IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

10 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Maybe this has nothing to do with Dillon's thought process, but either way I think it's a nice tattoo. A pathology Instagram account I follow has recently been making posts about ring avulsion AKA "degloving" injuries (HUGE content warning if you choose to Google this- they're graphic, severe injuries), and it's completely changed the way I view wedding rings. It's basically when a ring gets caught on something and takes off skin/muscle tissue on its way off. 

If Dillon does a lot of manual labor with his hands but wants to enjoy the public marriage symbol of the ring, then I'd say this was actually a really good move on his part.

I went to (sigh) band camp with a girl who lost her finger that way. She was on the bleachers and fell off and her ring took off her finger. 

My husband doesn't wear a wedding band at all - he says it's because of work (but really - it's because he wears NO jewelry). Coming up on 16 years - I think we're solid. 

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

Maybe this has nothing to do with Dillon's thought process, but either way I think it's a nice tattoo. A pathology Instagram account I follow has recently been making posts about ring avulsion AKA "degloving" injuries (HUGE content warning if you choose to Google this- they're graphic, severe injuries), and it's completely changed the way I view wedding rings. It's basically when a ring gets caught on something and takes off skin/muscle tissue on its way off. 

I’m assuming you’re following Mrs Angemi’s account?  She posts some informative (if not disturbing) content!!

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, curlykate said:

I’m assuming you’re following Mrs Angemi’s account?  She posts some informative (if not disturbing) content!!

Hahaha yes, that's exactly it ? I follow a few others too, but she's queen. She's had at least one degloving post recently, but I think it may have been more than one.

I love her even though I think she gets a bit intense with "breast is best" and weight loss/lifestyle type stuff. I disagree with her on these points but hey, at least her opinion seems to be quite well-informed.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Meggo said:

I went to (sigh) band camp with a girl who lost her finger that way. She was on the bleachers and fell off and her ring took off her finger.

oh gosh yes, this happened to my great great aunt when she fell off a tram. I only knew her when she was in her nineties and I was a little girl, but I thought she was the best thing EVER. Her and her missing finger. What a badass.

(she did other cool stuff - fought the Nazis etc - but I just wanted to hear the finger story again)

My friend is a mechanic and has a wedding band made from some crazy-hard metal. I wonder if he ever considered a tattoo.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

Hubby's is tungsten with a neat Celtic dragon pattern, and I always worry about an accident. Problem is his other rings got heavily damaged and dinked up in the kitchen. Catch 22 really.

• Upvote 1

On 9/10/2018 at 10:08 AM, Meggo said:

My husband doesn't wear a wedding band at all - he says it's because of work (but really - it's because he wears NO jewelry). Coming up on 16 years - I think we're solid. 

My husband does house repairs for a living and doesn't wear his ring,  I kinda wish he would sometimes because we got our rings in Albuquerque and they are awesome. 

• Upvote 1

My husband’s ring is white gold and the first week he was wearing it he dug in sand and got a big dent from a rock. He worked at a kindy at the time and the ring got so scratched up. 

We both wear them all the time so it looks like we’ve been married for 50 years if you go by the look on the rings. It’s actually only 8 years though. :)

• Upvote 4

My husband wears a Qalo ring. He insisted on wearing his regular ring for a long time but with his job, he really shouldn't. He actually gained weight so his old ring didn't fit. ? It all works out, I feel more comfortable with him not wearing the metal ring at work. 

• Upvote 2

I leave my ring behind for things like going to the gym, swimming, canoeing, camping, etc. And take it off for things like dishes, cleaning bathrooms, showering. Anything where I could get hurt or it could get lost or damaged. I've been thinking of getting a silicon ring so I still have something to wear in those situations.

• Upvote 5

I leave my engagement ring behind when we're travelling. But my wedding band is so slim I don't really worry about it? I don't think I do anything that would put it in danger - obviously accidents happen etc. but I'm so likely to break my foot falling off my bed (true story) that I tend NOT to do anything really dicey. (I'm just clutzy)

• Upvote 2

When I was younger I had a ring that got cought on a hook in a train. I hung up my jacket and was sitting down. It messed up my finger pretty bad, it’s still crooked 25 years later. And the ring broke. My grandmother gave it to me and I loved it. My dad tried to fix it but is was never the same. 

• Sad 3

In college I got a ring caught on a ladder when I was climbing down from my boyfriend’s loft bed. It was bad, but it could have been so much worse. Ugh.

My husband lost his wedding ring in the ocean around 2 years after we got married. Luckily we had a feeling something like that would happen and his ring was only like $150. I don’t mind that he doesn’t wear one. I have had months of time where I seem to have an allergic reaction to my rings and have to take a break from wearing them, and months where they don’t bother me at all. Now after baby number 2, they don’t fit at all but I’m hoping they will when some of the weight comes off. I love my rings! 

• Upvote 3

This summer was so hot my fingers swelled up and made my rings uncomfortable. So I only wear one of the now. Will put the other one back on once winter arrives. :)

• Upvote 2

My wedding ring is just a band.  It's yellow gold with a smaller strip of white gold on both sides of the yellow gold.  I'm in my late 40s and am sure that I have SPD.  The fact that I only like to wear rings that are bands because they don't get "crooked" on my fingers is only one of the many reasons I am sure.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

A little birdie (ok no bird, its fucking pickles who else lol) is saying Amo is preggers... #stilladuggarlass

"Also, an inside source tells me that Amy Duggar King is pregnant. Of course this is the kind of news that is exciting but also tenuous due to high miscarriage rates. I just want to wish Amy health and happiness and I hope Dylan can step up as a dad. Lock up all your war weapons, dude!"

34 minutes ago, HurricaneBells said:

"Of course this is the kind of news that is exciting but also tenuous due to high miscarriage rates."

Kind of a weird thing to say. If she's still early enough when miscarriages are common, why does this person even know and why are they telling Pickles? (Okay, the latter question applies anyway, but still) Of course miscarriage is always a possibility, but who congratulates a pregnancy by saying "But you still might miscarry!"?

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 12

8 hours ago, HurricaneBells said:

A little birdie (ok no bird, its fucking pickles who else lol) is saying Amo is preggers... #stilladuggarlass

"Also, an inside source tells me that Amy Duggar King is pregnant. Of course this is the kind of news that is exciting but also tenuous due to high miscarriage rates. I just want to wish Amy health and happiness and I hope Dylan can step up as a dad. Lock up all your war weapons, dude!"

I am super curious as to who her source is, because Amy wasn’t at the wedding, neither was Deanna. I guess she could have been there, but I didn’t see her anywhere. 

• Thank You 3

On 11/6/2018 at 11:50 PM, Rachel333 said:

Kind of a weird thing to say. If she's still early enough when miscarriages are common, why does this person even know and why are they telling Pickles? (Okay, the latter question applies anyway, but still) Of course miscarriage is always a possibility, but who congratulates a pregnancy by saying "But you still might miscarry!"?

Someone who needs an out if she's not actually pregnant.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

On 11/6/2018 at 11:50 PM, Rachel333 said:

Maybe Amy was comfortable telling this person she was pregnant early. Not everyone wants to keep their pregnancy a secret to the arbitrary "safe zone" and would actually appreciate public support if they were to miscarry. I've been pregnant 3 times, but I only have my son...I could never keep the babies I lost a secret. They are very much apart of me and have changed me as a person. 

As to why this person would have told pickles? Who the f knows with that crowd. Maybe Amy put her trust in the wrong person. Wouldn't be surprising considering she herself felt it was okay to spill family drama details to the rags.

And pickles comment about her possibly miscarrying is beyond disgusting. Pickles is an awful human being and I refuse to give her page any foot traffic.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

Maybe Amy was comfortable telling this person she was pregnant early. Not everyone wants to keep their pregnancy a secret to the arbitrary "safe zone" and would actually appreciate public support if they were to miscarry. I've been pregnant 3 times, but I only have my son...I could never keep the babies I lost a secret. They are very much apart of me and have changed me as a person. 

As to why this person would have told pickles? Who the f knows with that crowd. Maybe Amy put her trust in the wrong person. Wouldn't be surprising considering she herself felt it was okay to spill family drama details to the rags.

And pickles comment about her possibly miscarrying is beyond disgusting. Pickles is an awful human being and I refuse to give her page any foot traffic.

I definitely didn't mean to say she shouldn't tell people early, I was talking about the fact that, if true, someone who is close enough to Amy to learn about the pregnancy before Amy tells the public went and told Pickles about a pregnancy that might not last and that Amy apparently wasn't ready to tell others about. And then Pickles published it! It's a jerk move no matter what, but Pickles makes it sound even worse.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

I definitely didn't mean to say she shouldn't tell people early, I was talking about the fact that, if true, someone who is close enough to Amy to learn about the pregnancy before Amy tells the public went and told Pickles about a pregnancy that might not last and that Amy apparently wasn't ready to tell others about. And then Pickles published it! It's a jerk move no matter what, but Pickles makes it sound even worse.

If it’s true then it’s a massive dick move by both the source and by Pickles to reveal news Amy and Dillon might not have wanted to share publicly yet. And that miscarriage comment from Pickles was a ridiculously nasty comment for her to make. Pregnant women already have enough to think about without people pointing out that they could miscarry. That was just a downright cruel thing to say and I would hope Amy doesn't see it regardless of whether she actually is pregnant or not. 

I’ve been pregnant twice with only one preemie to show for it and I’d be livid if someone I trusted did or said that to me. 

• Upvote 9

Ugh pickles is a jerk. First, naming underage sexual abuse victims and now announcing someone’s pregnancy for them.

What’s next? Posting their phone numbers?

(please don’t. That was NOT a dare).

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Amy is opening a boutique. Didn't she only recently start a new job at a women's shelter or something like that?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic