan looked like a finer material  than the others, or it least appeared that way to me.  Oh and the tunics she bought, would be great with leggings, but not over a skirt!

Austin explains that it adds to their special day and it brought back memories of him popping the question.

Uh, is it a memory if it happened like 5 minutes ago?

Also getting the recap here is waaay better than watching the show. [emoji23]

1 minute ago, marmalade said:

A few weeks? They've already been back for over a month and will be here at least two more, if not even longer. I hate how they flat out lie. 

This was the flashback stuff, so it was filmed sometime last fall. Although that this was probably filmed around Thanksgiving and they didn't go back until mid February, it was pretty inaccurate.

I admittedly do not have cable TV (or any TV at the moment) and am relying on the delightful and generous recaps of others. That said, was this episode not incredibly disjointed? 

It almost seems as though the gang in the editing booth may have been playing some FJ drinking games too.  Just think how tired they get of hear all the usual catch phrases . . .

Jana sounded a bit strange when talking about how Jinger may be pregnant. Was she worn out by the producer's questions or upset about something?

@PumaLover, why didn't Jana get to go shopping? You have to be engaged or married for that? #cinderjana

Because she is not courting, engaged or married and therefore has nothing to contribute to the discussion.

Joy is deep in the cool aid.trying oh so badly to please her man and gain his approval with her hair and clothes. ( dresses).  She actually surprised me with her burst of personality during her wedding though. What I found so so sad was Jenny?? Bawling her eyes out and trying to suck it up during the wedding. It is excruciatingly painful to watch these kids lose their mamas so early in life. It makes me rip roaring mad that Michelle is so justified in her version of motherhood that she can't see this as an utter failure on her part.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived