IGNORED

Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

My brain is on energy safe mode,  so maybe is me but what do you mean @Chewing Gum with the correlation between instagram and the pregnancy announce? 

I think it's referring to the Duggars following Amy on Instagram when they hadn't in several years. 

@Don'tlikekoolaid conversation already in progress.

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Oh thanks! Yeah now is clear, tonight my brain just don't wanna work ?

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

@Don'tlikekoolaid conversation already in progress.

Thanks and sorry about that, I’m having a very bad horrible mixed up day!  

• Love 5

53 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Thanks and sorry about that, I’m having a very bad horrible mixed up day!  

Sorry about your bad day. Didn't mean to sound handslappy. My day's been a mixed bag too.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

So, do we thing they borrowed these balloons from JoKen?

Buy used, save the difference? ?

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

Same shit, Different Duggar. At least she took her time.

At least with Amy, I don't think we have to worry about blanket training etc. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

Amy and Jana look a lot alike. Or, rather, that's what Jan would look like if she were enthusiastic and joyous like Amy. 

• Upvote 7

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought her and Joe shared the balloons. Amy and Dillon were able to wait until they were married a few years before getting pregnant. I wonder how different baby King will be raised compared to his/her cousins.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought her and Joe shared the balloons. Amy and Dillon were able to wait until they were married a few years before getting pregnant. I wonder how different baby King will be raised compared to his/her cousins.

I imagine it will be different mostly because Amy won’t be constantly pregnant and she won’t make this first child become a parent to the youngers. She will actually get to enjoy her child’s babyhood without a laundry room breakdown. 

• Upvote 20

Good observation. Amy is an only child and Dillon has, well, at least one sibling. So my guess is they will want more than one, but probably will stop at 2, unless that's a twin pregnancy, lol. But I think she'll be hyper-vigilant to be sure they're not under pressure to live up to their cousins, or that the first doesn't feel they can't be themselves for the sake of "having to set a good example". I can't remember what Dillon's birth order is.

• Upvote 6

I’m not overly excited about this kid, partly because I’m just naturally skeptical of anyone connected to the Duggars, which I know is kind of unfair. But the big reason is just because they seemed to have so many issues between them when they did that reality show. Now that all very easily could have been made to look worse or made up completely because drama sells, but it just left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I hope that in the ensuing year or two since then that they’ve managed to work on whatever issues that may have actually existed. 

All that said... they’ve known each other a very long time, had a few years to settle into marriage, and seem to really want this baby. Amy and Dillon are both working*, so the baby should be provided for financially and I really don’t get the feeling that they’re the type of couple who wants as many kids as possible because Jesus. There’s a very good chance this kid could end up living a relatively normal life that includes friendships with people they simply like rather than forced friendships with people who believe exactly what they believe, a brick and mortar school, and not being forced to raise any possible younger siblings. If a Duggar has to be pregnant then I’m glad its Amy this time. I hope everything goes well with her pregnancy, the birth, and that they turn out to be decent parents. 

*This isn’t meant as a swipe at her cousins. I just think it’s a positive that they both have non-reality tv jobs because it might provide a bit more stability and privacy for their child as they grow up. I don’t doubt the baby will be all over their social media, but I also have a tiny bit of hope they won’t use the baby to shill any merchandise (ala Audrey and Jeremy Roloff.) Amy having her own store is a positive too since she’ll be capable of providing for her family should anything happen to Dillon or their marriage as well. 

• Upvote 18

17 minutes ago, albanuadh_1 said:

When is she due or did they say?

October.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Please let this be a Duggar child who gets to set foot in an actual classroom.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Please let this be a Duggar child who gets to set foot in an actual classroom.

I doubt she’d have time to homeschool and run a small business.  

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I imagine it will be different mostly because Amy won’t be constantly pregnant and she won’t make this first child become a parent to the youngers. She will actually get to enjoy her child’s babyhood without a laundry room breakdown. 

That's what I was thinking, she may want more than one but I don't see her having more than two or three children. I always got the feeling that she enjoyed going to Jim Bob and Michelle's to spend time with her cousins but loved the fact she could go home and didn't have all the responsibilities that the older Duggar children had.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Part of me kind of hopes she has twins, just because it would probably make Michelle’s head explode. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, justodd said:

Part of me kind of hopes she has twins, just because it would probably make Michelle’s head explode. 

Wow. I was literally just going to say this.  Lol.  I was scrolling to the end of the page to type it out and...there it is.  Your post.  

I do think twins are the holy grail for a fundy wife.  Singletons are just too ordinary.  

Edited by Timetostoplurking
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I doubt she’d have time to homeschool and run a small business.  

was she homeschooled?

25 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

was she homeschooled?

No, I believe she went to a Christian school. Her upbringing was a lot different to her cousins.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

No, I believe she went to a Christian school. Her upbringing was a lot different to her cousins.

good chance she wont homeschool then IMO

• Coconut Flan locked this topic