IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

I dont know why but Jinger (after j and j counting on)

is my "favoirtt". I dont know why.

6 hours ago, missegeno said:

I completely agree. Teenagers are practically taught that if you have sex, you will get pregnant, guaranteed. Then when people want to get pregnant, it's this huge shock that it actually is a complex orchestra of processes. I don't want to promote an increase in teen pregnancies, but this education system can be really harmful when those teens grow up and want to start a family.

My mom is a high school teacher and I worked in the IVF field for a few years. It is amazing how much our perspectives differ. There must be some way to hit a middle ground.

I am so glag I am from Norway I assume youre american? 

In america it seen to be very exctrem.

Voiolnce and gunses Yeah baby! Sex, is a sin and bad.

Norway oppiset. (offisaly not kids having sex).

I am amesed.

1 hour ago, Snarkylark said:

My read from the "are you pregnant?" scene....

jinger more than likely thinks she wants kids right away because that's just what you do and she would be fine with getting pg right away- but, Jeremy is educated and doesn't want a mega family so he's using condoms and Jinger goes along with it, cuz, Baaaaaaaaaabe. 

Nah. I thinks she wants to wait a bit (read abit).

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could see them using some sort of NFP. For as much as Jinger had in tracking DQ's cycles on the calendar, surely she can apply the reverse of the concept? 

I have been wondering if they are preventing (as I mentioned on another thread if not then I hope she is not too upset about it). But my question is-would this be something they would have discussed beforehand? Do the engaged couples ever get private, unchaperoned conversations before the big day? Would they talk about family planning, or their version of it, leaving it up to God?

I know I will never know (and it's probably weird that I wonder about it so much) but I want to know how the conversation went between them. Did Jeremy say that while he loves kids, he doesn't want a litter of them? Did Jinger say she does? Or because she grew up never having privacy or space from 18 siblings, did she say, lets only just have a couple?

Or did they not discuss it and Jeremy showed up on the wedding night with condoms and say "Hey baaaaaabe, I'm not ready to start filling our quiver so we're going to use these!" And Jinger said "Baaaaaaabe. Wtf are those!?"

1 hour ago, PumaLover said:

I have been wondering if they are preventing (as I mentioned on another thread if not then I hope she is not too upset about it). But my question is-would this be something they would have discussed beforehand? Do the engaged couples ever get private, unchaperoned conversations before the big day? Would they talk about family planning, or their version of it, leaving it up to God?

I wonder about that too. I hope they really are on the same page. I like to think that Jing doesn't really want eleventy kids, so she lucked out getting a headship who's happy waiting and/or spacing out eventual children. But who knows.

It's really not hard for me to believe Jinget doesn't want a gaggle of Vuolos. She never seemed like the type who particularly enjoyed caring for the younger ones but then again neither did Jessa and she seems to have turned into a devoted mother. With all those kids some are bound to carve a much different path than their parents. Jeremy seems big on responsibility. He's not the type to run off to .CA w his wife expecting and a toddler as well just because he felt a calling. Zealot he is not. Or at least not yet.

I had a dream that Jinger was pregnant...dear Rufus, please don't let it happen any time soon.

36 minutes ago, AlternativeVoice said:

It's really not hard for me to believe Jinget doesn't want a gaggle of Vuolos. She never seemed like the type who particularly enjoyed caring for the younger ones but then again neither did Jessa and she seems to have turned into a devoted mother. With all those kids some are bound to carve a much different path than their parents. Jeremy seems big on responsibility. He's not the type to run off to .CA w his wife expecting and a toddler as well just because he felt a calling. Zealot he is not. Or at least not yet.

I agree; she doesn't seem like she wants lots of kids, if any, really. That's just my impression. But I do imagine she might have some guilt about this, given her upbringing, which wasn't the same as Jeremy's. I hope she isn't beating herself up if he DID talk her into preventing.

1 hour ago, luxfilia said:

I agree; she doesn't seem like she wants lots of kids, if any, really. That's just my impression. But I do imagine she might have some guilt about this, given her upbringing, which wasn't the same as Jeremy's. I hope she isn't beating herself up if he DID talk her into preventing.

She's what 23, she'l be 24 at the end of the year I think. I can see them waiting a few years, If I were Jinger I'd want to wait a few years to have kids for the 1st time in her life she isn't taking care of kids and helping care of a large house with a lot of people in it. I really wish Joy & Austin would wait no reason for them to not old off for at least 5 years, build their dream house flip a lot more houses, travel, build up a nice savings account.  Shoot, make yourselves the next Chip & Joanna and make your own Magnolia type company in NW Arkansas, working together 

Jeremy had to fill out a 50 page questionnaire before getting approved to ask Jinger to court. There must have been an entire page devoted to accepting all the blessings that god wants to bestow upon them. I don't think he would lie on the questionnaire and I don't think JB would approve his candidacy if he didn't agree to having many babies. I don't think they would do any prevention other than maybe NFP. 

Infertility affects roughly 12% of the US population (this includes fertile partners). I would never wish infertility on someone longing to have kids, but chances are not all the Duggar couples will be equally fertile. Look at the gap between Dillard children compared to Seewalds and I doubt they were preventing.

Also, Jeremy comes from a normal sized family and whilst they may not use contraception and he may have signed a JB contract I imagine that can be circumvented with 'the Lord says we need to do this before we start our family'. A bit like Austin's flip 5 houses deal with his Dad. He could have proposed while still fixing it up and married just after it sold, but he chose to propose after selling it.

Also, we don't know about Jeremys level of fertility. He could have sperm issues that would make it harder to conceive. It's not just about the woman's fertility,

I remember hearing the exact same stuff said about Jessa. And then the ensuing shock when she had babies in quick succession, seemed to enjoy motherhood and took to it like a duck to water. I think it's hard to judge what any of these people actually want or don't want. All we know for sure about these two is that, according to Jeremy, they want to start a family sometime in the next five years. That could mean ASAP (like, 'we're praying God will give us a baby within the next five years'), or it could mean they're literally going to wait five full years before even trying to conceive. No way of knowing unless they come out and tell us. It could also mean they're going to wait a while, have 2-3 kids and then be done, or wait a while and then start having kid after kid after kid until they wind up with 10. They could also change their minds somewhere along the way. 

Brandon Keilen could be the one with the issues.On the blog,when Michael posted about trust,in the comments,someone said all some men need to do is ditch the tighty whiteys for some boxers.Exactly,Flycat.I think it's 40% for the male to have the issues.

1 hour ago, danni9242 said:

Infertility affects roughly 12% of the US population (this includes fertile partners). I would never wish infertility on someone longing to have kids, but chances are not all the Duggar couples will be equally fertile. Look at the gap between Dillard children compared to Seewalds and I doubt they were preventing.

I've said it before, Ima gonna say it again: there's a difference between "accepting as many children as God is willing to send us", which implies a normal sex life, with or without contraception, just taking your chances,

AND

keeping a fertility chart/ planning your wedding night so you might get pregnant/ copulating every possible time you might be fertile/pissing on a stick every time you do it/ constantly talking about, but not doing anything about BABEEZ

2 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I've said it before, Ima gonna say it again: there's a difference between "accepting as many children as God is willing to send us", which implies a normal sex life, with or without contraception, just taking your chances,

AND

keeping a fertility chart/ planning your wedding night so you might get pregnant/ copulating every possible time you might be fertile/pissing on a stick every time you do it/ constantly talking about, but not doing anything about BABEEZ

And selling it all to TLC for easy cash.

Jeremy seems really controlling so he could've just decided for Jinger that they aren't having kids right away. I doubt she'd argue with him. 

On 6/13/2017 at 0:50 PM, louisa05 said:

Tattoos: It was a huge trend at the school I taught at last for boys to go get the football helmet logo as a tattoo as soon as they turned 18 their senior year. I have always assumed that about six minutes into their freshman year of college they all regretted that and felt stupid. I'm not sure 18 is old enough to make a smart decision about something permanent in every case. (And please note the last three words before you come to tell me about the tattoo you got 20 years ago when you were 18 that you still love--and I will then assume that that tattoo is not a high school sports logo). 

This makes me happy that my oldest will be 17 when he graduates high school, like I was. This also makes me hope that my youngest son could bullshit an excuse not to do something like that for like, a month before he graduates. 

We don't know how JB's questions were worded. I am a Christian and I would "yes" to "Are you prepared to recieve all the children God is willing to give you?" and mean it despite using protection and having decided that we are not going to try for more than the two we have. I would love and care for any child that would come into my life even after the two I have but I don't plan to make it easy for God to place any more blessings into my family. 

I think the JB questionaire might not be as strict as they would like us to believe.  Both Derick and Jeremy come from smaller families, and went to secular colleges. Jeremy has a "past" that includes drinking (scandal!)  Ben didn't have any real way to support a family when he was courting Jessa. All three still made the cut and were given JBs "permission" (I hate even typing that) to marry the girls. Bottomline I don't think Jeremy would have been turned away just for not stating outright he wouldn't want to put a limit on the number of children they had. 

Since they'll probably never tell us exactly how they feel all we are left with is speculation. I cannot see all 19 kids truly wanting huge families of their own. I could see Jinger as one of them. I think the chaperoning of courting couples is overplayed too for the show, or at least has loosened a bit as time has gone by. Maybe they were able to able to have some private convos about their feelings on actively looking to get pregnant right away or if they were ok if it didn't happen right away. 

As long as Jinger is happy with whatever decision they have made, I'm glad in this case she has Jeremy to defer to on the baby questions. Look how fast she was "corrected" when she expressed a wish to live near a city someday. For her to say anything other than wanting a ton of kids immediately would be really hard. 

18 hours ago, Bugaboo said:

I had a dream that Jinger was pregnant...dear Rufus, please don't let it happen any time soon.

Season finale announcement :my_smile: :cry:

8 minutes ago, JoyJoy said:

Season finale announcement :my_smile: :cry:

I have no clue what they've got for the finale. Episode 6 of 7 has both the courtship and marriage proposals. What else is there? Oh,I guess shipping Jilly Muffin and Dirty Jesus back to Danger America, but that's not an hour show; we've already seen the goodbye party. 

48 minutes ago, bella8050 said:

at least has loosened a bit as time has gone by. 

I was struck (as I was watching 14 Kids) at how different the mode of dress was back then, compared to now. The boys wore khakis and the girls wore ankle-length dresses with huge collars. I'm sure their habits and rules have changed here and there, as well. 

On 6/29/2017 at 8:45 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

I hope that, in her newfound love of reading, Jinger stumbles across Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. It's written from a Christian perspective and is all about how to deal with difficult people. There are also other books in the series about specific types of relationships. I think it would do her good to read a book about how it's not un-Christian to set reasonable limits with your overbearing family members. 

I was recently recommended this book. Planning to read it! 

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I was struck (as I was watching 14 Kids) at how different the mode of dress was back then, compared to now. The boys wore khakis and the girls wore ankle-length dresses with huge collars. I'm sure their habits and rules have changed here and there, as well. 

I just attributed it to them as sort of a branding type thing. Most people do not want to dress like like they did in the first bit.  If they are trying to at least interest people in their lifestyle, wearing more mainstream clothes would make it a bit more palatable. 

3 minutes ago, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

I just attributed it to them as sort of a branding type thing. Most people do not want to dress like like they did in the first bit.  If they are trying to at least interest people in their lifestyle, wearing more mainstream clothes would make it a bit more palatable. 

Mainstream clothes are a lot more conservative now than they were back in the late 90's/early 00's when the specials started airing. Maxi skirts were definitely not stylish during The Frumper Era, and it'll be interesting to see what unfolds in the next few years as shorter skirts are making a comeback. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived