IGNORED

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Version of Covfefe

fraurosena

About that, @AmazonGrace, you do know it the media's fault, right?

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Says It's the Media's Fault That She Sucks at Her Job

As White House press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders’ first and most important task is to brief reporters and answer questions on various developments within the Trump administration. But as she explained to Fox News (who else?) on Sunday, the fact that she hasn’t actually held a press briefing in nearly a month is actually a sign that she’s doing a great job, and if anyone is to blame for her stonewalling, it’s the media itself.

Speaking with Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace, Huckabee Sanders was asked whether she was considering canceling her public briefings altogether since—in Wallace’s words—the press “grandstand”.

“Certainly, I won’t disagree with the fact that they grandstand,” Sanders agreed. “I think it’s pretty widely known that it happens.”

She continued:

The president does more short Q+A sessions than any president has prior to him. We’ve looked at those numbers.

[...]

I always think if you can hear directly from the president and the press has a chance to ask the president of the United States questions directly, that’s infinitely better than talking to me. We try to do that a lot, and you’ve seen us do that a lot over the last three weeks, and that’s gonna take the place of a press briefing when you can talk to the president of the United States.

Under normal circumstances, Sanders might have barely brushed up against a reasonable point: It’s good to hear administration news right from the source! But in this case—with a president who is a mush-brained liar—it’s hardly reassuring that Sanders thinks letting Trump ramble about Elton John and the 2016 election is a good substitute for actually being asked direct questions about what the White House is doing.

But hey, at least he doesn’t grandstand, right?

• WTF 4

• 4 weeks later...

"Sarah Huckabee Sanders Scolds Bomb Threat Victims For Criticizing Trump"

Spoiler

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Thursday that President Donald Trump will “continue to fight back” against people who speak out against him, even after a number of his high-profile critics were the intended targets of explosive devices last week. 

At her first press conference since early this month, reporters pressed Sanders to speak about the connection some people have made between the president vilifying the media and his political opponents and a Trump supporter attempting to mail bombs to several of his targets. 

“The president’s going to continue to draw contrast,” Sanders said when a reporter asked if Trump would cease calling out Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) during his rallies, or stop using nicknames like “crooked Hillary Clinton” and encouraging “lock her up” chants in reference to the former secretary of state. Clinton and Waters were among the intended recipients of last week’s bomb attempts. 

“Let’s not forget that these same Democrats have repeatedly attacked the president, whether it was Eric Holder saying ‘Kick ‘em when they’re down,’ whether it was Hillary Clinton saying, ‘You can’t be civil until Democrats have control of Congress,’ or whether it was Maxine Waters who encouraged her supporters to get up not just in the president’s face, but all administration officials’ faces,” Sanders said.

“Those actions from those Democrats, the president’s going to continue to fight back when these individuals not only attack him but attack member of his administration and supporters of his administration,” she added. 

Minutes later, a CNN reporter asked Sanders whether she thinks Trump’s regular use of the term “enemy of the American people” to describe the media should be reserved for actual enemies of the U.S. in light of CNN ― Trump’s favorite media target ― receiving bombs in the mail, too. 

“The president’s not referencing all media,” she said. “He’s talking about the growing amount of fake news that exists in the country, and the president’s calling that out.”

She sidestepped follow-up questions as to whether Trump considered CNN to be part of “The Fake News Media, the true Enemy of the People,” as he tweeted earlier on Monday. 

• WTF 4

Aidy Bryant does a wonderful SFS impression:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

Aidy Bryant always  cracks me up!

Edited by Cartmann99
  • I Agree 2

I've just caught up. Sarah dear was holding a press conference a few days ago(?) Jim Acosta dared to argue with her ( go that man!), she was wetting her bloomers and confusing her words in her rage to defend McFuckface about his language prior to the Synagogue murders etc. 

(Sorry I cannot link the post. Old phone and Dino' genes,  Hope some one can find it? It's on u tube.) 

I truly cannot understand how she can stand at that podium and spout total crap by the bucketful. I keep envisioning her wearing Jackboots and holding the leash of a hugely fierce guard dog. She would have fitted in so well during 1939-45. She obviously has the hots for McFuckface.

The Sanders children are going to learn just how bad their own Mother is in the future. Her future Grandchildren will read and learn about her. I cannot even imagine what that would feel like. (I am presuming that Historians will record this period of insanity honestly). 

There really are no words. Sorry for the ramble but I'm so so cross. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

Deer Rufus, I hope they do this with every single presiduncial utterance too!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

All the MSM should follow MSNBC's suit. Make them irrelevant.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was she dropped on her head repeatedly? I swear, everyone in this administration is delusional, lying, and crooked.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Was she dropped on her head repeatedly? I swear, everyone in this administration is delusional, lying, and crooked.

The lie is real. The truth isn't. Up is down. Down is up. Black is white and white is purple.

• Upvote 5

Maybe all the face palming people around Trump are constantly doing is starting to cause brain damage? It's not environmental, I think, because the Obama family managed not to lose brain function while living in the white house. This sort of quote from Sanders is Lori Alexander level of lack of self-awareness. 

Oooh. I just had an idea. MAYBE... Trump's handlers could send him away on a "top secret presidential mission" somewhere with a really nice golf course, and replace him with the animatronic from Disney's Hall of Presidents? It's probably more intelligent than he is, and less offensive. And won't wander off randomly. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Oooh. I just had an idea. MAYBE... Trump's handlers could send him away on a "top secret presidential mission" somewhere with a really nice golf course, and replace him with the animatronic from Disney's Hall of Presidents? It's probably more intelligent than he is, and less offensive. And won't wander off randomly. 

Your idea made me think of John Oliver's use of the wax statue of Warren G. Harding, who, despite being a lousy president, was better than Dumpy:

• Haha 5

If your job title is "Press Secretary", but you hold no press conferences, then are you really a "Press Secretary"? Does Sarah Fuck-up-a-bee Sanders really exist or is she just a recurring collective fever dream?

• Upvote 7

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Press secretary makes partisan attack on law enforcement 

Sounds like her boss wrote this

• I Agree 5

I'm glad the press is now no longer being polite.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

"The White House lost its narrative on Michael Flynn. So it made up some stuff about James Comey instead."

Spoiler

From the very start of Tuesday’s White House press briefing, press secretary Sarah Sanders had no real answers on former national security adviser Michael Flynn. White House hopes that a judge would rebuke the FBI for its treatment of Flynn quickly and rather spectacularly fell apart. Flynn himself told the judge that he didn’t feel duped into lying, as his and Trump’s supporters have alleged. It all rendered Sanders’s argument earlier in the day that Flynn had been “ambushed" pretty well undercut.

So she changed the subject to James B. Comey — and butchered what Comey actually said.

Flynn didn’t make the case the White House desired, so Sanders suggested Comey had. Here’s what she said about Comey, who was FBI director when Flynn lied repeatedly as he was interviewed in January 2017 (emphasis added):

“What we do know that was inappropriate by own self-admittance of James Comey is that the FBI broke standard protocol in a way that they came in and ambushed General Flynn and in the way that they questioned him and in the way that they encouraged him not to have White House counsel’s office present. And we know that because James Comey told us that, and he said that the very reason that they did was because —the only reason that they did it — it was the Trump administration and they thought they could get away with it. Those are facts, and certainly there may be other issues there but that we don’t have any reason to want to walk that back.

The first problem with this is that Comey never said the Flynn interview was inappropriate, or anything of the sort. In an interview with MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace last week, he said FBI agents would normally go through the White House Counsel’s Office to interview the likes of Flynn. But he never said that was FBI “protocol” or even required. Instead, he was remarking on the lack of organization in the Trump White House, especially in its early days.

“[It’s] something we — I — probably wouldn’t have done or maybe gotten away with in a more organized investigation — a more organized administration,” Comey said, adding: “I thought, ‘It’s early enough; let’s just send a couple guys over.'”

Comey wasn’t saying that the agents didn’t run through the proper channels; he’s saying the White House didn’t run it through the proper channels. Comey’s “gotten away with” phrasing does make it sound somewhat nefarious, but his point was broadly about how the White House would normally stand in the way of such things — not that there was anything wrong with what the agents did. If there was a protocol that was broken, it was the White House’s own.

Sanders went on to say Comey admitted protocol had been broken in two other ways: “in the way that they questioned [Flynn], and in the way that they encouraged him not to have White House Counsel’s Office present.” That is quite simply nowhere to be found in Comey’s comments — anywhere. In fact, in sworn testimony Monday to the House Oversight Committee, Comey stated flatly that the interview didn’t break protocol in those ways:

REP TREY GOWDY (R-S.C.): Why not advise General Flynn of the consequences of making false statements to the FBI?

COMEY. Two reasons, really. First, the deputy director [of the FBI, Andrew McCabe] called him, told him what the subject matter was, told him he was welcome to have a representative from White House counsel there. So he knew what he was going to be asked about. He was an extraordinarily experienced person and so reasonably should be assumed to understand you can’t lie to the FBI.

Second, it’s not protocol. The FBI does not do that in noncustodial interviews.

Comey’s comments lent themselves nicely to this kind of mischaracterization. Sometimes his ego gets the better of him, and in this case he basically seemed to be bragging about penetrating the White House’s bureaucratic defenses.

But Sanders’s summary of them is wrong in multiple ways — and the fact that she has to effectively invent things that he said in defense of the White House’s Flynn allegations pretty much says it all about how much substance is behind them.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic