Amy and the Pickle 5: Trekking to TLC

choralcrusader8613

On 6/1/2019 at 11:25 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Name guesses for the boy:

Landon Dillon King

Ashton Dillon King

Carter Dillon King

Gavin Dillon King

Well I guess Daxton isn’t far off from my guesses.

• Upvote 3

On 7/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, Chewing Gum said:

Daxton Ryan, where does Ryan come from? Tryndy as expected.

They can pick whatever tryndy name they want. I’ll just be happy if he gets to go to an actual school*, have friends outside the family, and have opportunities his extended Duggar family will likely be denied. 

*Usual Disclaimer about not all homeschooling families being bad at it and it being a perfectly valid option for families who put the work in to do a great job. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

That name is utterly horrifying. I’d put it on par with Spurgeon, tbh. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

On 7/18/2019 at 8:06 PM, Satan'sFortress said:

Haven't seen this posted yet.  Very pregnant Amy in a very Nike bikini?  I can't remember the rules on posting pics---this one is from People.  To be safe, I am just posting the link.

https://people.com/parents/amy-duggar-posts-photo-husband-dillon-leaning-baby-bump-optical-illusion/

Gotta admit that's a pretty good optical illusion. Haven't seen that one before. 

• Upvote 2

I actually know someone who named their kid Daxton, and they regretted it. I personally have no opinion either way on the name, but according to her, people either had no idea what the name was or thought it was Jackson. She gave her younger kids very classic, easy to spell and pronounce names for that reason.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I actually know someone who named their kid Daxton, and they regretted it. I personally have no opinion either way on the name, but according to her, people either had no idea what the name was or thought it was Jackson. She gave her younger kids very classic, easy to spell and pronounce names for that reason.

I used to teach. I had a student whose official name was Semaj. Not kidding. Mom wrote it like that on the birth certificate. Everyone called him James. She said she did it as a joke. But she even calls him James. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 7

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Is Daxton  the new Axton?

Axton reminds me of Axel or Axle or Axyl. I can't find anything wrong with that name. At least I couldn't until a daughter of Kody Brown (Sister Wives) named her son Axel (don't know which spelling she used) and her last name is Brush. Axel Brush sounds like a heavy duty cleaning tool for the undercarriage of a truck and I can't unhear it and unsee it.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, NorthernGal said:

The name Ryan means “Little King”. 

Daxton ‘Little King’ King is the new ATM Machine. 

• Haha 6

On FJ we often discuss whether certain fundie behaviors are acceptable when they're done outside of the fundie lifestyle. It is for times like this that God put Amy on the earth. Looking at her latest insta post, I can confirm that the whole "I'm a #boymom who's not afraid to get my #hands #dirty and play #outside with my #male #son #♂️" thing is still terrible when non-fundies do it.

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The whole joy lom thing annoys me. I have a son and one more on the way but never would I consider my self #boymom. It's just such a label of trying to make your children a competition to me. I am Daisy Sprout and Daisy Seed's mom. They are individuals not boy baby trophies. 

• Upvote 14

It’s just the adult equivalent of an eighth grader declaring herself “not like the other girls” because she hangs out with guys (because they’re “less drama”)

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5
  • Love 2

On 7/23/2019 at 3:37 PM, OyToTheVey said:

I used to teach. I had a student whose official name was Semaj. Not kidding. Mom wrote it like that on the birth certificate. Everyone called him James. She said she did it as a joke. But she even calls him James. 

okay, I'm cracking up because my hubby's name is James and I used to use semaj as an online password, back in the day when you didn't need all of the extra characters, etc.  Too funny!

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 6:37 PM, OyToTheVey said:

This is great!  On another unique name note, We have a student in the school that i work at and his name is King Caeser (first and middle). we have to call him by that or his parents get mad as does he. 

and get this. his brother's name is caeser. just caeser. nothing like having to live up to your older brother's name for the rest of your life! 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 7
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

This is great!  On another unique name note, We have a student in the school that i work at and his name is King Caeser (first and middle). we have to call him by that or his parents get mad as does he. 

and get this. his brother's name is caeser. just caeser. nothing like having to live up to your older brother's name for the rest of your life! 

In any other situation I would say naming your kid Ceasar is really pretentious. But in this combination, just Ceasar sounds the opposite.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

16 hours ago, seashell1025 said:

A friend of mine had her purse stolen recently and her boyfriend followed the contactless transactions to a nearby bar to catch the thief red-handed. He was assisted in this by one of the bartenders, Caesar King who sat on the perp until the police arrived. Small world.

• Upvote 5

• 3 weeks later...

I don't love phrases like "boy mom" but I can also be a little cynical about cutesy, 'grammable phrases in that vein anyway. I can see the usefulness of a phrase like that if, say, you have many kids of only one gender and/or sex and it's relevant to the topic at hand... say, teaching kids how to clean their genitals or guiding them on how to relate to other sexes/genders. I would say "boy moms" in this vein probably have some specialized skills. Grain of salt: I have but one stepson who I met when he was seven, so I still consider myself fairly far from being experienced in parenting.

Daxton. Egh. I don't like it, sorry. It's not even in the top 10 bad fundie baby names though... which is saying something.

• Upvote 5

I love playing Legos, building rockets, and reading about sharks, dinosaurs, and dragons with my kids! #girlmom 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 9

On 7/29/2019 at 7:26 PM, seashell1025 said:

On the thread drift of weird given names. I went to HS with a girl named Sushi. Not a nickname, but her real darn given name. So I don't really like Daxton personally, but at least it is not Sashimi. :pb_lol:

• Haha 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic