IGNORED

Sarah Huckabee Sanders Version of Covfefe

fraurosena

In other words, she had no idea how to spin this herself.

• Upvote 6

Look the president's former campaign manager was indicted for hiding foreign bank accounts but why is everyone focusing on the fact that it's a felony, why isn't anybody asking about Donald Trump's economic policies that made it possible for Manafort to repatriate these assets. Yes , he was convicted of tax fraud but it was Obama's fault.  He wrecked the economy which was a disaster, but now,  thanks to Trump, we have the tax reform and rich people are happy to pay their taxes again. Also, the president has frequently addressed the matter and just last night he tweeted  that Manafort was only briefly his son. I think the tweet speaks for itself. Why are we talking about this and not that girl who was murdered by an illegal immigrant? Democrats are weak on crime and murder and they hate the Vets.

As for Michael Cohen, he was only employed by Trump for a brief amount of time and he has been a liar all his life. As proof of his liarly lying, he made some statements in court, and it goes without saying that  the president firmly denies all of it. I refer you to his Air Force one statement that he knew nothing about the payments and you should ask Michael Cohen. On the surface that may look like a mistake since SDNY asked Michael Cohen and  we don't like his answers because they distract from the real agenda which is to keep America great.  Why isn't anybody in the fake news asking about how we repealed Obama's harmful clean air regulations? It is a huge victory for American industries an American workers.  In unrelated news, pharmaceutical companies that manufacture asthma drugs have got their best stock numbers ever. Forgotten Americans are finally getting used to all the winning as you can see in Trump's rally tonight.  Next I would like to read a letter from an Oklahoma Trump supporter. "Dear Mr. President. My name is Timmy and I'm thirteen.  Is it true that you dated Stormy? Wow she is hot. I hope you will be president forever."  Note that nothing in this letter indicates any claim of any wrong doing by the president. There is no Russian collusion, and that is why everyone should look away from all the other crimes that Mr. Mueller is uncovering. This is  a rigged witch hunt, as the president has repeatedly said. He could run this investigation himself and he should. Thank you very much. You are all fake news and in our next press briefing I will not call those of you that I find ugly. No, we are not talking about pardons, we are saving that for the next distraction. We aren't done with the security clearances yet.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

LIstening to Sarah briefing live, most of her answers are, "the president has addressed this and I have nothing further to add. There has been no collusion and the president did nothing wrong. Anything further I would refer you to the outside counsel."

• Upvote 5

Her body language is screaming that doesn't want to be there:

Sarah signed up for this gig with the goal of getting the United States one step closer to the conservative Christian fairyland that she and her father want for our country. Now, she's up there defending a man who goes against everything she claims to hold dear and destroying her own soul in the process.

I have zero sympathy for her predicament..

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I bet she's fervently praying -- please god, please god -- that f she repeats it often enough, it just might become true

Sarah Sanders' refrain: Trump 'did nothing wrong'

One day after a series of punishing legal hits for the White House, press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders stuck to a refrain: The president “did nothing wrong,” she reiterated, using nearly identical language at least 11 times.

On Tuesday, the president’s former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, was found guilty on eight counts of tax and bank fraud. His former personal attorney, Michael Cohen, pleaded guilty to fraud and campaign finance violations. And Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-Calif.), one of the first lawmakers to back Trump ahead of the 2016 election, was charged with campaign finance violations.

But none of that, Sanders said during the White House press briefing, meant the president was involved in any wrongdoing.

Sanders kicked off the briefing with a statement on the Category 4 hurricane bearing down on Hawaii, and she also touched on a summary of a call between Trump and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and on an Iowa college student who police said was killed by an undocumented immigrant.

But reporters’ questions kept returning to Manafort, Cohen and how the White House was handling the legal woes.

Cecilia Vega of ABC News pointed out that Cohen said Tuesday under oath that he was acting on Trump’s directions when he made payments to two women who alleged they had affairs with the president. “Did President Trump commit a crime?” Vega asked.

“As the president said, we stated many times, he did nothing wrong,” Sanders responded.

“Why not report the payments?” Vega followed up.

Again, I’m not getting into the back-and-forth details. I can tell you as the president has stated on numerous occasions, he did nothing wrong,” Sanders said. “There are no charges against him in this.”

“Can you say the president has never lied to the American people?” Vega asked, referencing an assertion Trump made months ago that he didn’t know about Cohen’s payments to the women.

“I think that’s a ridiculous accusation,” Sanders said, before returning to her theme: “The president in this matter has done nothing wrong. There are no charges against him.”

By the time she called on CNN’s Kaitlan Collins, Sanders had grown exasperated with being hammered on the topic.

“Once again, I have addressed this a number of times,” she told Collins in response to a question about a recent interview on Cohen that Trump had given to Fox News. “Just because you continue to ask the same questions over and over, I am not giving a different answer.”

After Sanders told another reporter that she had “addressed all that I’m going to say on the Cohen issue” and directed the correspondent to reach out to Trump’s outside counsel, the reporter responded, “Can’t we bring them in here for the briefing? Even better, have a press conference.”

“I would encourage you to reach out to them,” Sanders said. Then she moved on. 

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

From Rick Wilson's latest posting to the daily beast: 

To witness Sarah Huckabee Sanders walking herself into the classic trap of D.C.’s most incompetent spinners on the topic of Woodward’s book was like watching someone stick a fork into a toaster.

Also, Sarah's wearing her black Confederate widow dress today.......

• Upvote 3

I remember reading once that Sarah sets aside time every day to read the Bible in her office. I want to know if she's at the point yet where she drinks during Bible Time.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

is Shuckabee alive?

Probably.  WH staff should put up a life-sized cutout of SHS behind the lectern.  You'd get the exact same information and it's less stressful for everyone.  

Is she mentioned in the Woodward book?

• Upvote 6

Because of course she did: "‘No one is perfect’: Here’s how Sarah Huckabee Sanders excuses Trump’s conduct"

Spoiler

For a just-published profile of White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the New Yorker’s Paige Williams got spotty cooperation. As it turns out, Sanders treats profile writers much the way she treats the press in her increasingly rare briefings. With a meddling touch, that is. Writes Williams: “Sanders may accept that she can’t control the questions she is asked, but she nevertheless tries to take control of every exchange. In her interactions with me, she took this approach to extremes, saying that almost everything was off the record.”

What’s not off the record is the interview that Sanders gave to Baptist Press in January, where she talked about her Christian faith — a topic on which this daughter of a former Southern Baptist preacher turned politician, Mike Huckabee, has always been outspoken. In those comments, Sanders spoke about how religion mixes with politics: “A lot of times people say you need to separate faith and work, and my answer is that you can’t. Because if you are a deep-rooted Christian, your faith is what defines you, and I think that’s something that I try to take with me in everything I do and certainly don’t separate that when I go to work every day.”

In her time with Sanders, Williams poked around on an adjacent topic. Just how did this Christian woman reconcile her Christian principles with the fellow who paid off Stormy Daniels to keep quiet about an alleged extramarital affair? Or, for that matter, hundreds of other offenses to common decency? From the profile:

“I’m not going to my office expecting it to be my church,” [Sanders] answered. “Frankly, if people of faith don’t get involved in the dirty process, then you’re missing the entire point of what we’re called to do. You’re not called to go into the places where everyone already thinks like you and is a believer — you have to go onto a stage where they’re not.” She went on, “You have to take that message into the darkest places, and the dirtiest places, and the most tainted and dysfunctional places. If you can influence even one person, that’s what you’re supposed to do.” (Later, Sanders said that she was speaking broadly, about her social duty as a Christian and not about the White House.)

I said a lot of Americans feel that the person who needs the most help is Trump.

“We all need help,” she said. “That’s the whole basis of Christianity. No one is perfect. We are all sinners.” I asked her if she considered Trump racist. She said no.

“No one is perfect” — what an elegant assertion of false equivalence. As if Trump’s predecessors in the White House were imperfect to the same degree as 45. It’s this ability that separates Sanders from previous press secretary Sean Spicer: She is the master of the unassailable and ultimately meaningless reply.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Sarah is visibly uncomfortable, but she still spouts the party line:

• WTF 3

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Sarah is visibly uncomfortable, but she still spouts the party line:

Why doesn't anyone ask her: "Based on what exactly don't you believe it was at the hands of Kavanaugh? What evidence do you have that definitively proves it wasn't him? And why haven't you handed over that evidence to the Judiciary Committee?"

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

Jeeeze, by this (something happened, but not with OUR guy) they are still implying that it was Squi, the nice middle school teacher in Georgia.  That's the strategy they came up with earlier, and they are sticking to it.  I hope Squi is on speed dial to Avenetti, because this could have absolutely horrible repercussions for him on every level of his life that I can think of; literally millions of people now think he's the guy that tried to rape a 15-year-old girl. 

There really isn't anything lower than trying to save your ass by implying it was someone else that committed the crime. 

• Upvote 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic