IGNORED

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Version of Covfefe

fraurosena

If God wanted Dump to be president, my question would be, why? Does God hate America that much?

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 5

That picture makes her look like she's crying out for help. Too bad she decided to get in bed with Beelzebub.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Sarah Sanders was on the third page because she's irrelevant these days. Anyway, she had a briefing today. The first one in weeks and she was useless. 

• Upvote 5

According to a very cursory google search Sarah makes $ 179,700.00 a year. So what exactly is she doing to earn this ? I understand this is trumps decision  but that is a helluva salary to show up and lie to her country every few weeks. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

7 minutes ago, Botkinetti said:

According to a very cursory google search Sarah makes $ 179,700.00 a year. So what exactly is she doing to earn this ? I understand this is trumps decision  but that is a helluva salary to show up and lie to her country every few weeks. 

I guess that's the price of a soul in trumplandia. Stephen Miller makes the same. Note I didn't write "earns", since I don't think anyone in this administration earns the money being paid to them by our taxes.

• Upvote 8

• 1 month later...

Oh for pity sake. Sarah Slanders wouldn't know smart if it bit her in the ass: "Congress is not ‘smart enough’ to examine Trump’s tax returns, Sarah Sanders says"

Spoiler

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said Sunday that she doesn’t believe members of Congress are “smart enough” to examine President Trump’s tax returns, pushing back against Democrats’ demands for information on the president’s finances.

House Democrats have given the Trump administration a hard deadline of April 23 to turn over the president’s tax returns, arguing that Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s concerns about the request “lack merit.”

In an interview with “Fox News Sunday” host Chris Wallace, Sanders said that Democrats were treading a “dangerous road” and that their request for Trump’s tax returns is “all about political partisanship.”

Spoiler

“Frankly, Chris, I don’t think Congress — particularly not this group of congressmen and women — are smart enough to look through the thousands of pages that I would assume that President Trump’s taxes will be,” Sanders said. “My guess is most of them don’t do their own taxes, and I certainly don’t trust them to look through the decades of success that the president has and determine anything.”

She added that the Democratic effort puts “every American” in jeopardy.

“If they can single out one, they can single out everybody,” she said.

Trump refused to release his tax returns during the 2016 presidential campaign, breaking decades of precedent under which candidates for the White House voluntarily released their returns. Trump claimed it wouldn’t make sense to release his tax returns while, he said, they are under audit.

• Upvote 6

"What to do about Sarah Sanders? White House reporters have a few ideas."

Spoiler

Reporters have long approached White House press secretary Sarah Sanders with a trust-but-verify attitude, knowing full well that Sanders is tasked with spinning some of the more unspinnable statements made by her boss, President Trump.

But with the publication of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s report on Thursday, Sanders’s credibility among the people who cover her has been stretched about as taut as a violin string.

One White House reporter, April Ryan, has openly called for Sanders to be fired. While others don’t go that far, they acknowledge that Sanders’s public statements have damaged her, perhaps permanently, as the president’s spokeswoman. In conversations with reporters, it’s not unusual to hear her compared unfavorably to Ron Ziegler, President Nixon’s press secretary, whose reputation was shredded by the Watergate scandal.

Sanders admitted under oath to Mueller’s investigators that she made a series of false statements to the press after Trump fired FBI Director James B. Comey in May 2017. Sanders told Mueller that her comment that “countless” FBI employees had told her they supported the president’s decision was “a slip of the tongue.” She also said a second utterance — in which she said asserted that Trump and “the rest of the FBI” had lost confidence in Comey — was made “in the heat of the moment.” Mueller’s report concluded that her comments were “not founded on anything.”

Given that she made the erroneous statements on two separate occasions, her explanations for them raised the possibility that she not only lied, but lied in explaining why she lied.

“I hope and trust that she understands why this is a big deal and why it matters to us and to her,” said Peter Baker, the veteran New York Times White House reporter, in an interview Monday. “A press secretary’s most important asset is credibility. If you don’t have that, there’s not much point. But we all make mistakes. The test is what you do about it to make things better.”

Sanders hasn’t offered an apology or a public correction. Instead, she has gone on offense. After repeating the “heat of the moment” excuse during an interview on “Good Morning America,” she fired back, “I’m sorry that I wasn’t a robot like the Democrat Party that went out for 2½ years and repeated time and time again that there was definitely Russian collusion between the president and his campaign.”

Ryan, a CNN political analyst who covers the White House for American Urban Radio Networks, was having none of that on Monday. “She has acknowledged that she lied under oath,” she said. “You can’t trust her. End of story.”

She added, “She’s been caught in lie after lie. It’s beyond spin. She speaks for the president, so it’s life and death. In any other job, if someone acknowledged they lied under oath, they’d be gone. They’d be terminated.”

After Ryan called for Trump to “start lopping the heads off” of discredited officials, including Sanders, Sanders’s father, former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee, called the comment “an incitement to murder” on Twitter. He asked if the White House Correspondents’ Association (WHCA) would revoke Ryan’s press credential, apparently unaware that the WHCA doesn’t issue press credentials. Sanders told “Fox & Friends” that the comment was “a new low for the liberal media.”

To some extent, Sanders’s credibility is a moot point among reporters, given her increasing isolation from and limited contacts with the press.

Under Sander’s tenure, formal press briefings have all but disappeared, relieving Sanders of what was, at least in previous administrations, the press secretary’s primary daily responsibility. As of Tuesday, the Trump White House will set a record for the longest stretch without a briefing, 43 days. This breaks the previous record set in March (42 days), which broke the record set in January (41 days). Since the beginning of the year, Sanders has had just two briefings, fielding press questions for a mere 30 minutes or so in total.

Sanders sometimes holds Q&As with reporters on the White House driveway outside the James S. Brady Press Briefing Room. But these are both informal and irregular. She has also become well known among reporters for not responding to emails or calls to her office seeking comment.

Sanders did not reply to a request for comment for this story.

One reporter points out that Sanders can be helpful in the limited times she does engage, but not in a way that the public — or the president — sees. Sanders still has access to the president and can be a useful source on background or off the record, said the reporter. “She won’t deny things that she knows to be true,” said the reporter, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because her employer hadn’t approved her speaking for publication.

“As far as I’m concerned, the Mueller report hasn’t changed anything,” said Olivia Nuzzi, who covers the White House for New York magazine. “Sanders never should have been relied on, and she should not be relied on now.”

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Why is Sarah Sanders still being paid with taxpayer dollars? What is she doing for her salary? She sure isn't giving briefings, and when she is inclined to speak to reporters, she lies. Essentially she is being paid by the American public to lie to them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Sarah gets paid because she's very, very good at lying and staying on talking points, and I suspect, at generating those same  talking points.  She's almost as "good" as Kellyanne is this. 

Remember also who she is -- a Huckabee -- so she is a tremendously important face to Teavangelicals. 

And why is Dad Huckabee still using  "Gov. Mike Huckabee" on his twitter account?  He's been Ex Gov for a looooooong time. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Howl said:

Sarah gets paid because she's very, very good at lying and staying on talking points, and I suspect, at generating those same  talking points.  She's almost as "good" as Kellyanne is at lying and staying on talking points. 

Remember also who she is -- a Huckabee -- so she is a tremendously important face to Teavangelicals. 

Oh, I understand perfectly why the administration is keeping her in that role. What I don't get is that nobody is up in arms about it. Doesn't Congress have a say? They allocate budgets, right? Don't they also allocate how much the administration gets, and for what? Seriously, could Sarah be fired by Congress for not doing her job -- the real job I mean, not the one the administration has her doing? Or at least hold her and/or the administration to account?

Tell her, you're being paid to hold daily briefings. If you don't, well, you don't get paid. If you lie, you don't get paid.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Howl said:

And why is Dad Huckabee still using  "Gov. Mike Huckabee" on his twitter account?  He's been Ex Gov for a looooooong time. 

I think his long-term plan is to call himself Governor Huckabee until he becomes President Huckabee. :martian-disgust:

My long-term plan is to call him a ignorant jackass for the rest of his days.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 9

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a surprise, Sarah Slanders prefers going on Faux to speaking to actual reporters: "Sarah Sanders chooses Fox News over briefings"

Spoiler

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders didn’t make much news Wednesday morning when she spoke with the “Fox & Friends” crew about current affairs. She bashed Democrats; she spoke of “great progress” on the border wall; she spoke about a meeting that President Trump would host later Wednesday with Democratic congressional leaders.

“I don’t want to get too far ahead of the president’s meeting,” said Sanders to a question from co-host Brian Kilmeade regarding the agenda.

That sounds like the sort of answer that a press secretary would offer in the White House briefing room, before 50-odd correspondents from all manner of news organizations. Yet Sanders hasn’t appeared in that context since March 11 — or 72 days. That’s another record. The thoroughly democratic tradition of the White House briefing is all but extinct.

During the ongoing no-briefing skid, Sanders has appeared at least 12 times on various Fox News programs, as follows: March 12 (“Outnumbered Overtime”), March 25 (“America’s Newsroom”), April 2 (“America’s Newsroom”), April 4 (“Fox & Friends”), April 14 (“Fox News Sunday”), April 18 (“Hannity”), April 22 (“Fox & Friends”), April 29 (“Fox & Friends”), May 2 (“America’s Newsroom”), May 4 (“Watters’ World”), May 16 (“Fox & Friends”) and May 22 (“Fox & Friends”). Sanders has also appeared on NBC’s “Today” and ABC News’s “Good Morning America,” as well as CNN, CBS News and Sinclair.

As noted previously in this space, White House reporters use Sanders’s appearances on Fox News as an opportunity of sorts: As she walks back from her appearances on the White House grounds, they gather and wait with their questions. To her credit, Sanders often stops and engages. Even as the briefings have gone away, she has claimed that she’s still answering questions from the media every day. President Trump, too, is famous for his frequent question-and-answer sessions with reporters, far outpacing several predecessors in this category.

Seven of Sanders’s Fox News appearances postdate the release of the Mueller report, which contained a passage indicating that the then-deputy press secretary had lied about President Trump’s May 2017 firing of James B. Comey. “Countless” FBI officials, said Sanders, supported the firing — a line that provided political cover for Trump’s abrupt personnel move. Well, that “countless” reference was a “slip of the tongue,” Sanders told Mueller’s team. The Mueller report also said this: “She also recalled that her statement in a separate press interview that rank-and-file FBI agents had lost confidence in Comey was a comment she made ‘in the heat of the moment;’ that was not founded on anything.”

Fox News host Sean Hannity helped Sanders make this particular controversy vanish, at least for Fox News viewers. In an April 18 chat with Sanders, Hannity stumbled and stammered in a transparent bid to minimize the offense of lying to the American people. It was a moment that propaganda historians should bookmark:

HANNITY: Let me ask you this, so the media is attacking you today because I guess in the testimony you gave you had said you’re FBI — a lot of the FBI people you know were — well, I can tell you. Let me put it this way. Every FBI rank and file guy, the 99.9 percent I know have all thanked me. Because they’re hurt their rep. This is the premier law enforcement agency in the world, just like our intelligence community — same thing. The premier intelligence community in the world. They were hurt by a few at the top and they’re angry about it. And you said that. But explain.

SANDERS: Absolutely. Look, I acknowledged that I had a slip of the tongue when I used the word “countless,” but it’s not untrue. And certainly, you just echoed exactly the sentiment and the point that I was making is that a number of both current and former FBI agents agreed with the president.

Another extraordinary moment on Sanders’s recent Fox News tour occurred on the May 4 edition of Jesse Watters’s weekend show. Apparently Watters hadn’t realized that Sanders had stopped doing briefings, because he asked this question:

WATTERS: You looking forward to the next press briefing? I mean, I could just see you out there. Anytime they say anything, you say how are you supposed to believe the thing you guys say, you guys lied about collusion for two years?

Fox News bubble? Did Watters not realize that the Mueller report nailed Sanders in plain language for lying to the press?

In any case, Sanders responded:

SANDERS: Yes, exactly. Look, we take questions from the press every single day. I took questions from reporters yesterday morning for quite a bit of time and continue to do that. Happy to do it anywhere, anytime, anyplace.

Bolding added to highlight another lie: The White House Correspondents’ Association, and plenty of other voices, have urged Sanders to relaunch regular briefings. The response has been more Fox News appearances.

In swapping briefings for Fox News, Sanders is merely modeling the behavior of her boss. As of May 10, reported Media Matters for America, 92 percent of President Trump’s nationally televised interviews in 2019 have taken place on Fox News/Fox Business, a boost from 67 percent in 2017-2018. (In response to a request from the Erik Wemple Blog, Media Matters also found a few recent Sanders appearances on Fox News that weren’t on our original list).

There’s no way that the American public can forthwith appreciate the damage done by a White House that is ditching the press en masse for one favored outlet. Only time will reveal whether the strategy helps Trump by deepening support among his most stalwart followers, or whether it hurts him by limiting his ability to get his message to the entire United States. All that’s clear now is that this is a drastic step that was once unthinkable, and that these days passes with less and less notice. Who knows — maybe Trump’s successor will harden the new normal into the permanent normal.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-house-spokeswoman-sanders-leaving-job-at-end-of-month/ar-AACQ89n?ocid=ientp

WASHINGTON, June 13 (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Thursday that White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders will leave her job at the end of the month.

"She is a very special person with extraordinary talents, who has done an incredible job! I hope she decides to run for Governor of Arkansas - she would be fantastic," Trump said on Twitter announcing her departure.

What's going on here? Did she tire of drinking the covfefe? Is she trying to reclaim her soul? Please god, don't let her run for governor of anything!

• I Agree 4

Since she hasn’t reported to the public for the last 100 days, I hope we haven’t paid her during that time. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder what specimen will replace her.

Why, nobody. It's not like this administration has any press-co's. And Sarah certainly never did anything to deserve her salary. She won't be missed.

I wish her all the best though. That she may have as much luck at running for governor as her daddy had running for president.

• Upvote 9

I love Mark Hamill's smackdown of Sarah Slanders:

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic