IGNORED

Jinjer: Throwing Shade since April 9, 2017

Coconut Flan

I just watched the clip where they ask jinger if she's pregnant and that was heartbreaking. The look on her face to me was at first I don't want to talk about this/ answer this question, and It quickly turned into her just trying to look down and avoid eye contact while she said no to taking a pregnancy test. As someone who wholeheartedly thought they were preventing up til now, I have to say I got a very different feeling from that clip. I felt uncomfortable for her. Also I think if they were preventing she would have a better answer prepared. 

As far as her and Jessas relationship, I'm not convinced they've grown apart yet. As someone who talks to their husband on skype for long periods of time when he is deployed or training sometimes it is just awkward. You've not seen the person they aren't involved in day to day life, there's a lot you want to say but when the screen comes on it's just not a natural form of communication. But then you see them in person and it's like they never left, you readjust to having them around the house or whatever but the relationship is still there. Also it really sounded like they had talking points and it crossed my mind that jinjer may have known pregnancy would come up and she was dreading it. Plus i could see Jessa being the only one who knew if there was a fertility issue and that would be why she got defensive for her, IICR i think Jessa asked Jill right away if she was pregnant and was like take one of moms tests ir something... dunno it's fuzzy someone else might remember better.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@infooverload, @Karma, @fluffernutter and @sawasdee,  and anyone else dealing with hair loss,  I read the other day on NaturallyCurly that Wasabi has been shown in clinical trials (I believe there were clinical trials) to be more effective at treating hair loss than Rogaine (minoxidil).  Garnier already has a shampoo containing wasabi although I'd probably not use it as I avoid shampoo.  I could splurge on some wasabi powder to mix into my No Poo or conditioner or just get some fresh wasabi at the Asian market.  Yeah, my hair looks a little thin on top.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@backyard sylphLorraine Massey, formerly of Deva, categorized curls into Corkicelli, Botticelli, Corkscrew, Cherub, Wavy, SWavy, ZIgZag and Fractal and how much your hair springs back when stretched out counts into your type.  My hair has minimal spring so I'd either be a Cherub or Botticelli in Lorraine's system.  One of my friends used to call me and my boyfriend back at UGA Botticelli angels or would tell us we had pre-Raphaelite hair.  She was an art major.  

I found her drawings for the numbers more helpful than the photos at the number site! I guess I'm 2c except in the front, which is 1, probably, though I guess it could be even straighter than it is, because it's still kinda thick. The names were tougher to guess at, but the frizzy hair I linked to looks like mine when I pay no attention to it. It has not much spring to it, though maybe it would poodle up if I cut it short.

I never got compared to a Renaissance lady except someone I know says I have Raphaelite toes, so...

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Idiot SiL...because she is an idiot and a narcissist. I am mean for not telling her what kind of products I use or where I got such an amazing flat iron and what kind it is. 

i wonder if she'd believe you if you suggested a cheap flatiron that would probably burn her hair, and some dollar-store products.  if she tried and failed, you can say how they "work" just fine for you.  because i'm immature.....

2 hours ago, catlady said:

i wonder if she'd believe you if you suggested a cheap flatiron that would probably burn her hair, and some dollar-store products.  if she tried and failed, you can say how they "work" just fine for you.  because i'm immature.....

Way to tempt me! 

9 hours ago, nst said:

What struck me last night was Jill likes to one up everyone whether it's jessa and her discussing when they felt the baby kicking, asking Jinger if she was pregnant and being over all obnoxious. 

Jilly Muffin has always had it shoved down her throat that she is the Golden Child. She does everything right and can do no wrong. I believe this has given her a lovely (!) ego. She's just plain rude as well as arrogant.

2 minutes ago, CorruptionInc. said:

Jilly Muffin has always had it shoved down her throat that she is the Golden Child. She does everything right and can do no wrong. I believe this has given her a lovely (!) ego. She's just plain rude as well as arrogant.

She's more like a Pharisee than any of the other children except Josh. 

There was as far as I could tell from the clip no lead up. I mean there were definitely more subtle ways to get at if she was pregnant. After all it isn't as if Jill and Jessa don't know the early pregnancy signs. They could have asked how are you sleeping lately being in a new house? Then there are visual cues such as a bigger chest. For people who tout modesty they sure don't know anything about privacy or subtly.

I havn't seen the clip but if they are preventing there is also a chance that Jinger is very ashamed about it and don't want to talk about it. She was brought up believing birth control is pretty much equal to baby murder and she knows her family still feels this way. She might still feel that way but do what Jeramy wants to do. 

I hope she's not sad. Infertility is horrible and I really don't wish it on her. 

I personally don't think Jinger's reaction was related to a sadness of not being pregnant or concerns of infertility. Jessa stated that Jinger had been married for 2 months when they all video chatted with her. Unless Jinger really wanted kids right away and expected a honeymoon baby like Jill, I doubt she was upset about not being pregnant within 8-10 weeks of her wedding.

16 minutes ago, Mayluka said:

I personally don't think Jinger's reaction was related to a sadness of not being pregnant or concerns of infertility. Jessa stated that Jinger had been married for 2 months when they all video chatted with her. Unless Jinger really wanted kids right away and expected a honeymoon baby like Jill, I doubt she was upset about not being pregnant within 8-10 weeks of her wedding.

That's true. The timing is throwing me off. I know some people believe you get pregnant whenever you do the horisontal tango though and have heard people complain it did'n work the first time and then becoming worried after like three months. 

I always really want to slap those people. Just a little.

47 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

That's true. The timing is throwing me off. I know some people believe you get pregnant whenever you do the horisontal tango though and have heard people complain it did'n work the first time and then becoming worried after like three months. 

I have to admit, that was me initially. When my husband and I first got married we knew we didn't want kids right away so we prevented. When we decided we were ready I always thought it would happen the first time (because hey, the only reason you don't have sex prior to marriage is babiezzz). It ended up taking us 6 months to get pregnant and while I know that's not long at all, it was upsetting at the time because I'd been lead to believe it would happen immediately. 

19 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@infooverload, @Karma, @fluffernutter and @sawasdee,  and anyone else dealing with hair loss,  I read the other day on NaturallyCurly that Wasabi has been shown in clinical trials (I believe there were clinical trials) to be more effective at treating hair loss than Rogaine (minoxidil).  Garnier already has a shampoo containing wasabi although I'd probably not use it as I avoid shampoo.  I could splurge on some wasabi powder to mix into my No Poo or conditioner or just get some fresh wasabi at the Asian market.  Yeah, my hair looks a little thin on top.

PennySycamore,I don't have hair loss,but I have done No Poo,OH Poo and Low Poo.I recently switched from shampoo bars to Low Poo.The shampoo bars made my hair dry,or I could have hard water.There are some essential oils,like Rosemary,that could be helpful,too.

On 6/27/2017 at 8:14 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm starting to believe that JinJer have no intention of having children any time soon, but won't tell the siblings that.  I'm also getting the vibe that Jinger isn't as close to Jess as Jess is to Jinger.

I've started to wonder if they are putting off starting a family for a bit to enjoy being newlyweds. If this is the case, good for them!! Jeremy seems a bit more relaxed in his ways so maybe they are doing some sort of natural family planning. I don't know if they would ever be okay with using actual birth control but maybe something like the calendar based method. Not the most effective, but still.  Also, I agree that Jessa seems to really cling to her relationship with Jinger. I think Jessa feels that they are way closer then they actually are. Jessa appears to really be struggling with Jinger being away. Like she lost her soulmate or something. Jinger comes off as being over it all. Glad to be out of there and away from everyone. She doesn't seem to eager to visit the TTH anytime soon.  

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I'm with you there! Timing always throws me off too, however it doesn't bother me I realize they have to film and then edit and stuff. But while those educated on fertility would know it takes up to a year Jinger might think Jill's honeymoon baby and Jessas three months are typical. I mean in Micheala's post about her fertility struggles (not knocking it at all that post had me sobbing) she ran to the doctor after a couple months it sounds lkevand they told her to wait until it had been a year. Seemed like that was a novel idea to her. 

So my point is, even if they are actively trying it's not been a year there's no reason to worry. I just feel for her if she feels like something is wrong due to lack of education. That's a lot to out in yourself when you have to pretend to be the happy preachers wife.

On June 27, 2017 at 7:52 AM, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

I post a lot more in recent years, but I tend to keep it short. Obviously, I'm not a good writer, and I find long posts, particularly when a good debate gets going, to be far too time-consuming for my poor writing skills. 

I've never thought you have poor writing skills at all! Quite the opposite. And I teach at the university level, so I see a good amount of writing that needs work. 

On 6/12/2017 at 7:00 AM, JesSky03 said:

Maybe she is someone who gets cold easily? Yesterday it was 86 degrees out but we had the central air running so in the house I was under a blanket. I also usually bring a sweater with me wherever we go in summer in case the place is freezing. 

I requested to sit on the patio at a restaurant last night. The waitress then apologized for it being so hot. I laughed that I had been freezing all day long and the sun felt really great. It was only in the high 70s, so even for non-hypothyroid people, I wouldn't think that would be considered hot.

On 6/26/2017 at 10:57 PM, FleeJanaFree said:

Do you currently consider yourself 'fundie'? I've recently been trying to keep my eyes out for FJ members that publicly state they are still fundie/QF/whatever; adds a good perspective to the conversation but I'm not aware of a great many here that have 'outed' themselves.  

By the majority FJ opinion, I'm fundie. Those I knew growing up would consider me a horrible backsliding liberal.

5 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

I havn't seen the clip but if they are preventing there is also a chance that Jinger is very ashamed about it and don't want to talk about it. She was brought up believing birth control is pretty much equal to baby murder and she knows her family still feels this way. She might still feel that way but do what Jeramy wants to do. 

I hope she's not sad. Infertility is horrible and I really don't wish it on her. 

Do we know when this was filmed? Could Jeremy's shade toward the Dillard's have to do with her asking Jinger something she did not want to discuss on camera?

@JemimaPuddle-Duck,  I'm with @lumpentheologie.  I never thought you had poor writing skills and, in fact, thought your writing writing skills were pretty darn good!

Btw, I love your user name.  We loved The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck when my girls were small.  Pit pat paddle pat!

On 6/27/2017 at 0:39 PM, viii said:

Agreed, I think Jessa is more attached to Jinger than Jinger is to her. Jinger is beginning to see life away from her family and while it's still very very very mild, she has been given more choices than she ever has before in her life.

Jessa and Jinger remind me SO much of this set of twins I know. One is louder and more assertive, and has always been the "dominant" twin. The other is quieter and meeker...a natural follower, as the Duggars would say. Everyone always assumed that the quieter one was more dependent on her sister, but now that they're adults, it's clearly the opposite. The "follower" twin is eager to experience new things, travel, take risks, get some time away, etc. Meanwhile, the "dominant" twin feels abandoned and doesn't know what to do with herself. It's like the dominant twin was the one who really needed a friend and partner-in-crime all along, and the "follower" just went along with it, but actually would have done fine on her own.

Not saying this is exactly Jessa and Jinger's situation, but it goes to show...sometimes the "follower" (Jinger) is more independent than people think! :)

@lumpentheologie and @PennySycamore That is so kind of you both, and it sincerely means a lot to me. I tend to be insecure about my writing skills. I was in the IB program in high school, but didn't go to college and over the years I've had less reason to write. Like I said in a thread somewhere, it's why we've been considering starting a family blog. My husband, myself, and the oldest kids could all use extra practice. :-)

We LOVE Miss Potter's stories in this family! They are probably my very favorite early literature for littles. I have the new book of her writing and art in my Amazon cart, waiting for a splurge purchase. 

(Actually I took one or two classes a semester for a few semesters at a CC, which I sometimes refer to as "during college".)

1 hour ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

@lumpentheologie and @PennySycamore That is so kind of you both, and it sincerely means a lot to me. I tend to be insecure about my writing skills. I was in the IB program in high school, but didn't go to college and over the years I've had less reason to write.

Small world!! I was an IB kid too. That's no small accomplishment. :)

@melon, your mention of shampoo bars bought back the memory of my first year at UGA.  There was a hippie-isa store downtown and this guy who worked in the store recommended I use Pears soap on my hair. Pears is great for your face.  Not so much for your hair!  Neutrogena used to make a solid shampoo and there was a solid shampoo that I could get at Target a few years ago before I went No Poo, but No Poo is so much better.  Solid shampoo does have the advantage for travel that it's not a liquid.  My daughter got some solid shampoo at Lush before her Vegas trip a few months ago.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived